Most Underrated Superheroes.

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

swatsickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 swatsickle
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

So, of course there's tons of movies coming out with a superhero in each one, but there are seriously some good super heroes that don't even get the noteriety they deserve.

Green Arrow

Yeah, the hero premise of him being a dude who runs around with a bow and arrow may seem a little cheesy, but his personality is awesome.

He's kind of an anti-hero, or a tough guy, a lot like Batman and Wolverine who have some kind of 'attitude problem' on the surface, but underneath are very deep and morally complex.

They should make a movie out of this guy, instead we get junk like Fantastic Four.

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

Static Shock.

I miss that cartoon.

Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

Dr. Manhattan

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

Cable. One of the most powerful superheroes to ever grace the Marvel universe, not to mention his vastly superior intelligence and ability to (almost) understand Deadpool on a level very few people do. The man created his own freaking continent for Lee's sake!

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
Ant Man he is teh greatest!
swatsickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 swatsickle

Cable. One of the most powerful superheroes to ever grace the Marvel universe, not to mention his vastly superior intelligence and ability to (almost) understand Deadpool on a level very few people do. The man created his own freaking continent for Lee's sake!

jubino

Yeah, I think Cable is underrated as well.

johnnystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#7 johnnystarr
Member since 2006 • 868 Posts

Moonknight

he was pretty badass when he was teamed up with the punisher

GamerTron0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 GamerTron0
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts

It would have to be Shazam or also known captain marvel in other circles.

h1dd3n5had0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 h1dd3n5had0w
Member since 2005 • 2141 Posts

Powered Toast Man!!!!!!:P

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

All any "superhero" could ever do is fill a void in in your own life that you never felt you could fill yourself. Superheroes are Escapist (TM) filler. Get a life and stop living in the realm of fantasy.

spoofnutz
That's all fine and dandy until you realize that reality sucks. That's why we have things like this and movies, so we don't all go crazy. The same thing could be said about typing on OT as well, Mr. Spoof.
spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 spoofnutz
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts

[QUOTE="spoofnutz"]

All any "superhero" could ever do is fill a void in in your own life that you never felt you could fill yourself. Superheroes are Escapist (TM) filler. Get a life and stop living in the realm of fantasy.

jubino

That's all fine and dandy until you realize that reality sucks. That's why we have things like this and movies, so we don't all go crazy. The same thing could be said about typing on OT as well, Mr. Spoof.

Reality does not suck- It is what you make of it. Anyone has the power to see the woods beyond the trees.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

jubino
"For Lee's sake" was such a great pun/play on words.
swatsickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 swatsickle

spoofnutz

What? I don't watch superhero movies because I'm trying to escape reality? I watch them to be entertained.

Honestly, you're reading far to into it, philosopher-boy.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

spoofnutz
The irony of that statement on a gaming forum is significant.
Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

[QUOTE="spoofnutz"]

warbmxjohn

The irony of that statement on a gaming forum is significant.

Ownage approved!

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

jubino

He is far from under-rated.....

Deadpool is very underrated outside of the hardcore Marvel fans but I guess with the up coming movie, he will become mainstream garbage. :( So my vote will go to, Scarlet Spider or one of the lesser known Justice League members like Question.

swatsickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 swatsickle

[QUOTE="swatsickle"]

[QUOTE="spoofnutz"]

spoofnutz

What? I don't watch superhero movies because I'm trying to escape reality? I watch them to be entertained.

Honestly, you're reading far to into it, philosopher-boy.

Spend countless hours of your life entertaining yourself, and then tell me, what have you accomplished? Did those countless hours enlighten you on the nature of the world, or did your brain just vegetate in a state of "entertainment bliss"?

Yeah, go ahead and try avoiding anything that may amuse or 'entertain' you and you'll realize just how miserable you'll become without some form of culture, whatever it be.

And it doesn't take 'countless' hours to watch a movie, it usually takes about 2. If you don't find a way to entertain yourself, you'll become stressed and will age faster and will become much more miserable, and then you won't want to 'enlighten yourself on the nature of the world' at all.

How about both? How about I spend some time entertaining myself and also spend some time enlightening myself? You are seriously overthinking this, dude.

-Misanthropic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Misanthropic-
Member since 2009 • 3603 Posts

Sorry, I passed out due to extreme drunkenness for a while (not sure how long). The bottom line is, any form of escapist entertainment is a lost cause, as it does not address real-world Human issues at all, but rather alienates one from reality. More often than not, the 2 hours you spent watching a movie was 2 hours spent watching Hollywood escapist trash, and not a movie which highlights real issues going on in the world. I fail to understand your argument... are you suggesting that ignorance is a pathway to longevity? Wut?!

spoofnutz

Time you enjoyed wasting was not time wasted :)

spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spoofnutz

[QUOTE="spoofnutz"]

Sorry, I passed out due to extreme drunkenness for a while (not sure how long). The bottom line is, any form of escapist entertainment is a lost cause, as it does not address real-world Human issues at all, but rather alienates one from reality. More often than not, the 2 hours you spent watching a movie was 2 hours spent watching Hollywood escapist trash, and not a movie which highlights real issues going on in the world. I fail to understand your argument... are you suggesting that ignorance is a pathway to longevity? Wut?!

-Misanthropic-

Time you enjoyed wasting was not time wasted :)

Sorry about that. Would you like to continue? (give me 5 minutes to smoke a fat one)...

-Misanthropic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Misanthropic-
Member since 2009 • 3603 Posts

Sorry about that. Would you like to continue?

spoofnutz

With my life? I would, yes.

*Leaves*

spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 spoofnutz

[QUOTE="spoofnutz"]

Sorry about that. Would you like to continue?

-Misanthropic-

With my life? I would, yes.

*Leaves*

OK, I'm here. Let the Lefty version of Frost/Nixon begin...

spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spoofnutz

*leaves* did he bail? Would anyone else care to take his place?

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I'd agree with the Green Arrow.
spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 spoofnutz

Life is like a bottle of booze. One moment you are king, and the next moment you are puking in the River Ouse...

Skeleton--Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Skeleton--Man
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

ME, i am very underrated

AZtown860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AZtown860
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

Joker

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

Burnt Face Man, of course:P

jazzkrotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jazzkrotch
Member since 2009 • 827 Posts

Where is Fried Ego Man when you need him?

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

Spider-Ham :D

yay

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

jubino
Then you mean X-Man, because Cable is a weaker version(Due to the legacy virus) of X-Man(Nathan Grey).
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

Jesse Custer from Preacher

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Captain Atom - Issues 1-50 from the 80's

Captain Marvel (Shazam)

FireStorm

Adam Strange

The Spectre

The Question (mostly from the 80's)

swatsickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 swatsickle

spoofnutz

What?!

Seriously, dude. It's just a movie, you're kind of making a big deal out of nothing.

Just because I'm watching X-Men instead of Capote doesn't mean I'm doing the world some kind of diservice.

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#38 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

jubino

Cable and Deadpool was a cool comic with a depressing ending....

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Too Much Coffee Man? Just kidding, it's actually Squirrel Girl
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Night Crawler Favorite X man
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts

[QUOTE="jubino"]

mexicangordo

Deadpool is very underrated outside of the hardcore Marvel fans but I guess with the up coming movie, he will become mainstream garbage. :( So my vote will go to, Scarlet Spider or one of the lesser known Justice League members like Question.

i was gonna say deadpool darn :x

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

I would say Thor (the old regular non rune non odinforceversion) isby far is one of the most underrated heroes outside of his own comic. While in the confines of his own comic Thor has demonstrated abilities and powers far beyond those of anysuper-poweredpersonwith the exception ofthe most cosmically uber-powered beings. After Odin took over the indestrucible Destroyer armor and pulled out the Odin Sword (an act which would cause Ragnarok if any other being other than himself would do so) he was handily swatted away by the Celestials with little effort. Yet Thor managed to impale one of the Celestials with the Odin Sword as well as knock down one of them. If you know anything about Celestials that's is really saying something.

Yet outside of his comic when he is mixed with other super heroes, he tends to just be that strong guy with the hammer who couldn't hold his own against the likes of The Hulk or Superman. They've tried to be better about it over the years, but still he tends to be shunted to the side and given a rather meek treatment when in my eyes, once he gets going Thor is the strongest hero there is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
The Question from Justice league unlimited, he was awesome.
StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#44 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

XD4NTESINF3RNOX

I hope he becomes mainstream so people see what the hell they did to him in the movie. It's just not right....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 194197844077667059316682358889

I would say Thor (the old regular non rune non odinforceversion) isby far is one of the most underrated heroes outside of his own comic. While in the confines of his own comic Thor has demonstrated abilities and powers far beyond those of anysuper-poweredpersonwith the exception ofthe most cosmically uber-powered beings. After Odin took over the indestrucible Destroyer armor and pulled out the Odin Sword (an act which would cause Ragnarok if any other being other than himself would do so) he was handily swatted away by the Celestials with little effort. Yet Thor managed to impale one of the Celestials with the Odin Sword as well as knock down one of them. If you know anything about Celestials that's is really saying something.

Yet outside of his comic when he is mixed with other super heroes, he tends to just be that strong guy with the hammer who couldn't hold his own against the likes of The Hulk or Superman. They've tried to be better about it over the years, but still he tends to be shunted to the side and given a rather meek treatment when in my eyes, once he gets going Thor is the strongest hero there is.

Lord_Daemon
He also once crached open Arishem's (of the Celestials) armor O_O There was a great bit in the 70's Avengers comic where Moondragon kept pestering him saying "Why are you hanging out with these lame-o mortals" and he eventually admitted that he held himself back so as not to totally overshadow and dominate the other Avengers. Even better was when he recently returned and found that Tony Stark had made a clone of him, kicked the ever-living crap out of Iron Man and Iron Man gasped something about Thor having gotten stronger and Thor just saying something on the lines of "No, I'm a god; you've just never seen me angry before"
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

The Question from Justice league unlimited, he was awesome.123625

Aha, thirty-TWO flavors!

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

[QUOTE="xaos] He also once crached open Arishem's (of the Celestials) armor O_O There was a great bit in the 70's Avengers comic where Moondragon kept pestering him saying "Why are you hanging out with these lame-o mortals" and he eventually admitted that he held himself back so as not to totally overshadow and dominate the other Avengers. Even better was when he recently returned and found that Tony Stark had made a clone of him, kicked the ever-living crap out of Iron Man and Iron Man gasped something about Thor having gotten stronger and Thor just saying something on the lines of "No, I'm a god; you've just never seen me angry before"

Indeed I do believe it was Arishem (who was doing his judgement thing) that Thor knocked down which has never happened before or since. That's the problem that writers have with Thor is that they like to wildly fluctuate his power. On his own against all the most powerful creatures in the galaxy Thor does amazingly powerful feats the likes befitting his godhood stature. With other superheroes he is just kind that flying strong guy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 194197844077667059316682358889

Indeed I do believe it was Arishem (who was doing his judgement thing) that Thor knocked down which has never happened before or since. That's the problem that writers have with Thor is that they like to wildly fluctuate his power. On his own against all the most powerful creatures in the galaxy Thor does amazingly powerful feats the likes befitting his godhood stature. With other superheroes he is just kind that flying strong guy.

Lord_Daemon
Yeah, I was referring to a subsequent encounter from the 80's on some other planet that the Celestials were judging, where Thor smashed into his armor using Mjolnir, though it didn't have nearly the oomf of the issue you are referring to, Thor #300. That was pretty spectacular, because it took the previous 20 or so years of Thor comics and managed to tie nearly every plot thread from that time into a prequel for the Fourth Host of the Celestials.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Thor Iron Fist The whole Agents of Atlas team Deadpool Namor
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="123625"]The Question from Justice league unlimited, he was awesome.Oleg_Huzwog

Aha, thirty-TWO flavors!

Orange Socks