deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

he did interview with h3h3 podcast and explains what happened and how people were out to get him and his income

its a decent watch the guy seems like a decent down to earth guy and its a mess what happened to him

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

poor papa

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

Never liked him nor his commercials.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

I love his Pizzas but never like his smug face.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16873 Posts

@davillain-: You like his pizza?! You must a cast iron stomach.

BTW...Is it just me, or does he look like the garlic sauce that comes with the food is seeping out his pores?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Is it just me, or does he look like the garlic sauce that comes with the food is seeping out his pores?

Hahaha! It's true!

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

You'll have to excuse me if I don't believe he was a victim in all of this. The easier explanation? He opened his loud mouth and he's surprised that there are consequences to his actions and words.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

What exactly did he say causing him trouble?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Ok, I don't have two hours to watch all that. Can someone please summarize his defense for me? Thanks.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16873 Posts

@Solaryellow: these articles help sum up the things he said that got him in trouble; from criticizing the way the NFL handled the national anthem protests a few years back, and blaming the league for decreasing sales of his products (he was one of their biggest sponsors at the time), to saying some problematic things during board meetings--including dropping the N-bomb, during one of them. When news broke about it, he stepped down as chairman.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesdigitalcovers/2018/07/19/the-inside-story-of-papa-johns-toxic-culture/amp/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2018/07/11/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-allegedly-used-n-word-on-conference-call/#51d34d4cfc41

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

He exemplified having more money than brains. Got it!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Pizza hut is better.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JustPlainLucas

@warmblur said:

Pizza hut is better.

Ehhh..... I've always enjoyed Papa John's versus Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut's always too greasy.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#14 brimmul777  Online
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: I like the taste of Pizza Huts food better, but gotten sick a couple of times eating there pizza. Probably just the restaurant that I am going to??? It was when I used to live out of town from where I live now.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: Surprised their were consequences? Really ? In this day and age where people dig up 10 year old tweets to ruin you?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JustPlainLucas

@brimmul777 said:

@JustPlainLucas: I like the taste of Pizza Huts food better, but gotten sick a couple of times eating there pizza. Probably just the restaurant that I am going to??? It was when I used to live out of town from where I live now.

Yeah, I suppose it's one of those things that differs in quality depending on what area you're in.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

All these people worrying and supporting him are pathetic. Guy was forced into early retirement, that's about as bad as it got, and received millions. You're all just fretting over his hurt pride and frankly that is a waste of time.

The only thing worse than this whole ordeal is that fact there was an ordeal at all. The guy said something, who cares.

Guy is also a liar, sells people the American Dream like it's as easy as simply putting time and effort into something and you can be a millionaire, and that's a load of shit. "Oh yeah all I did was started selling pizza at my dad's bar and next thing you know I'm a millionaire blah blah blah".

@ProtossRushX said:

... the guy seems like a decent down to earth guy and its a mess what happened to him...

No. Dude, just no.

First off, he lives in a castle. A CASTLE! Except it's not an actual castle like you see in Europe, it's some McCastle kitsch'y thing like you'd expect some nouveau-riche jackass would buy.

Plus it has an underground parking lot where he stores all his super rare and expensive cars.

So no. He is not a decent, down to earth guy. He is a rich 0.01% that doesn't care 0.0000000001% as much about you as you do about him.

*Oh and he has his hands insured for $15 million. Reeeeeeeeeeeally down to earth, that.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrbojangles25
@r-gamer said:

@HoolaHoopMan: Surprised their were consequences? Really ? In this day and age where people dig up 10 year old tweets to ruin you?

I agree with your overall message, but John Schnatter sounds like a really terrible person, a really terrible boss. It sounds like it'd be like working for Richard Nixon or something. Paranoid, power tripping, mercurial, perverted, and generally angry.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

@hallenbeck77: Papa John's Pizza has really good tasty bread sticks I like for the most part. Their Pizzas are a take it or leave it, but I mainly go for the bread sticks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

@davillain- said:

@hallenbeck77: Papa John's Pizza has really good tasty bread sticks I like for the most part. Their Pizzas are a take it or leave it, but I mainly go for the bread sticks.

and the butter sauce. Probably their one redeeming quality imo.

Their pizzas are like if a frozen pizza factory just gave you a pizza off the line before it was frozen, like a fresh "frozen" pizza. They always seem so dry.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HoolaHoopMan

@r-gamer said:

What does that have to do with this particular guy? People didn't dig up stuff on him, the guy just opened his big fat mouth on a conference call and made it worse from there.

You both sound like some cry babies.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R-Gamer

@HoolaHoopMan: lol don't call anyone a crybaby, leftie. You spend half your life bitching about how things aren't fair and the other half demanding people are punished for doing things that offend you.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@warmblur said:

Pizza hut is better.

Ehhh..... I've always enjoyed Papa John's versus Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut's always too greasy.

In terms of pizza, I prefer Papa Johns as well.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By R-Gamer

@HoolaHoopMan: lol I didn't cry just called out your dumb ass observation. You think he was surprised their were consequences? I didn't even pitty him wtf are you talking about? Jesus christ you lefties are delusional.

"Buh buh he said the N word... make sure we ruin him for the rest of his life because that word hurts my feelings.." lol I'm sorry but you are a triggered baby. I always thought it was hillarious that a single word could steal someone's soul. How pathetic do you have to be to let a word hold that much power over you. It's sad really.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@r-gamer said:

@HoolaHoopMan: I didn't even pitty him wtf are you talking about?

So you're just another mouth breather with nothing to add to the actual topic at hand then.

For someone who 'doesn't care' you sure get riled up pretty easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I actually used to dislike Papa John's pizza, the sauce always tasted weirdly sweet to me. Hadn't eaten it in many, many years, until last year. And it actually seems pretty decent to me now. I think it might have something to do with getting the pizza at a different location.

I like that they offer by-the-slice pizza also. Most of the other chains don't. Tuesdays are great since you can get cheap slices.

I think between Little Caesar's, Domino's and Papa John's they all have something going for them. Domino's probably makes pizzas the fastest, and Caesar's has the cheapest large pepperoni pizzas. Pizza Hut, ironically, has some decent non-pizza stuff like their pastas and breadsticks.

Everyone around here would declare blasphemy and point to all of the local NY-style pizza shops we've got around. I don't care though, I like chains lol.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Ovirew said:

I actually used to dislike Papa John's pizza, the sauce always tasted weirdly sweet to me. Hadn't eaten it in many, many years, until last year. And it actually seems pretty decent to me now. I think it might have something to do with getting the pizza at a different location.

I like that they offer by-the-slice pizza also. Most of the other chains don't. Tuesdays are great since you can get cheap slices.

I think between Little Caesar's, Domino's and Papa John's they all have something going for them. Domino's probably makes pizzas the fastest, and Caesar's has the cheapest large pepperoni pizzas. Pizza Hut, ironically, has some decent non-pizza stuff like their pastas and breadsticks.

Everyone around here would declare blasphemy and point to all of the local NY-style pizza shops we've got around. I don't care though, I like chains lol.

Little Ceasar's was always one of my favorites. Pizza Hut and Dominoes are in the bottom tier with the likes of McDonalds and Burger King in as much as I never touch the stuff. Back in my poor young man there was an LC in a strip mall a few blocks from my apartment. I used to walk over and play a "Simon"-like memory game they had for a quarter. If you scored high enough, you got a free medium pizza (limit one per week) or a cheesy bread for the next highest tier score which you could win as often as daily. I got a lot of free food from that place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@Byshop: I remember the Simon game at LC! I also remember when they had some toys for kids, like a cube you could fold several times to show different pictures of the Caesar people.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I watched this whole thing a few days ago. Honestly, Papa comes off as a dope. This interview was very underwhelming and he is not very articulate or interesting at all. I wasn't hoping for much- but he presents himself like a dumbass from the Southern US. (More or less what we all thought he was)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

@davillain-: You like his pizza?! You must a cast iron stomach.

BTW...Is it just me, or does he look like the garlic sauce that comes with the food is seeping out his pores?

I tried his pizza a couple times at work. Tasted like greasy cardboard. One of the other times they had it, I brought in left over Little Caesars.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JustPlainLucas

@Byshop said:
@Ovirew said:

Little Ceasar's was always one of my favorites. Pizza Hut and Dominoes are in the bottom tier with the likes of McDonalds and Burger King in as much as I never touch the stuff. Back in my poor young man there was an LC in a strip mall a few blocks from my apartment. I used to walk over and play a "Simon"-like memory game they had for a quarter. If you scored high enough, you got a free medium pizza (limit one per week) or a cheesy bread for the next highest tier score which you could win as often as daily. I got a lot of free food from that place.

I remember that game! Do you also remember the white chocolate/dark chocolate cannolis they used to have?