Paedophile to be beheaded and crucified

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]we have to take solid testimony as fact unless there's a suspiscion that it's not...BiancaDK

see, can´t work with that. ^

your line of reasoning is flawed (as in, simplistic to the point of fiction), and as of result, i don´t even know where to begin.

so taking evidence in general as fact unless there is something that disproves it is flawed thought?....interesting...
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Where did it say that they arrested the man based purely on the words of the 7 year old? All it says is the kid helped identify the culprit. Surely the investigators there did their own research/investigation after that?

And the three year old infant was definitely found near death in the desert, thats pretty solid evidence.

postbodetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 postbodetje
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

He should be left out in the dessert.

Flamecommando
with a pineapple
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

He should be left out in the dessert.

postbodetje
with a pineapple

Or at the very least, put into custardy.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
barbarians.BiancaDK
I know, isn't it great? :o
Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts
So they first will cut his head then they will cruxif him? And is it that simple? the kid says hes the culprit and thats it? what if hes not?
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#57 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

so taking evidence in general as fact unless there is something that disproves it is flawed thought?....interesting...Omni-Slash

I´m not a big fan of discussing with people. I choose to dialogue.

When you´re opento that, then we might get somewhere.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
[QUOTE="GrandJury"]Why do all the good debates happen when I am sleepy lol. I understand that, but look at the other side of the coin. What if pedos get away because we just start throwing away the victums words.Engrish_Major
The child was not a victim of a sex crime. At least in my country, I do not have to worry about being beheaded if I stop to pick up someone on their way home from school. (not that I would, but that's beside the point).

He would have been a victim if he did not escape. I am not saying don't do a proper investigation but the words of a child should not just be totally thrown out unless the kid keeps changing his/her story.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GrandJury

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]so taking evidence in general as fact unless there is something that disproves it is flawed thought?....interesting...BiancaDK

What? I am not getting what you are saying? Maybe it is the sleepyness getting to me.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Omni-Slash

BiancaDK

see now you're getting snippy for no good reason... I just asked a question :?...you're claiming that my ideas are not valid....I'm saying the way any trial works is that evidence is presented in support of the prosecution....the defense attempts to find flaws with that evidence......your claims that this is a flawed process is what I'm trying to wrap my head around....there's no need to get upset by this....

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]we have to take solid testimony as fact unless there's a suspiscion that it's not...Omni-Slash

see, can´t work with that. ^

your line of reasoning is flawed (as in, simplistic to the point of fiction), and as of result, i don´t even know where to begin.

so taking evidence in general as fact unless there is something that disproves it is flawed thought?....interesting...

I thought testimony could never be taken as real fact until after a cross examination and even so it can never be proven as fact, only as an opinion of the events that happened.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jimmyjammer69
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="BiancaDK"]

see now you're getting smippy for no good reason... I just asked a question :?...you're claiming that my ideas are not valid....I'm saying the way any trial works is that evidence is presented in support of the prosecution....the defense attempts to find flaws with that evidence......your claims that this is a flawed process is what I'm trying to wrap my head around....there's no need to get upset yb this....

Yeah, I think I'm with you on this one. I'd say the testimony of a child is usually going to be more transparent than the testimony of an adult. Kids make crap liars.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Omni-Slash
I thought testimony could never be taken as real fact until after a cross examination and even so it can never be proven as fact, only as an opinion of the events that happened.kulmiye
of course.....but the trial took place and is over and the evidence was taken....we are all Monday morning quarterbacking this.......the assumption that this kid's testimony should have been tossed because it was a kid's testimony is what I don;t get....
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BiancaDK
Maybe it is the sleepyness getting to me.GrandJury
Definitely a possibility i would take into account if i were you.
see now you're getting smippy for no good reason... I just asked a question :?...Omni-Slash
I am now a firm believer that you do not read your own comments.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Omni-Slash
I am now a firm believer that you do not read your own comments.BiancaDK
I am now a firm believer that you don't want to have a dialogue with anyone and you just want people to agree with you because you post.....bummer
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kulmiye
of course.....but the trial took place and is over and the evidence was taken....we are all Monday morning quarterbacking this.......the assumption that this kid's testimony should have been tossed because it was a kid's testimony is what I don;t get....Omni-Slash
You do realise that this one kid is the sole reason this man is dieing in such a 'barbaric' way. Unless there was other evidence it will be tough to justify this. You have to look at this from a rational perspective.
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Zerocrossings

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]of course.....but the trial took place and is over and the evidence was taken....we are all Monday morning quarterbacking this.......the assumption that this kid's testimony should have been tossed because it was a kid's testimony is what I don;t get....kulmiye
You do realise that this one kid is the sole reason this man is dieing in such a 'barbaric' way. Unless there was other evidence it will be tough to justify this. You have to look at this from a rational perspective.

Where in the article did it say the kid is the sole reason for his arrest? The kid only helped identify him.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GrandJury
[QUOTE="GrandJury"]Maybe it is the sleepyness getting to me.BiancaDK
Definitely a possibility i would take into account if i were you.
see now you're getting smippy for no good reason... I just asked a question :?...Omni-Slash
I am now a firm believer that you do not read your own comments.

Why in the world does it sound like you are threatening me? We are just all trying to have a debate over this issue.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Omni-Slash
You do realise that this one kid is the sole reason this man is dieing in such a 'barbaric' way. Unless there was other evidence it will be tough to justify this. You have to look at this from a rational perspective.kulmiye
now you are jsut discounting him as evidence because of his age...that's not rational...there's a process....if during the court proceedings his testimony was taken in...considered and not disproved who are we to say well it's not enough?...it was enough for the process..and the process did not find his testimony to be false.....
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GrandJury
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]of course.....but the trial took place and is over and the evidence was taken....we are all Monday morning quarterbacking this.......the assumption that this kid's testimony should have been tossed because it was a kid's testimony is what I don;t get....kulmiye

Well did they prove that he did NOT do it?
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jimmyjammer69
[QUOTE="kulmiye"]You do realise that this one kid is the sole reason this man is dieing in such a 'barbaric' way. Unless there was other evidence it will be tough to justify this. You have to look at this from a rational perspective.Omni-Slash
now you are jsut discounting him as evidence because of his age...that's not rational...there's a process....if during the court proceedings his testimony was taken in...considered and not disproved who are we to say well it's not enough?...it was enough for the process..and the process did not find his testimony to be false.....

I think that's the key. We can sit here and say, "Oh, you can't be certain he's guilty," because a child helped to identify him, but we know nothing about the trial itself, and we've got no reason to doubt the court's decision.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BiancaDK
Why in the world does it sound like you are threatening me?GrandJury
I have no idea.
We are just all trying to have a debate over this issue.GrandJury
Am i obstructing some kind of process here?
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="GrandJury"]Why in the world does it sound like you are threatening me?BiancaDK
I have no idea.
We are just all trying to have a debate over this issue.GrandJury
Am i obstructing some kind of process here?

Bianca...seriously...are you okay?...you don't sound like your normal self today....
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Ugh, that's a really disgusting crime. He absolutely deserves it.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GrandJury
Yeah you kinda are. You come in here, people post there opinions, I guess they are not good enough so you just pretty much blow them off. Anyway. No matter what we say the man is still going to get what is coming to him. I will have a change of heart and egg on my face if a new article comes out showing that he did not do it.
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kulmiye
Where in the article did it say the kid is the sole reason for his arrest? The kid only helped identify him.Zerocrossings
Where in the article did it say other evidence pointed towards his conviction?
now you are jsut discounting him as evidence because of his age...that's not rational...there's a process....if during the court proceedings his testimony was taken in...considered and not disproved who are we to say well it's not enough?...it was enough for the process..and the process did not find his testimony to be false.....Omni-Slash
Who says I'm discounting his testimony. All I'm saying is that a single testimony isn't enough to take away a man's life. I'm sure if he was at a school there would be others who could see a strange man 'luring' in kids into his car.
Well did they prove that he did NOT do it?GrandJury
Nope but is that enough for you?
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Omni-Slash
Who says I'm discounting his testimony. All I'm saying is that a single testimony isn't enough to take away a man's life. I'm sure if he was at a school there would be others who could see a strange man 'luring' in kids into his car. kulmiye
in our Justice system you're right it's not...but this is not our justice system.....and we don't know of any other evidence..this is an article..who knows if there was otehr evidence...and if there was was it ignored by the writer?....
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kulmiye
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"] I think that's the key. We can sit here and say, "Oh, you can't be certain he's guilty," because a child helped to identify him, but we know nothing about the trial itself, and we've got no reason to doubt the court's decision.

A court that allow 12/13th century style execution in a modern day society.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jimmyjammer69
[QUOTE="Zerocrossings"]Where in the article did it say the kid is the sole reason for his arrest? The kid only helped identify him.kulmiye

It doesn't, but wouldn't it be a little judgemental to assume that there was no other evidence at all? I mean, say what you like about Saudi Arabia, but I can't think of a reason to believe this particular trial was any less just than any trial in America.
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zerocrossings

Zerocrossings wrote:Where in the article did it say the kid is the sole reason for his arrest? The kid only helped identify him.

kulmiye

He was found guilty by the court. Is that not enough?

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kulmiye
[QUOTE="kulmiye"]Who says I'm discounting his testimony. All I'm saying is that a single testimony isn't enough to take away a man's life. I'm sure if he was at a school there would be others who could see a strange man 'luring' in kids into his car. Omni-Slash
in our Justice system you're right it's not...but this is not our justice system.....and we don't know of any other evidence..this is an article..who knows if there was otehr evidence...and if there was was it ignored by the writer?....

I'm just amazed at how quick people are to assume that he deserves it.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jimmyjammer69
[QUOTE="kulmiye"][QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"] I think that's the key. We can sit here and say, "Oh, you can't be certain he's guilty," because a child helped to identify him, but we know nothing about the trial itself, and we've got no reason to doubt the court's decision.

A court that allow 12/13th century style execution in a modern day society.

To be fair, death by electrocution hardly seems reasonable and humane, even in comparison to this, but does that make the American justice system a joke?
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I feel no sympathy at all. Serves him right.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GrandJury
They made the choice not us. Just thank god that our justice system may be alittle more maticulous when it comes to solving a crime and proving whether someone is guilty or not.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Can't say I agree with this.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GrandJury

Can't say I agree with this.

Pixel-Pirate
Well here you can take my spot in the debate. I am going to bed. See yall later.
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kulmiye
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"] It doesn't, but wouldn't it be a little judgemental to assume that there was no other evidence at all? I mean, say what you like about Saudi Arabia, but I can't think of a reason to believe this particular trial was any less just than any trial in America.

Of course but consider a country that has practically no division between religion and politics and often how religious fanatics resort to horrible acts of terrorism so that their voices can heard makes you wonder whether the courts was truly fair. Not that I have anything against religion.
He was found guilty by the court. Is that not enough?Zerocrossings
Yeah to you but personally I have the right to second guess the court decision even if it will never be heard.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Omni-Slash
I'm just amazed at how quick people are to assume that he deserves it.kulmiye
but truth be told....by the judicial system he is in...he does deserve it....
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I hope they got the right guy...
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kulmiye
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"] To be fair, death by electrocution hardly seems reasonable and humane, even in comparison to this, but does that make the American justice system a joke?

At least it's not in public and there are alternatives such as a quick instant death by certain chemicals. Also the death penalty isn't readily handed out like in Suadi Arabia. Finally the American justice system is no joke, though your politics is, but death is something that should never be resort to unless in extreme circumstances.
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Zerocrossings

[QUOTE="Zerocrossings"]He was found guilty by the court. Is that not enough?kulmiye
Yeah to you but personally I have the right to second guess the court decision even if it will never be heard.

Just curious, what are your doubts based on? Because its Saudi Arabia?

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kulmiye
but truth be told....by the judicial system he is in...he does deserve it....Omni-Slash
Whether he deserve it or not is your opinion but I'm sure in their judicial system they believe that God will punish such a man, eternally, in the afterlife.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jimmyjammer69
[QUOTE="kulmiye"][QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"] It doesn't, but wouldn't it be a little judgemental to assume that there was no other evidence at all? I mean, say what you like about Saudi Arabia, but I can't think of a reason to believe this particular trial was any less just than any trial in America.

Of course but consider a country that has practically no division between religion and politics and often how religious fanatics resort to horrible acts of terrorism so that their voices can heard makes you wonder whether the courts was truly fair. Not that I have anything against religion.

I totally agree with everyone who thinks the sentence is obscene, but despite my views on the consensus on morality and punishment in Saudi Arabia, I can't see a connection to why the court would require a lesser standard of proof in such a serious case as this one.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
*Slow clap*
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 jimmyjammer69
[QUOTE="kulmiye"][QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"] To be fair, death by electrocution hardly seems reasonable and humane, even in comparison to this, but does that make the American justice system a joke?

At least it's not in public and there are alternatives such as a quick instant death by certain chemicals. Also the death penalty isn't readily handed out like in Suadi Arabia. Finally the American justice system is no joke, though your politics is, but death is something that should never be resort to unless in extreme circumstances.

"Saudi Arabia has executed 56 people this year under laws that allow the death penalty for rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking." I don't know if that number really is so far off the number in America.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]but truth be told....by the judicial system he is in...he does deserve it....kulmiye
Whether he deserve it or not is your opinion but I'm sure in their judicial system they believe that God will punish such a man, eternally, in the afterlife.

no...it's not my opion...my opinion on this doesn't matter....it's the opinion of the court as to which he deservedness is attached....I agree that if this man did this de deserves this and more....but again..the court decides if he desserves the sentence....not me...
Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts
I just dont get how some people can be pedophilies. How they get attracted by small kids? it doesnt even makes sense.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I don't have a problem with this.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="CaptainSchwamm"] I'm going to use the old cliche of "an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". Justice systems shouldn't be about seeking personal revenge. Sure, killing him might offer some relief to the families, but after that, what does it actually achieve?

one less predator on the streets and using our resources?