Mary Jane opinions

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I have no issue with it and think it should be fully legal provided:

-You must not smoke within X number of feet from doorways or air intakes in public. In places like parks, universities, etc., you must smoke in a designated zone (I feel this for cigarettes as well). I don't want to be enjoying a public park and somebody is smoking (anything) right beside where I am just because they're outdoors)

-It's age-restricted like cigarettes and booze. Yes, kids drink and smoke despite that, but age regulation for non-medicinal pot seems like the obvious way to go.

-DUI status for driving high, like for driving drunk, for recreational users. I'm sure there are some people who are good drivers while high, but there are enough who would have slowed reaction rates that it could (and already does) cause problems on the road. Those who take THC oil or use it medicinally long-term would be given tests by their doctors and tested on a driving simulator to see if they're able to drive safely while using it, similar to the way they test people for other potentially impairing drugs.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I don't think anyone has a right to tell you want you can or cannot put into YOUR body.

That's what I think

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@mwright469: i've never used it, but i don't think there is anything wrong with it.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@mwright469 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Lol....... Right, so a refined form of a completely natural substance is not natural, but chopping down a plant, drying and curing it, putting it in a pipe and using a lighter to smoke it, is somehow more natural. I'm about the biggest fan of the ganj there is, but you're a dumb shit if you think heroin is somehow less natural than pot. It comes from opium poppies. They don't chemically alter it or make it different from how it was originally, they simply concentrate the desired chemicals into a purer form. Or, are you also going to say that wax or oil is now unnatural as well because it is refined, concentrated THC? Also, sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but people have been smoking Tobacco long before the advent of pesticides or any other compounds, and guess what? It was still giving people cancer then, and it's still giving people cancer now. It's just worse in modern times. Please, don't try to be smart, it isn't a good fit for you.

PS: Go try and smoke some natural, untouched hemlock leaves there buddy, I'm sure it'll work out great for you.

I pointed out where I stopped reading. If you really thought I was going to read your crybaby reply to me, you are dumber than I first suspected. You were wrong in your first post, I have no desire to read anything else from you on the subject.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@inb4uall said:

I think pot is addictive. It may not had harmful physical effects but it can make you less motivated and it can be dangerous if people drive high. I don't like pot or alcohol. if they are going to make it legal it should have a very very high tax rate.

Can you be more clear on this? I smoked daily for nearly 15 years, started getting anxiety attacks when I smoked, and dropped it like I never smoked a day in my life. I could only wish nicotine were that easy to quit.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bforrester420

@Shmiity said:

@foxhound_fox: I already said this. If you smoke or drink in a party setting, its whatever to me. I treat them the same. But if you're a pot head, you're a loser. Are you 15 years old rebelling against your mom? Pot is so immature to me. I really associate it with low lifes and losers. I'm sorry.

Your opinion and $.25 will buy a really bad cup of coffee. How old are you? You sound like the 15 year-old.

I went to school (Purdue University) with guys that are now lawyers, a professor of Linguistic Anthropology, software engineers, and a cancer research doctor with the CDC in Atlanta that still smoke. Are they low-life losers too? I have two bachelor's degrees (Information Systems and Finance), am working on an MBA (Butler University), have 16 years in a career with the same company, and I used to smoke daily. Am I a low-life loser?

You know what is immature to me? Painting everyone with the same brush without one ounce of critical thought.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

I don't like to use it myself but it should definitely be legal.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@lostrib: chillin with your buddies having a joint is one of the most fun things in life, I remember many times we would be rolling around the floor crying with laughter, or having deep meaningful conversations, it never made us want to go out and beat the hell out of someone or cause damage to property like alcohol does. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it should be tried at least once.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ariabed said:

@lostrib: chillin with your buddies having a joint is one of the most fun things in life, I remember many times we would be rolling around the floor crying with laughter, or having deep meaningful conversations, it never made us want to go out and beat the hell out of someone or cause damage to property like alcohol does. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it should be tried at least once.

no thanks

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I think you're stupid if you smoke it but I don't think it should be illegal.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Shmiity said:

@foxhound_fox: I just don't think smoking weed is cool. Not in the condescending sense that "That's a drug, man, that's not cool". But in a sense that, if you can't enjoy yourself or what you're doing without some substance help, I just don't think you're very cool. It's not the real you, you're just fucked up.

Who said they can't enjoy what they're doing without some substance help? People who enjoy reading while high also enjoy reading while not high. It's just that they also enjoy being high.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MrGeezer

@ariabed said:

I also have a problem with this, the idea that everyone should try it. At least you're also admitting that it's not for everyone, I've seen people go way farther in advocating marijuana use. But here's the thing...there are risks involved. The stuff is still illegal in many places. If someone takes your advice and then gets arrested for weed, are you gonna be paying their bail? If someone takes your advice and then gets fired for failing a drug test at work, are you gonna be giving them another job? If someone takes your advice and tries marijuana, they're carrying 100% of the risk while you carry none of it. If nothing else, that just sort of makes the advice pretty hollow. It's really easy to advise someone else to try weed when the only one it can possibly hurt is them.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@inb4uall said:

I think pot is addictive. It may not had harmful physical effects but it can make you less motivated and it can be dangerous if people drive high. I don't like pot or alcohol. if they are going to make it legal it should have a very very high tax rate.

cnn did a report that showed people driving mostly fine while stoned out of their gourds.

they didn't get sloppy until they hit 5 times the legal limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1HavgoK9E

it's not smart to do or anything because it does affect your skills but acting like it is a big deal is not really very accurate.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@ariabed said:

I also have a problem with this, the idea that everyone should try it. At least you're also admitting that it's not for everyone, I've seen people go way farther in advocating marijuana use. But here's the thing...there are risks involved. The stuff is still illegal in many places. If someone takes your advice and then gets arrested for weed, are you gonna be paying their bail? If someone takes your advice and then gets fired for failing a drug test at work, are you gonna be giving them another job? If someone takes your advice and tries marijuana, they're carrying 100% of the risk while you carry none of it. If nothing else, that just sort of makes the advice pretty hollow. It's really easy to advise someone else to try weed when the only one it can possibly hurt is them.

100% of the risk you described is the result of an arbitrary, arguably draconian institutionalized stigma against marijuana.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lostrib

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@MrGeezer said:

@ariabed said:

100% of the risk you described is the result of an arbitrary, arguably draconian institutionalized stigma against marijuana.

Okay, it's still a risk.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 -Sun_Tzu-

@lostrib said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@MrGeezer said:

@ariabed said:

Okay, it's still a risk.

That has nothing to do with the drug itself but rather society's reaction to it. All of those risks would disappear with the stroke of a pen.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lostrib

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@lostrib said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@MrGeezer said:

@ariabed said:

Okay, it's still a risk.

That has nothing to do with the drug itself but rather society's reaction to it. All of those risks would disappear with the stroke of a pen.

Okay, but at this time it is a real risk

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-

@lostrib said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@lostrib said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@MrGeezer said:

@ariabed said:

Okay, it's still a risk.

My (and I think ariabed's) point is that all things being equal and based purely on the merits of the drug itself, people should experiment with weed at least once in their life. Although personally I have mixed feelings about marijuana being legalized - I fully support ending prohibition but the anarchist inside me sees real benefit in having it remain illegal (although I don't think that the benefits outweigh the negatives) - aside from the inevitable corporatization that will result from legalization, the criminalization of weed serves as a sort of "intelligence test", to borrow a phrase from Terence McKenna.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

It's alright, I guess.

Anything harder though, ugh. Not a fan m8.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@Aljosa23 said:

It's alright, I guess.

Anything harder though, ugh. Not a fan m8.

Hey man you haven't lived until you've snorted meth off a stripper's asshole while in a drunken stupor.

Don't knock it until you try it

"drunken stupor"

there's that phrase again smh

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -Sun_Tzu-

Come at me

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#76 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I don't really care about it. I can't really use it at all due to a chronic condition I have, so it being legalized would do pretty much nothing for me.

Also, I wish more people would just say it should be legalized because they enjoy it. Can't tell you how many times I've heard people spout a huge list of excuses, when in reality, it boils down to "I like it."

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lostrib

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@lostrib said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

My (and I think ariabed's) point is that all things being equal and based purely on the merits of the drug itself, people should experiment with weed at least once in their life. Although personally I have mixed feelings about marijuana being legalized - I fully support ending prohibition but the anarchist inside me sees real benefit in having it remain illegal (although I don't think that the benefits outweigh the negatives) - aside from the inevitable corporatization that will result from legalization, the criminalization of weed serves as a sort of "intelligence test", to borrow a phrase from Terence McKenna.

Once again, no thanks.

And since we live in reality, people need to consider the fact that weed is illegal in many places before trying it

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-

@lostrib said:

since we live in reality, people need to consider the fact that weed is illegal in many places before trying it

Hence my remark on intelligence tests

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Ariabed

@MrGeezer: yeah it is hollow advice I know it is, take it or leave it. We are all grown ups here and can make our own decisions. We all know the risk we know it's illegal. So if someone decides to try weed cos some guy on a forum said so, then they have made that decision for themselves, and more than likely they were gonna try it anyway. Also as I said b4 all things in moderation cos to much weed can cause mental problems and medical problems.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mwright469 said:

Ah yes, cannabis, affectionately known as weed, herb, pot, ganja, sensi, and marijooowanna. What is your opinion on this little marvel of nature?

Let me say, I do not condone most drugs. Substances like heroin, amphetamines, opiates, prescription pills, meth, cocaine, ketamine, and yes, alcohol and cigarettes, are all extremely, extremely detrimental to your health. I'm the first one to tell you not to do any of these.

However, I feel that weed is different. No, not because "it's a plant and it comes from the earth so it's good for you", that's a stupid excuse that halfwits use without considering the fact that heroin and tobacco also come from plants.

I stopped reading right there. Heroin is made from a plant, but is not natural, weed is. You do not alter weed. Tobacco isn't the issue, it is the chemicals used it in that is the issue. Only a halfwit would try to compare weed to heroin and tobacco in this way.

I'm all for the occasional toke, but weed is most definitely altered. I live in CA, and you can't walk into a medical dispensary and just buy plain, old cannabis grown from the ground. Modern day marijuana is cultivated by chemists who inject it with every kind of everything to achieve maximum potency. Weed is heavily altered.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MrGeezer

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@lostrib said:

since we live in reality, people need to consider the fact that weed is illegal in many places before trying it

What the hell does that even mean? I'm not quite clear on that, but the impression I'm getting is that you're implying that only an idiot is dumb enough to get CAUGHT with weed, and that they therefore deserve what they get. If I'm wrong on that then feel free to correct me. Until then, I'm going to proceed as if that's what you meant.

In that case, dude...what the ****? Isn't one of the primary arguments for legalization (or decriminalization) of weed that it's a drain on the system to have so many nonviolent people end up incarcerated or unemployed just for getting caught with a drug that by most accounts is almost harmless? But hey...**** that if it lets you laugh at some dumbasses for getting caught.

Furthermore, there are people for whom the risks are too great. As in, they like weed, but they have good jobs that would be in jeopardy if they got busted on drug charges. They don't trust themselves to be able to avoid getting caught, not when their jobs are on the line, so they don't use weed. If you like, you can rephrase that as "they don't think they're smart enough to not get caught". Now...if one of the primary REASONS that they don't use it is because they don't trust that they're smart enough to keep getting away with it, then what the hell do they stand to gain from using it anyway because it serves as an intelligence test? If they get caught, then that means they're stupid. The thing is, THEY ALREADY THOUGHT THEY WERE STUPID which was why they avoided weed in the first place. The results of this "intelligence test" don't benefit anyone other than the asshole who likes to laugh when stupid criminals get arrested. Which, again, makes this advice that has zero benefit to the person who is carrying 100% of the risk. And again...how fucking useful is advice when that advice tells you to take risks and then get no benefits? This is NEVER a "lose" scenario for the person giving the advice, because even if the advice is bad, his ass is sitting comfortable in front of his monitor laughing about how someone was dumb enough to take his advice. But it very well COULD be a "lose" scenario for the person taking the advice, which makes the advice pretty fucking worthless. It's no different than when you get a job at McDonalds and then your homie shows up and says, "yo, brother, hook a brother up. It'll be cool." That's how you know that he ain't your homie. No matter how things go down, it can't go bad for him because it isn't HIS job on the line. But it can go bad for YOU, and your homie just plain doesn't give a shit because it isn't his ass on the line.

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 WickedChainy
Member since 2012 • 319 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mwright469 said:

Ah yes, cannabis, affectionately known as weed, herb, pot, ganja, sensi, and marijooowanna. What is your opinion on this little marvel of nature?

Let me say, I do not condone most drugs. Substances like heroin, amphetamines, opiates, prescription pills, meth, cocaine, ketamine, and yes, alcohol and cigarettes, are all extremely, extremely detrimental to your health. I'm the first one to tell you not to do any of these.

However, I feel that weed is different. No, not because "it's a plant and it comes from the earth so it's good for you", that's a stupid excuse that halfwits use without considering the fact that heroin and tobacco also come from plants.

I stopped reading right there. Heroin is made from a plant, but is not natural, weed is. You do not alter weed. Tobacco isn't the issue, it is the chemicals used it in that is the issue. Only a halfwit would try to compare weed to heroin and tobacco in this way.

I'm all for the occasional toke, but weed is most definitely altered. I live in CA, and you can't walk into a medical dispensary and just buy plain, old cannabis grown from the ground. Modern day marijuana is cultivated by chemists who inject it with every kind of everything to achieve maximum potency. Weed is heavily altered.

You can only buy Marijuana that was grown naturally from the ground. I know several people that grow(I live in Colorado) and you clearly know nothing of what you're talking about. Marijuana strains are carefully breed to acquire higher potency, but chemists are not injecting all types of stuff into Marijuana to make it more potent. People have been breeding traits that they like, but they're not doing anything unnatural to alter the plant.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@WickedChainy said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mwright469 said:

You can only buy Marijuana that was grown naturally from the ground. I know several people that grow(I live in Colorado) and you clearly know nothing of what you're talking about. Marijuana strains are carefully breed to acquire higher potency, but chemists are not injecting all types of stuff into Marijuana to make it more potent. People have been breeding traits that they like, but they're not doing anything unnatural to alter the plant.

They're altering the plant. That's unnatural. Marijuana doesn't grow the way it's found in dispensaries. I'm just letting you know I'm not participating in this conversation beyond this post. Just spend some time looking into it if you feel this is something that's actually worthy of an argument, and you'll find plants don't grow that way. Marijuana cultivation is science now. It's grown in labs, not outdoors. Outdoor grown marijuana is ditch weed. My participation in this conversation is now over. Have a good day.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#84 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@WickedChainy said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mwright469 said:

Ditto.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#85 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

@bforrester420: Doesn't change my opinion that pot heads are low-life losers. I don't really care what you have to say. Your name has fucking 420 in it- That's embarrassing.

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 WickedChainy
Member since 2012 • 319 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@WickedChainy said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mwright469 said:

They're altering the plant. That's unnatural. Marijuana doesn't grow the way it's found in dispensaries. I'm just letting you know I'm not participating in this conversation beyond this post. Just spend some time looking into it if you feel this is something that's actually worthy of an argument, and you'll find plants don't grow that way. Marijuana cultivation is science now. It's grown in labs, not outdoors. Outdoor grown marijuana is ditch weed. My participation in this conversation is now over. Have a good day.

You're more than welcome to not reply and to leave this conversation, but for everyone else reading I don't want them to be confused by your completely incorrect statements. It's not grown in labs and the breeding techniques used are completely natural and have been used for 100's of years. I'm kinda glad you're done reply because I don't have to worry about trying to correct your completely uneducated statements so other people interested in this conversation aren't confused by you.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-

@MrGeezer said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@lostrib said:

What the hell does that even mean? I'm not quite clear on that, but the impression I'm getting is that you're implying that only an idiot is dumb enough to get CAUGHT with weed, and that they therefore deserve what they get. If I'm wrong on that then feel free to correct me. Until then, I'm going to proceed as if that's what you meant.

In that case, dude...what the ****? Isn't one of the primary arguments for legalization (or decriminalization) of weed that it's a drain on the system to have so many nonviolent people end up incarcerated or unemployed just for getting caught with a drug that by most accounts is almost harmless? But hey...**** that if it lets you laugh at some dumbasses for getting caught.

Furthermore, there are people for whom the risks are too great. As in, they like weed, but they have good jobs that would be in jeopardy if they got busted on drug charges. They don't trust themselves to be able to avoid getting caught, not when their jobs are on the line, so they don't use weed. If you like, you can rephrase that as "they don't think they're smart enough to not get caught". Now...if one of the primary REASONS that they don't use it is because they don't trust that they're smart enough to keep getting away with it, then what the hell do they stand to gain from using it anyway because it serves as an intelligence test? If they get caught, then that means they're stupid. The thing is, THEY ALREADY THOUGHT THEY WERE STUPID which was why they avoided weed in the first place. The results of this "intelligence test" don't benefit anyone other than the asshole who likes to laugh when stupid criminals get arrested. Which, again, makes this advice that has zero benefit to the person who is carrying 100% of the risk. And again...how fucking useful is advice when that advice tells you to take risks and then get no benefits? This is NEVER a "lose" scenario for the person giving the advice, because even if the advice is bad, his ass is sitting comfortable in front of his monitor laughing about how someone was dumb enough to take his advice. But it very well COULD be a "lose" scenario for the person taking the advice, which makes the advice pretty fucking worthless. It's no different than when you get a job at McDonalds and then your homie shows up and says, "yo, brother, hook a brother up. It'll be cool." That's how you know that he ain't your homie. No matter how things go down, it can't go bad for him because it isn't HIS job on the line. But it can go bad for YOU, and your homie just plain doesn't give a shit because it isn't his ass on the line.

No, no, no. While I'm not quite saying the exact opposite of what you think I said, what I mean is intelligence test not based on whether or not someone gets caught or not - that's something that depends on who the state is going after more so than the intelligence of the person who gets caught. It's an intelligence test based on whether or not you've been able to come to the realization that the government's laws towards marijuana are not only arbitrary but should be disregarded. I'm not saying the people who get caught have failed the intelligence test - au contraire these people are among those who have passed, and in my view I think it's very telling that the state's reaction to the people who have passed this test is the seeking of their long term incarceration.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Just a reminder for everyone here:

Talking about your own personal usage of or experience with marijuana--or any other illegal substance, for that matter--is still against the site's ToU and isn't allowed. And before anyone mentions it, Yes, we know that it's legal in certain states, but it's still illegal under federal law, and until otherwise noted in the ToU, keep any anecdotes you may have about it to yourselves. We had to remove a few posts already, any more and we'll have to close the thread--and we rather not do that.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By bforrester420

@Shmiity said:

@bforrester420: Doesn't change my opinion that pot heads are low-life losers. I don't really care what you have to say. Your name has fucking 420 in it- That's embarrassing.

Well, I can see that you're a rational, well educated individual that judges things on a case-by-case scenario. Twenty years ago you would have been a tremendous bigot, if that doesn't describe you now.

Grow up.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: Yeah, I gotta call bullshit on this one. First, a hydroponics lab is nothing more than a way to build a better mousetrap. You grow in the ground and all you're doing is throwing a crap shoot about whether the nutrients available to the plant will be sufficient to grow a marketable product. In a hydroponic lab, you have complete control over the nutrients to ensure the plant has the optimal conditions to grow to it's fullest potential.

And the claim that people inject the buds with some kind of potency steroid is illogical to the point of lunacy- considering the sheer number of medium sized buds required to make up a single ounce(much less the tens, or even dozens, of pounds some of these places have on hand) is so enormously cost- and time prohibitive(because your highly theoretical potency steroid must be expensive) that it just doesn't make any sense.

Do you seriously believe that in each of these pot shops that there's some dude in the back room individually injecting every single bud that comes through the door? Ridiculous.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MrGeezer

@ariabed said:

@MrGeezer: yeah it is hollow advice I know it is, take it or leave it. We are all grown ups here and can make our own decisions. We all know the risk we know it's illegal. So if someone decides to try weed cos some guy on a forum said so, then they have made that decision for themselves, and more than likely they were gonna try it anyway. Also as I said b4 all things in moderation cos to much weed can cause mental problems and medical problems.

In other words, "if you're dumb enough to take my advice, then you deserve what you get." This would be fine if you were upfront about how worthless your advice was, but notice how I actually had to pry that out of you.

And I've seen that shit a lot from pro-pot advocates. Many of them present their bullshit arguments as solid information or advice in order to gain converts. Then the second that they get called out on it they say, "don't blame me, blame that person for being dumb enough to believe me." Do you know what that does? That paints you as someone who is DELIBERATELY giving bad fucking advice. Then when someone takes your advice and gets run over by a bus, you throw up your hands and say, "hey, I didn't do anything."

I'm sure many people here got a job at McDonalds or some shitty place like that, and at one point had their homie show up saying, "dude, you can hook me up. Give me a few extra burgers with my order, no one will notice." Then you get CAUGHT stealing hamburgers for your homie, and your homie says, "don't blame me, that's your fault for being stupid enough to take my advice." While he's not technically wrong, that's enough to determine that he's also a real piece of shit. Yeah, it sort of is your fault for being stupid enough to trust the piece of shit who is spewing garbage out of his asshole. But that ALSO firmly establishes him as a piece of shit. His entire defense revolves around you being too stupid to realize that he's a piece of shit. In fact, he deliberately avoided out how stupid his advice was, simply because failing to do so opened up the possibility of getting a few free burgers.That person is indeed what is referred to as a "piece of shit." Retroactively pointing out that his advice was fucking stupid just makes him out to be MORE of an asshole. This isn't a case of someone just being ignorant or mistaken. This is a case of someone knowing EXACTLY how bad their advice is and then giving that advice anyway due to a possibilty of it benefitting them personally.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ariabed

@MrGeezer: wow yeah your right I'm a piece if shit, thank you for enlightening me. Maybe now I can be a better person.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

I think certain kinds of people should avoid it.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MrGeezer

@ariabed said:

@MrGeezer: wow yeah your right I'm a piece if shit, thank you for enlightening me. Maybe now I can be a better person.

Let's take it one step at a time. For starters, how about just not deliberately giving people stupid advice and then going "hey, it's his fault for believing me" when people call you out on it.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Ariabed

@MrGeezer: even though your right to certain degree, I wasn't really giving advice it was just my opinion on the matter. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt or in trouble cos of something I suggested, that's the last thing I would want and it wouldn't benifit me in any way.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Again--for the handful of people who missed it the first time around:

Discussions/admittance about your own personal use or preference of drugs IS NOT ALLOWED!

The next person to do so gets hit with a moderation, and the topic will be locked. Don't say I didn't warn you.

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

Would never personally smoke it but it should be legalized.