Oh, I'm sorry, did you think racism was dead? The sad truth inside.

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts

"According to a National Opinion Research Center survey in the early 90s, over sixty percent of whites believe that blacks are generally lazier than other groups, 56% say that blacks are generally more prone to violence, and over half say that blacks are generally less intelligent than other groups (1)."

"And we have long believed that, so even in the early 1960s, at a time when in retrospect all would agree the nation was profoundly unequal in its treatment of people of color, whites told pollsters in overwhelming numbers (anywhere from sixty-five to nearly ninety percent) that blacks had equal opportunities in employment and education."

"And according to a 2001 survey, sixty percent of whites, approximately, admit that they believe at least one negative and racist stereotype of blacks: for example, that they are generally lazy, generally aggressive or violent, or prefer to live on welfare rather than work for a living (2)."

"'when given a test of unconscious stereotyping, nearly ninety percent of whites who have taken the test implicitly associate the faces of black Americans with negative words and traits such as evil character or failure.'"

Source: http://www.laprogressive.com/whites-deny-racism/

Bu-bu-but my history textbook written by a bunch of bitter old white men said that white men abolished racism in the 1960s. I mean, yeah, they also invented racism back in the 17th century, but obviously that's not important.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

you needed a survey to tell you this? all you have to do is log onto xbox live or go down south. the kkk still march in the street down here.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Someone's peeking out from under their rock.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Just realized you were that user who talked about psychology and stuff, and about reddit.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

"racism isn't dead" says the guy who posts references from a website clearly racist against white people.  

Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

If you tune it out; it stops existing. That is the truth.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

dont bring up racism ok bossman.

Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Marth6781
Member since 2007 • 2564 Posts
It is only an indication that they are not shamed at sharing opinions compare to before. As for the topic of racism, I am not going to talk about it. I do really hope African Americans can donate back to their community when they become filthy rich. There are a lot of rick African Americans, but, their community often has high crime rate and education is not popular in their community. It would be helpful to donate their money back to their community and help their fellow brothers. A lot of whites does that to help their own communities, and a lot of them extended their donations to other races. I hope this would be the case for rich African Americans. magicalclick
Your acting like people don't do that all the time man.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Another quality thread from Drasonak.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
lol at TC being all like "oh you inferior beings thought racism was gone um guess what i have" We know, TC. We know.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Just realized you were that user who talked about psychology and stuff, and about reddit.dave123321
Never knew you were a kpop fan dave
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

Bigotry is a form of weakness, let it go, regain your strength and live your life accordingly. In the process of doing this... don't forget to laugh along the way. I know I do.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
Did anyone really think racism was "dead"?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JML897
Did anyone really think racism was "dead"?MonoSilver
No, stormfront should be enough proof that it's not
Lord_Ronskins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lord_Ronskins
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

Haha we all know that, and quite frankly its probably gonna be around forever, dosen't bother me I got thick skin.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Racism isn't dead, it never was and never will be. The only difference is instead of being blatant about it, the system has become subtly rigged to keep minorities with less power and wealth.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
Stereotypes are there for a reason though. Because they are true much of the time. Now if I was to tell you a story about a shootout that happened over who made the best Kool Aid, what color would you say they were? Would you be racist to assume they were black?
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Stereotypes are there for a reason though. Because they are true much of the time. Now if I was to tell you a story about a shootout that happened over who made the best Kool Aid, what color would you say they were? Would you be racist to assume they were black?Murderstyle75
Stereotypes should not be trusted, and yes that would make you a racist and an idiot. Believing in racial stereotypes only compounds the problem because it creates a negative stigma for a racial minority that makes it more difficult for them to achieve success because everyone believes they will fail, and it lowers their own achievement level, self esteem, and self worth because that is all they can see themselves as when everyone only views them as a stereotype.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JML897
Now if I was to tell you a story about a shootout that happened over who made the best Kool Aid, what color would you say they were? Would you be racist to assume they were black?Murderstyle75
Is murdering people over kool-aid some black stereotype that I wasn't aware of? I didn't realize that was a thing that happened
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]Now if I was to tell you a story about a shootout that happened over who made the best Kool Aid, what color would you say they were? Would you be racist to assume they were black?JML897
Is murdering people over kool-aid some black stereotype that I wasn't aware of? I didn't realize that was a thing that happened

Well urban gun violence is a black stereotype and kool aid is a black stereotype. You might not know that if you have never been to the hood but its true. I'm not making the story up either. It happened a couple miles away from me. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8c9_1338488566
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bnarmz

Stereotypes are there for a reason though. Because they are true much of the time. Now if I was to tell you a story about a shootout that happened over who made the best Kool Aid, what color would you say they were? Would you be racist to assume they were black?Murderstyle75
Kool-Aid? I heard of this stereotype too. I don't know anyone that drinks that stuff and I know many black folks. Now if you were talking about Pepsi, Sprite, Arizona ice teas and beer then i'll be a bit more familiar. But still there isn't anyone I know that will actually kill someone over those beverages.

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bnarmz

Holy freakin sh.... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8c9_1338488566 :lol:

now that was sad and funny at the same time. But as always the media is known to promote false images and ideas about people. The misrepresentation of the news is nothing short of propaganda and slander, to them controversy and negativity is the prime directive. It's just too bad that most people today rely on this source to educate them on past and current events...often without questioning it's validity.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]Now if I was to tell you a story about a shootout that happened over who made the best Kool Aid, what color would you say they were? Would you be racist to assume they were black?Murderstyle75

Well urban gun violence is a black stereotype and kool aid is a black stereotype. You might not know that if you have never been to the hood but its true. I'm not making the story up either. It happened a couple miles away from me. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8c9_1338488566

It's a fact that blacks have the highest rate of crime when looking at population percentages, but it's not because they are black, but rather their upbringing. If every black person was born filthy rich and stayed filthy rich they wouldn't turn to crime. Same goes for any race. So yeah the stereotypes are there but it's there for different reasons rather than just because they're black. (I know you're not a racist I'm just adding to the discussion)
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Murderstyle75

now that was sad and funny at the same time. But as always the media is known to promote false images and ideas about people. The misrepresentation of the news is nothing short of propaganda and slander, to them controversy and negativity is the prime directive. It's just too bad that most people today rely on this source to educate them on past and current events...often without questioning it's validity.

bnarmz
Propaganda? You did see that the people reporting the news were black. Right? I can also post multiple sources of the same exact story. It is very valid.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="JML897"] Is murdering people over kool-aid some black stereotype that I wasn't aware of? I didn't realize that was a thing that happened

It's a fact that blacks have the highest rate of crime when looking at population percentages, but it's not because they are black, but rather their upbringing. If every black person was born filthy rich and stayed filthy rich they wouldn't turn to crime. Same goes for any race. So yeah the stereotypes are there but it's there for different reasons rather than just because they're black. (I know you're not a racist I'm just adding to the discussion)

So where is all the gun violence in the trailer parks then? I'm not nearly as afraid to walk through the white ghetto than I am through the black ghetto which swallowed up my neighborhood during the housing crash.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

"racism isn't dead" says the guy who posts references from a website clearly racist against white people.  

junglist101

The TC is definitely a bigot, but his/her source isn't bigoted:

"Of course, none of this should be interpreted to imply that whites are inherently racist, as if because of something intrinsic to our culture or biology."

One can easily say that this culture makes white people less aware of white supremacy (not in the KKK sense, but you know) without attacking white people.

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bnarmz
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="bnarmz"]

Propaganda? You did see that the people reporting the news were black. Right? I can also post multiple sources of the same exact story. It is very valid.

I see it as just another case, not something that will make me think about a certain people in a certain way. Most people I've seen going around lumping everyone together barely even knows anything about the people they're talking about. To generalise is to spread lies because no one can say they met and know everyone.
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Lol "psychologist".
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

there is no racism... alabama said so and is currently taking it to the supreme court so old  white people can confirm it.

congrats!  you overcame!

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Stereotypes are just generalizations really, and that's pretty much how the human brain works. While I don't think stereotypes are necessarily all true, I do think, like most things in life, there's a little truth to some of them.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="bnarmz"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="bnarmz"]

I see it as just another case, not something that will make me think about a certain people in a certain way. Most people I've seen going around lumping everyone together barely even knows anything about the people they're talking about. To generalise is to spread lies because no one can say they met and know everyone.

My point is not as much about color as it is about culture that effects color if that makes any sense to you. There are plenty of black people who don't fall into the stereotypes but when you come to my area (Detroit), the stereotypes are very real. The problem is the kids upbringing, molding a criminal mentality. I will say some of this stems from racism in the past but what has come from it is a vicious cycle of a bad mentality effecting generation after generation. Meanwhile the dropout rate for Detroit Public Schools is 80%. If child protective services actually had the resourses and care to take care of this problem and remove the kids from these bad homes, it could be squashed in a generation or two. But of course if DHS actually did their jobs, things like this wouldn't happen. http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1817115?articlePage=0
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#36 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

problem with stereotypes, is that:

1. I am aware of them.

2. I don't often want to think in terms of sterotypes, or judge people on them.

3. Yet, time and time again, especially in the third world (Caribbean, Latin America, Middle East) I've seen, and dealt with literal walking stereotypes. 

It's why i agree when people say "they exist for a reason". it's because people see certain behaviors (good or bad) again and again and whichever group that person belongs to gets assumed. and i think, it's instinctual, we look for patterns in things, including other people. 

a lot of the stereotypical behaviors stem from the types of cultures they live in. A word (culture) that requires unboxing. 

guess that makes a racist then. 

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#37 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

you needed a survey to tell you this? all you have to do is log onto xbox live or go down south. the kkk still march in the street down here.

-Renegade
Pretty sure the KKK is strongest in the Midwest.
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bnarmz

[QUOTE="bnarmz"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Propaganda? You did see that the people reporting the news were black. Right? I can also post multiple sources of the same exact story. It is very valid.Murderstyle75

My point is not as much about color as it is about culture that effects color if that makes any sense to you. There are plenty of black people who don't fall into the stereotypes but when you come to my area (Detroit), the stereotypes are very real. The problem is the kids upbringing, molding a criminal mentality. I will say some of this stems from racism in the past but what has come from it is a vicious cycle effecting generation after generation. Meanwhile the dropout rate for Detroit Public Schools is 80%. If child protective services actually had the resourses and care to take care of this problem and remove the kids from these bad homes, it could be squashed in a generation or two. But of course if DHS actually did their jobs, things like this wouldn't happen. http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1817115?articlePage=0[/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm, interesting.

So, why do you think these people have bad homes, what could be the reasons for that? How do we finally remedy these on going issues? I'm all for helping out the youth and the elderly no matter the shade of skin or their background. I find most problems in these environments (ghettos) happen when there is a lack in the equality of life. Many just give up because they are tired of being victimized by hate groups and the system, they feel there is no hope so some put on this "I don't give a fvck attitude. There's too many broken homes because the father is in jail (or dead) for crimes he had to perform to feed himself and his family, the mother works 2 or 3 jobs trying to raise a boy into a man, a girl into a woman but she is hardly around because she needs to work. The schools are just as poor as the people that go there, and the job market is virtually non existent when you come up without that support, proper guidance, and education. Not many people within any racial group has the ability, or know how to raise up out of this. These are the important things that is hardly talked about when viewing black people and their issues on the news channel, this is where you get to the root of the matter. All you'll ever see in the news is some young poor misguided individual struggling to find self and purpose within a society dominated by Caucasians, they are not only a product of his/her environment, but the result of neglect and injustice.

Still, I'm not someone that believes in excuses but I do understand why many black people are in the predicament they are in. I hear the concerns all the time and I'm hoping one day society will reach that point where division and bigotry is gone. Imo, it's probably one of the dumbest things to ever be a part of. We created so much wonder in this world thru our separation, just imagine how much we can create thru unity.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts
Your link is racist.....
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#40 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

I don't think anyone thought racism was dead

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]Stereotypes are there for a reason though. Because they are true much of the time. Now if I was to tell you a story about a shootout that happened over who made the best Kool Aid, what color would you say they were? Would you be racist to assume they were black?DarkGamer007

Stereotypes should not be trusted, and yes that would make you a racist and an idiot. Believing in racial stereotypes only compounds the problem because it creates a negative stigma for a racial minority that makes it more difficult for them to achieve success because everyone believes they will fail, and it lowers their own achievement level, self esteem, and self worth because that is all they can see themselves as when everyone only views them as a stereotype.

That seems to be an excuse TBH....
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#42 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

Bu-bu-but my history textbook written by a bunch of bitter old white men said that white men abolished racism in the 1960s.Drasonak

Your textbook said we abolished racism? Was there some kind of post-mass-hypnotic version of the Emancipation Proclamation pooped out by LBJ that I don't know about?

Which textbook and what is the page number and the exact quote? Be specific.

I mean, yeah, they also invented racism back in the 17th century, but obviously that's not important.Drasonak

They INVENTED racism in the 17th century?!?

That must be some textbook!

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

OP is a racist

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

-Renegade

Yes, that totally happens here. Every time I got outside I see hooded klansmen running around burning crosses and lynching blacks. Grow up.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

This Black guy doesn't care about racism. I recognize it and will stand against it if a need arises for me to do so, though.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Only naive people thought that electing a black president meant racism is dead.  Everyone's a little bit racist. And the TC is extremely racist

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Im doing my part to keep racism alive.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

Only naive people thought that electing a black president meant racism is dead.  Everyone's a little bit racist. And the TC is extremely racist

lostrib
No everyone is not. Speak for yourself.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

OP take take any reasonable argument and make a sh!t-tier thread out of it. It's a gift.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
Im doing my part to keep racism alive.Nengo_Flow
i lol'ed