Man commits robbery for $35 ribs, gets 50 years in prison

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

A habitual offender may have committed his final felony, after a jury sentenced him to 50 years for stealing a rack of ribs from a shop.

Willie Smith Ward, 43, attempted to steal the $35 large rack of ribs at the H-E-B store in Waco, Texas, by smuggling it underneath his shirt. Ward was then apprehended in the car park by a shopping assistant, who noticed the bulge and tried to stop him leaving.

According to the Waco Tribune-Herald, his act of theft was heightened to robbery when he threatened the employee by telling him he was in possession of a knife. According to the employees testimony, he added: If you dont leave me alone, Ill show you what I got, before running off. He was later arrested.

A jury in Wacos 19th State District Court took just two minutes to convict Ward for robbery and an hour to recommend a sentence. Ward already had five previous felonies and four convictions for misdemeanours. His previous convictions have been for crimes including burglary, attempted robbery, aggravated assault, leaving the scene of an accident and possession of cocaine.

Assistant District Attorney J.R. Vicha, prosecuting, told Ward: This verdict shows that the citizens of this county will not tolerate a continued disrespect and disregard for other people and their property. People who choose to do so will be dealt with seriously and appropriately.

He will have to serve at least a quarter of his sentence before being eligible for parole. He allegedly rejected a 20-year prison sentence in a plea bargain before the trial.

willie-smith-ward1.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-in-waco-texas-gets-50-years-in-prison-for-stealing-a-35-rack-of-ribs-8640078.html

Priors are a bitch. I expected this story to come from California or Florida tbh lol.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

If the guy already had 5 felonies, whether he's now stealing ribs or something worse, he seems like a lifer anyway. There's a lot of people that are just lifelong criminals.

dude_brahmski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dude_brahmski
Member since 2013 • 472 Posts

According to the Waco Tribune-Herald, his act of theft was heightened to robbery when he threatened the employee by telling him he was in possession of a knife. According to the employees testimony, he added: If you dont leave me alone, Ill show you what I got, before running off.

Aljosa23

Honestly, I'd say this detail in confluence with prior felonies matters a bit more than the ribs. Also, he rejected a plea bargain for 20, so, yeah.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
The sentence this topic is about is too harsh for the crime commited. The thief should get counseling, but not a ridiculous prison term.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

That's unfortunate.

He's obviously a criminal, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime...even though he has so many priors.

The bureaucratic legal system has some serious flaws.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'm assuming texas doesn't have some sort of 3 strikes law like in California?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

good riddance

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
doesn't seem unreasonable. he's a consistent felon, he threatened somebody with a knife, and he gambled away the plea.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

5 felonies, 4 misdemeanors, cocaine addict, threatened a guy with a knife, and turned down the 20 year plea bargain.

the title makes it sound as if the sentence is unreasonable.. a guy like this has no place in society.

Kid_Black_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 Kid_Black_Star
Member since 2009 • 506 Posts

A habitual offender may have committed his final felony, after a jury sentenced him to 50 years for stealing a rack of ribs from a shop.

Willie Smith Ward, 43, attempted to steal the $35 large rack of ribs at the H-E-B store in Waco, Texas, by smuggling it underneath his shirt. Ward was then apprehended in the car park by a shopping assistant, who noticed the bulge and tried to stop him leaving.

According to the Waco Tribune-Herald, his act of theft was heightened to robbery when he threatened the employee by telling him he was in possession of a knife. According to the employees testimony, he added: If you dont leave me alone, Ill show you what I got, before running off. He was later arrested.

A jury in Wacos 19th State District Court took just two minutes to convict Ward for robbery and an hour to recommend a sentence. Ward already had five previous felonies and four convictions for misdemeanours. His previous convictions have been for crimes including burglary, attempted robbery, aggravated assault, leaving the scene of an accident and possession of cocaine.

Assistant District Attorney J.R. Vicha, prosecuting, told Ward: This verdict shows that the citizens of this county will not tolerate a continued disrespect and disregard for other people and their property. People who choose to do so will be dealt with seriously and appropriately.

He will have to serve at least a quarter of his sentence before being eligible for parole. He allegedly rejected a 20-year prison sentence in a plea bargain before the trial.

willie-smith-ward1.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-in-waco-texas-gets-50-years-in-prison-for-stealing-a-35-rack-of-ribs-8640078.html

Priors are a bitch. I expected this story to come from California or Florida tbh lol.

Aljosa23

I laughed to hard at this honestly.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
I can't help but burst into laughter every time I look at that dudes face.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
Oh well. Am I supposed to care that some moron was convicted after multiple felonies?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Oh well. Am I supposed to care that some moron was convicted after multiple felonies?LJS9502_basic
Naw I just thought it was funny because the dude seems crazy and the mugshot is hilarious lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

edited the title

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts
This man is just draining money from the system now, the corrections system really should try to get these people on their feet leading decent lives, now this guy is gonna be sucking up tens of thousands in tax payer money each year to keep him incarcerated. Man just wanted a rack of ribs. Kind of hard to earn money when you can't get a job because of your felony record, lack of work history, and without a job to lead a decent life that's less money to buy food, meaning unless you feel like starving you're gonna have to steal to eat... the again I don't know this guys circumstances, sometimes people in the system are just insane, but if he was stealing food I think it probably suggest crime of necessity, it's sad that can lead to a life in the slammer. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be punish, but the time should fit the crime.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

5 felonies, 4 misdemeanors, cocaine addict, threatened a guy with a knife, and turned down the 20 year plea bargain.

the title makes it sound as if the sentence is unreasonable.. a guy like this has no place in society.

Sword-Demon
This. Justice has been served. Lock that scumbag up and put away the key.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Murderstyle75
He should have become a muslum. At least then he wouldn't have been stealing ribs.
meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

Only 50 years? He should have got the death penalty, to be honest. :D

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't fall into the "too big to jail" category.

If he'd been the CEO of a bank, he could have stolen a couple of billion Dollars and received a bailout-funded bonus instead of a jail sentence.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
americans are dumb, we europeans are smart
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Murderstyle75
life is shit. if youre born into a low income household, its ggJustSignedUp
Which shouldn't mean shit. Most of our ancestors were all low income with little to no education and worked their asses off.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Sounds like a potentially dangerous man, especially for the threats he made. He was given too many chances and now he deserves what's coming to him.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
The guy is clearly a problem. But there is simply no way to justify 50 years.
SandwichLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SandwichLord
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts
The prison-industrial complex is doing its job of growing the inmate population. Yeah the guy has prior felonies, they probably all stem from his drug addiction. Addicted to cocaine; sent to prison for it; receives no kind of therapy or rehab to actual address his drug problem; released back into society with no money, no job, and the only thing keeping him from his drug habit is a forced detox and and a little vacation; arrested again for robbery to support his addiction; cycle repeats. It's absolutely crazy that the U.S. is so willing to lock prisoners up and do absolutely nothing to prevent them from going back. In fact, it creates an environment that pretty much guarantees a inmate will return once released. I'm not saying this is the story of this particular individual, but it very likely is, and it's the story of thousands of other inmates in our prisons. Obviously he deserves to be punished for what he did, but I think our tax dollars would be better served rehabilitating these individuals, rather than paying private companies that profit from keeping inmates in the system.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

americans are dumb, we europeans are smartevildead6789

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry i know you're trolling, but that struck my funny bone.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

The prison-industrial complex is doing its job of growing the inmate population. Yeah the guy has prior felonies, they probably all stem from his drug addiction. Addicted to cocaine; sent to prison for it; receives no kind of therapy or rehab to actual address his drug problem; released back into society with no money, no job, and the only thing keeping him from his drug habit is a forced detox and and a little vacation; arrested again for robbery to support his addiction; cycle repeats. It's absolutely crazy that the U.S. is so willing to lock prisoners up and do absolutely nothing to prevent them from going back. In fact, it creates an environment that pretty much guarantees a inmate will return once released. I'm not saying this is the story of this particular individual, but it very likely is, and it's the story of thousands of other inmates in our prisons. Obviously he deserves to be punished for what he did, but I think our tax dollars would be better served rehabilitating these individuals, rather than paying private companies that profit from keeping inmates in the system.SandwichLord
Yeah, I think I remember hearing about how Norway rehabilitates its criminals (who have comfortable cells) and something like 90% of them don't re-offend. I don't know if that's true or not. But really, if there are illegal drugs that are proven to have more pros than cons, then we should legalize them and pull out any offenders who just have drug charges on them. Prisons are for murderers, burglars, rapists, pedophiles, and any other assholes that pose a legit threat to society, not a dude who was caught with a few grams of cocaine.

SandwichLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SandwichLord
[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]life is shit. if youre born into a low income household, its ggMurderstyle75
Which shouldn't mean shit. Most of our ancestors were all low income with little to no education and worked their asses off.

It means a ton. If you are born into a low income household your opportunities to succeed are significantly reduced. Low income areas have the worst schools, so you are at an educational disadvantage. The majority of those around you are involved in illegal activities and peer pressure is constantly tugging at you to join in. You have to deal with drugs, parents that aren't around, violent crime; thriving in this environment is extremely difficult, not to mention psychologically damaging. If it was that easy to make it, more people would. But sadly, the vast majority stay stuck in the circle; it's hard not to when becoming a pro athlete or musician are your best chances at living a decent life. Most families that are are poor stay poor for generations. And if not for the industrial revolution, or the opportunity to leave to a new world, your family would probably still be poor too. Also, it's impossible for everyone to make it. There are only so many jobs. Not everyone can be a doctor or a lawyer. There are people that will have to work at McDonald's their whole life, that's how our economy works. If all the low income households were suddenly able to make $50,000 a year, $50,000 would just become the new $15,000 and they'd still be poor.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]life is shit. if youre born into a low income household, its ggSandwichLord

It means a ton. If you are born into a low income household your opportunities to succeed are significantly reduced. Low income areas have the worst schools, so you are at an educational disadvantage. The majority of those around you are involved in illegal activities and peer pressure is constantly tugging at you to join in. You have to deal with drugs, parents that aren't around, violent crime; thriving in this environment is extremely difficult, not to mention psychologically damaging. If it was that easy to make it, more people would. But sadly, the vast majority stay stuck in the circle; it's hard not to when becoming a pro athlete or musician are your best chances at living a decent life. Most families that are are poor stay poor for generations. And if not for the industrial revolution, or the opportunity to leave to a new world, your family would probably still be poor too. Also, it's impossible for everyone to make it. There are only so many jobs. Not everyone can be a doctor or a lawyer. There are people that will have to work at McDonald's their whole life, that's how our economy works. If all the low income households were suddenly able to make $50,000 a year, $50,000 would just become the new $15,000 and they'd still be poor.

thus, technocracy.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="SandwichLord"]The prison-industrial complex is doing its job of growing the inmate population. Yeah the guy has prior felonies, they probably all stem from his drug addiction. Addicted to cocaine; sent to prison for it; receives no kind of therapy or rehab to actual address his drug problem; released back into society with no money, no job, and the only thing keeping him from his drug habit is a forced detox and and a little vacation; arrested again for robbery to support his addiction; cycle repeats. It's absolutely crazy that the U.S. is so willing to lock prisoners up and do absolutely nothing to prevent them from going back. In fact, it creates an environment that pretty much guarantees a inmate will return once released. I'm not saying this is the story of this particular individual, but it very likely is, and it's the story of thousands of other inmates in our prisons. Obviously he deserves to be punished for what he did, but I think our tax dollars would be better served rehabilitating these individuals, rather than paying private companies that profit from keeping inmates in the system.gamerguru100

Yeah, I think I remember hearing about how Norway rehabilitates its criminals (who have comfortable cells) and something like 90% of them don't re-offend. I don't know if that's true or not. But really, if there are illegal drugs that are proven to have more pros than cons, then we should legalize them and pull out any offenders who just have drug charges on them. Prisons are for murderers, burglars, rapists, pedophiles, and any other assholes that pose a legit threat to society, not a dude who was caught with a few grams of cocaine.

I can agree with that and have grown up with a few people who were once really cool people, only to have their lives destroyed by drugs. Prison doesn't rehabilitate any of them. Only makes them worse. Its also my understanding that it costs more money to incarcerate somebody for four years than it takes to put them through a four year college degree. And after that prison stint or even probation, good luck finding proper employment because you are now a felon. Now narcotics dealers should never see the light of day. Something different should be done to rehabilitate addicts though.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]life is shit. if youre born into a low income household, its ggSandwichLord

And guess what I'm doing for a living? Even with a college degree, I'm a foreman for a landscaping company making a lousy $13 an hour. Now I might have come off a bit harsh but you can see where I just spoke of other options that should happen just a minute ago but I still believe that low income and peer pressure should be no excuse. Even with no education. You can still pick up a shovel or run a lawn mower. While it might not be the greatest living, it still gets the bills paid with some extra spending cash.
SandwichLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SandwichLord

gamerguru100
Most illegal drugs should be illegal. A heroin or meth or crack addict wouldn't be able to hold a job or function in society. An addict can spend over a hundred dollars a day on drugs, and a minimum wage job isn't going to pay for that. Drugs like these being legal would just create more addicts on the streets selling their bodies or stolen goods to pay for their addiction. What we need is more expansive rehabilitation system to send drug offenders, rather than to prison with violent criminals. If their psychological and/or physical scars are healed with counseling and therapy, they would have no need to use drugs to try and escape them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

That's somewhat misleading.  He's getting 50 years because he committed 5 prior crimes plus this.  Still seems unreasonable, but not quite as crazy as how it was initially presented.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 branketra

The prison-industrial complex is doing its job of growing the inmate population. Yeah the guy has prior felonies, they probably all stem from his drug addiction. Addicted to cocaine; sent to prison for it; receives no kind of therapy or rehab to actual address his drug problem; released back into society with no money, no job, and the only thing keeping him from his drug habit is a forced detox and and a little vacation; arrested again for robbery to support his addiction; cycle repeats. It's absolutely crazy that the U.S. is so willing to lock prisoners up and do absolutely nothing to prevent them from going back. In fact, it creates an environment that pretty much guarantees a inmate will return once released. I'm not saying this is the story of this particular individual, but it very likely is, and it's the story of thousands of other inmates in our prisons. Obviously he deserves to be punished for what he did, but I think our tax dollars would be better served rehabilitating these individuals, rather than paying private companies that profit from keeping inmates in the system.SandwichLord
In order for a fundamental change in America's system of crime and punishment to occur, America might require a reevaluation of society's collective views on consequences for doing things which would mean a change in the way people live by morals and the severity in which they are enforceable. A couple thousand years ago if a Jewish woman cheated on her husband, her punishment would be required death, but today the consequences are less severe and the people of today's Israel are also less warlike.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

SandwichLord
Most illegal drugs should be illegal. A heroin or meth or crack addict wouldn't be able to hold a job or function in society. An addict can spend over a hundred dollars a day on drugs, and a minimum wage job isn't going to pay for that. Drugs like these being legal would just create more addicts on the streets selling their bodies or stolen goods to pay for their addiction. What we need is more expansive rehabilitation system to send drug offenders, rather than to prison with violent criminals. If their psychological and/or physical scars are healed with counseling and therapy, they would have no need to use drugs to try and escape them.

And not only that but as I said above, toughen the penalties for the offenders selling this kind of poison to begin with. These people are responsible for ruining the lives of people and turning entire communities into slums. If anybody should be doing 50 years, its the punk who is profiting off the habit at the expense of everybody.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Career felons know the law almost as good as lawyers.  

They also develop the inability to function outside of prison.

Often times they will go commit the smallest crimes possible just to go back in.

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

The sentence this topic is about is too harsh for the crime commited. The thief should get counseling, but not a ridiculous prison term.BranKetra

The lengthy term is because of previous crimes/felonies. The ribs just seemed to bring attention to that. Sucks for him.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]The sentence this topic is about is too harsh for the crime commited. The thief should get counseling, but not a ridiculous prison term.shoot-first

The lengthy term is because of previous crimes/felonies. The ribs just seemed to bring attention to that. Sucks for him.

I know the reason for the sentence is the culmination of the guy this topic is about's crimes, but putting him in prison does not solve the problem of why he is committing crimes;prison simply decreases the amount of crimes commitable and makes the ones still commitable more difficult to do. Once the criminal this topic is about is released after a long time, there is nothing besides the desire to not go back to prison which will stop him from committing crimes again. The only thing punishment is meant to do is stop a behavior; it is destructive, so there needs to be something constructive to replace bad behaviors like rehabilitation in order to promote good behaviors.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

If the guy already had 5 felonies, whether he's now stealing ribs or something worse, he seems like a lifer anyway. There's a lot of people that are just lifelong criminals.

Pirate700
Yeah, this. When I read the topic title, I expected this to be some mandatory "three strikes" law type of thing (something that I disagree with, btw). But with five felony convictions and three misdemeanors, and at least several of those convictions being for crimes which either involved violence or the threat of violence, I can't shed a tear for this guy. It sucks for him, but it looks to me like he's just the type of dude who belongs in prison.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrGeezer
The guy is clearly a problem. But there is simply no way to justify 50 years.Sajo7
He'll be eligible to get out on parole in a quarter of that time (12.5 years). Sure, he still won't be a "free man", but good. Given his history, I'd argue that he's used up all of his chances.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="SandwichLord"]The prison-industrial complex is doing its job of growing the inmate population. Yeah the guy has prior felonies, they probably all stem from his drug addiction. Addicted to cocaine; sent to prison for it; receives no kind of therapy or rehab to actual address his drug problem; released back into society with no money, no job, and the only thing keeping him from his drug habit is a forced detox and and a little vacation; arrested again for robbery to support his addiction; cycle repeats. It's absolutely crazy that the U.S. is so willing to lock prisoners up and do absolutely nothing to prevent them from going back. In fact, it creates an environment that pretty much guarantees a inmate will return once released. I'm not saying this is the story of this particular individual, but it very likely is, and it's the story of thousands of other inmates in our prisons. Obviously he deserves to be punished for what he did, but I think our tax dollars would be better served rehabilitating these individuals, rather than paying private companies that profit from keeping inmates in the system.gamerguru100

See, this dude isn't just going to prison for drug related charges. Things like aggravated assault and robbery with threat of stabbing are violent crimes. Someone convicted of cocaine possession? Of course I'd have a problem with them getting a 50 year sentence. But if you're a violent criminal, then I tend to overlook the whole addiction aspect. Being an addict should not allow people to get off the hook for repeatedly committing violent crimes.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

SandwichLord

Awesome. I agree to that.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

[QUOTE="SandwichLord"]The prison-industrial complex is doing its job of growing the inmate population. Yeah the guy has prior felonies, they probably all stem from his drug addiction. Addicted to cocaine; sent to prison for it; receives no kind of therapy or rehab to actual address his drug problem; released back into society with no money, no job, and the only thing keeping him from his drug habit is a forced detox and and a little vacation; arrested again for robbery to support his addiction; cycle repeats. It's absolutely crazy that the U.S. is so willing to lock prisoners up and do absolutely nothing to prevent them from going back. In fact, it creates an environment that pretty much guarantees a inmate will return once released. I'm not saying this is the story of this particular individual, but it very likely is, and it's the story of thousands of other inmates in our prisons. Obviously he deserves to be punished for what he did, but I think our tax dollars would be better served rehabilitating these individuals, rather than paying private companies that profit from keeping inmates in the system.MrGeezer

See, this dude isn't just going to prison for drug related charges. Things like aggravated assault and robbery with threat of stabbing are violent crimes. Someone convicted of cocaine possession? Of course I'd have a problem with them getting a 50 year sentence. But if you're a violent criminal, then I tend to overlook the whole addiction aspect. Being an addict should not allow people to get off the hook for repeatedly committing violent crimes.

I know. That's why I said people with just drug charges.
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

People get accustomed to living in Prison and it is extremely hard to get accustomed to living as a free person where you make your own decisions about when to eat, sleep, work, play and you have to find your own job and place to live. 

It seems to me that this guy didn't care if he went back to prison.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

[QUOTE="evildead6789"]americans are dumb, we europeans are smartfrannkzappa

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry i know you're trolling, but that struck my funny bone.

i'm not trolling, which person in the right mind gives this kinda sentences. Off course here he wouldn't have to steal because we take care of our people.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

SandwichLord

*sigh* An addict has to want to be clean for rehab to work. Rehab is NOT a major cure....many reuse and right back where they started. The key is prevention. Now if you can come up with a plan on doing that......let me know.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]life is shit. if youre born into a low income household, its ggMurderstyle75

A bunch of them also went to jail.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
he deserve it