• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Got to thinking about games discussions that sometimes go on in various threads here. Now threads about games are not allowed here but that doesn't really disallow some games talk to just occur in threads. Would you welcome a games thread sticky for OT?

I think one of the main reasons why people would want that is that they want to discuss games with OT people and not really in the other places here at gamespot. Plus set up multiplayer sessions with people they talk to on a regular basis.

OT is pretty dead so might as well just do stuff. Not to turn the tide, but just because we have nothing to really lose or care about if we do. Granted we do have places here at gs to talk games but this would be more of just a causal OT member centered thing, which I think some still want

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

You're a genius, Dave.

I had the same idea a few months ago but was too lazy to do anything after the various club threads failed. Would love an OT Dota 2 game night. :>

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

We need an OT CSS server.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

You're a genius, Dave.

I had the same idea a few months ago but was too lazy to do anything after the various club threads failed. Would love an OT Dota 2 game night. :>

You spelled LoL wrong ;)

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I care about what people have to say about games on system wars way more than OT. No harm in having it I guess though.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I think it's a good idea. For all the reasons Dave mentioned.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@cain006 said:

I care about what people have to say about games on system wars way more than OT. No harm in having it I guess though.

This is quite possibly the most absurd thing that could have been said. Do you know how ridiculous you sound? When SW matures beyond calling people "cows, lemmings, and hermits" then maybe it will be a worthy place to discuss video games.

I like Dave's idea, by the way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

You're a genius, Dave.

You spelled LoL wrong ;)

ewwwwwww

LoL is so bad m8

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deeliman

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

You're a genius, Dave.

You spelled LoL wrong ;)

ewwwwwww

LoL is so bad m8

I guess Dota is better if you like playing with russians who don't speak english

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cain006

@airshocker said:

@cain006 said:

This is quite possibly the most absurd thing that could have been said. Do you know how ridiculous you sound? When SW matures beyond calling people "cows, lemmings, and hermits" then maybe it will be a worthy place to discuss video games.

Say what you will about SW but there are a lot of people that frequent it that are extremely knowledgeable about games. People like Lucianu, charizard, Matt, lostrib, foxhound, darklink, etc. SW also probably gets like 5-10 times the posts of OT now.

And the stuff that OTers complain about on system wars are basically just running gags - hardly anyone takes the metagame seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cain006 said:

@airshocker said:

@cain006 said:

Say what you will about SW but there are a lot of people that frequent it that are extremely knowledgeable about games. People like Lucianu, charizard, Matt, lostrib, foxhound etc. SW also probably gets like 5-10 times the posts of OT now.

And the stuff that OTers complain about on system wars are basically just running gags - hardly anyone takes the metagame seriously.

Riiiight. System Wars is great for a laugh, that's about it. Much like OT, the quality conversation is essentially gone. Now it's fanboy wars. And you're right. No one takes SW seriously. Which is why I can always count on it to A) make me laugh my ass off or B) kill some of my IQ points.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@dave123321 said:

Got to thinking about games discussions that sometimes go on in various threads here. Now threads about games are not allowed here but that doesn't really disallow some games talk to just occur in threads. Would you welcome a games thread sticky for OT?

I think one of the main reasons why people would want that is that they want to discuss games with OT people and not really in the other places here at gamespot. Plus set up multiplayer sessions with people they talk to on a regular basis.

OT is pretty dead so might as well just do stuff. Not to turn the tide, but just because we have nothing to really lose or care about if we do. Granted we do have places here at gs to talk games but this would be more of just a causal OT member centered thing, which I think some still want

I bolded what I agree with.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

You're a genius, Dave.

You spelled LoL wrong ;)

ewwwwwww

LoL is so bad m8

I guess Dota is better if you like playing with russians who don't speak english

You really wanna go that way? LoL's community is notoriously bad and even though Dota's isn't perfect it's miles better than before.

LoL is only better if you enjoy babies crying and throwing the game because they didn't get the lane they want. That stuff is way more annoying than Russians and Brazilians.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@cain006 said:

@airshocker said:

Say what you will about SW but there are a lot of people that frequent it that are extremely knowledgeable about games. People like Lucianu, charizard, Matt, lostrib, foxhound, darklink, etc. SW also probably gets like 5-10 times the posts of OT now.

LOL no. All I see in SW in fan boys that only accept what they spend money on.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deeliman

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

You're a genius, Dave.

You spelled LoL wrong ;)

ewwwwwww

LoL is so bad m8

You really wanna go that way? LoL's community is notoriously bad and even though Dota's isn't perfect it's miles better than before.

LoL is only better if you enjoy babies crying and throwing the game because they didn't get the lane they want. That stuff is way more annoying than Russians and Brazilians.

Dota has it's fair share of low skilled QQ'ers who complain about everything yet go 0-18-0.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

You're a genius, Dave.

You spelled LoL wrong ;)

ewwwwwww

LoL is so bad m8

Dota has it's fair share of low skilled QQ'ers who complain about everything yet go 0-18-0.

That's why you get out of the low brackets. :> very high or bust

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cain006

@LJS9502_basic said:
@cain006 said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Most of the threads on SW are not meant to be taken seriously. Every now and then there's great threads for discussions however and SW lounge is always a good place to go for advice on games.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deeliman

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

You're a genius, Dave.

You spelled LoL wrong ;)

ewwwwwww

LoL is so bad m8

Or just avoid soloque and play with friends.

Anyways, an OT game night sound fun, but the time differences will probably make it impossible.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@cain006 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@cain006 said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Most of the threads on SW are not meant to be taken seriously. Every now and then there's great threads for discussions however and SW lounge is always a good place to go for advice on games.

I don't think you see SW for what it is. Too many people there take the consoles waayyy too seriously. And that's the last place I'd ask for advice. Too biased......too childish with the name calling. If you critique something....you get called one of their silly animal names.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cain006

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cain006 said:

I don't think you see SW for what it is. Too many people there take the consoles waayyy too seriously. And that's the last place I'd ask for advice. Too biased......too childish with the name calling. If you critique something....you get called one of their silly animal names.

Notice I said SW lounge. The normal SW shenanigans are pretty much nonexistant there. And like I said most of the threads aren't there for serious discussion.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dave123321

I tried to get into sw a couple of months back but couldn't cut it

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I think it's a good idea. It would be cool to discuss games with people in OT.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreySeal9

SW is good for pushing some fanboy buttons and finding out some of the latest news, but that's about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@GreySeal9 said:

SW is good for pushing some fanboy buttons and finding out some of the latest news, but that's about it.

Also fun to make fanboys ragequit life.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GreySeal9

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

I wonder if the GameSpot reviewers ever think to themselves, "I'm tempted to flop this game to see the fanboys go nuts."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@GreySeal9 said:

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

I wonder if the GameSpot reviewers ever think to themselves, "I'm tempted to flop this game to see the fanboys go nuts."

Reviewers aren't above trolling GS users every once and awhile.

Seeing SW lose its mind when TLOU got an 8 was the epitome of hilarity.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dave123321

The tlou reactions from both sides were cute and funny

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreySeal9

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

The Last of Us was definitely the funniest flop in a long time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Definitely.

Anyway, you guys should get the best grand strategy game ever made: Crusader Kings 2. I'll be the king, you guys can be my vassals. Muahaha.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@GreySeal9 said:

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

I don't get that SW mindset. 8 is not a bad score...

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dave123321

The Zelda tp reaction was funny too. 8.8 pissed so many off

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Their system, apparently, is if a game doesn't score what the majority of SWers hype it, it's a flop. Dumbest system I've ever seen but they go apeshit over it.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GreySeal9

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@airshocker said:

@GreySeal9 said:

It's not a bad score at all (8=great), but the fanboys there are such tards that anything below a 9 is reason to freak the **** out, especially when it comes to massively hyped games.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dave123321

When the beyond two souls scored a 90 the Xbox people started up the last of us score issues again. That was funnny

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dave123321

I think the ps3 people were not all that upset with the 8. But it did bring up issues of other scores by sites

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

good idea.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dave123321

The 8.8 Zelda score did seem to bring the ire of the fans though

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cain006

Ah I'm sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into a topic about SW basically.

All I've been playing is pokemon x lately, it's pretty disappointing seeing how uncreative so many people are. Half the people I face have rotoms. I think it's hilarious when I break out my eviolite dusclops and it takes hits like a boss.It's especially great when I get down to around 50-60 hp, kill the pokemon I'm facing and then use pain split on the next one.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

my kind of thread, good work dave :)

Currently playing Shadow Warrior 2013 on steam, its underated ... imo. game returns to old school FPS genre, pays homage to asian settings, nifty graphics, lenghty campaign, upgrade your abilites and weapons, new game + mode.Its only con i felt was it lacks multiplayer , still decent FPS :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

mods please make this thread sticky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@airshocker said:

Definitely.

Anyway, you guys should get the best grand strategy game ever made: Crusader Kings 2. I'll be the king, you guys can be my vassals. Muahaha.

That's a funny way to spell Europa Universalis IV.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@4myAmuzumament said:

good idea.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

@GazaAli said:

We need an OT CSS server.

This, lets all go the HG ice world server some time guys!!!!.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

TLOU flop was glorious.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts
@airshocker said:

@cain006 said:

Well, there is also the General Games Discussion section of the forums everyone always seems to forget... I usually go there for a more civilized discussion...

But this idea ain't bad either.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 said:

You're a genius, Dave.

You spelled LoL wrong ;)

ewwwwwww

LoL is so bad m8

The same could be said for LoL.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

OT is like a sick dog that someone needs to put down so I don't see how it would hurt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Aljosa23 said:

@airshocker said:

Definitely.

That's a funny way to spell Europa Universalis IV.

That one is also good but I think CK2 is much more brutal.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@dave123321 said:

I tried to get into sw a couple of months back but couldn't cut it

Hey I remember u howz it goin bud.