Michigan Gay Marriage Ban Overturned by Federal Judge.

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Honestly the most infuriating thing about the conservative movement when it comes to gay marriage is their complete lack of historical understanding.. During the Middle Ages in which the Catholic Church was a major power for Christianity in Europe, being "faithful" to one person was unknown.. Charlemagne, the Frankish leader who the pope crowned, had numerous women he slept with on a daily basis.. And they were ok with it.. Furthermore when it comes to "traditional" marriage.. It was decided on by patriarchal heads of the family in marrying off their children for economic and political gain, the actual people being married rarely had a say in the said matter, that and divorce did not exist or was allowed.. I mean Henry the 8th broke off from the Catholic church just so he could get a different wife.. This claim that marriage is "sacred" as a actual institution is a load of horse sh!t.. I would respect their view point on the matter if they actually had a real defense for it.

Cool story bro, but in all of those cases it was still a man and a woman.

I think the point he's trying to make is that the term 'traditional' varies with the ages. What was once traditional marriage in the past now would be considered illicit. But thanks for clarifying that it was still a man and women, HURR DURR.

This topic is specifically about traditional marriage between a man and a woman. Logic tells me if you can come up with 10000000000 ways traditional marriage was not so traditional in the past but out of all 1000000000 of them you cannot show one example where it is not a man and a woman that is a fail.

But of course points are only valid when you agree with them..... HURR DURR.

The open minded forward thinking progressives strike again. Open your mind and think exactly like me!

A white person marrying a black person isn't traditional. Are you against that as well?

Saying something goes against tradition means nothing. traditions are always changing. just because something is "traditional" doesn't mean it's good.

What a crock of shit argument. A black man and a white woman can still produce fucking offspring dude. How about I marry my dog? My vacuum cleaner? A chic can marry her dildo now too, awesome stuff.

A man being with a man is beyond not being traditional, it is not natural. What is funny here is most of the pro-gay crowd is also anti-religion and pro-Darwinism. So tell me this Darwin.......in the natural world when a animal is straight up homo and refuses to mate with a member of the opposite gender to procreate what happens to that animal's genes? Are they passed on? Nope, they are not. This is because they are broken and Darwin is going to take care of that business right there. If animals were exclusively gay they would not pro-create, and all life on this Earth pro-creates. This is why this homosexual bullshit is about as natural as me having sex with my chair. If there was a way to detect it at birth or in the womb back in the 50's we would have a vaccine by now.....and it would be used to cure this condition. Yes I said condition. If you as a man love the sight of a penis but find vagina's disgusting you are NOT normal, period. You have a condition. In the medical world we have shots for that kind of shit. But somehow this has been made into some form of "normal" and it is ridiculous.

Bring on all the "homophobe!" bullshit now.

Do you think that infertile couples shouldn't be allowed to marry? If not then your argument holds no ground.

Being gay is natural, it occurs in nature there for it's natural. Simple. You seem to be easily confused by simple concepts.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#102  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts
@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Honestly the most infuriating thing about the conservative movement when it comes to gay marriage is their complete lack of historical understanding.. During the Middle Ages in which the Catholic Church was a major power for Christianity in Europe, being "faithful" to one person was unknown.. Charlemagne, the Frankish leader who the pope crowned, had numerous women he slept with on a daily basis.. And they were ok with it.. Furthermore when it comes to "traditional" marriage.. It was decided on by patriarchal heads of the family in marrying off their children for economic and political gain, the actual people being married rarely had a say in the said matter, that and divorce did not exist or was allowed.. I mean Henry the 8th broke off from the Catholic church just so he could get a different wife.. This claim that marriage is "sacred" as a actual institution is a load of horse sh!t.. I would respect their view point on the matter if they actually had a real defense for it.

I think the point he's trying to make is that the term 'traditional' varies with the ages. What was once traditional marriage in the past now would be considered illicit. But thanks for clarifying that it was still a man and women, HURR DURR.

This topic is specifically about traditional marriage between a man and a woman. Logic tells me if you can come up with 10000000000 ways traditional marriage was not so traditional in the past but out of all 1000000000 of them you cannot show one example where it is not a man and a woman that is a fail.

You're missing the point. That those cases involved a man and a woman is irrelevant. The point is that the concept of marriage is fluid, not set in stone. If it has changed its characteristics in the past, there's no reason it cannot change its characteristics now to include same sex couples. Appealing to tradition is not a valid argument.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By GreySeal9

@toast_burner said:

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

The open minded forward thinking progressives strike again. Open your mind and think exactly like me!

A white person marrying a black person isn't traditional. Are you against that as well?

Saying something goes against tradition means nothing. traditions are always changing. just because something is "traditional" doesn't mean it's good.

What a crock of shit argument. A black man and a white woman can still produce fucking offspring dude. How about I marry my dog? My vacuum cleaner? A chic can marry her dildo now too, awesome stuff.

A man being with a man is beyond not being traditional, it is not natural. What is funny here is most of the pro-gay crowd is also anti-religion and pro-Darwinism. So tell me this Darwin.......in the natural world when a animal is straight up homo and refuses to mate with a member of the opposite gender to procreate what happens to that animal's genes? Are they passed on? Nope, they are not. This is because they are broken and Darwin is going to take care of that business right there. If animals were exclusively gay they would not pro-create, and all life on this Earth pro-creates. This is why this homosexual bullshit is about as natural as me having sex with my chair. If there was a way to detect it at birth or in the womb back in the 50's we would have a vaccine by now.....and it would be used to cure this condition. Yes I said condition. If you as a man love the sight of a penis but find vagina's disgusting you are NOT normal, period. You have a condition. In the medical world we have shots for that kind of shit. But somehow this has been made into some form of "normal" and it is ridiculous.

Do you think that infertile couples shouldn't be allowed to marry? If not then your argument holds no ground.

Being gay is natural, it occurs in nature there for it's natural. Simple. You seem to be easily confused by simple concepts.

I honestly wouldn't bother giving him a serious response. He's way too angry, whiny, callous, and ignorant, so you're wasting your time. At least reaper is actually somewhat level headed and willing to engage in serious conversation.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#104  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Okay I see you are meeting me halfway here in agreeing homosexuality is a medical condition just like infertility is. Thanks.

And exclusive gayness is not natural in the wild, they still procreate. A man and a man can never have offspring that is derived from both men.

And of course here we go with the liberal bullshit. You cannot just make your points, you have to attempt to discredit as well. When I don't agree with you it is because I am confused eh? You people are so full of shit.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#105 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@toast_burner said:

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

I honestly wouldn't bother giving him a serious response. He's way too angry, whiny, callous, and ignorant, so you're wasting your time. At least reaper is actually somewhat level headed and willing to engage in serious conversation.

QQmoar.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By GreySeal9

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

A man being with a man is beyond not being traditional, it is not natural. What is funny here is most of the pro-gay crowd is also anti-religion and pro-Darwinism. So tell me this Darwin.......in the natural world when a animal is straight up homo and refuses to mate with a member of the opposite gender to procreate what happens to that animal's genes? Are they passed on? Nope, they are not. This is because they are broken and Darwin is going to take care of that business right there. If animals were exclusively gay they would not pro-create, and all life on this Earth pro-creates. This is why this homosexual bullshit is about as natural as me having sex with my chair. If there was a way to detect it at birth or in the womb back in the 50's we would have a vaccine by now.....and it would be used to cure this condition. Yes I said condition. If you as a man love the sight of a penis but find vaginas disgusting you are NOT normal, period. You have a condition. In the medical world we have shots for that kind of shit. But somehow this has been made into some form of "normal" and it is ridiculous.

Dat sand!

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By GreySeal9

@vfibsux said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@toast_burner said:

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

QQmoar.

That's ironic coming from you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Okay I see you are meeting me halfway here in agreeing homosexuality is a medical condition just like infertility is. Thanks.

And exclusive gayness is not natural in the wild, they still procreate. A man and a man can never have offspring that is derived from both men.

And of course here we go with the liberal bullshit. You cannot just make your points, you have to attempt to discredit as well. When I don't agree with you it is because I am confused eh? You people are so full of shit.

I'm going to agree with Greyseal here. You're to stupid to bother dealing with.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

A man being with a man is beyond not being traditional, it is not natural. What is funny here is most of the pro-gay crowd is also anti-religion and pro-Darwinism. So tell me this Darwin.......in the natural world when a animal is straight up homo and refuses to mate with a member of the opposite gender to procreate what happens to that animal's genes? Are they passed on? Nope, they are not. This is because they are broken and Darwin is going to take care of that business right there. If animals were exclusively gay they would not pro-create, and all life on this Earth pro-creates. This is why this homosexual bullshit is about as natural as me having sex with my chair. If there was a way to detect it at birth or in the womb back in the 50's we would have a vaccine by now.....and it would be used to cure this condition. Yes I said condition. If you as a man love the sight of a penis but find vaginas disgusting you are NOT normal, period. You have a condition. In the medical world we have shots for that kind of shit. But somehow this has been made into some form of "normal" and it is ridiculous.

...Wow

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#110 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Can your dog or vacuum cleaner consent to legal documents? Are sterile or the elderly barred from marrying?

I won't call you a homophobic for making comparisons like these. I'll call you a fucking idiot instead.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#111  Edited By Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts
@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@vfibsux:

TOPIC: So why are there still bans in the country again? These issues seem to go back and forth with each state. Seems like a waste of money and public attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@GreySeal9: I'm about 99% sure vfibsux is just an exaggerated joke character. Sort of like a Republican version of Laihendi.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By GreySeal9

@Aljosa23 said:

@GreySeal9: I'm about 99% sure vfibsux is just an exaggerated joke character. Sort of like a Republican version of Laihendi.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. He's certainly over the top enough.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 lostrib

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@vfibsux:

TOPIC: So why are there still bans in the country again? These issues seem to go back and forth with each state. Seems like a waste of money and public attention.

Because they're individual state laws

mondo-zapwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#116 mondo-zapwell
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

i wish i could marry KILLER IS DEAD!

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3863 Posts

@Master_Live:

Just getting back to you I know every thing is not addressed in the constitution yet with gay marriage as with many other issues it is claimed it is a constitutional right when it is not. Homosexual and marriage are two words that incompatible with one another. Look up homosexual then look up marriage. Civil unions were acceptable with every one which gave the same benefits as marriage between a man and a woman. The word gay has been co-opted from its original meaning.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lostrib

@JimB said:

@Master_Live:

Just getting back to you I know every thing is not addressed in the constitution yet with gay marriage as with many other issues it is claimed it is a constitutional right when it is not. Homosexual and marriage are two words that incompatible with one another. Look up homosexual then look up marriage. Civil unions were acceptable with every one which gave the same benefits as marriage between a man and a woman. The word gay has been co-opted from its original meaning.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@Barbariser said:
@GazaAli said:

If no one denies it, then how come people react to it as if I was uttering something so absurd and outlandish?. I never said that by exposing children to the concept of homosexuality at an early stage they become destined to grow up to be homosexuals; Instead, I merely stated that it has the potential of influencing their future sexual orientation which sounds pretty reasonable to me. Does that sound so absurd to you? In essence, what I've been arguing in this topic so far is that in regards to homosexuality, the absolute wisdom or the final truth has yet to be acquired by someone and consequently we should be allowed to dissent from the established opinion on the matter again as long as a dissenter does not attempt to discriminate against or persecute a homosexual. If none of us is infallible and if science is not really on the side of either of us (although I could argue just as I did that statistical proof and biology point to the opposite direction of homosexuality but enough of that) how come some of us feel entitled to moral and even intellectual superiority and to silence dissent by all means available? If you ask a homosexual or any other pro-LGBT why homosexuals are homosexuals he/she will probably answer "a combination of hormones and/or genes". I ask you, is there a scientific proof for that? My guess is no there isn't so why should it be treated as an established scientific enlightenment and the sole voice of rationality in this subject where everything fails and falls short in juxtaposition to it?

Wow, you're either very intellectually dishonest, your memory sucks or you don't understand English very well. People haven't been harping on you just because you've been insisting that letting homosexuals express themselves publicly will "affect" of children (duh, any kind of experience or observation can do that). It's far more reasonable to point to genes and hormones as the cause because we've actually found correlations between those factors and sexual orientation while your only "proof" of your claim is a Greek Philosopher from 2400 years ago who literally had nothing to do with this topic at all.

You have also argued in this very thread that because of this vague "effect" we can justify forcing homosexuals to hide themselves and that it's beneficial to do so because letting children see gay people is somehow harmful to their development. You don't have any actual substantiation for the idea that letting kids see homosexuals will actually affect them that much, let alone your claims later that suppressing homosexuals' freedom of expression is a 'net benefit' to society.

Nobody is trying to oppress or silence you. You have the right to express yourself just as we have the right to call you out for your awful arguments. And it's hard for us not to feel morally and intellectually superior to you when you've horrendously mangled the word "indoctrination", comparedhomosexual expression to alcohol consumption and built a spectacularly illogical and baseless argument to (ironically) justify forcing millions of people back into the closet and denying them the right to free self expression while calling it "liberty".

If "duh" then what is so absurd about my argument? You may not be convinced by it or you may not see enough expediency in my proposition to justify instating it in a society, but I don't see how you can perceive it to be so absurd and outlandish while asserting its basis at the same time. You're in constant self-contradiction; at one instance you assert the basis of my argument and at another you ask me for a substantiation for it. Furthermore, you're asking me to provide a proof for a rather self-evident and very rudimentary principle that may possibly be the fundamental basis for education and the human development. In this I perceive the mere want of discrediting my argument rather than actually discussing the matter at hands. You're use of profanity does not help either, considering how I don't recall ever seeing you post in this manner.

Since I never claimed that my argument is infallible and its nothing but a possibility to be considered, I will ask YOU to provide substantiation for your "scientific enlightenment" which involves the hypothesis that genes and hormones alone are responsible for homosexuality. I'd like you to provide a hard scientific evidence, not some correlation since correlation does not mean causation and since you seem to treat this premise as infallible and the absolute truth on homosexuality where every other argument in comparison to it proves itself to be worthy of nothing but contempt and pity.

Let's drop this "nobody is trying to deny you your freedom of speech" folly shall we? You don't have to persecute someone in order to deny him his freedom of expression. Considering my current situation and the limitations of the medium in which this discussion has taken place, I really couldn't give two fucks whether you allow or deny me my freedom of expression. The subject itself is at the bottom of my real priorities and you do not have the authority to decide such a thing to begin with. However, I now realize that if I ever find myself in Europe, say the Netherlands, I will have to be very cautious about my views and what is and what is not ok to say about homosexuality. Otherwise, I will run the risk of social alienation, being shunned from the realm of rationality and possibly being denied employment and other privileges. I'd most likely adopt a DADT kind of policy. If I managed to generate this intense disapprobation and outrage in an Internet forum, I can only imagine how I'd be dealt with if this quarrel took place in the real world and in the settings where its most relevant, U.S/Western Europe.

One last thing, you can claim intellectual and moral superiority as much as you want. Dogmatism has and will never be the expression of such notions. On the contrary, dogmatism is nothing but an expression of intellectual bankruptcy and moral decay. I shall persuade you no longer with any of my arguments in this topic for I have made them clear enough for those who would listen and it would be pointless and serving of no purpose to try and persuade those who wouldn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@Barbariser said:
@GazaAli said:

If no one denies it, then how come people react to it as if I was uttering something so absurd and outlandish?. I never said that by exposing children to the concept of homosexuality at an early stage they become destined to grow up to be homosexuals; Instead, I merely stated that it has the potential of influencing their future sexual orientation which sounds pretty reasonable to me. Does that sound so absurd to you? In essence, what I've been arguing in this topic so far is that in regards to homosexuality, the absolute wisdom or the final truth has yet to be acquired by someone and consequently we should be allowed to dissent from the established opinion on the matter again as long as a dissenter does not attempt to discriminate against or persecute a homosexual. If none of us is infallible and if science is not really on the side of either of us (although I could argue just as I did that statistical proof and biology point to the opposite direction of homosexuality but enough of that) how come some of us feel entitled to moral and even intellectual superiority and to silence dissent by all means available? If you ask a homosexual or any other pro-LGBT why homosexuals are homosexuals he/she will probably answer "a combination of hormones and/or genes". I ask you, is there a scientific proof for that? My guess is no there isn't so why should it be treated as an established scientific enlightenment and the sole voice of rationality in this subject where everything fails and falls short in juxtaposition to it?

Wow, you're either very intellectually dishonest, your memory sucks or you don't understand English very well. People haven't been harping on you just because you've been insisting that letting homosexuals express themselves publicly will "affect" of children (duh, any kind of experience or observation can do that). It's far more reasonable to point to genes and hormones as the cause because we've actually found correlations between those factors and sexual orientation while your only "proof" of your claim is a Greek Philosopher from 2400 years ago who literally had nothing to do with this topic at all.

You have also argued in this very thread that because of this vague "effect" we can justify forcing homosexuals to hide themselves and that it's beneficial to do so because letting children see gay people is somehow harmful to their development. You don't have any actual substantiation for the idea that letting kids see homosexuals will actually affect them that much, let alone your claims later that suppressing homosexuals' freedom of expression is a 'net benefit' to society.

Nobody is trying to oppress or silence you. You have the right to express yourself just as we have the right to call you out for your awful arguments. And it's hard for us not to feel morally and intellectually superior to you when you've horrendously mangled the word "indoctrination", comparedhomosexual expression to alcohol consumption and built a spectacularly illogical and baseless argument to (ironically) justify forcing millions of people back into the closet and denying them the right to free self expression while calling it "liberty".

If "duh" then what is so absurd about my argument? You may not be convinced by it or you may not see enough expediency in my proposition to justify instating it in a society, but I don't see how you can perceive it to be so absurd and outlandish while asserting its basis at the same time. You're in constant self-contradiction; at one instance you assert the basis of my argument and at another you ask me for a substantiation for it. Furthermore, you're asking me to provide a proof for a rather self-evident and very rudimentary principle that may possibly be the fundamental basis for education and the human development. In this I perceive the mere want of discrediting my argument rather than actually discussing the matter at hands. You're use of profanity does not help either, considering how I don't recall ever seeing you post in this manner.

Since I never claimed that my argument is infallible and its nothing but a possibility to be considered, I will ask YOU to provide substantiation for your "scientific enlightenment" which involves the hypothesis that genes and hormones alone are responsible for homosexuality. I'd like you to provide a hard scientific evidence, not some correlation since correlation does not mean causation and since you seem to treat this premise as infallible and the absolute truth on homosexuality where every other argument in comparison to it proves itself to be worthy of nothing but contempt and pity.

Let's drop this "nobody is trying to deny you your freedom of speech" folly shall we? You don't have to persecute someone in order to deny him his freedom of expression. Considering my current situation and the limitations of the medium in which this discussion has taken place, I really couldn't give two fucks whether you allow or deny me my freedom of expression. The subject itself is at the bottom of my real priorities and you do not have the authority to decide such a thing to begin with. However, I now realize that if I ever find myself in Europe, say the Netherlands, I will have to be very cautious about my views and what is and what is not ok to say about homosexuality. Otherwise, I will run the risk of social alienation, being shunned from the realm of rationality and possibly being denied employment and other privileges. I'd most likely adopt a DADT kind of policy. If I managed to generate this intense disapprobation and outrage in an Internet forum, I can only imagine how I'd be dealt with if this quarrel took place in the real world and in the settings where its most relevant, U.S/Western Europe.

One last thing, you can claim intellectual and moral superiority as much as you want. Dogmatism has and will never be the expression of such notions. On the contrary, dogmatism is nothing but an expression of intellectual bankruptcy and moral decay. I shall persuade you no longer with any of my arguments in this topic for I have made them clear enough for those who would listen and it would be pointless and serving of no purpose to try and persuade those who wouldn't.

I know you come from a culture where rationally thinking isn't as well accepted but can you at least try? You idea isn't self evident like you claim. Just because you believe it, doesn't mean it must be obvious to everyone else.

How would you feel about a law that makes it illegal for people of other races to go outside in public without first wearing make-up to hide their true race? This is no different to what you're suggesting to be done with gays (the only real difference is that the hassle of putting on make up every day makes the former a bit worse).

You don't give a shit about helping people, all you want is to harm others.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By GazaAli

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

1) Where in this topic did I act "awfully butthurt"? Seriously I don't know where you're coming from with this tirade.

2) And pervasive amount of homosexuality? You made me chuckle my good man.

1) This thread and others where you whine about being ganged up on for your posts in said threads. Whine some MOAR. Its a public forum meant for dialogue, yours is garnering attention simply for being antiquated and intellecutally barren.

2) Homosexuality exists in nature. Its prevalent though out the animal kingdom. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed that you knew anything about zoology or animal behavior. Unless of course you're going to make a bold statement and say that Homo sapiens are the ONLY species on Earth where homosexuality is present.

Making a statement does not equate to whining. Have I ever asked any of you to stop? To cease and desist? Have I ever thrown a tantrum filled with profanities in any such topics? On the contrary I'm rather very calm. Besides, there's no reason for me to whine since I can always choose to abstain from participating in such topics or just choose not to reply to some of you. And you call this a dialogue? rofl I'd hate to witness a quarrel then.

"Its prevalent throughout the animal kingdom" Now you want nature to waste itself in buggery too? I've actually heard about this before and assuming its true I wouldn't say its "prevalent". Let me ask you this: how many times have you observed pets of the same sex humping each other in mating season? If its that much "prevalent" how come we never observe it? Or are "scientists" the sole authority on everything now? Do we have no use of our own faculties any more?

In any scenario, that's besides the point. The point that I'd like to make to you my dear zoologist is: since when do we regard the animal kingdom as our reference as human beings? I take it you're big on polygamy too? When did we ever devise our societies and constructed our social norms and values and virtuous in reference to the animal kingdom? If anything, we've always done the opposite. Humanity, at least in periods characterized by the opposite of moral decay and degradation, has always paraded and championed how through virtue and intellect and through the use of our higher faculties we can transcend the kingdom of animal and overall primitivity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

1) Where in this topic did I act "awfully butthurt"? Seriously I don't know where you're coming from with this tirade.

2) And pervasive amount of homosexuality? You made me chuckle my good man.

1) This thread and others where you whine about being ganged up on for your posts in said threads. Whine some MOAR. Its a public forum meant for dialogue, yours is garnering attention simply for being antiquated and intellecutally barren.

2) Homosexuality exists in nature. Its prevalent though out the animal kingdom. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed that you knew anything about zoology or animal behavior. Unless of course you're going to make a bold statement and say that Homo sapiens are the ONLY species on Earth where homosexuality is present.

Making a statement does not equate to whining. Have I ever asked any of you to stop? To cease and desist? Have I ever thrown a tantrum filled with profanities in any such topics? On the contrary I'm rather very calm. Besides, there's no reason for me to whine since I can always choose to abstain from participating in such topics or just choose not to reply to some of you. And you call this a dialogue? rofl I'd hate to witness a quarrel then.

"Its prevalent throughout the animal kingdom" Now you want nature to waste itself in buggery too? I've actually heard about this before and assuming its true I wouldn't say its "prevalent". Let me ask you this: how many times have you observed pets of the same sex humping each other in mating season? If its that much "prevalent" how come we never observe it? Or are "scientists" the sole authority on everything now? Do we have no use of our own faculties any more?

In any scenario, that's besides the point. The point that I'd like to make to you my dear zoologist is: since when do we regard the animal kingdom as our reference as human beings? I take it you're big on polygamy too? When did we ever devised our societies and social norms in reference to the animal kingdom?

my dog pretty much exclusively humps the same sex. But the studies on sexuality tend to focus more on animals in the wild that do form relationships, rather than domestic animals that are selectively bred. It is undeniable that animals can be gay. Monogamy can be explained via evolution although nothing is 100% certain, so your comparison to polygamy is flawed.

Again rather than trying to educate yourself you just spew ignorant nonsense. It's the same crap you expect to hear from a redneck who dropped out of school (just minus the god part)

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

I know you come from a culture where rationally thinking isn't as well accepted but can you at least try? You idea isn't self evident like you claim. Just because you believe it, doesn't mean it must be obvious to everyone else.

How would you feel about a law that makes it illegal for people of other races to go outside in public without first wearing make-up to hide their true race? This is no different to what you're suggesting to be done with gays (the only real difference is that the hassle of putting on make up every day makes the former a bit worse).

You know that's the belief that I originally held, the belief that irrationality is confined to this region and the rest of the developing world and that the developed world is the beacon of rationality. With time I realized I was wrong, you're just as irrational as they are, it just happens that you live comfortably and you're just on a different social and political isle. That's it, there's nothing more to it. Your analogy is one expression of that for if you think it accurately applies to my argument then I don't know what to say to you. I will not attempt to persuade you any different, especially given your last reply to me. Oh the irony when I remember your last post and juxtapose it to the first line of this one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

You know that's the belief that I originally held, the belief that irrationality is confined to this region and the rest of the developing world and that the developed world is the beacon of rationality. With time I realized I was wrong, you're just as irrational as they are, it just happens that you live comfortably and you're just on a different social and political isle. That's it, there's nothing more to it. Your analogy is one expression of that for if you think it accurately applies to my argument then I don't know what to say to you. I will not attempt to persuade you any different, especially given your last reply to me. Oh the irony when I remember your last post and juxtapose it to the first line of this one.

A big difference is that I have the majority of the medical and psychiatric fields on my side while your augment has no evidence at all.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

In any scenario, that's besides the point. The point that I'd like to make to you my dear zoologist is: since when do we regard the animal kingdom as our reference as human beings? I take it you're big on polygamy too? When did we ever devised our societies and social norms in reference to the animal kingdom?

my dog pretty much exclusively humps the same sex. But the studies on sexuality tend to focus more on animals in the wild that do form relationships, rather than domestic animals that are selectively bred. It is undeniable that animals can be gay. Monogamy can be explained via evolution although nothing is 100% certain, so your comparison to polygamy is flawed.

Again rather than trying to educate yourself you just spew ignorant nonsense. It's the same crap you expect to hear from a redneck who dropped out of school (just minus the god part)

Are you misinterpreting my posts on purpose? Seriously. My reference to polygamy was supposed to assert the notion that we do not consider the animal kingdom as our reference as human beings. So whether homosexuality exists or does not exist in the animal kingdom is a moot point. In any case, you have a gay dog? I have to say that's a first.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

A big difference is that I have the majority of the medical and psychiatric fields on my side while your augment has no evidence at all.

A rather bigger difference is that you seem to make baseless claims having instated yourself as a spokesman on behalf of that medical and psychiatric field.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Are you misinterpreting my posts on purpose? Seriously. My reference to polygamy was supposed to assert the notion that we do not consider the animal kingdom as our reference as human beings. So whether homosexuality exists or does not exist in the animal kingdom is a moot point. In any case, you have a gay dog? I have to say that's a first.

It's not a first. Anyone who has ever been around animals will tell you so.

And homosexuality exists in humans as well as animals. So it must be natural for humans. Why don't you look up what the word natural means? If you did you'd realise this argument is pointless. To say that human behaviours can be unnatural is laughable.

If homosexuality can spread like you claim it can, how come no species on earth has suffered from an abundance of homosexuals? The fact is that homosexuality doesn't spread. There is just a chance that you may be one for humans they say it's around 1-5%. The way you were raised has no impact on this. Many gay people were unaware gays even existed until they found out they were gay. Man grow up in incredibly homophobic environments were they were taught that there is nothing worse than to be gay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

A rather bigger difference is that you seem to make baseless claims having instated yourself as a spokesman on behalf of that medical and psychiatric field.

Ok give one medical association that supports your views.

I'll start http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/orientation.aspx?item=1

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Barbariser

@GazaAli said:

@Barbariser said:

Is there something wrong with your reading comprehension? I said "duh" to the assertion that seeing gay people might "affect" a child, because it's a really broad, vague and meaningless statement in the sense that letting a child see a fucking dog could "affect them". That doesn't mean I agree with your absurd leap that this means letting children see gay people is going to "disrupt their sexual development", which is what I am asking for substantiation for. Also, while you're at it, explain what the hell "disrupt sexual development" means and why it's bad.

Sure, I'm "discrediting your argument" by shooting it full of holes and actually asking you to prove the basis for your "hide the gays policy". I am not sure if you understand what a "discussion" is either, because "discrediting an argument" and discussing it aren't mutually exclusive. Also, you clearly haven't read many of my posts, because I will put swearing in if I'm arguing against a stupid, ridiculous or disgusting statement, like your assertion that we should ask gay people to hide themselves from kids on the basis of a claim you refuse to prove.

I didn't claim infallibility either or argue that those two factors are the "only ones", stop putting words in my mouth. I said that it's "more reasonable" to point to those biological factors because studies have shown links between them, and you can literally go to the Biology and Sexual Orientation page on Wikipedia and see the research that has been done on this (and more important, the hyperlinks and citations).

This is a helluva lot more substantial than your zero proof whatsoever. And btw, correlations ARE taken as a pretty strong indication of causation if other factors are isolated or accounted for. Oh wait, only pro-gay people have to prove anything and we have to live up to much higher standards of evidence, your statements are "self-evident" therefore you have no obligation to do anything except repeat them over and over again, right?

Yes, you couldn't give "two fucks" whether people deprive you of your freedom of expression which is why you've spent several posts thread bitching about "persecution and despotism", right? I find it hilarious that you're using hypothetical situations in the West to prove that you're being discriminated against, just after arguing that you can't be homophobic because you're in the Middle East.

It's also pretty funny how you argue that you don't need to "persecute" someone to deny "freedom of expression", then in your hypothetical you list a whole bunch of shit that qualifies as "persecution" and which ironically applies far more strongly to actual homosexuals in the U.S..Guess what, by all your metrics Nazis, misogynists, racists, .etc are denied "freedom of expression". I do not find this approach to be particularly worrying.

Guess what's the other way that you can deny people freedom of expression? Using the law, which doesn't apply to you considering I don't think you've even been moderated for what you've said. Even more ironically, the only person advocating a denial of freedom of expression in this way is you with your "force gay people to hide themselves from kids" shit.

Hahahah, we've got a real glass house thrower here. Dogmatism? Guess who's the one here's who's asserted a claim as "self-evident" while refusing to substantiate it? You. Who's made appeals to authority here? You, with your Plato crap. Who's arguing for a restriction of information to children so that they can be "guided" through one and only one "path of development"? You.

Also, trying to accuse others of intellectual bankruptcy and moral decay? You've advocated for an extremely immoral, destructive policy based on a shitty rationale. It's amazing how many of the accusations and attacks you've made in this thread all describe you and apply to you so much more accurately than they do to anyone else. BTW, the reason you're never gonna convince anyone with your arguments is because they're incoherent, illogical, baseless and morally repugnant, not because we're "dogmatic".

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By GazaAli

eh I made a proposition based on some argument which I never regarded as infallible. If it doesn't fly with your societies or if you're not willing to listen then I can't attempt to persuade you any further. That could very well be the result of the inadequacy and fallaciousness of my argument, or it could be the result of intellectual and moral decay on your part. Although judging by the way you approach this topic and my argument, I'm somehow inclined to believe in the later. Nevertheless, I actually would like to see homosexuality taking full root and proliferating to its utmost extent in your societies as it would be an interesting real life experiment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

eh I made a proposition based on some argument which I never regarded as infallible. If it doesn't fly with your societies or if you're not willing to listen then I can't attempt to persuade you any further. That could very well be the result of the inadequacy and fallaciousness of my argument, or it could be the result of intellectual and moral decay on your part. Although judging by the way you approach this topic and my argument, I'm somehow inclined to believe in the later. Nevertheless, I actually would like to see homosexuality taking full root and proliferating to its utmost extent in your societies as it would be an interesting real life experiment.

"the way you approach my argument" you are yet to provide any evidence for your argument.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#133 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

"The land of the free", if that was the case then this wouldn't have been an issue to begin with. US is way behind on basic equal rights imho

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@GazaAli said:

In any scenario, that's besides the point. The point that I'd like to make to you my dear zoologist is: since when do we regard the animal kingdom as our reference as human beings?

Since most of your posts are filled with complete tripe I'll simply respond this. Its because humans are FUCKING animals. Have you ever hear of comparative embryology or comparative physiology? Medical research done on animals is entirely analogous to humans. That's why we test on them in the first place.

If you can't be bothered to do a simple search to find that homosexuality has been documented through out the animal kingdom and realize how this might shoot holes through your entire argument that its counter to the natural orders of things, then it shows you're both lazy and uneducated on the subject.

'Since when do we regard the animal kingdom as our reference to human beings'. Christ, lets throw out all our medical research done on primates and rodents in the last century. I guess we can't use animal analogs for reference.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By GazaAli

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

In any scenario, that's besides the point. The point that I'd like to make to you my dear zoologist is: since when do we regard the animal kingdom as our reference as human beings?

Since most of your posts are filled with complete tripe I'll simply respond this. Its because humans are FUCKING animals. Have you ever hear of comparative embryology or comparative physiology? Medical research done on animals is entirely analogous to humans. That's why we test on them in the first place.

If you can't be bothered to do a simple search to find that homosexuality has been documented through out the animal kingdom and realize how this might shoot holes through your entire argument that its counter to the natural orders of things, then it shows you're both lazy and uneducated on the subject.

'Since when do we regard the animal kingdom as our reference to human beings'. Christ, lets throw out all our medical research done on primates and rodents in the last century. I guess we can't use animal analogs for reference.

Hmm, I don't recall ever bringing up the "homosexuality is unnatural" argument. So let me ask you, why did you bring it up? What inclined you to defend the naturality or unnaturality of homosexuality? In any case, I [personally] am not going to take the animal kingdom as my reference for the practices and norms of society or for personal affairs. If you or any other number of people want to do so, then be my guest.

I will tell you what I told the other in order to end this "discussion", I would really like to witness the proliferation of homosexuality to its utmost extent in your societies as it would be an interesting and possibly unprecedented real life experience. I can't think of any historical epoch or empire in which homosexuality became an established norm. So I take my original argument back, expose your children to homosexuality all you want and educate them from an early age on all possible variations of human sexuality. March the streets with the biggest rainbow flags that you can possibly carry and wave. Open more LGBT studies departments in your most prestigious universities. Legislate and enact more affirmative action policies in favor of LGBT people. Open gay bars, include gender neuter bathrooms in all your public venues and continue to expand the social liberties of your people. Apparently its none of my business so it should not concern me. Whatever outcome, if there would be any, that would result of this would affect no one but you. So I will admit that I should abstain from touching on this topic again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

Hmm, I don't recall ever bringing up the "homosexuality is unnatural" argument. So let me ask you, why did you bring it up? What inclined you to defend the naturality or unnaturality of homosexuality? In any case, I [personally] am not going to take the animal kingdom as my reference for the practices and norms of society or for personal affairs. If you or any other number of people want to do so, then be my guest.

I will tell you what I told the other in order to end this "discussion", I would really like to witness the proliferation of homosexuality to its utmost extent in your societies as it would be an interesting and possibly unprecedented real life experience. I can't think of any historical epoch or empire in which homosexuality became an established norm. So I take my original argument back, expose your children to homosexuality all you want and educate them from an early age on all possible variations of human sexuality. March the streets with the biggest rainbow flags that you can possibly carry and wave. Open more LGBT studies departments in your most prestigious universities. Legislate and enact more affirmative action policies in favor of LGBT people. Open gay bars, include gender neuter bathrooms in all your public venues and continue to expand the social liberties of your people. Apparently its none of my business so it should not concern me. Whatever outcome, if there's any, that would result of this would affect no one but you. So I will admit that I should abstain from touching on this topic again.

You really are closed minded aren't you. What part of exposing children to homosexuality won't make them gay don't you understand?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

"the way you approach my argument" you are yet to provide any evidence for your argument.

Oh my God how many times do I have to repeat this: I never said that my argument is true or that there exists an infallible evidence for it; all I ever said is that it may be a possibility and I wanted to have a somewhat decent discussion about it. Before I knew it, you were all screaming as if I killed your parents or something. Before someone accuses me of whining, I'm just disappointed that's all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Oh my God how many times do I have to repeat this: I never said that my argument is true or that there exists an infallible evidence for it; all I ever said is that it may be a possibility and I wanted to have a somewhat decent discussion about it. Before I knew it, you were all screaming as if I killed your parents or something. Before someone accuses me of whining, I'm just disappointed that's all.

then give the evidence

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

I will tell you what I told the other in order to end this "discussion", I would really like to witness the proliferation of homosexuality to its utmost extent in your societies as it would be an interesting and possibly unprecedented real life experience. I can't think of any historical epoch or empire in which homosexuality became an established norm. So I take my original argument back, expose your children to homosexuality all you want and educate them from an early age on all possible variations of human sexuality. March the streets with the biggest rainbow flags that you can possibly carry and wave. Open more LGBT studies departments in your most prestigious universities. Legislate and enact more affirmative action policies in favor of LGBT people. Open gay bars, include gender neuter bathrooms in all your public venues and continue to expand the social liberties of your people. Apparently its none of my business so it should not concern me. Whatever outcome, if there's any, that would result of this would affect no one but you. So I will admit that I should abstain from touching on this topic again.

You really are closed minded aren't you. What part of exposing children to homosexuality won't make them gay don't you understand?

You're a broken record aren't you? What does that have to do with my post in this quote chain?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

then give the evidence

rofl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

then give the evidence or get out

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GazaAli
@toast_burner said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

What part of my last reply to hoolahopman didn't you understand? I'm telling you that my argument no longer concerns any of you. Have it your way with your children and your societies as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#143 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@GazaAli said:

Nevertheless, I actually would like to see homosexuality taking full root and proliferating to its utmost extent in your societies as it would be an interesting real life experiment.

what is this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:
@toast_burner said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

What part of my last reply to hoolahopman didn't you understand? I'm telling you that my argument no longer concerns any of you. Have it your way with your children and your societies as well.

Arguing for the persecution of a group based on false information harms everyone. If people like you are what allow things like the holocaust to happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Storm_Marine said:

@GazaAli said:

Nevertheless, I actually would like to see homosexuality taking full root and proliferating to its utmost extent in your societies as it would be an interesting real life experiment.

what is this?

The insane ramblings of an empty mind.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By GazaAli

@Storm_Marine said:

@GazaAli said:

what is this?

Only through the culmination of something and its proliferation to its absolute extreme that it reveals itself for what it truly is. So maybe my views are actually as outdated and irrational as some people claim in this topic and I humbly perceive that I can only know for sure whether this is the case or not through the existence of an extreme example that I can observe, reflect on and go back to as a reference. In this instance, such an "extreme" example would be for homosexuality to establish itself on the ground as a norm equal in every possible way to heterosexuality.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

Arguing for the persecution of a group based on false information harms everyone. If people like you are what allow things like the holocaust to happen.

Why are you so butthurt?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@GazaAli said:

what is this?

Only through the culmination of something and its proliferation to its absolute extreme that it reveals itself for what it truly is. So maybe my views are actually as outdated and irrational as some people claim in this topic and I humbly perceive that I can only know for sure whether this is the case or not through the existence of an extreme example that I can observe, reflect on and go back to as a reference. In this instance, such an "extreme" example would be for homosexuality to establish itself on the ground as a norm equal in every possible way to heterosexuality.

By norm to you mean social or mathematical? Socially no doubt, history has shown us that nothing good comes from persecuting minorities for no valid reason. But the number of gays is not on a rise and probably never will be.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Barbariser
@GazaAli said:

Never regarded as infallible eh? So you didn't make this exact point in the post I just quoted?

@GazaAli said:

Furthermore, you're asking me to provide a proof for a rather self-evident and very rudimentary principle that may possibly be the fundamental basis for education and the human development.

I have "approached your posts" by pointing out the broken logic, misused terms and false premises that your proposition is based on. The fact that you refuse to defend or provide any proof for them should clue you in on who's "intellectually bankrupt". Also if you're so interested in societies where gay people aren't hidden from kids for no good reason, try a huge chunk of the planet or the places you asserted had "full liberty" for them last page:

@GazaAli said:

That was a mistake on my part as I was referring to countries where homosexuals have for some time now been enjoying their full liberty and admittedly the U.S is not one of them. In countries like France, Canada, Sweden, Norway...etc, in what way is it possible for a homophobe to exist in concreto as opposed to in abstracto?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@vfibsux said:

@toast_burner said:

@reaper4278 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@reaper4278 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Marriage is not natural to begin with, it is a man made organization that has radically changed since inception through the eras in allowing huge things like divorce.. Something the Catholic Church would have punished you for even suggesting such a thing 1500 years ago.. To some how argue marriage with what is natural and what isn't natural is ridiculous.. Furthermore you could make the argument that attaching your self to only one mate for your entire life isn't natural either... But marriage now a days has absolutely nothing to do with procreation.. You can have kids out of wedlock, and you don't have to have kids within wedlock.. My point wasn't even about supporting gay marriage, only pointing out that you and people like you, have the dumbest fvcking nonsensical reasons in why you stand on the issue at hand..