music these days..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

what is with music does no one have good taste anymore?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Nothing new in the world of music. There has always been good and bad. Difference is you can find more music on your own then was possible back in the day when you had only what the business released to the media. Enjoy searching....
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
You really don't like anything that's being released today?
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

The quality music of today is no worse than the quality of music 10 or 20 years ago

The ratio of good to bad music has always been the same, and people have always moaned about what you're moaning about.

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flamingpostman
You really don't like anything that's being released today?JML897
yeah its terrible the so called "rap" music is really taking over everyone.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

Not really

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="JML897"]You really don't like anything that's being released today?Flamingpostman

No it's not.:|
Paramorexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Paramorexx
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts
WTF? I have good taste in music :).... In case you didn't notice :P
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]You really don't like anything that's being released today?Flamingpostman

Sure, if all you do is listen to the top 40 stations.

If you made any effort whatsoever to finding good music instead of complaining about how terrible music is, I have a feeling you'd find a lot of stuff you like.

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

So you're complaining about rap music being more popular than you want it to be?
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
Nothing new in the world of music. There has always been good and bad. Difference is you can find more music on your own then was possible back in the day when you had only what the business released to the media. Enjoy searching....LJS9502_basic
Exactly. It's our responsibility to look past what you see on TV and find the good stuff.
Lebbin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#12 Lebbin
Member since 2007 • 2049 Posts

There is very good rap music, you just need to recognize it. I understand the stance you viewing modern music from, and I think you should delve into indie or underground music and stay around from the mainstream. There isn't any more 'bad' music now as there was decades ago, and if anything, with music being easier to discover due to teh internetz, you should be able to find more music that fits you.

ismo2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ismo2009
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts

Every year the world changes, people actually need to stop whining about soulja boy or kanye west. Music is cultural and people have different tastes, some people may like classics and doesnt like new gen. Thats how our brains work and we like something and somethings we dont like :)

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

That's a big exaggeration. There's an entire world of music that you won't know about if you simply turn on BET and think that that's all there is to modern music.

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

Music today is all right if you don't mind being permanently depressed. I mean if you like pretentious indie crap, or tedious overdone metal then fair play. Or Hip Hop or something, but that has no appeal to me so I wouldn't really know. For everyone else, you're going to have to search a lot harder. Anyone who says the music today is the same as it all ways was is talking nonsense. There's no great pure rock bands any more, and everyone is trying so hard to shove some dumb message down your throat, which get's a bit sickening after a while. Why should anyone care about your dull depressing life? How will that make things better for you or anyone else? Pop music is all auto tuned garbage, and while yes there was crap in the past, at least the music wasn't entirely synthetic. Musicians now a days are too far up their own backside to do anything fun with their damn music, and the ones that are get ignored anyway.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts
this is musics golden age imho
Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts
I'm liking todays music, sure not really the mainstream stuff but with the internet and all this is the golden age for the underground and the fringe to really shine.
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#18 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

I'm not such a big fan of the current music that is being produced. The 70's and 80's have a lot of music that I reallyenjoy.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Music today is all right if you don't mind being permanently depressed. I mean if you like pretentious indie crap, or tedious overdone metal then fair play. Or Hip Hop or something, but that has no appeal to me so I wouldn't really know. For everyone else, you're going to have to search a lot harder. Anyone who says the music today is the same as it all ways was is talking nonsense. There's no great pure rock bands any more, and everyone is trying so hard to shove some dumb message down your throat, which get's a bit sickening after a while. Why should anyone care about your dull depressing life? How will that make things better for you or anyone else? Pop music is all auto tuned garbage, and while yes there was crap in the past, at least the music wasn't entirely synthetic. Musicians now a days are too far up their own backside to do anything fun with their damn music, and the ones that are get ignored anyway.

WasntAvailable

Wow I agree with this post entirely, also, LOL at today's music.:P

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Just don't listen to the radio, there is plenty of good music out there you just have to look for it.

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

Hey, I like music these days. Occasionally we get awesome songs..

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lockedge

WasntAvailable
LOL and here come the rockists. Your sense of authenticity is skewed.
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

You are absolutely correct, there is not a single good song these days.

Scr00I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Scr00I
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

Music is amazing today, i must have found thousands of fantantic songs with youtube's related videos section. New releases too.

MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MortgageMan007
Member since 2010 • 875 Posts

what is with music does no one have good taste anymore?

Flamingpostman

This is all you need my friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WasntAvailable

[QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

Lockedge

There's no stand out Jazz or Classical music either. Sense of authenticity? What the hell is that? Think your some kind of amazing music critic with great powers of perception because you think your taste in music is fantastic? Well guess what mate, it's not. It's just like anyone else's, utterly random and subjective. I consider myself sane enough not to want to listen to depressing self indulgent crap, but that's just my taste. Regardless of what your taste in music is it's still complete and utter nonsense to say music has not changed since the 50's,60's,70's etc.

MarioRPGer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27 MarioRPGer
Member since 2005 • 11345 Posts

People who complain that you have to "dig" for good music these days piss me off to no end. With the internet, it is easier than ever to find good music. Get your eyes off the top 40 charts (although there is good music on the charts) and stop being lazy. I like classic rock, but nothing makes me rage more than classic rock junkies sucking on their thumbs, 'pining for the old days'. The old days are over. Stop being ignorant and explore what is out there now.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
\Wow I agree with this post entirely, also, LOL at today's music.:P\mitu123
Hmmm I disagree with it entirely. Seems a generalization.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Taste in music has got to be one of the most subjective topics known to man. I may not like a lot of the music that's out there, but it doesn't mean it's bad. It seems to be popular to think that all music these days is crap, but try giving it a chance.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]\Wow I agree with this post entirely, also, LOL at today's music.:P\LJS9502_basic
Hmmm I disagree with it entirely. Seems a generalization.

Well then, we agree to disagree.:D

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mywalletsgone
Member since 2010 • 1344 Posts

Would you like a sandwich TC? Don't worry, Kurt Cobain would probably think you're cool if he was alive!!

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

"Good" and "bad" music are completely subjective. Just because the majority of OT thinks mainstream music sucks doesn't mean that it actually sucks, because there are people out there that actually like some of it, like me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

Well then, we agree to disagree.:D

mitu123

Indeed. I never like to generalize...including about music.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Mainstream is mainstream. There are some that I like. There are some that I don't like. There's at least one or two keepers that show up every year although the last time I paid attention was back in 2006 (Come Clarity). I'm sure there's still a few that I'll like in the present.

arccommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 arccommander
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

It's funny really how people defend today's music.I agree with you,I don't like today's music.I used to when I was in sixth grade,but then when I heard "old" music it really amazed me and I found out that today's music was nothing special.I'm like probably the only kid in my high school,with a few others,who enjoy what kids in my school call the "old school" music.I know there are some good bands that get no attention,but they are very hard to find as what you get these days is Gaga,Green Day,Bieber and other "artists".I mean even Eminem has lost his touch.He wasn't the best rapper,but he made some really good stuff in his early days.Now,he's like the majority of artists these days,nothing special and no wow factor.Oh and ifanyone does know good bands from today's era,please let me know.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

What kind of music do you like TC?

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

Like it's been said before. Go look for new music that you actually like.
and when going to "dig", MarioRPGer is right:

With the internet, it is easier than ever to find good music.

MarioRPGer

Unless you're absolutely uninterested in moving beyond some of the "cIassic rock" sounds of the 70's/80's, you shouldn't have any problems.

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Flamingpostman

I'm not such a big fan of the current music that is being produced. The 70's and 80's have a lot of music that I reallyenjoy.

shoot-first
agreed my favorite is the 90s hip hop with nas and stff like that not this "go hard" and "get money lies that they say in their songs today
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Flamingpostman

i find great music now i just hate hearing all this stuff with "lil wayne" so wack

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
Music is better than ever. ;)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

It's funny really how people defend today's music.I agree with you,I don't like today's music.I used to when I was in sixth grade,but then when I heard "old" music it really amazed me and I found out that today's music was nothing special.I'm like probably the only kid in my high school,with a few others,who enjoy what kids in my school call the "old school" music.I know there are some good bands that get no attention,but they are very hard to find as what you get these days is Gaga,Green Day,Bieber and other "artists".I mean even Eminem has lost his touch.He wasn't the best rapper,but he made some really good stuff in his early days.Now,he's like the majority of artists these days,nothing special and no wow factor.Oh and ifanyone does know good bands from today's era,please let me know.

arccommander
There is more to today's music than you will find on the radio or TV....
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lockedge

[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

WasntAvailable

There's no stand out Jazz or Classical music either. Sense of authenticity? What the hell is that? Think your some kind of amazing music critic with great powers of perception because you think your taste in music is fantastic? Well guess what mate, it's not. It's just like anyone else's, utterly random and subjective. I consider myself sane enough not to want to listen to depressing self indulgent crap, but that's just my taste. Regardless of what your taste in music is it's still complete and utter nonsense to say music has not changed since the 50's,60's,70's etc.

You make a note about how "There's no great pure rock bands any more" and how "music wasn't entirely synthetic" back in the day. I can assure you that musicians today are just as pure as the ones back, then, at least in 'rock bands'. What is synthetic anyways? Ever since recording technology came around, music has been synthetic. The only difference is in the aesthetics and the instruments. I'm not saying it's bad to have disdain for today's music. But calling it less pure and more synthetic is laughable and it falls in line with the whole rockist notion that modern music as a whole can't compare to older music because it's less authentic(pure, sincere, organic, etc.). Music HAS changed over time, absolutely, and argue the quality all you want in general. That's subjective. Don't argue the characteristics of a genre though. I don't think myself a great music critic. I just hate when people go on about how X genre is worse these days, no bands these days can stack up to old music. That's hardly accurate, and that's what I find absurd. My taste in music is equal to yours, and everyone else in the world, but I'm willing to give music from all eras a chance without writing any off. Sorry, it's just a bit of a pet peeve pf mine. A bunch of my friends are classic rock hard-on pros who won't listen to anything else and who declare their hatred for everything outside of the 1960-1985 period..
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

I hate that everything in smothered in electronics....

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WasntAvailable

What I'm sick of the most out of all things is that what people really mean by, "You've got to dig for music on the internet.", is really go listen to Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, Tool, Perfect Circle etc half the time (Also, do you realise how pretentious you soundactuallysaying that? It's really embarrassing.). Now they arn't bad bands really, in fact I enjoy listening to them occasionally, but people listen to these bands a lot and strangely these same people seem to be the ones who complain about how damn depressed they are. Hey guys, ever tried listening to something that might actually consistently entertain you? The other half are the ones who go on about bands like Arcade Fire. One of the most boring bands I have ever heard in my life. To be fair, it was only three tracks on Jools Holland, but wow they sucked really hard. The front man looked like a nazi (on purpose), and they had a transvestite drummer type thing for some reason, as well as a proper drummer. I've never seen something so stupid in my life, but there only purpose was to distract from how boring the music actually was. Their performance was dire. Maybe I'm not judging them fairly, but for all the hype they have received I kind of expected one half decent track in a live performance. I hate these bands that have 10 members for no reason as well, it's so over indulgent and pointless. Half the time the members were sitting and doing nothing while 3 guys did all the work. They had 2 violinists, and you couldn't even hear them. That was possibly the most pathetic part. Then you get told to dig deeper and you get yet more depressing copycat bands that someone will hype to the high heavens as one of the most underrated things ever. Or you get stuff like the Mars Volta, which is like having acid poured through your ears and into your brain, and I mean that in a bad way. Or you get some unpronounceable metal band that sound just like the last one you heard 5 minutes ago. And people wonder why guys like me are craving a new decent rock and roll band, or at least something with a bit of semi-positive energy. I'm so sick of these poser musicians. What you people don't seem too understand is it's not even the lack of quality that bothers guys like me, it's the complete and utter lack of any diversity without going off wildly into avant garde stupid territory.

PerfectCircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PerfectCircles
Member since 2009 • 2359 Posts
I'm quite happy with the new music I come across. The internet makes it incredibly easy to find exactly the type of music your into.
ex-mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 ex-mortis
Member since 2009 • 1599 Posts

What I'm sick of the most out of all things is that what people really mean by, "You've got to dig for music on the internet.", is really go listen to Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, Tool, Perfect Circle etc half the time (Also, do you realise how pretentious you soundactuallysaying that? It's really embarrassing.). Now they arn't bad bands really, in fact I enjoy listening to them occasionally, but people listen to these bands a lot and strangely these same people seem to be the ones who complain about how damn depressed they are. Hey guys, ever tried listening to something that might actually consistently entertain you? The other half are the ones who go on about bands like Arcade Fire. One of the most boring bands I have ever heard in my life. To be fair, it was only three tracks on Jools Holland, but wow they sucked really hard. The front man looked like a nazi (on purpose), and they had a transvestite drummer type thing for some reason, as well as a proper drummer. I've never seen something so stupid in my life, but there only purpose was to distract from how boring the music actually was. Their performance was dire. Maybe I'm not judging them fairly, but for all the hype they have received I kind of expected one half decent track in a live performance. I hate these bands that have 10 members for no reason as well, it's so over indulgent and pointless. Half the time the members were sitting and doing nothing while 3 guys did all the work. They had 2 violinists, and you couldn't even hear them. That was possibly the most pathetic part. Then you get told to dig deeper and you get yet more depressing copycat bands that someone will hype to the high heavens as one of the most underrated things ever. Or you get stuff like the Mars Volta, which is like having acid poured through your ears and into your brain, and I mean that in a bad way. Or you get some unpronounceable metal band that sound just like the last one you heard 5 minutes ago. And people wonder why guys like me are craving a new decent rock and roll band, or at least something with a bit of semi-positive energy. I'm so sick of these poser musicians. What you people don't seem too understand is it's not even the lack of quality that bothers guys like me, it's the complete and utter lack of any diversity without going off wildly into avant garde stupid territory.

WasntAvailable

Why are you so angry? And why do you need a "new" rock and roll band to come along? Listen to the old ones you enjoy. In fact there are probably plenty more you haven't even heard of yet just waiting to be discovered.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

Music is so God awful now i cant even turn the radio on with out immediately shutting it off . Music is nothing but corporate fake people like gaga and lil wayne who are so talentless their taking the spot light of real Artist out there . Musics lost its soul and there is still good music you just have to search .

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WasntAvailable

[QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

[QUOTE="Lockedge"] LOL and here come the rockists. Your sense of authenticity is skewed.Lockedge

You make a note about how "There's no great pure rock bands any more" and how "music wasn't entirely synthetic" back in the day. I can assure you that musicians today are just as pure as the ones back, then, at least in 'rock bands'. What is synthetic anyways? Ever since recording technology came around, music has been synthetic. The only difference is in the aesthetics and the instruments.I'm not saying it's bad to have disdain for today's music. But calling it less pure and more synthetic is laughable and it falls in line with the whole rockist notion that modern music as a whole can't compare to older music because it's less authentic(pure, sincere, organic, etc.).

Music HAS changed over time, absolutely, and argue the quality all you want in general. That's subjective. Don't argue the characteristics of a genre though. I don't think myself a great music critic. I just hate when people go on about how X genre is worse these days, no bands these days can stack up to old music. That's hardly accurate, and that's what I find absurd. My taste in music is equal to yours, and everyone else in the world, but I'm willing to give music from all eras a chance without writing any off. Sorry, it's just a bit of a pet peeve pf mine. A bunch of my friends are classic rock hard-on pros who won't listen to anything else and who declare their hatred for everything outside of the 1960-1985 period..

Pure means complete as in a total rock and roll band, like Led Zepplin or the Rolling Stones. You're reading in to it too much. Synthetic means synthetic vocals, as pointed out in the bolded parts, again your going off on a tangent that means nothing.

My problem is not with the concepts of purity, I'm fairly open to new ideas and genres, but what bothers me is the whine of modern rock music. Less virtuosity, which isn't that important for all good rock bands, but when you replace good musicianship with crappy indulgent depressing lyrics about how the world is falling or some crap, or how **** some guys life is, that is when it starts to bug me. When musicianship does come in to these bands don't have any self control, and it ends up sounding like crap. That would be the majority of metal artists. Bands now a days are either too minimalistic or too over the top, there's no balance, and they are all starting to sound the same because they endlessly copy each other. Artists are too afraid to innovate, to far up their own hero's asses to attempt to take it one step further. Always playing it safe. Now there's probably a few bands that are the exception to this rule, but it just dosn't seem as common as it has been in the past. The late 80's, 90's had some fairly good bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Sonic Youth etc, but what the hell has the 00's got that people will remember 10 years down the line?

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WasntAvailable

Why are you so angry? And why do you need a "new" rock and roll band to come along? Listen to the old ones you enjoy. In fact there are probably plenty more you haven't even heard of yet just waiting to be discovered.

ex-mortis

I discover new artists every day, but listening to an album or song is nothing compared to actually seeing an excellent live band.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

WasntAvailable

You make a note about how "There's no great pure rock bands any more" and how "music wasn't entirely synthetic" back in the day. I can assure you that musicians today are just as pure as the ones back, then, at least in 'rock bands'. What is synthetic anyways? Ever since recording technology came around, music has been synthetic. The only difference is in the aesthetics and the instruments.I'm not saying it's bad to have disdain for today's music. But calling it less pure and more synthetic is laughable and it falls in line with the whole rockist notion that modern music as a whole can't compare to older music because it's less authentic(pure, sincere, organic, etc.).

Music HAS changed over time, absolutely, and argue the quality all you want in general. That's subjective. Don't argue the characteristics of a genre though. I don't think myself a great music critic. I just hate when people go on about how X genre is worse these days, no bands these days can stack up to old music. That's hardly accurate, and that's what I find absurd. My taste in music is equal to yours, and everyone else in the world, but I'm willing to give music from all eras a chance without writing any off. Sorry, it's just a bit of a pet peeve pf mine. A bunch of my friends are classic rock hard-on pros who won't listen to anything else and who declare their hatred for everything outside of the 1960-1985 period..

Pure means complete as in a total rock and roll band, like Led Zepplin or the Rolling Stones. You're reading in to it too much. Synthetic means synthetic vocals, as pointed out in the bolded parts, again your going off on a tangent that means nothing.

My problem is not with the concepts of purity, I'm fairly open to new ideas and genres, but what bothers me is the whine of modern rock music. Less virtuosity, which isn't that important for all good rock bands, but when you replace good musicianship with crappy indulgent depressing lyrics about how the world is falling or some crap, or how **** some guys life is, that is when it starts to bug me. When musicianship does come in to these bands don't have any self control, and it ends up sounding like crap. That would be the majority of metal artists. Bands now a days are either too minimalistic or too over the top, there's no balance, and they are all starting to sound the same because they endlessly copy each other. Artists are too afraid to innovate, to far up their own hero's asses to attempt to take it one step further. Always playing it safe. Now there's probably a few bands that are the exception to this rule, but it just dosn't seem as common as it has been in the past. The late 80's, 90's had some fairly good bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Sonic Youth etc, but what the hell has the 00's got that people will remember 10 years down the line?

I need to ask this " what the hell happened to guitar solos ?" Can people these days not do them i mean come on ... "