Michael Vick gets out of prison and is allowed to compete in the NFL

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

If you were an owner would you let him play on your team. personally i wouldnt because of the danger it could be to the other fans if say PETA were to try and attack him during a game. So despite the fact that he is probably still a good quaterback i wouldn't want the bad publicity

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
Nope. Not only the bad publicity,but I have always felt he was overated. I never felt he was a true quarterback,more of a tailback that could throw. Besides,my team has brady.
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

I'd say yes unless my quarterback is fairly good. I'd be happy for my fav team (Vikings) would take him.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I wouldn't let him play on my team, mainly because of what he did..
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FUBAR24

I'd say yes unless my quarterback is fairly good. I'd be happy for my fav team (Vikings) would take him.

moose_knuckler
isnt Farve coming out of retirement to play for the Vikings?
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

Hasn't pretty much everyone in the NFL shunned Vick?

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
well my team is the raiders so i'd welcome him with open arms...
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I wouldn't give that piece of trash the time of day. Even before the dog fighting he was still a problem in his Ron Mexico days. :roll:

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="moose_knuckler"]

I hope so. That will be the final nail in the coffin of that drama queens legacy.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700

Nope. Not only the bad publicity,but I have always felt he was overated. I never felt he was a true quarterback,more of a tailback that could throw. Besides,my team has brady.mattykovax
Yeah he sucked as a QB. Most are saying he will come back (if he does at all) as a WR or RB.

JeM760soCAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 JeM760soCAL
Member since 2008 • 546 Posts

Look at some of the other starting QB's in the NFL right now. I'd take him over Russel in Oakland, Pennington in Miami, the list goes on. He's probably rusty, but he's a natural.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="moose_knuckler"]

Yea I did look into that a little but if his shoulder isn't like it is and he plays worse (even a bit) than he did with the Jets, I don't think I can put him under the pretty good category.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pirate700

Look at some of the other starting QB's in the NFL right now. I'd take him over Russel in Oakland, Pennington in Miami, the list goes on. He's probably rusty, but he's a natural.

JeM760soCAL

Russel shouldn't even be playing. He is more fit to be holding the clipboard as a backup. I wouldn't take him over Pennington though.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

No way. Bad publicity, on top of mediocre skill set. Not worth it in the slightest. And animal cruelty is just disgusting.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="JeM760soCAL"]

Pirate700

Russel shouldn't even be playing. He is more fit to be holding the clipboard as a backup. I wouldn't take him over Pennington though.

yeah pennington actually did pretty decent last year
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pirate700

No way. Bad publicity, on top of mediocre skill set. Not worth it in the slightest. And animal cruelty is just disgusting.

warbmxjohn

I agree. He will have to go to a team who's fan's are as lowbrow as him. The Raiders are a match made in heaven.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"]

Pirate700

I agree. He will have to go to a team who's fan's are as lowbrow as him. The Raiders are a match made in heaven.

lol have the raiders fans probably dont know what he did :lol:
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 warbmxjohn

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"]

Pirate700

I could see that. I remember the fans having John Elway life-size figures in nooses at the game.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

lol have the raiders fans probably dont know what he did :lol:FUBAR24

lol everyone knows what vick did but on the field he can be a game changer and that's what the raiders need. the problem is not the players it's Al Davis.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"]

FUBAR24

Probably not since most of them have been in prison the past few years themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
What he did had nothing to do with football, so yes.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

Wasn't he suspended indefinitely?

That means forever...right?

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FUBAR24

clayron
he has been talking with the comish to lift that suspension
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 warbmxjohn

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I agree. He will have to go to a team who's fan's are as lowbrow as him. The Raiders are a match made in heaven.

Pirate700

Probably not since most of them have been in prison the past few years themselves.

I am not a Raiders Fan by any means, but thats just ridiculous to say. At least try and make it look like a joke. :?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pirate700

clayron

:| Try using a dictionary.

Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
I wouldn't. The Lions get enough (deserved) bad press as it is, we don't need Vick piling on.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I would let him try out and see if he is good enough. If he is, then I'd give him a job. If he isn't, then I wouldn't. The guy's paid his debt to society. He deserves a fair chance. Of course, I wouldn't sign him to a long contract and I'd be ready to cut him at the first hint he's being a distraction or causing trouble.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

[QUOTE="clayron"]

FUBAR24

he has been talking with the comish to lift that suspension

I would laugh but I am kind of appalled at the message that the NFL is sending right now.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"] lol have the raiders fans probably dont know what he did :lol:warbmxjohn

I am not a Raiders Fan by any means, but thats just ridiculous to say. At least try and make it look like a joke. :?

:lol: Have you ever seen or been to an Oakland game? They throw hard objects and snowballs filled with batteries at people. Then they also get into fights with everyone.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pirate700

What he did had nothing to do with football, so yes.jointed
It not having to do with football is why he ins't playing yet. Playing in the NFL is a privilege. Not a right.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 warbmxjohn

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Probably not since most of them have been in prison the past few years themselves.

Pirate700

:lol: Have you ever seen or been to an Oakland game? They throw hard objects and snowballs filled with batteries at people. Then they also get into fights with everyone.

If you wish to have a discussion, please try not to be so snide and mocking. It makes it difficult to maintain a decent conversation. Now, Yes they do do those things, and yes they are my least favorite NFL team, as I was a Bronco's Fan throughout the 90's. I know how they act, but those negative things you have said about them happens at every stadium. But you are generalizing and assuming only Oakland has unruly fans at that is ridiculous. I have seen people act like idiots at baseball games, nascar races, football games, basketball games... Asinine behavior is not exclusive to the Raiders fans.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"]I am not a Raiders Fan by any means, but thats just ridiculous to say. At least try and make it look like a joke. :?warbmxjohn

If you wish to have a discussion, please try not to be so snide and mocking. It makes it difficult to maintain a decent conversation. Now, Yes they do do those things, and yes they are my least favorite NFL team, as I was a Bronco's Fan throughout the 90's. I know how they act, but those negative things you have said about them happens at every stadium. But you are generalizing and assuming only Oakland has unruly fans at that is ridiculous. I have seen people act like idiots at baseball games, nascar races, football games, basketball games... Asinine behavior is not exclusive to the Raiders fans.

Don't take it so personally. The Raider's fans are infamous for being the most unruly in the league. They pride themselves in it. Take a chill pill.

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
I'd take Vick over Favre anyday...
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I agree. He will have to go to a team who's fan's are as lowbrow as him. The Raiders are a match made in heaven.

Pirate700

With that in mind, I'd say he could go to the Bengals as well :P
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Heck no! What that guy did is ludicrous, not only would it bring bad publicity but the very idea of letting him continue his career as if nothing happened is unorthodox : /
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"] lol have the raiders fans probably dont know what he did :lol:tbone29

With that in mind, I'd say he could go to the Bengals as well :P

:lol: Well played.

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
no, bad PR, and he's a scum.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Whatever happen to America being the land of second chances? Vick paid his debt, he made a genuine apology to everyone, and he's making every step to just play in the NFL. Ever heard of Elijah Dukes of the Washington Nationals? This guy got into so much trouble that he needs to have an ex cop shadowing him everything. I fully believe that Vick is already down on his knees right now, he is just a talented bum in deep debt, so why kick him while he's down. Those who does kick Vick down is no better than what Vick did themselves.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pirate700

Whatever happen to America being the land of second chances? Vick paid his debt, he made a genuine apology to everyone, and he's making every step to just play in the NFL. Ever heard of Elijah Dukes of the Washington Nationals? This guy got into so much trouble that he needs to have an ex cop shadowing him everything. I fully believe that Vick is already down on his knees right now, he is just a talented bum in deep debt, so why kick him while he's down. Those who does kick Vick down is no better than what Vick did themselves.hiphops_savior
He's getting a second chance. He's allowed to go back into society and get a job from whoever will hire him. That doesn't mean the NFL has to give him anything.

ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts
being a falcons fan, heck no. I was one of the people back then who wanted Michael vick to be replaced by our backup(Matt Schaub), and now we have Matt Ryan.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]Whatever happen to America being the land of second chances? Vick paid his debt, he made a genuine apology to everyone, and he's making every step to just play in the NFL. Ever heard of Elijah Dukes of the Washington Nationals? This guy got into so much trouble that he needs to have an ex cop shadowing him everything. I fully believe that Vick is already down on his knees right now, he is just a talented bum in deep debt, so why kick him while he's down. Those who does kick Vick down is no better than what Vick did themselves.Pirate700

He's getting a second chance. He's allowed to go back into society and get a job from whoever will hire him. That doesn't mean the NFL has to give him anything.

exactly. he shouldnt be given his second chance on a silver platter. he has to earn it like the rest of us americans
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I wouldn't take him because he wasn't a good QB.
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 AFraud
Member since 2004 • 1500 Posts

I'm all for second chances, but playing in the NFL is a great privilege most will never have, and I think he lost thatprivilege when he decided to brutalize animals for entertainment and profit.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

He's scum, I wouldn't let/want him to play for my team.

WittyGBanter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WittyGBanter
Member since 2002 • 19866 Posts

Absolutely. He served his time and he lost a hell of a lot, time to stop moral crusading and let him be. Revisionist history is a wonderful thing, Vick was a beast when he played, there hasnt been an athlete like him at QB but he didnt grow fast enough at that position (well, well's never know if he would have since he lost a year). I think he needs to reinvent himself, like an RB or WR type weapon. I'd be fine with my Panthers signing him.

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

If I was the owner of the Vikings and Vick was still good, I would jump at him. Add Vick and a franchise WR you have a scary team, a 5-headed monster.

Moroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 Moroes
Member since 2008 • 2041 Posts
I can see him going to the European NFL, but I don't think any NFL team will gamble on him.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

What team needs him? I'd take just about any starting QB in the NFL right now over him. There are only a few who I tink he can do a better job than, and even with them they're either unproven or inconsistent, and you can't say Vick doesn't have problems with consistency himself. You also have to remember that he's not the greatest pocket passer, he's more of a mobile QB. He needs a good running game, physical receivers, and a coach who will focus on shorter passes and screens over big passing plays. He will never succeed in a west coast offense, and the only possibilities I see for him are Tampa, Cleveland, Houston, or Miami.

Tampa seems to have a set philosophy regarding QBs, and it doesn't seem Vick would fit that philosophy. If every one of their QBs is a bust, maybe, but we won't know that for at least another couple of seasons. If Matt Schaub can stay healthy in Houston he's a better QB than Vick, and even then the way their passing game is set up I doubt it's a good fit for Vick. Cleveland is riding on Brady Quinn right now and if he busts they might be interested, but I don't think they're going to give up on him until at least the end of this season. Miami is probably the best fit for him in terms of how the offense is set up, but if Pat White and Chad Pennington live up to expectations I wouldn't even take a second look at Vick. Every other team would be better off without him. Honestly, I don't see him having a starting career anymore. He'd be a servicable backup for most teams, but as far as being a starter i highly doubt it.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I don't see him having a realistic chance at joining any teams. Even though he did his time, those things can haunt you forever. If Vick is truly remorseful of his crime, I think it would only be fair to forgive after his punishment have been given and accepted. People act like he's the scum of the Earth.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

If I was the owner of the Vikings and Vick was still good, I would jump at him. Add Vick and a franchise WR you have a scary team, a 5-headed monster.

Ace_WondersX

T-Jack is a better fit for the offense and would do better on their system than Vick. You have a great receiver in Bernard Berrian and Percy Harvin will most likely develop into a great recever. Vick's a move the chains type of guy and you don't need that when you have a back like Adrian Peterson.