Muslim Brotherhood speaker says Egypt will make Jerusalem its capital.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PWSteal_Ldpinch
PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PWSteal_Ldpinch
Member since 2011 • 1172 Posts

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/06/07/219272.html

Egypt's new capital will no more be Cairo, but the new capital will be Jerusalem, a prominent Egyptian cleric said at a presidential campaign rally, which was aired by an Egyptian private TV channel.

"Our capital shall not be Cairo, Mecca or Medina. It shall be Jerusalem with God's will. Our chants shall be: millions of martyrs will march towards Jerusalem" prominent cleric Safwat Hagazy said.

"The capital of the [Muslim] Caliphate will be Jerusalem with God's will" Hegazy said, as the crowds cheered, waving the Egyptian flags along with the flags of the Islamist Hamas group, which rules the Gaza Strip.

"Tomorrow Mursi will liberate Gaza," the crowds chanted.

"We will either pray in Jerusalem or we will be martyred there," Hegazy said.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Great. For every decade, another war.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
That doesn't make sense. Why would the third holiest city be the capital of the Mulsim Caliphate? And by the way I don't think they're talking about only egypt here..
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Dat Democracy.
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

Great. For every decade, another war.Elraptor

The military industrial complex has to keep chugging along somehow!

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Oh damn it's the jingoes.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#7 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I don't know why, but this situation is making me laugh very hard.

Probably something about pyramids and jewish slaves.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
This will not end well. Or not end at all....
kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kraychik
Member since 2009 • 2433 Posts
That doesn't make sense. Why would the third holiest city be the capital of the Mulsim Caliphate? And by the way I don't think they're talking about only egypt here..themajormayor
They're been saying this for decades, this is nothing new. Bear in mind the the designation of Jerusalem as "Islam's third-holiest site" is a relatively modern phenomenon and much more political than theological/religious in nature. It's just another way for these Islamists to use not-so-subtle code language to appeal to the anti-Semitic base of their support.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

facepalm.jpg

Slightly misleading title, still facepalm-worthy.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
And my optimism for the secular future of Egypt is dashed within a couple hours.
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

But islam is a religion of peace.

Also, I hope the jews "martyr" the hell out of them with their Superior air force.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]That doesn't make sense. Why would the third holiest city be the capital of the Mulsim Caliphate? And by the way I don't think they're talking about only egypt here..kraychik
They're been saying this for decades, this is nothing new. Bear in mind the the designation of Jerusalem as "Islam's third-holiest site" is a relatively modern phenomenon and much more political than theological/religious in nature. It's just another way for these Islamists to use not-so-subtle code language to appeal to the anti-Semitic base of their support.

They've been saying Jerusalem should be the capital of all of the caliphate really?
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

Also, I hope the jews "martyr" the hell out of them with their Superior air force.

TopTierHustler

As my friend said, it's not the religion, it's the people.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 themajormayor

Israel sure got their money's worth for ceding Sinai.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Neato
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 theone86

And my optimism for the secular future of Egypt is dashed within a couple hours.Zeviander

It was never a realistic aspiration in the short term, and there's still hope that there won't be religious extremism while they deal with the economy. The big loss here is that Egypt is a major player in the Israeli-Palestinian talks, and this rhetoric seriously hampers hopes of getting any progress done on that front.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

EliteM0nk3y

I think it's the other way around.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
As my friend said, it's not the religion, it's the people.EliteM0nk3y
Without the people (the founders and modern practitioners) the religion would cease to exist. You cannot separate the religion from the people and say "it's not the religion's" fault. Religion is not a living, thinking entity, it is a collection of concepts and beliefs upheld by people. They are one in the same.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts

[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

TopTierHustler

People are dumb, insecure, and aggressive as all hell. Certain Religions, institutions, and religious events/philosophies just allow people to channel in a large mass these qualities they already had. These try hards were already violent/sexist/racist/etc. before they joined whichever religion, it just helps them come together as an aggressive community.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I liked them better when they worshiped cats and the Sun.
Avatar image for jerk-o-tron2000
jerk-o-tron2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jerk-o-tron2000
Member since 2007 • 10036 Posts

Ace6301

Pretty sure that they abused Jews back then....

kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kraychik

[QUOTE="kraychik"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]That doesn't make sense. Why would the third holiest city be the capital of the Mulsim Caliphate? And by the way I don't think they're talking about only egypt here..themajormayor

They've been saying Jerusalem should be the capital of all of the caliphate really?

Yeah, the Muslim Brotherhood has been saying this for a long time to play into the "Land Day" narrative of the "oppressed Palestinians". The Muslim Brotherhood is international in focus, in a similar manner to communism. Contemporarily we're seeing Egyptian nationalist manifestations of Islamism via the current Muslim Brotherhood, but at the core of their openly stated ideology is a transnational unification of Muslims across borders. Jerusalem as another piece of their caliphate puzzle fits into that narrative as the land of Israel, according to them, is "Muslim land".

EDIT - It recently (like six months back?) became news again in certain parts of the media because MEMRI translated a speech given from some Muslim Brotherhood high-level official (maybe it was Mosri) about marching to Jerusalem and reclaiming it as the new capital of the inevitable Islamic caliphate.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

jerk-o-tron2000

They still abuse Jews so that's not really too different. Back then they at least had some cool mythology. Now they're rolling with the Abrahamic crowd which has incredibly boring myths.
kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kraychik
[QUOTE="jerk-o-tron2000"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

Ace6301

They still abuse Jews so that's not really too different. Back then they at least had some cool mythology. Now they're rolling with the Abrahamic crowd which has incredibly boring myths.

Considering the fact that Egypt expelled all its Jews in the late 40s and early 50s, there are no more Jews in Egypt to abuse.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Why people have been fighting for thousands of years for a barren wasteland is beyond me. The world would be better off if the middle east ceased to exist.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="jerk-o-tron2000"]

kraychik

Considering the fact that Egypt expelled all its Jews in the late 40s and early 50s, there are no more Jews in Egypt to abuse.

"Muslim Brotherhood speaker says Egypt will make Jerusalem its capital."
jerk-o-tron2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jerk-o-tron2000

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

Ace6301

It would be awesome if I could be buried in a pyramid....I wish I could sneak inside one and die there.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

jerk-o-tron2000

I wish I could be buried in a pyramid....I wish I could sneak inside one and die there.

That would actually be a pretty cool way to go. I wonder what they'd do when they find your corpse though.
jerk-o-tron2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jerk-o-tron2000

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

Ace6301

I wish I could be buried in a pyramid....I wish I could sneak inside one and die there.

That would actually be a pretty cool way to go. I wonder what they'd do when they find your corpse though.

Take a journal, write down some scary $hit.....Right before you die, Write down something about a shadow game..

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Just what the world needs :roll:

If only religion was 100% separated from politics......nah, that's just a fantasy

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#32 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

lol, bye bye Egypt.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#33 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="jerk-o-tron2000"]

kraychik

YET.

Soon they'll let jews in again and then when they aren't looking BAM kristallnacht

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="kraychik"][QUOTE="Ace6301"] They still abuse Jews so that's not really too different. Back then they at least had some cool mythology. Now they're rolling with the Abrahamic crowd which has incredibly boring myths.THE_DRUGGIE

YET.

Soon they'll let jews in again and then when they aren't looking BAM kristallnacht

:lol:

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 theone86

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]

FrostyPhantasm

People are dumb, insecure, and aggressive as all hell. Certain Religions, institutions, and religious events/philosophies just allow people to channel in a large mass these qualities they already had. These try hards were already violent/sexist/racist/etc. before they joined whichever religion, it just helps them come together as an aggressive community.

Basically this, and there's no shortage of scummy people who will use indidviduals' religious beliefs to push their own ideological agendas. It's exactly why I don't like organized religion, it places too much importance on donctrinal conformity thus making it an easy tool for power-hungry opportunists, and at the same time people allow it to have unlimited importance in their daily lives and refuse to seperate the organizations from their beliefs. The negative consequences aren't a reflection on those beliefs or the culture in general, they're a lamentable aspect of religion in general.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
This is essentially declaring war on Israel.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#37 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I'm sure this won't end well.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 theone86

This is essentially declaring war on Israel.The-Apostle

No it's not, they're not that stupid. They're not going to war with anyone in the state their country is in now, and were that not the case their entire military is still basically Mubarak's old military. The biggest fallout from this might be the military's reaction, actually, seeing as how they're still in control of the country officially and working on the transition of power. It does hamper the possibility of restarting the Palestinian peace process, though, with a former vital negotiating state switching to the "we will own Jerusalem" rhetoric.

Also, this was the equivalent of a campaign speech, not a policy statement.

PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PWSteal_Ldpinch

The song in the video is actually quite revealing. "Come on you lovers of martyrdom. Brandish your weapons. Banish the sleep from the eyes of all Jews."

How do you deter an enemy that wants to be martyred? The glory of Islam is more valuable than human life. What a f*cking disgusting religion.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theone86

The song in the video is actually quite revealing. "Come on you lovers of martyrdom. Brandish your weapons. Banish the sleep from the eyes of all Jews."

How do you deter an enemy that wants to be martyred? The glory of Islam is more valuable than human life. What a f*cking disgusting religion.

PWSteal_Ldpinch

The first step might be to not call Islam a disgusting religion, that's only going to play right into the extremists' narrative.

PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PWSteal_Ldpinch

[QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]

theone86

The first step might be to not call Islam a disgusting religion, that's only going to play right into the extremists' narrative.

No. Religion is so powerful in the middle east because criticism of Islam is restricted by penalty of death. Islam is even starting to become unassailable in the West. What we need is more open criticism of Islam. Insults are the best way to weaken the religion and demoralize Islamic extremists. F*ck Islam and piss be upon Muhammad.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
F*ck religion in general....
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ace6301

[QUOTE="theone86"]

PWSteal_Ldpinch

No. The middle east is the way it is because criticism of Islam is severely restricted. What we need is more open criticism of Islam. I believe that insulting Islam is the best way to weaken and demoralize the religion. F*ck Islam and piss be upon Muhammad.

And here I thought it was the way it is because of the collapse of the Ottoman empire, years of being shafted by the west in negotiations and half a century of funding being given to extremist groups! Global politics and such, you know? But nooooope, It's because we don't insult them enough! If only we had called Hitler a dick more often. Oh why didn't we learn!
juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
For the next THOOOOOUSAND YEEEEEEEEAAAARS!!
PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PWSteal_Ldpinch

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Ace6301

No. The middle east is the way it is because criticism of Islam is severely restricted. What we need is more open criticism of Islam. I believe that insulting Islam is the best way to weaken and demoralize the religion. F*ck Islam and piss be upon Muhammad.

If only we had called Hitler a dick more often. Oh why didn't we learn!

Hitler was not a religious figure. Ever wonder why Muslims react so strongly to insults? Because they know that if criticism of Islam went unpunished, Islam will crumble the same way Christianity crumbled. Muhammad is a cocksucker.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"] No. The middle east is the way it is because criticism of Islam is severely restricted. What we need is more open criticism of Islam. I believe that insulting Islam is the best way to weaken and demoralize the religion. F*ck Islam and piss be upon Muhammad.

PWSteal_Ldpinch

If only we had called Hitler a dick more often. Oh why didn't we learn!

Hitler was not a religious figure. Ever wonder why Muslims react so strongly to insults? Because they know that if criticism of Islam went unpunished, Islam will crumble the same way Christianity crumbled.

The "collapse" of Christianity (I'm assuming you mean the distancing from theocracy in the west) was not caused because people insulted it.
PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PWSteal_Ldpinch

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]If only we had called Hitler a dick more often. Oh why didn't we learn!Ace6301

Hitler was not a religious figure. Ever wonder why Muslims react so strongly to insults? Because they know that if criticism of Islam went unpunished, Islam will crumble the same way Christianity crumbled.

The "collapse" of Christianity (I'm assuming you mean the distancing from theocracy in the west) was not caused because people insulted it.

Criticism and Insults of Christianity had a lot to do with its decline.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Ahhh... Religion. Of course.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Dat Democracy.FrostyPhantasm

Democracy has always been contrary to human progression. This shouldn't be of any surprise.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Ahahahaaa funny when someone becomes a president and he gets sooooooooooo excited. Might as well solve your country problems before killing them :3