O.T. on abortion..........

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
I am against abortions on a personal level, but I am all for them being allowed
PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

The only one who should have a say on what to do with it is the woman carrying it. EDIT: If she wants to have the kid and he wants to leave, let him. He'll just have to pay child support. There's no reason why he should have to stay in the relationship if he doesn't love her.krazykillaz

i just cant seem to take you seriously.... i think its the hippo.... hehe

Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts

[QUOTE="ItalStallion777"]i only believe abortion is ok if the mother is in danger or if the woman was raped.quiglythegreat
But do you feel so strongly about that that you want it legislated, enforced by men with pepper-spray and firearms? I may think that lying is usually wrong, or that breaking a person's heart is wrong, but would I ever want a law saying that people couldn't do either? No, of course not.

i honestly can't say at this point. you make a good point though.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Pro-Choice. If you are considering abortion in the first place, it'd be better for the child not to have lived at all unless you can guarentee him/her a life worth living. You pro-life guys act like life is amazing and your denying a child of it. That's not true at at all. Life is hell and sometimes it'd be better not to have that future baby born at all.
Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts

Pro-Choice. If you are considering abortion in the first place, it'd be better for the child not to have lived at all unless you can guarentee him/her a life worth living. You pro-life guys act like life is amazing and your denying a child of it. That's not true at at all. Life is hell and sometimes it'd be better not to have that future baby born at all. GodLovesDead

SO its better to die then live an average life. :?

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PeterPerson

Pro-Choice. If you are considering abortion in the first place, it'd be better for the child not to have lived at all unless you can guarentee him/her a life worth living. You pro-life guys act like life is amazing and your denying a child of it. That's not true at at all. Life is hell and sometimes it'd be better not to have that future baby born at all. GodLovesDead

ew.... talk about pessimist

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
That's a terrible argument. Life is beautiful, but beauty is relative. A good example is how some people manage to believe that South Park is not the best show ever. Now, as far as that's concerned, women should be getting impregnated as much as possible so as to give birth to more souls to experience the joy of the intelligent vulgarity and often scathing insight South Park offers. The "life sucks anway, so you should kill them" is just a bad argument. Life doesn't suck, life rules, unless you're depressed. Get help. ANYWAY, also saying that a moment's hesitation means that you should automatically go all in is kind of saying that pretty much all our mothers' should've just gotten rid of us. Pregnancy is a scary thing. It's usually not something you're calm about, even if you're trying to precipitate it. That has nothing to do with how well the mother will raise her child.
krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts

[QUOTE="krazykillaz"]The only one who should have a say on what to do with it is the woman carrying it.Oleg_Huzwog

What about the father?

He's not the one who carries it for 9 months.
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
See the biggest thing that makes me not care is alot of the mothers getting abortions are pretty set on not having a baby. If we sit here and go "No, you don't have a choice and you must give birth" we are going to get alot more cases of people hurting themselves or going to extreme measures to not have one. Smoke89
And that's when I start my multimillion dollar bussiness; Coat-Hangers R Us.
PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PeterPerson

[QUOTE="Smoke89"]See the biggest thing that makes me not care is alot of the mothers getting abortions are pretty set on not having a baby. If we sit here and go "No, you don't have a choice and you must give birth" we are going to get alot more cases of people hurting themselves or going to extreme measures to not have one. Erasorn

thats inappropriate and offensive.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 quiglythegreat

[QUOTE="Erasorn"][QUOTE="Smoke89"]See the biggest thing that makes me not care is alot of the mothers getting abortions are pretty set on not having a baby. If we sit here and go "No, you don't have a choice and you must give birth" we are going to get alot more cases of people hurting themselves or going to extreme measures to not have one. PeterPerson

I wouldn't go so far as to call it inappropriate (made me chuckle), though it clearly offends you.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Well I'm adopted, so there is no way I could ever support abortion. I mean if my birth mother supported abortion, I probably wouldn't be here today, so I'm thankful everyday that she gave me my right to live my life.

Pro-life all the way for me.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="krazykillaz"]The only one who should have a say on what to do with it is the woman carrying it.krazykillaz

What about the father?

Why should that matter? It's his offspring, too. What if a father wants the child and is willing to assume full responsibility in raising it?

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PeterPerson
[QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

[QUOTE="Erasorn"][QUOTE="Smoke89"]See the biggest thing that makes me not care is alot of the mothers getting abortions are pretty set on not having a baby. If we sit here and go "No, you don't have a choice and you must give birth" we are going to get alot more cases of people hurting themselves or going to extreme measures to not have one. quiglythegreat

I wouldn't go so far as to call it inappropriate (made me chuckle), though it clearly offends you.

it doesnt really offend me. i just thought id let him know that that could be potentially offensive to someone. just trying to be nice...

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
[QUOTE="krazykillaz"][QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="krazykillaz"]The only one who should have a say on what to do with it is the woman carrying it.Oleg_Huzwog

What about the father?

Why should that matter? It's his offspring, too. What if a father wants the child and is willing to assume full responsibility in raising it?

Then he better hope the woman is willing to carry it. It's not his body. He can't force her to keep it if she doesn't want it.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GodLovesDead

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Pro-Choice. If you are considering abortion in the first place, it'd be better for the child not to have lived at all unless you can guarentee him/her a life worth living. You pro-life guys act like life is amazing and your denying a child of it. That's not true at at all. Life is hell and sometimes it'd be better not to have that future baby born at all. quiglythegreat
That's a terrible argument. Life is beautiful, but beauty is relative. A good example is how some people manage to believe that South Park is not the best show ever. Now, as far as that's concerned, women should be getting impregnated as much as possible so as to give birth to more souls to experience the joy of the intelligent vulgarity and often scathing insight South Park offers. The "life sucks anway, so you should kill them" is just a bad argument. Life doesn't suck, life rules, unless you're depressed. Get help. ANYWAY, also saying that a moment's hesitation means that you should automatically go all in is kind of saying that pretty much all our mothers' should've just gotten rid of us. Pregnancy is a scary thing. It's usually not something you're calm about, even if you're trying to precipitate it. That has nothing to do with how well the mother will raise her child.

If you're seriously considering abortion, you're not ready to raise your child. End of story. Killing a pre-fetus is like wearing a condom. Except it's at a much later stage. There's nothing pessimistic or sadistic about my argument, and if you think so - you haven't bothered to understand it.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Then he better hope the woman is willing to carry it. It's not his body. He can't force her to keep it if she doesn't want it.krazykillaz

Ah, but the entire pro-life movement is built around the belief that it's not HER body either, it's a third body that just happens to reside within her's.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 quiglythegreat

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Pro-Choice. If you are considering abortion in the first place, it'd be better for the child not to have lived at all unless you can guarentee him/her a life worth living. You pro-life guys act like life is amazing and your denying a child of it. That's not true at at all. Life is hell and sometimes it'd be better not to have that future baby born at all. GodLovesDead

If you're seriously considering abortion, you're not ready to raise your child. End of story. Killing a pre-fetus is like wearing a condom. Except it's at a much later stage. There's nothing pessimistic or sadistic about my argument, and if you think so - you haven't bothered to understand it.

I understand your argument. One moment of doubt does not mean for a lifetime of bad parenting or that a potential life should be extinguished.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#69 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I support abortions, if you don't want the baby. Then kill it, it shouldn't have really any emotional attachment. I mean it was never born to begin with, so it's like your killing something that was never there.
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mythbuster4ever

GodLovesDead

The killing part is. Whats wrong with adoption. My friend is adopted.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Pro-Choice. If you are considering abortion in the first place, it'd be better for the child not to have lived at all unless you can guarentee him/her a life worth living. You pro-life guys act like life is amazing and your denying a child of it. That's not true at at all. Life is hell and sometimes it'd be better not to have that future baby born at all. quiglythegreat

I understand your argument. One moment of doubt does not mean for a lifetime of bad parenting or that a potential life should be extinguished.

Potential life is endless. Do I even need to bring up the recent story of a baby found in a dumpster?

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

Mythbuster4ever

By masturbating you are killing sperm. So I guess that's wrong too?

Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
I'm pro-life. That one child can grow up to be a brilliant person who may find cures for diseases or something else. It may be a slim chance, but there's still a chance.
ninjacat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 ninjacat11
Member since 2004 • 5008 Posts

if your aloud to kill a babie while its still inside you then what would be the difference of killing it when its born. you guys are saying "the mom can do what she wants with her child" well then what would be wrong with your mom deciding to kill you today?PeterPerson

Because most abortions are performed when the embryo is still a clump of cells.

ninjacat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 ninjacat11
Member since 2004 • 5008 Posts

I could care less if someone gets an abortion... I think it should be up to those involved, not us. But then why not just take abortion babies and use them for stem cell research... it was going to be killed anyways, might as well make it useful.Smoke89

That could be a good solution.

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Pro-Choice. If you are considering abortion in the first place, it'd be better for the child not to have lived at all unless you can guarentee him/her a life worth living. You pro-life guys act like life is amazing and your denying a child of it. That's not true at at all. Life is hell and sometimes it'd be better not to have that future baby born at all. GodLovesDead

Well if you're not ready to raise a child then maybe that person should have thought of the consequences before having sex. Also if you're not ready, you could give the baby up for adoption because there are tons of people that want kids that can't have them.

But here is what I find weird about the whole situation. Say if a woman is pregnant, and some guy comes up and shoots her, and her baby dies. That dude would be put on trial for first degree murder. Now why is it not considered murder when a pregnant woman decides to have an abortion?
notconspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 notconspiracy
Member since 2007 • 2225 Posts
abortion is wrong. its murder. its in the bible.PeterPerson
i THINK you should be trying to make secular arguments against abortion
Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts

[QUOTE="Smoke89"]I could care less if someone gets an abortion... I think it should be up to those involved, not us. But then why not just take abortion babies and use them for stem cell research... it was going to be killed anyways, might as well make it useful.ninjacat11

That could be a good solution.

The only problem I see with that is that some can argue that fetuses are life. If so, where does one draw the line? Should we experiment on the mentally handicapped since they will die anyways and serve no purpose to society? It's a pretty grey area and it needs to be discussed (referring to embryonic stem cell research).

Note: I don't mean to be offensive. One of my relatives is mentally handicapped.

ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ItalStallion777

ok then, if the mother is not ready for a child then why not give the child up for adoption? very viable option and no life will be lost.

and no, semen and a fertilyzed embryo is not the same thing. where i come from that fertilyzed egg develops into a child whereas semen does nothing on it's own.

i believe this all comes down to birth control. there will be very few unwanted pregnacies if the mother (or father) takes the necessary procedures to prevent it. why punish a living thing when it's the parents fault? you have to take responsibility for your actions and do what's right.

Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Mythbuster4ever
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

Mythbuster4ever

By masturbating you are killing sperm. So I guess that's wrong too?

Its like making a cake. Its coll to throw eggs at the wall, because they have not been combined with flour. But when you throw away cake batter you throw away goodness

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts

Abortion is wrong, except in the cases which a mother's life is in danger, rape, or incest. Otherwise it is just a convenience issue. Don't want a baby? Don't have sex. it's that simple. I dont understand why people have a hard time figuring out when life begins. it's simple. once the embryo consumes energy to grow, it is living.

being adopted, i find it extremely unsettling that someone would have had the right to tell me i dont have the right to live. my birth parents considered abortion. im glad they chose otherwise but they have no right to say i die.

as for the "its her body" bullcrap, no not really. its two bodies. and you are responsible for the life you spread your legs to create. just give the kid up for adoption, there are plenty of people wanting a child who cant make their own. dont be so selfish. tee hee omg i wont get ta go partay n e more :( :( .....just DIAF.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

I wouldn't do it but I'd never tell somebody what to do with their body/life either.D9-THC

me neither.

Lazorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Lazorz
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

I'm pro-life. That one child can grow up to be a brilliant person who may find cures for diseases or something else. It may be a slim chance, but there's still a chance.the_foreign_guy

Or on the other hand, you could end up with another Mussolini.

I'm pro-choice, but against abortion.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 OneWingedAngeI

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]I wouldn't do it but I'd never tell somebody what to do with their body/life either.chrisrooR

me neither.

its not just their life.
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ItalStallion777

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]I wouldn't do it but I'd never tell somebody what to do with their body/life either.chrisrooR

me neither.

and here i thought all this time that it was a living thing inside her body connected to her by a small tube.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 OneWingedAngeI
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]I wouldn't do it but I'd never tell somebody what to do with their body/life either.ItalStallion777

me neither.

and here i thought all this time that it was a living thing inside her body connected to her by a small tube.

apparantly most people liken a fetus to an ipod, its in her pocket? maybe thats the logic :roll:
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#86 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts
Pro Choice. It's the woman's child, they should have the right to choose.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I'm Pro-Choice.
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ItalStallion777

Pro Choice. It's the woman's child, they should have the right to choose.JumpingMirrior

what about when it's born? it's still her child then. does that mean a mother can do whatever she want to her child just because it's hers? you make it sound like a child is property.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

Potential life is endless. Do I even need to bring up the recent story of a baby found in a dumpster?

You just changed your argument. It was 'life sucks, so don't create more of it'.
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
I will never support it except for in a few instances involving certain people. In these cases, it would be purely because they are horrible enough people that the last thing the world needs is a sucessor. Ideally, I would be the judge over all cases. 8)
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
It's not his choice, it's her choice. Sheesh.
Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
i honestly dont care, but i think the woman has the right to choose.
notconspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 notconspiracy
Member since 2007 • 2225 Posts

me neither.

good. so you should be against abortion
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts

i think abortion should only be done under certain conditions(ex. failed protection/birth control, rape,mother's life is in danger). i also believe the decision should only be made the mother.

I also have a question related to the Bible. The Bible mentions several times that life is in the blood. (you can find this in the passages of Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:11 and 17:14, and Deuteronomy 12:23 all of the KJV). My question is, since the Bible says that life is in the blood and how there isn't a heartbeat or blood until around the third week of pregnancy, doesn't that mean that life does not begin at conception and that it is allowed in the bible to have an abortion within the first three weeks?

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Pro-womens choice. Your friend is still a dirtbag.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts

Pro-choice. If it's not my problem, don't drag me into it.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]I wouldn't do it but I'd never tell somebody what to do with their body/life either.ItalStallion777

me neither.

every cell on your body is living and then dies. A fetus starts off as a cell and proceeds to grow. Every time you scratch your nose you have thousands of tiny abortions ;)

ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ItalStallion777
[QUOTE="ItalStallion777"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

me neither.

every cell on your body is living and then dies. A fetus starts off as a cell and proceeds to grow. Every time you scratch your nose you have thousands of tiny abortions ;)

skin cells create babies? :shock:

if you can prove my nose will turn into a baby i'll stop scratching it.