FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu: Rey felt too much like a Mary Sue, like she can master anything within a day.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: She's going to be the next Bastilla Shan, except without any training.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu: lol You are a 5 years old,go watch COCO.TLJ isnt clearly for your kind of immature mentality HeHe?

Its clearly BEST MOVIE after TESB

XMinusZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 XMinusZero
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Thought it was garbage for the most part. Rey should not be that great of a fighter to take on the guards during the throne room scene. I gave her the fight against Kylo in TFA because he was seriously wounded during it.

The infamous chase scene was completely ridiculous. The FO could have either sent fighters to finish them off or warped a few ships ahead to cut them off. Don't tell me the fighters don't have support at that range, either, we've seen TIE fighters go pretty far out before in ANH.

I find it hard to believe the guy who was the only person to think Darth Vader of all people was redeemable suddenly pulled his saber on his nephew.

The Finn and Rose Vegas getaway was both a waste of time for the Resistance and the audience.

They should have provided a bit of backstory for Snoke. He must have been around during the OT. We know there's only two Sith around at any given time, so where was he? Who trained him? How did he get to be the head of the FO?

Rey being nobody is fine, so was Anakin.

Why do the Empire/FO always land their walkers so damned far away from the base?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Finn and Rose scenes are pure garbage and not needed. Almost laughed out loud with the Leia 'force pull'. Other than that I'd say it was a solid B. Film could have been great if it weren't for some shoddy writing and filler.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

About a year ago I stated my concerns with Rian Johnson being handed both writing and directing chairs (at which many here pooh pooh). After watching TLJ all my fears have been affirmed. Johnson is a undoubted talented director, but being at the helm of an established franchise and follow up to the good TFA, he really didn't have what it took to step up. Granted it's an entertaining movie but it shits on the consistency of characters the original trilogy (and to some degree, TFA) built on; so much so in fact, that Mark Hamill spoke out against it. Not only that it squandered almost all the build up TFA had going for I don't know what pay off. TLJ is a fun stand alone movie; enjoyable if you don't think about it too much, but as a part of SW it sucks and even more so as a direct follow up to TFA.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@bmanva said:

About a year ago I stated my concerns with Rian Johnson being handed both writing and directing chairs (at which many here pooh pooh). After watching TLJ all my fears have been affirmed. Johnson is a undoubted talented director, but being at the helm of an established franchise and follow up to the good TFA, he really didn't have what it took to step up. Granted it's an entertaining movie but it shits on the consistency of characters the original trilogy (and to some degree, TFA) built on; so much so in fact, that Mark Hamill spoke out against it. Not only that it squandered almost all the build up TFA had going for I don't know what pay off. TLJ is a fun stand alone movie; enjoyable if you don't think about it too much, but as a part of SW it sucks and even more so as a direct follow up to TFA.

This is definitely far more legitimate of a criticism than what we see with most people crying "mary sue" and nonsense and i do agree with this to an extent... im actually a bit split on it. Rian Johnson is a very creative and visual storyteller and its fantastic having him involved with Star Wars. And while i do love the difference he brings to the saga, it probably was not a good choice having him head one part of a trilogy. To really maximize his capabilities and for a better continued trilogy, he's probably better off heading his own anthology movie or like they gave him, a new trilogy. I personally did not have many problems with this movie and i think the single biggest problem, pacing in certain areas, could be solved with a recut directors cut. In fact, i wouldnt be shocked that when this is released digitally, a day after we will find fan edits that fix a lot of this pacing. All of that said, i would however like to point out that Mark Hamill, doesnt really know the character of Luke too well. You can see this with the interviews he does, he does not understand old EU Luke (which is basically what people wanted Luke to be) or new canon Luke.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

TLJ drops by 68% in the box office this weekend lol (one of the worst drops for a movie in dec). Hopefully this shows Disney that Rian is a pos Director/writer.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Ballroompirate:

He has been a good director in the past, so I was dissapointed, but then again he had to do a one-shot middle episode which isn't an easy thing.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@xminuszero: Snoke isnt a Sith.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@indzman said:

@mighty-lu-bu: lol You are a 5 years old,go watch COCO.TLJ isnt clearly for your kind of immature mentality HeHe?

The majority of fans would disagree with you.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By indzman

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@indzman said:

The Last Jedi had its world premiere in Los Angeles on December 9, 2017, and was released in the United States on December 15, 2017. It has grossed $793 million worldwide, making it the 10th highest-grossing film of 2017, and received largely positive reviews. Critics praised it for its plot, ensemble cast, action, effects, score and emotional weight; some considered it the best Star Wars film since The Empire Strikes Back

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi

On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, Star Wars: The Last Jedi has an approval rating of 92% based on 337 reviews, with an average rating of 8.1/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Star Wars: The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy while adding some surprising twists—and delivering all the emotion-rich action fans could hope for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@indzman said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@indzman said:

The Last Jedi had its world premiere in Los Angeles on December 9, 2017, and was released in the United States on December 15, 2017. It has grossed $793 million worldwide, making it the 10th highest-grossing film of 2017, and received largely positive reviews. Critics praised it for its plot, ensemble cast, action, effects, score and emotional weight; some considered it the best Star Wars film since The Empire Strikes Back

On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, Star Wars: The Last Jedi has an approval rating of 92% based on 337 reviews, with an average rating of 8.1/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Star Wars: The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy while adding some surprising twists—and delivering all the emotion-rich action fans could hope for.

Time to make you look stupid.

The Last Jedi currently holds a 92% critic score rating on Rotten Tomatoes (behind Force Awaken's 94%), however, it holds also currently holds a 52% audience score (out of over 150k user reviews), making it the Star Wars film that has the lowest audience score on Rotten Tomatoes (behind anything from the original trilogy, behind TFA, behind Rogue One, and behind the all of the prequels).

Furthermore, the critic site Metacritc is showing similar results. The Last Jedi currently sits at a 86 from critic scores, but it is at a 4.7 user score based on almost 5k reviews.

Based on this data, we can conclude that the Last Jedi, generally wasn't perceived well by fans.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 indzman

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@indzman said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@indzman said:

Time to make you look stupid.

The Last Jedi currently holds a 92% critic score rating on Rotten Tomatoes (behind Force Awaken's 94%), however, it holds also currently holds a 52% audience score (out of over 150k user reviews), making it the Star Wars film that has the lowest audience score on Rotten Tomatoes (behind anything from the original trilogy, behind TFA, behind Rogue One, and behind the all of the prequels).

Furthermore, the critic site Metacritc is showing similar results. The Last Jedi currently sits at a 86 from critic scores, but it is at a 4.7 user score based on almost 5k reviews.

Based on this data, we can conclude that the Last Jedi, generally wasn't perceived well by fans.

Who cares if audiences like you Hate the movie? Audiences like us loved the movie :)

corncobbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By corncobbler
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Would someone please explain to me what happened between Kylo and Rey after they tore the lightsaber in half? Like, we just see him as though he were knocked out or playing dead, and then acting as though, in fear, he had to explain to Hux, a guy he could easily over power, and later force chokes, what had happened in Snoke's throne room...

I also felt there were too many impossible moments of suspense, were characters are overcoming impossible odds at the very last second...

I still need to see the movie a few more times to point everything out, but:

Their meeting with the Master Code Breaker gets ruined, so they're put in a cell with another code breaker -what are the chances? I know it's fiction, but c'mon.

and of course, Leia in space was kind of a stretch... i had to get myself to believe she got back to the ship with pure instinct through the Force.

It's like they put Leia in a coma just to introduce Amilyn Holdo, which they kill off shortly after... like, what's the point?

Rey, down in the rabbit hole was pretty trippy, though they could have done more to tantalize us more with the trippiness of the dark side. Like, some kind of principle for the dark side could have been revealed with that scene... at least, I wanted to see more of that weird stuff.

Regardless, the dark side never seems to affect Rey's vision.

For the most part, I liked the Rose and Fin subplot and that there were a few subplots going on to keep the film fresh.

All in all, I liked the movie a lot, it just seemed a bit messed up at times.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu: We've also read that the user reviews have been skewed by fake negative ratings. While not the best Star Wars movie it's on par with TFA and WAY better then anything the prequels gave us.

brummieSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By brummieSteve
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Right chaps I’ll be honest I was pretty upset when I saw the film first time round and really wasn’t looking forward to seeing it again as I’d got tickets booked for Boxing Day.

I think most of this was because all my expectations were shot down. Sour Luke, no Snoke answers, etc but on second viewing I was less distracted and able to focus on what I think are major points...

I think the last half the film is the first half flipped. At the start Luke has he same reply to kylo/Rey about ‘everything they said was wrong’ he also warns kylo that if he strikes him down in anger he’ll be with him forever which is a warning Snoke DID NOT GIVE. At the start kylo tells Rey that if she was connecting them it would kill her which is what it was doing to Snoke. So with that in mind Snoke knew he would die so scarificed himself which is a mirror to what Luke did.

Also when kylo and hux are in the throne room the lights flicker when Snoke is mentioned so I think Snoke has left his physical form and now able to pull the strings from beyond the grave.

Excuse my typing as I’m doing this on my phone!

Still hated the Mary popping scene but noticed Leia survived to give chewie the hug he didn’t get first time round ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@vfighter said:

@mighty-lu-bu: We've also read that the user reviews have been skewed by fake negative ratings. While not the best Star Wars movie it's on par with TFA and WAY better then anything the prequels gave us.

I don't think that the review data is skewed because people were review bombing it, I think the data is skewed because a lot of fans didn't really like this movie. I have seen it twice and I am planning to watch it a 3rd time in about a week. I think we have received the worst Star Wars movie ever made (I would even put it behind every prequel). People review bombed the prequels, they review bombed TFA and they review bombed Rogue One, yet all of those movies still have higher user scores on Rotten Tomatoes and on Metacritc. The data doesn't lie.

One of the biggest problems for me was the terrible tone issues that plagued the film throughout its entire run time. Serious scenes were often turned into a giant punch line and often the humor felt forced (it also mostly fell flat on its face). The plot was also terrible- it was literally a 3 hour chase scene which is hands down the worst plot we have ever had in a Star Wars movie. They ruined Leia and Luke (which was probably the biggest slap in the face) and new characters from TFA were ruined as well (I don't care about Rey, Finn, Phasma, Snoke or Poe anymore because how terribly they were used and written in TLJ- I hope they all die now). Oh, but we got some new characters- Laura Dern who plays a shady feminist nut job and we get the useless character Rose, a fat annoying Asian who has about as much personality as a pine cone. Rose is the new social justice warrior here to end the galaxy's animal cruelty and shame the 1% on Canto Byte. In a lot of ways, it felt like the prequels, which failed to capture that feeling of Star Wars, but the prequels also did a lot of things better. This movie also has some glaring plot holes that simply cannot be explained away. What makes it worse is we have fans like indzman who claim that it's the greatest Star Wars film since Empire strikes back... yeah, that is not true.

As a writer, I can tell that the writing is all over the place in the movie and most of the writing isn't very good. People that loved this movie are either little kids, or people who aren't very familiar with Star Wars lore. The big problem is that with the original trilogy, George Lucas had a story arch already planned out. In the prequels, again, the story arch was all planned out and one movie flowed perfectly into the next. This saga's story is not finished (which is puzzling) and now Disney is starting to take Star Wars into a direction I never wanted.

Again, the more I have analyzed it, the more I have hated it. I would give this film either a 4.5 or a 5 which is pretty bad. The only thing that it did well was the visuals because we probably got the best visuals out of any film in the saga. That being said, everything else was pure garbage. The funny thing is that usually films like this are picked apart by critics, but the fact that most critics loved it and most fans hated it suggests that possibly some bribery was going on.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

People/fans "reviewed bombed" TFA and its sitting at what a 88% user review. The non casual Star Wars fans hate TLJ, hell I've had people come up to me at my work looking at my SW hoodie they ask me how I thought of TLJ and I tell them as a fan for over 28 years, it sucked and they agree it sucked.

"It made over 700 million so it doesn't suck", hate to break it to you kids but big IPs sell high regardless if it sucks or not, look at Justice League (a decent movie, nothing special) it made almost 600 million and it's sitting at a 40% by "professional" reviewers while sitting at a 78% for user scores.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

People/fans "reviewed bombed" TFA and its sitting at what a 88% user review. The non casual Star Wars fans hate TLJ, hell I've had people come up to me at my work looking at my SW hoodie they ask me how I thought of TLJ and I tell them as a fan for over 28 years, it sucked and they agree it sucked.

"It made over 700 million so it doesn't suck", hate to break it to you kids but big IPs sell high regardless if it sucks or not, look at Justice League (a decent movie, nothing special) it made almost 600 million and it's sitting at a 40% by "professional" reviewers while sitting at a 78% for user scores.

honestly though...I dont understand how people dont see this coming, in fact I dont see how people are fans anymore to be frank.

Jar Jar and his racist ridiculousness (and they even brought him back in multiple movies???), yoda jumping around fighting like a ball, a man in charge who completely destroyed the Star Trek cannon. really?

shocker?

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

I just find it so funny how everyone hates the prequels and george lucas for making them, yet the new movies are far worst. Are the prequels better then the original star wars trilogy ? Absolutely not. Did i find them far more enjoyable then this new disneyfied crap ? Oh yes. Hate jar jar all you want.Atleast the lore was consistent in the prequels . Episode 7 was almost okish but not really. Episode 8 is garbage. Talking as an old school SW fan.I'm sure the kiddies will love it...

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

6.5 out of 10.....I may see it a 2nd time on the big screen, but for the first time with a SW movie, maybe not. Apparently alot of others aren't doing repeat viewings, it's dropping fast.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Yeah, very disappointed with this one. It really stinks how Star Wars has sort of devolved into not having much of a story. Sure, the prequels were bad, but they had more of a story than the fanservice of TFA and the....whatever you want to call what TLJ was.

My biggest problem with this new Star Wars franchise is that it pretty much redoes the plot of Lucas' Star Wars but with not much character development and zero reasoning behind why. I wanted to know WHY in TFA there is (30 years from episode 6) a whole new Empire called the First Order. IIRC, the rebels destroyed all the bad guys and the next death star. There is that huge celebration on Endor. Luke makes peace with Vader before he dies. The Emperor is dead.

Then, 30 years later, there's been a new Empire called the First Order in the works and now they command the galaxy again. All I remember in terms of any sort of explanation for this sudden evil force is Kylo wanting to finish what Vader started...but why?

And then they don't even go into why EXACTLY Kylo among others was being trained by Luke. Did the First Order start up a few years after episode 6 that warranted Luke the need to start a new Jedi Temple? Why did Luke take Ben Solo from his parents? Did he hate his parents? Was that the hate Luke thought was in Kylo that resulted in him wanting to kill him?

None of this is really explained very well. Maybe I have rose-tinted glasses on, but it felt like Lucas explained why things happened the way that they did. It makes sense that Anakin got corrupted and thought that the Jedi, mainly Obi-Wan, were trying to control him so he turned against them and became Darth Vader. There was at least some adequate explanation even if the movies suffered in other respects.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By poe13

I know this is reading too far into things, but it is very telling for Benicio's character in this new movie to say things like "Don't think about it like that, man. It's all a machine" and "Today they blow you up. Tomorrow you blow them up"

Really speaks to what these movies are now...

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 poe13

@beganoo said:

I just find it so funny how everyone hates the prequels and george lucas for making them, yet the new movies are far worst. Are the prequels better then the original star wars trilogy ? Absolutely not. Did i find them far more enjoyable then this new disneyfied crap ? Oh yes. Hate jar jar all you want.Atleast the lore was consistent in the prequels . Episode 7 was almost okish but not really. Episode 8 is garbage. Talking as an old school SW fan.I'm sure the kiddies will love it...

Yeah, Lucas set out to tell a story. Then years later, he decided to tell how Anakin became Vader and why the Jedi became reduced to a couple of guys. Lucas gave it to Disney and now with each new entry in the series having a new director, things are bound to become muddled. You've got new people working on someone else's creation all while adhering to a studio that will fire directors or demand reshoots should the upcoming entry not be up to its standards. Very much a machine now more than ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@poe13: practically all of that is explained in the movie if you had paid attention.

Kylo Ren explain all of last jedi in a nutshell.

I guess the us audience really is just that stupid that they can’t even follow a Star Wars movie without having to have it explained to them.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 poe13

@Nuck81: tell me what I missed then

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@poe13: what do you not understand?

Solo said on TFA that Luke was training a new generation of Jedi until a student turned on him.

First order grew from the remnant of the empire.

Ben solo went to train with Luke with his parents blessing.

Luke explained in TLJ that he could feel snokes influence grow in Ben and in a moment of weakness felt there was only one option. He immediately regretted it but it was too late. That moment of betrayal was enough to drive Ben fully toward snoke severing his relationship with his parents.

Like couldn’t accept his failure and shame and went into exile similar to what yoda did at the end of ROTS.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 poe13

@Nuck81: so I’m supposed to just believe that all the rebels who defeated the Empire in ep 6 and blew up that new Death Star just gave up and let a new group of people grow from the old Empire into the First Order enough so that they are overwhelmed again?

And I’m asking specifically HOW Snoke influences Kylo. All that’s said in the movie is that he just does it. Was Luke too controlling similar to how ObiWan was to Anakin in the prequels? Who is this Snoke and how does he just appear and take control of one of Luke’s padawans?

There is no origin story or logical reasoning behind these questions. All there is is that...these things just happened. That’s it. It would be better if there was some reasoning and explanation behind these new things that come to be. Say what you will about the prequels, you can see how annoyed and frustrated Anakin was getting with ObiWan so it was understandable why he turned and all it took was a little push from Palpatine and we’ve got Vader.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310

@poe13: the alliance in Thebes OT grew from a few senators that were pissed that palapatine declared himself emporer.

Hold on to your dick and be patient.

There is another movie to see

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#82 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Just came back from watching it. It was going so well, they were about to be bold, and then they chickened out and went for the obvious ending. Can't say I'm not disappointed, but at least it wasn't the Empire Strikes Back, which is something...

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 poe13

@Nuck81: I'm good. These movies have always been just fun anyway. The original three from decades ago sure did have flaws but there definitely was more character development.

Now all they can do is redo things. Yawn.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#84 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

My feelings haven't changed much. I wasn't really a fan. I didn't hate it but I was disappointed. This review sums up a lot of my thoughts.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@poe13: except Finn and Poe both has meaningful and significant growth through TLJ.

Not to mention the growth and development between Rey and Ben.

But yeah sure. TLJ was just like all the others.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 poe13

@Nuck81: yep, all those moments where Finn acts goofy and stupid in front of a girl, making dumb little one-liners, really brought out the depth of who he is.

Rey hardly even was taught by Luke or even interacted with him much outside of the “lessons” where he goes “lesson one, this is what the force is....” and the dumb reasoning for going into exile which goes completely against the way George’s Luke would have acted, which is why Hamil’s criticism is completely valid.

Ah, but whatever. Agree to disagree. I think the movie sucked and I agree with the OP. You don’t. Go watch it again and again. Then buy the movie and enjoy all the nonsense like Leia flying in space, the First Order just shooting the transports from afar when they could’ve easily sent some tie fighters, the prequel level of awful, silly horse alien riding on Canto Bight.

I’m done with this silly argument.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@poe13: again it’s not my fault you didn’t understand or pay attention to the movie. Literally every criticism you had in your last post was in the movie.

If you didn’t understand finns character arc, than you’re a dumbass or you didn’t pay attention.

If you don’t understand why Rey is special than you didn’t listen to Snoke when he meets Rey face to face. Again your fault.

If you don’t know why Luke went into hiding than you must have been in the bathroom playing with yourself instead of watching the movie. Again your fault.

If you think a few tie fighters can take down a capital ship, even after the first order said that the resistance was out of range for their fighters to reach, than that is your fault.

Stick to watching my little pony. The plots may be easier for you to understand.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 poe13

@Nuck81 said:

@poe13: again it’s not my fault you didn’t understand or pay attention to the movie. Literally every criticism you had in your last post was in the movie.

If you didn’t understand finns character arc, than you’re a dumbass or you didn’t pay attention.

If you don’t understand why Rey is special than you didn’t listen to Snoke when he meets Rey face to face. Again your fault.

If you don’t know why Luke went into hiding than you must have been in the bathroom playing with yourself instead of watching the movie. Again your fault.

If you think a few tie fighters can take down a capital ship, even after the first order said that the resistance was out of range for their fighters to reach, than that is your fault.

Stick to watching my little pony. The plots may be easier for you to understand.

No you're the fucking dumbass. Stop dickriding this movie and realize that some people have brains and have seen other Star Wars movies and other movies in general enough to know that this plot and story is garbage. I have already addressed you when you say I didn't pay attention. I DID. I fucking told you that simple explanations aren't going to cut it. Snoke just influenced Kylo and that's that? Luke saw the dark in Kylo and decided he should kill him? What happened to trying to rescue them from the dark side like the Jedi of old would do or even...hmmm...fucking Luke Skywalker himself did for Vader at the end of ep 6?

Go **** yourself, kid. I watched the movie just like everyone else. The way it is all set up is too rushed. That's my problem with it. Now go take that Force Awakens blu ray you preordered a few years back and stick it up your ass and move it around so it gets nice and good in there.

You are defending a movie that just tells the audience what happened and we're just supposed to believe it because...Star wars...yeah....well, with that logic humans can breathe in space and everyone has the force because, well Disney had someone put it in the script so they say so.

**** you.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90  Edited By scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts
@poe13 said:

so I’m supposed to just believe that all the rebels who defeated the Empire in ep 6 and blew up that new Death Star just gave up and let a new group of people grow from the old Empire into the First Order enough so that they are overwhelmed again?

Yes, you are. It's incredibly stupid. Gotta come up with some excuse to rehash the original trilogy, although they never really properly explained it in the movies. Personally I'm just going to read some Expanded Universe-- sorry, "Legends" books and pretend this dumpster fire of a trilogy never happened.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 poe13

@Nuck81: no no, you gotta push the Force Awakens deep into your anus past your Gspot, then you will achieve balance, young dumbfuck.

Just breathe...now reach in there and really PUSH!

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By poe13

@scoots9: Thank you. This is what I'm talking about. Personally, what you linked me would have been really cool to have seen in ep 7 instead of what we got. A military disarmament act followed by the battle of Jakku and the formation of the new First Order. Then these new movies would not feel like a rehash because the events would be explained and shown in an episode rather than just stated somewhere in the film and...we just gotta roll with it.

From that wookiepedia, I found this:

Following the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War, as the New Republic became the dominant government of the Galaxy, the Republic became locked in a cold war with the Imperial remnants.[6] Some wealthy collectors such as the Centristsenator Ransolm Casterfo collected historical artifacts including Imperial helmets, banners, and armor. In addition, Rebel Alliance and Imperial banners, equipment, and other artifacts were sold at places such as Chrome Citadel. Key Rebel leaders such as Senator Bail Organa, Chancellor Mon Mothma, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker had a high level of respect and prestige among the galactic populace. Still, some like Casterfo regarded the actions taken by Saw Gerrera's Partisans and the Rebel Alliance as terrorist activities.[42]

By 28 ABY, two factions had emerged in the Galactic Senate: the Centrists who favored a stronger central government and the Populists who wanted member worlds to wield considerable sovereignty. Some Centrists admired the "Old Empire" and questioned the official New Republic accounts of the Battle of Yavin and the Galactic Civil War. Some even expressed skepticism that Luke Skywalker had destroyed the first Death Star and suggested that it was the work of an Imperial traitor. Several Centrist senators including Lady Carise Sindian[42] and Erudo Ro-Kiintor worked as undercover agents of the First Order to subvert the New Republic from within.[43]

Due to his role as the Emperor's enforcer, Darth Vader was widely reviled by much of the galactic population. As a result, his children Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker withheld the full details of their parentage from all but a close circle of friends. After Lady Carise discovered Leia's true parentage, she manipulated Leia's friend Senator Casterfo into revealing Leia's parentage during a hearing to consider Leia's candidacy for the office of First Senator. Consequently, Leia lost much support in the Senate and was forced to withdraw her candidacy. Later, Leia uncovered evidence that a paramilitary faction called the Amaxine warriors were planning to attack the New Republic. However, her warnings were dismissed as warmongering by the Senate. Sensing another galactic war approaching, Princess Leia formed a paramilitary outfit called the Resistance to protect the New Republic.[42]

Many of the soldiers and military officers, including GeneralArmitage Hux, in the First Order were taught that rebel "terrorists" had stolen the future of the galaxy during the Civil War. The First Order viewed the New Republic as too weak to save the galaxy from chaos and believed that the First Order had to save the galaxy from itself

Now this makes more sense than the little tidbits we got in the movie. It looks to be shedding light on how this new First Order came to be. Had this been the plot of ep 7 rather than A New Hope 2.0, we would have had a more reasonable movie. Now there's explanation and elaboration as to WHY this new power came to be rather than....that it just did and now they have a Death Planet that blows up planets and then they send in some X-wings and plant some bombs here and there and pew pew, boom, boom, new Death Planet destroyed...just like A New Hope.

Sigh, Disney playing it safe. Gotta rehash it all.

And no, Nuck81, the opening crawl of Force Awakens where they say:

Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.

With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is desperate to find her brother Luke and gain his help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy.

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke’s whereabouts….

yeah, that doesn't count as good enough explanation to redo the old movies.

This Nuck guy just believes everything in a movie and doesn't question anything because he likes Star Wars objects in his ass. But hey, to each his own.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 VFighter

@beganoo: The lore in the prequels work at all with the original films lol, what are you smoking?!?

Hate the new movies all you want, at the end of the day they're Oscar worthy compared to the prequels.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

It feels like no one proofread the script of this mess even once.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 beganoo

@vfighter: The story in the prequels is quite consistent actually .The complex rise of darth sidious and the fall of anakin.It has problems but it is a damn good story overall.Lore is on point as well. The new movies have no story, no lore . Nothing makes sense. Its pure disneyfied trash. They do look and sound great tho. I'm sure that's why you like them. Let me guess. Fan of michael bay transformers movies ?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 VFighter

@beganoo: Hate the Transformer movies with a passion, so nice try?

And no, the lore and story in the prequels are off a lot, add in HORRIBLE acting, piss poor CGI (and an insane over abundance of it), horrible chemistry between characters...and well yeah I'll take the Disney eye candy and fantastic action over it.

The fall of Anakin was done in such a piss poor way it ruins the character and the lore of Darth Vader. You could right a novel on all the issues with the prequels.

Avatar image for anxietyconquere
anxietyconquere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 anxietyconquere
Member since 2017 • 38 Posts

Seems like everyone I ask has mixed opinions on the movie. Die hard Star Wars fans I've asked weren't fans. Maybe I'll wait for it on Netflix

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#98  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The plot was a mess and pointless.

This guy nails it on what everyone is thinking.

Loading Video...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@vfighter said:

@beganoo: Hate the Transformer movies with a passion, so nice try?

And no, the lore and story in the prequels are off a lot, add in HORRIBLE acting, piss poor CGI (and an insane over abundance of it), horrible chemistry between characters...and well yeah I'll take the Disney eye candy and fantastic action over it.

The fall of Anakin was done in such a piss poor way it ruins the character and the lore of Darth Vader. You could right a novel on all the issues with the prequels.

It seems to me Anakin's turn to the Dark Side is in line with Star Wars lore I've read since the 80's. What part of his transformation didn't make sense to you?

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By beganoo

@vfighter: No I don't agree about the lore and the story at all. The way the emperor rises to power and manipulates everyone reminds me of an ancient roman legend and its done very well imo.Thats just one example. There is a lot of good things in the prequals. There is bad acting and alot of CGI sure but i find it far more enjoyble then this disney crap.The amout of plotholes and things that make absolutely not snese story and lore wise in the new movies just insult my intelligence as a fan of the series. They just want to reboot everying ,print money and thats pretty much it. The star wars IP was never in worst hands and the new movies are proof that.The way things are going in a few years no one will give a crap wen a new SW moive comes out.