Mortal Kombat movie reboot trailer. OMG

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk&v=9_MqZn7E-mk&gl=US

This can be the most amazing thing I have ever seen done with MK. Wow...

Thoughts?

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Might not be for a movie yet, E3 is next week and they're showing off the newest Mortal Kombat there, but I'm definitely hoping this is more than a teaser for that because it looked amazing.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

All i have to say is that it better be as over-the-top gratuitously violent as the games..

Meowmixxvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 Meowmixxvi
Member since 2008 • 2243 Posts
this better be a movie not no game
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
You should probably clarify that we don't know what this is... We don't know it's a trailer for a movie.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

never thought Mortal Kombat will be a movie :P over the top yessss plzzz just like the videogames

EDiT: ^ lol i didnt no there was MK movies already.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Looks corny as all get out if it's a movie.

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MickeyTheNinja
You should probably clarify that we don't know what this is... We don't know it's a trailer for a movie.Englando_IV
You don't? Oh maybe you should read the title. I said trailer. Don't say "we" when you're alone in not knowing what this was.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
Guys I've been waiting for this the last 3 years and I must say WTF!!! They said that it would be a continuation of the first MK because the second one was a complete obomonation. Now they are basically scratchi9ng that and effing with the mythology. Also I was happy cause Johnny Cage was supposed to be in it. But no he dies right away like in Annihilation. that's a massive megaton seismic toss fail. Why was Mortal Kombat 1 good? They didn't mess with the mythology. Have some good guys enter the tournament. Use the powers from the game. Have the setting be fantastic and have that MK feeling. This movie seems to not capture any of the MK spirit. God I hope it turns out better than what it seems like.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

never thought Mortal Kombat will be a movie :P over the top yessss plzzz just like the videogames

T_REX305

There has been a couple MK movies.

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MickeyTheNinja
Guys I've been waiting for this the last 3 years and I must say WTF!!! They said that it would be a continuation of the first MK because the second one was a complete obomonation. Now they are basically scratchi9ng that and effing with the mythology. Also I was happy cause Johnny Cage was supposed to be in it. But no he dies right away like in Annihilation. that's a massive megaton seismic toss fail. Why was Mortal Kombat 1 good? They didn't mess with the mythology. Have some good guys enter the tournament. Use the powers from the game. Have the setting be fantastic and have that MK feeling. This movie seems to not capture any of the MK spirit. God I hope it turns out better than what it seems like.Nifty_Shark
Reboot. That's the keyword. Reboots are usually a reimagination of the original story. This is new and fresh. Mostly everyone knows about MK and its mythology so this is something brand new for fans, and nonfans.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
Who that looked ******* awesome and it seems like they're trying to make it realistic. I'll definitely be looking forward to this, I'm a big MK fan.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nifty_Shark

[QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]Guys I've been waiting for this the last 3 years and I must say WTF!!! They said that it would be a continuation of the first MK because the second one was a complete obomonation. Now they are basically scratchi9ng that and effing with the mythology. Also I was happy cause Johnny Cage was supposed to be in it. But no he dies right away like in Annihilation. that's a massive megaton seismic toss fail. Why was Mortal Kombat 1 good? They didn't mess with the mythology. Have some good guys enter the tournament. Use the powers from the game. Have the setting be fantastic and have that MK feeling. This movie seems to not capture any of the MK spirit. God I hope it turns out better than what it seems like.MickeyTheNinja
Reboot. That's the keyword. Reboots are usually a reimagination of the original story. This is new and fresh. Mostly everyone knows about MK and its mythology so this is something brand new for fans, and nonfans.

But I was promised something else the last time they made an update last year. I can't even belive I'm this upset. It's like an old Sonic fan being upset that there is a new crappy Sonic game. I should expect it but damn.

No Johnny Cage? Are you freakin kidding me *breaks plate of doritoes*

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MickeyTheNinja

[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"][QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]Guys I've been waiting for this the last 3 years and I must say WTF!!! They said that it would be a continuation of the first MK because the second one was a complete obomonation. Now they are basically scratchi9ng that and effing with the mythology. Also I was happy cause Johnny Cage was supposed to be in it. But no he dies right away like in Annihilation. that's a massive megaton seismic toss fail. Why was Mortal Kombat 1 good? They didn't mess with the mythology. Have some good guys enter the tournament. Use the powers from the game. Have the setting be fantastic and have that MK feeling. This movie seems to not capture any of the MK spirit. God I hope it turns out better than what it seems like.Nifty_Shark

But I was promised something else the last time they made an update last year. I can't even belive I'm this upset. It's like an old Sonic fan being upset that there is a new crappy Sonic game. I should expect it but damn.

You're kidding right? You want another over the top, crappy design, crappy dialogue, writing, acting, cast, I can go on with how crappy the 2 movies were. And you want another one of those? Come on.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

If it's a trailer for the game, then I'm pumped.

If for the movie, then I'm more hyped for it and should make up for the previous one which was awful.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
[QUOTE="Englando_IV"]You should probably clarify that we don't know what this is... We don't know it's a trailer for a movie.MickeyTheNinja
You don't? Oh maybe you should read the title. I said trailer. Don't say "we" when you're alone in not knowing what this was.

I think you misunderstood what he wrote, he means this hasn't been confirmed as a movie trailer, it could just be a really well made trailer for the new game.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nifty_Shark

[QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]

[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"] Reboot. That's the keyword. Reboots are usually a reimagination of the original story. This is new and fresh. Mostly everyone knows about MK and its mythology so this is something brand new for fans, and nonfans. MickeyTheNinja

You're kidding right? You want another over the top, crappy design, crappy dialogue, writing, acting, cast, I can go on with how crappy the 2 movies were. And you want another one of those? Come on.

The first movie is good. The second movie is the worst thing I have ever seen. I don't even understand how they were able to screw up so bad.

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts

[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"][QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]Guys I've been waiting for this the last 3 years and I must say WTF!!! They said that it would be a continuation of the first MK because the second one was a complete obomonation. Now they are basically scratchi9ng that and effing with the mythology. Also I was happy cause Johnny Cage was supposed to be in it. But no he dies right away like in Annihilation. that's a massive megaton seismic toss fail. Why was Mortal Kombat 1 good? They didn't mess with the mythology. Have some good guys enter the tournament. Use the powers from the game. Have the setting be fantastic and have that MK feeling. This movie seems to not capture any of the MK spirit. God I hope it turns out better than what it seems like.Nifty_Shark

Meh, Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero is more interesting IMO.
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MickeyTheNinja
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"][QUOTE="Englando_IV"]You should probably clarify that we don't know what this is... We don't know it's a trailer for a movie.bobbetybob

I think you misunderstood what he wrote, he means this hasn't been confirmed as a movie trailer, it could just be a really well made trailer for the new game.

I did read it hastily. But if this is for the game then awesome, if it's for a full length movie then awesome. Either way people will hear more about this trailer.
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Well i really wish someone would show something that said exactly what this was for.

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts

Looks corny as all get out if it's a movie.

Pirate700
You've obviously never seen the original Mortal Kombat. THAT was corny. This looks pretty awesome.
Avistann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Avistann
Member since 2008 • 7102 Posts
This looks really sweet. I hope it is for the movie instead of the game but I have a feeling its for a game :/
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
I think it looks awsome
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Oh God why....

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

[QUOTE="T_REX305"]

Pirate700

There has been a couple MK movies.

wow im so late :P

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Nifty_Shark

lol! I'm glad i'm not the only one bothered by that. It's like god..does he have to die everytime? They can at least show off his shadow kicks here and there first.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]

TecmoGirl

lol! I'm glad i'm not the only one bothered by that. It's like god..does he have to die everytime? They can at least show off his shadow kicks here and there first.

he's the Kenny(South Park) of mortal kombat?

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
Omg, that was one hell of a teaser... I'm excited for this at E3.
Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

All i have to say is that it better be as over-the-top gratuitously violent as the games..

Xx_Hopeless_xX
this.
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts

Subzero!

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MickeyTheNinja

Subzero!

Dylan_11

Thanks for the pic. Looks crazy!

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
Pff who cares about Johnny Cage? I hope Liu Kang and Kitana are in it.
TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
Setting Mortal Kombat in a more realistic environment isn't smart. This just makes it look cheap and corny. IMO they should embrace what the videogames set up for them, while making an interesting movie out of it.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nifty_Shark

Pff who cares about Johnny Cage? I hope Liu Kang and Kitana are in it.6_volts

From the looks of things those two characters are not part of this flick.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
Oh my gosh....it looks sweet, but they're going down the route that Batman Begins did, the whole "realistic" feel! And it isn't smart. Now all they're going to say about them is that they were all born with defects or w.e, what bull.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
DO WANT.
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dylan_11

Oh my gosh....it looks sweet, but they're going down the route that Batman Begins did, the whole "realistic" feel! And it isn't smart. Now all they're going to say about them is that they were all born with defects or w.e, what bull.lonewolf604
Because Batman Begins didn't do well.... :|

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Hmm, interesting.
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

those 7mins and 50seconds were better than however long the second movie was...

I love actual fight scenes and not that Power Rangers nonsense that was in the first two(even though I LOVED the first one)

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Great, yet another reboot. -__-
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

Setting Mortal Kombat in a more realistic environment isn't smart. This just makes it look cheap and corny. IMO they should embrace what the videogames set up for them, while making an interesting movie out of it.TheAbstrakt
They tried that already. Didn't work out too well then.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

if it's a trailer for a movie, i'm not that excited because it will probably suck like every other video game movie. if it's a trailer for a game, it's got my attention.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Oh my gosh....it looks sweet, but they're going down the route that Batman Begins did, the whole "realistic" feel! And it isn't smart. Now all they're going to say about them is that they were all born with defects or w.e, what bull.Dylan_11

that's not my point....i'm saying it WON'T work for Mk :roll:
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
It looks actually decent. I'm surprised they made scorpion the main character, well he was always my main so that's great.
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dylan_11
[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Oh my gosh....it looks sweet, but they're going down the route that Batman Begins did, the whole "realistic" feel! And it isn't smart. Now all they're going to say about them is that they were all born with defects or w.e, what bull.lonewolf604

that's not my point....i'm saying it WON'T work for Mk :roll:

Can you write down some sports results on your next trip to the future?
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

That looked awesome.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

Looks interesting to say the least, I'm assuming it's for the reboot of the first movie that they've been talking about making since 2006.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nifty_Shark

Thids guy from Gaf sums up how I feel about this

"I was half expecting Mortal Kombat to be an evil corporation or something.. I hate it when they do these 'reboots' and change character histories. Baraka as a doctor who got angry and started to kill people? Puh-lease.

Oh and also 'blah blah blah I'm not Tom Robinson from Baltimore, he's dead... I'm Scorpion' is such a stupid way of doing things.

They should've just had him be called Scott R. Pion or something..

Then they obviously could've had Benji Araka etc, etc..

EDIT: They could have Sub-Zero as a Subway employee who was trapped in the freezer.

So stupid when they do these 'real world' movies.

"Motaro. Killed three babies and a grandma. Super-glued himself to a horse's body because... I... shut up and go fight him."

Do not want like this guy

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

DO WANT! (caps :P )