Microsoft predicts bleak future for Windows XP users after patches run out

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

I have Windows 7 and plan on keeping that until I have no choice but to upgrade.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="stuff238"]

I have never paid for a new OS. I just buy a new PC every 5 years and it comes with the new one pre installed. LOL at people who buy new OS's.

worlock77

You do realize that you're paying for that OS in the cost of the PC right?

Not quite. The cost of Windows is offset by OEMs through the excessive use of trial software and other such advertisement spam that bogs down your computer. You're not really paying for Windows unless you buy a copy yourself, which I kind of suggest considering how much cleaner an installation would be.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]It's cool, elementary OS is out and so gosh darn easy to use.WilliamRLBaker
....I don't know what his problem is but I've never had an issue with windows fighting with me....and why is it a whole sale rip off of apple os?

Try it before you make any comments! It shares a few visual aspects with Mac OS but really is its own animal according to those that have tried it, including me.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

I have never paid for a new OS. I just buy a new PC every 5 years and it comes with the new one pre installed. LOL at people who buy new OS's.

stuff238
LOL at people who want an actual OS install disk with which to do clean installs, vs having only a crappy vendor-supplied system restore disk with tons of bloatware on it?
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Not everytime, but windows xp is a very old and outdated os, I don't even know why anyone would still use it.deeliman

I still have a machine with XP on it to run programs which don't like 64-bit Windows 7.  Some of my older programs won't even install, let alone run. 

Transfer_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Transfer_Point
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]lol, why the hell are people still using a 12 year old OS? You haven't been able to buy a computer with XP on it retail for years and years. Time to get some modern technology in those households. theone86

My PC is around seven years old.

Just curious. Does it still have a floppy drive?

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts
I have a Mac. Now Windows users can know how it feels!
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

I very much despise Windows 8. I was ok with XP and now 7. My Win8 machine gets very little use.

m0zart

Same, have a desktop with 7 which is great, bought a cheap laptop for college with 8 (first experience with 8) and im not impressed at all. (Queue all the people saying i dont like new things/dont understand how to use 8) Its just more work to use windows 8. Also that laptop does not have a touch screen so my experience is even more fudged.Â