Mozilla CEO resigns following Prop 8 support criticism

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:
@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Can't two people continue to like each other AND have different views on specific issues, as long as neither parties holds some extreme views on any given issue that would render him a broken human being? For **** sake themajormayor is, to my limited knowledge of him, a pro-Israel Jew and we get along pretty well, far better than I get along with some users whom I disagree with on trivial issues in comparison to the existential antagonism the two of us possibly share. Besides that, why exactly should I shut the **** up when it comes to gay rights? What are "gay rights" anyway? Gays should be given the privilege of being regular citizens. They're entitled to their sexuality which should not be taken into account in public life. They are to get married and to possibly take part in any legally recognized social institution. Beyond that society owes them nothing. So why all the fuss the LGBT movement is making? You have LGBT studies departments, interest groups, professors and people dedicating their entire lives to the "cause of LGBT people" lol. I may not be fully knowledgeable on the workings of western societies, but can't the government and its public institutions take care of that in the blink of an eye? I'm failing to express my exact point here, but what I'm trying to say is why has homosexuality been made such a high profile case in the first place? Could it be boredom? Or a desire for keeping the public occupied with something? I personally don't know.

With that said, I am unable to conceive the alleged extremism and irrationality of my views. I think I said it at least once before that if I were an American citizen right now and were asked to vote on legalizing gay marriage, I would choose not to vote altogether. On the one hand, I am not too fond of homosexuality that I do not deny nor should I, and on the other I still don't think I have the right to shape the American society or to give or take away rights of any variety. So I ask you rather friendly, what is so outlandish and absurd about my views on gay rights that should force me to shut the **** up when it comes to that social issue? I may not "approve" of homosexuality, but if you swiftly survey society in your head you will realize that there exists an almost infinite number of lawfully and possibly benignly conceived practices that you are not too fond of for one reason or the other. You almost certainly won't attempt to fundamentally alter or abolish them but you will still disapprove of them and you may occasionally voice that dissent. In that regard, we're all on the same boat so it is not of anybody's interest to establish any kind of despotic status quo.

As long as I feel motivated enough to post anything related to homosexuality I will continue to do so to the best of my ability. At times I may fail and at others I may succeed in both conveying my thoughts appropriately and bringing something of substance to the table. It would be rather unfortunate if some people chose to "abolish" me and shun me from the realm of rationality because of it.

You honestly think that your views aren't extreme? Wasn't that long ago you were arguing that gays shouldn't be allowed in public. You are yet to make a single rational argument, everything you've said is based on either lies or false assumptions.

You complain that people are trying to silence you, yet what you're trying to do go way beyond trying to silence people. You are a hypocrite.

I believe I made it clear that I was not proposing such a thing as infallible and wholly truthful and right. I made a proposition based on a certain rationale and the whole thing just did not fly well with you. I failed to persuade you so I stepped back and asked you to carry on, business as usual. At the same time you haven't convinced me either so we ended up evening out. And I don't recall lying to be honest with you. Lying about what exactly? Is this now blatant and unfounded slander? I may assumed wrongly which isn't really an issue considering how I never claimed to have acquired the absolute truth on the matter, but I don't know where the lies part is coming from.

I'm not complaining that people are trying to silence me simply because it would be meaningless, given how you don't have the kind of authority to silence me in the first place.

Lies such as allowing kids near gays will turn them gay.

You seem unable to understand what a theory or a hypothesis is.

Actually I do. A theory is something that has been tested, it's pretty much as close to a fact as you can get. A hypothesis is a proposed explanation that is yet to be tested. There is no evidence to suggest your hypothesis is correct.

Like I said in the other thread, don't pretend that science is on your side.

Which is the point I was making genius, that I never claimed that "allowing kids near gays will turn them gay". Instead, I only expressed the possibility of confusing and influencing their still-in-development sexual identity.

So gays should be banned from public because of a very tiny chance that your baseless hypothesis may be correct?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:
@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Can't two people continue to like each other AND have different views on specific issues, as long as neither parties holds some extreme views on any given issue that would render him a broken human being? For **** sake themajormayor is, to my limited knowledge of him, a pro-Israel Jew and we get along pretty well, far better than I get along with some users whom I disagree with on trivial issues in comparison to the existential antagonism the two of us possibly share. Besides that, why exactly should I shut the **** up when it comes to gay rights? What are "gay rights" anyway? Gays should be given the privilege of being regular citizens. They're entitled to their sexuality which should not be taken into account in public life. They are to get married and to possibly take part in any legally recognized social institution. Beyond that society owes them nothing. So why all the fuss the LGBT movement is making? You have LGBT studies departments, interest groups, professors and people dedicating their entire lives to the "cause of LGBT people" lol. I may not be fully knowledgeable on the workings of western societies, but can't the government and its public institutions take care of that in the blink of an eye? I'm failing to express my exact point here, but what I'm trying to say is why has homosexuality been made such a high profile case in the first place? Could it be boredom? Or a desire for keeping the public occupied with something? I personally don't know.

With that said, I am unable to conceive the alleged extremism and irrationality of my views. I think I said it at least once before that if I were an American citizen right now and were asked to vote on legalizing gay marriage, I would choose not to vote altogether. On the one hand, I am not too fond of homosexuality that I do not deny nor should I, and on the other I still don't think I have the right to shape the American society or to give or take away rights of any variety. So I ask you rather friendly, what is so outlandish and absurd about my views on gay rights that should force me to shut the **** up when it comes to that social issue? I may not "approve" of homosexuality, but if you swiftly survey society in your head you will realize that there exists an almost infinite number of lawfully and possibly benignly conceived practices that you are not too fond of for one reason or the other. You almost certainly won't attempt to fundamentally alter or abolish them but you will still disapprove of them and you may occasionally voice that dissent. In that regard, we're all on the same boat so it is not of anybody's interest to establish any kind of despotic status quo.

As long as I feel motivated enough to post anything related to homosexuality I will continue to do so to the best of my ability. At times I may fail and at others I may succeed in both conveying my thoughts appropriately and bringing something of substance to the table. It would be rather unfortunate if some people chose to "abolish" me and shun me from the realm of rationality because of it.

You honestly think that your views aren't extreme? Wasn't that long ago you were arguing that gays shouldn't be allowed in public. You are yet to make a single rational argument, everything you've said is based on either lies or false assumptions.

You complain that people are trying to silence you, yet what you're trying to do go way beyond trying to silence people. You are a hypocrite.

I believe I made it clear that I was not proposing such a thing as infallible and wholly truthful and right. I made a proposition based on a certain rationale and the whole thing just did not fly well with you. I failed to persuade you so I stepped back and asked you to carry on, business as usual. At the same time you haven't convinced me either so we ended up evening out. And I don't recall lying to be honest with you. Lying about what exactly? Is this now blatant and unfounded slander? I may assumed wrongly which isn't really an issue considering how I never claimed to have acquired the absolute truth on the matter, but I don't know where the lies part is coming from.

I'm not complaining that people are trying to silence me simply because it would be meaningless, given how you don't have the kind of authority to silence me in the first place.

Actually I do. A theory is something that has been tested, it's pretty much as close to a fact as you can get. A hypothesis is a proposed explanation that is yet to be tested. There is no evidence to suggest your hypothesis is correct.

Which is the point I was making genius, that I never claimed that "allowing kids near gays will turn them gay". Instead, I only expressed the possibility of confusing and influencing their still-in-development sexual identity.

So gays should be banned from public because of a very tiny chance that your baseless hypothesis may be correct?

I failed to persuade you any different, you were not convinced so I'm not going to shove it down your throat. Have it your way.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:
@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

I'm going to agree with everyone else here in that your position is basically only standing upon a foundation of misinformation

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
@reaper4278 said:

Calling someone a *** for being homosexual is undeniably wrong, having a value system that does not include giving homosexuality the credibility of marriage is not. It is simply a point of view.

Now that's something, a homophobe with manners.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I'm not a racist I just believe blacks shouldn't marry whites nor use our water fountains, washrooms, and restaurants. This is simply my point of view and if you call me racist you're not being tolerant of my opinion because reasons.

/conservative logic

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

And Gaza, sorry bro I'm not going to read that gigantic essay you wrote because to be honest I don't care. Nothing personal I just skip over long posts 90% of the time. The reason why I think you shouldn't comment on gay rights is because like you said you have no experience and are far removed from the LGBTQ movement. Same reason why I don't ever talk about stuff like economics or the whole Israel/Palestine thing - I just don't know enough to offer a compelling opinion. Unlike some other people I don't think your views on the matter is borne out of hatred or anything like that but rather ignorance so I don't think you're a homophobe.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

I'm not a racist I just believe blacks shouldn't marry whites nor use our water fountains, washrooms, and restaurants. This is simply my point of view and if you call me racist you're not being tolerant of my opinion because reasons.

/conservative logic

Sweeping generalizations LMAO.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts
@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@Aljosa23 said:

/conservative logic

Not tolerating hate is not "intolerance."

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@-Rhett81- said:
@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@Aljosa23 said:

/conservative logic

Not tolerating hate is not "intolerance."

So if you're not a lib then you are a racist who supports segregation? Makes sense.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

I see no problem with bigots being ridiculed.

Calling someone a *** for being homosexual is undeniably wrong, having a value system that does not include giving homosexuality the credibility of marriage is not. It is simply a point of view.

I guess it is a point of view, in the same light as thinking black people should use separate bathrooms is a point of view.

If your value system dictates that you deny people rights then maybe its time to re evaluate your values.