Most hated movie characters?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

Some film characters are bad people, but others are just horrible. These are my most hated.

1. Albert Spica from The Cook, the thief, his wife, and her lover

http://reelsuave.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/cook-thief.jpg

He is one of the most disgusting movie characters ever. Michael Gambon is an amazing actor. He really makes me hate Albert. This is one of the best and most disturbing films I have ever seen though it is hard to find.

2. Commodus from Gladiator

http://content9.flixster.com/poll/46/60/46603_std.jpg

I kinda understand why he is who he is. His motivations make him a bit sympathetic but he is such a jerk.

3. Ms. Carmody from The Mist

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/TTCarmody.jpg

4. Nurse Ratchet from One flew over the cuckoo's nest

http://madmonq.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/nurse-ratched.jpg

5. Amon Goeth from Schindler's list

http://konewa.blox.pl/resource/AmonGoeth.jpg

There are others, I just can't think of them right now. These are just 5 random choices.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

For some reason, I can't think of anyone else.

cheeselover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cheeselover
Member since 2006 • 2091 Posts
good call with numbers 3 and 4 especially.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Elle Driver in Kill Bill was a total *****. :P
MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

Chick Hicks... that stupid car...

Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
John Conner-Terminator 2. such an annoying voice
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Your #3 would be my number one. She ruined, to me, what would have been a good movie....
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Lil' Ze from City of God and the warden from Shawshank Redemption
TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheGrayEye
Member since 2006 • 2579 Posts

I agree with Commedus from Gladiator. I just wanted Russel Crowe to walk up to him and ***** slap him right in the face. He had such a weasel and devious attitude, Phoneix did a good job of making me hate him in that movie lol.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

Film guy COMPLETELY covered it for me. Wait, also add the guy that Daniel Craig murdered in Defiance. The guy that felt the people who hunt should get the bigger share.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I forgot...throughout There Will Be Blood, I wanted to punch Eli in the face the whole time. [spoiler] This made the ending so much better for me. [/spoiler]
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Film-Guy

Your #3 would be my number one. She ruined, to me, what would have been a good movie....tocool340

I think she made it better. Marcia Gay harden is a very underrated actress and she portrayed her character perfectly. She added the dramatic tension the film needed.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Film-Guy

I forgot...throughout There Will Be Blood, I wanted to punch Eli in the face the whole time. [spoiler] This made the ending so much better for me. [/spoiler] JML897

I think Paul Dano played Eli very well.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tocool340

Rachel

How can I forget little rachel from war of the worlds? Her screaming through the movie probably made her the most annoying character I've ever seen....

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Film-Guy

Film guy COMPLETELY covered it for me. Wait, also add the guy that Daniel Craig murdered in Defiance. The guy that felt the people who hunt should get the bigger share.

clayron

I never saw Defiance. I think I avoided it because I dont like the director Edward Zwick much. He always has characters take way too long to die in that very cheesy and melodramatic way. His films tend to be very cliche, though I thought Glory was pretty good. Matthew Broderick was miscast but I thought it was probably his best film. Have you seen The Cook, the thief, his wife, and her lover? I don't know anyone here who has.

TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheGrayEye

Rachel

How can I forget little rachel from war of the worlds? Her screaming through the movie probably made her the most annoying character I've ever seen....

tocool340

I WANT MOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
You're right on the money about Commedus, Film_Guy. He's a murderer, unjust, and a coward, yet he becomes Emeperor of Rome?! I was so glad at the ending when he gets owned by Maximus.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enterawesome
[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

Rachel

GAAWWDD... So annoying. I thought it was a good movie too, but that girl was a jerk. What did mom do for you, Rachel? Who saved your life countless times and was there for you when you most needed it? Not mom, DAD. Why is she so ungrateful?
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Percy from the green mile, he just made me want to choke him. Gertrude from An American Crime and Ruth from The Girl Next Door. Both of those characters were based off the same person, and they both made me sick. Ruth was worse I think, the whole tone of the movie was pretty vile though.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Jar Jar Binks almost made an entire legion of Star Wars geeks trash their collectibles and rip out action figures from their unopened packages.

Paige Edwards (Paris Hilton) from House of Wax marks the first time people paid to see an actress die in her first major movie role.

Edward Cullen turned Blade into a saviour among the male crowd.

TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheGrayEye

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

Rachel

enterawesome

GAAWWDD... So annoying. I thought it was a good movie too, but that girl was a jerk. What did mom do for you, Rachel? Who saved your life countless times and was there for you when you most needed it? Not mom, DAD. Why is she so ungrateful?

I know right. It's like she expects the pope of the galaxy (aka Dad), to teleport her using the power of his amazingly white grin, back to her mom instaneously. She couldn't even accept his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. What a *****.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Film-Guy

Percy from the green mile, he just made me want to choke him. Gertrude from An American Crime and Ruth from The Girl Next Door. Both of those characters were based off the same person, and they both made me sick. Ruth was worse I think, the whole tone of the movie was pretty vile though.XilePrincess

Ruth was more evil but I think Catherine Keener player Gertrude much better. An American Crime overall is a much better film than The Girl next door. They are both good but The girl next door was less involving. It also didn't have Ellen Page:P

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sammyjenkis898

Percy from the green mile, he just made me want to choke him.XilePrincess

I can't believe I forgot him. I wanted to see him die so badly.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tocool340

[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

TheGrayEye

I know right. It's like she expects the pope of the galaxy (aka Dad), to teleport her using the power of his amazingly white grin, back to her mom instaneously. She couldn't even accept his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. What a *****.

Not to mention his son Robbie was a complete Jerk through the movie too....

Correct that, his son was a complete DOUCHE through the movie....

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
Your #3 would be my number one. She ruined, to me, what would have been a good movie....tocool340
I certainly did not like the character, but in terms of story it would not been anywhere near as good without her. FIlm-Guy, stop reminding me how much I want to see The Cook, the Thief, the wife and her Lover! :x for most hated I am going to childhood films. :P  Though I do love him now.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sammyjenkis898
It's funny that three of the films I agree with are all directed by Frank Darabont, and all of them are based off of Stephen King novels. :P
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sammyjenkis898

I certainly did not like the character, but in terms of story it would not been anywhere near as good without her. FIlm-Guy, stop reminding me how much I want to see The Cook, the Thief, the wife and her Lover! :x for most hated I am going to childhood films. :P  Though I do love him now.Jazz_Fan

Her character is one of the reasons I love the film so much. It adds a religious subtext to it.

I love Back to the Future. It's the ultimate popcorn flick.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"]GAAWWDD... So annoying. I thought it was a good movie too, but that girl was a jerk. What did mom do for you, Rachel? Who saved your life countless times and was there for you when you most needed it? Not mom, DAD. Why is she so ungrateful? tocool340

I cant believe he survived. I thought he died in the explosion.

TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheGrayEye

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"]GAAWWDD... So annoying. I thought it was a good movie too, but that girl was a jerk. What did mom do for you, Rachel? Who saved your life countless times and was there for you when you most needed it? Not mom, DAD. Why is she so ungrateful? tocool340

Srsly. There's a gigantic battle going on right in front of you, you're probably going to die if you go in there and your dad is trying to do what's best, which is protecting you- yet you "have to see this". Stupid kid, they should have made him die.

TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheGrayEye

[QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

Film-Guy

There was some very very stupid plot decisions/holes in that movie. But aside from that, I have to admit that I enjoyed the movie, the effects are still mind-blowing, they actually don't look fake at all. The film was pretty terrifying the first time I saw it, though it would have been much better if they fixed up the characters and plot holes.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 enterawesome
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

There was no explanation either. And when they all finally get renunited with their mom, they just ditch their dad in the middle of the street and rush to their mom. They don't even say anything to him by the end, like "Hey dad, thanks for making sure I didn't die the past three weeks while merciless aliens have been destroying our entire planet" or something like that.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tocool340

Film-Guy

He should of died, but miraculously, he made all the way back to Boston before Ray did. How in the blue hell did he make it back before them when he was so anxious to fight the aliens?....
TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheGrayEye

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"] Not to mention his son Robbie was a complete Jerk through the movie too....enterawesome

There was no explanation either. And when they all finally get renunited with their mom, they just ditch their dad in the middle of the street and rush to their mom. They don't even say anything to him by the end, like "Hey dad, thanks for making sure I didn't die the past three weeks while merciless aliens have been destroying our entire planet" or something like that.

It's possible Robbie was captured in that pocket thing, and something might have happened to the ship carrying him, and he then made it to Boston. Still extremely unlikely though, would have just been better to have him dead.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

This guy

Shinji, the *****

WTF, why won't my picture show:evil:

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"] Not to mention his son Robbie was a complete Jerk through the movie too....tocool340

He should of died, but miraculously, he made all the way back to Boston before Ray did. How in the blue hell did he make it back before them when he was so anxious to fight the aliens?....

Hollywood movie magic:P

TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheGrayEye

[QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Film-Guy

I think the more important question has to with how Tom Cruise is the only human on the Earth who is driving a friggin car. Even the aliens should be impressed. I can't believe the guy only lifted crates for a living, he should have been like the leader of a scientol- oh never mind.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tocool340

[QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Film-Guy

Must have been. He look like he was there long enough to shoot the breeze. Without any sense of direction, and I'm sure the Army wouldn't spare a vehicle to drop him off considering the war and that the regular street cars weren't running (Besides theirs, which got stolen because Robbie was stupid enough to drive to a populated spot), it can only be magic.....:P

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I remember I really hated Michael and Sonny Corleone in The Godfather. I cheered inside when Sonny was gunned down. And I was very upset that Michael wasn't garroted.
Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

Now this is a movie that i will watch. :roll:

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Maud (far left) and The Gentleman (far right) from Fingersmith. It all works out in the end, and Maud is a sympathetic character but what occurs in the movie is just so cruel, that I hated Maud for a bit (until the end when she sort of redeems herself) and I hated The Gentleman all through

Kitty Butler (on the left) from Tipping The Velvet. Don't wanna spoil it but yeah...

Percy from The Greenmile

Camilla from F------ Åmål. She is so cruel it's not even funny.

Sondra Terry from Redbelt

And a whole bunch more which I can't be bothered to get pictures for :P

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="tocool340"]Your #3 would be my number one. She ruined, to me, what would have been a good movie....Jazz_Fan
I certainly did not like the character, but in terms of story it would not been anywhere near as good without her. FIlm-Guy, stop reminding me how much I want to see The Cook, the Thief, the wife and her Lover! :x for most hated I am going to childhood films. :P  Though I do love him now.

You can watch The Cook, the thief, his wife, and her lover on youtube:P

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tocool340

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

Mr_Manikin52

Now this is a movie that i will watch. :roll:

Well, the movie isn't bad at all. :P I actually enjoyed it. Some characters however were absolutely annoying....
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 crucifine
Member since 2003 • 4726 Posts

For me it was either Percy from Green Mile

or Combo from This Is England...

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sammyjenkis898
 Emily Blunt's character in My Summer of Love. By the end, I wanted her to suffer a painful death. [spoiler] and that almost happened.. [/spoiler]
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Film-Guy

For me it was either Percy from Green Mile

or Combo from This Is England...

crucifine

I thought Stephen Graham was fantastic as Combo. That kid Thomas Turgoose was great too. I still think that Dead Man's shoes is Shane Meadow's best film.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Jar Jar Binks. Lucas deserves a /facepalm for that one.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] Emily Blunt's character in My Summer of Love. By the end, I wanted her to suffer a painful death. [spoiler] and that almost happened.. [/spoiler]

I agree 100%. She was a freaking psychopath :x
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Guy on the left.
h

sammyjenkis898