Male or female protagonist, and why?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]LegendaryMatt
I loled but in reality women's pelvic region is actually more sensitive. if you kick a woman between the legs it will most likely hurt her more.

That's bullsh!t, the pelvis is no less sensitive in a man. You can't make a woman vomit from pain by kicking her in the c!nt, but you can by kicking a man in the nuts.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
@Ilovegames She's a smart girl, but falls for trolls I noticed :P
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Depends on the game... I have no problems using male or female characters. I usually go with female. She may be pixel, but a sexy female is sexy, and that's always a plus for me.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Periods.Fightingfan

What about them? I suggest you read any book of Tamora Pierce, especially from her Tortall universe. Or the Dragonriders of Pern books, there's a trilogy about a girl named Melody. Highly entertaining. Both are fantasy-settings with strong female protagonists who grow up, get their periods and deal with them, and even become knights and bards, despite their hardships and efforts to fit in as boys or to continue living after an accident that leaves the heroine unable to ever fully recover from her wounds.

Joke asides, in regards to media I think I am kinda sex.

For example. Watch Terminator3, I honestly can't take that women seriously in comparison to Arnold. How the fawk does a women 130lbs, take down Arnold...

Same goes into Military movies, women can't even join the special forces so how am I suppose to take a military movie with a women in it serious, I know I'm just "lookin' into things too much", but stuff like that just gets to me.

I remember in the walking dead rick said "Make sure the safety is off", the gun was a glock, they don't have safetys(pull switch), stupid sh*t like that will make me turn off a movie right there.

Because they are machines. Gender roles dont exactly apply.

PLUS Sarah Connor was a badass babe.

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
The reason why the female cyborg could take down the older Terminator model in Terminator 3 was because it was a much newer and much stronger model with more capabilities than the older 'Arnold' model. As the older Terminator model said - "She is a stronger model than I am, I am obsolete"
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Deihjan

I have you pegged as someone who is smart enough to know when people are joking.

Ilovegames1992
Only scum like you would joke about sh!t like this, and I fvcking hate it when men think they are better than me. I'll take you on, and I will make you cry. I triple double dog fvcking dare you to a fistfight.

Joke asides, in regards to media I think I am kinda sex.

For example. Watch Terminator3, I honestly can't take that women seriously in comparison to Arnold. How the fawk does a women 130lbs, take down Arnold...

Same goes into Military movies, women can't even join the special forces so how am I suppose to take a military movie with a women in it serious, I know I'm just "lookin' into things too much", but stuff like that just gets to me.

I remember in the walking dead rick said "Make sure the safety is off", the gun was a glock, they don't have safetys(pull switch), stupid sh*t like that will make me turn off a movie right there.

Fightingfan
Women can do anything a man can, and men can do anything women can, physically possible of course. Men are born physically stronger, thanks to evolution, women can multitask and keep cool during stress situations much better than any man. We are the same, despite our many differences. Don't ever fvcking believe a woman can't be just as tough as a male firefighter or a navy SEAL. NEVER..FVCKING..DOUBT US, you piece of sh!t.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Fightingfan
The reason why the female cyborg could take down the older Terminator model in Terminator 3 was because it was a much newer and much stronger model with more capabilities than the older 'Arnold' model. As the older Terminator model said - "She is a stronger model than I am, I am obsolete"Smokescreened84
Yet he still won, because he was a MAN :P
Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 Welis
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="Welis"] Fvck you two. Fvck you beyond eternity. I hope you fvcking rot from the inside out, that your d!cks disappear and your nuts turn into pus-filled globs. You piss me off beyond belief, your narrowminded viewpoints on women are part of the reason why feminism becomes a bad word, because NO GOD FORBID THAT WOMEN CAN BE STRONG AND FERTILE AT THE SAME TIME. NOOOO WHATEVER WILL THE MEN DO WITHOUT WOMEN ENSLAVED IN THE KITCHENS NOOOO

chill lol.. It's my personal taste. That's how i like it. If I don't like how women are portrayed in game/movie/book industry, does that makes me narrowminded? I think the industry are to blame because the writers can't do nothing but write women as half naked and kills millions of men without a scratch. Take Bayonetta for instace... Or that new zombie game you as a cheerleader. It's just silly. Oh don't even get me wrong, it would also look silly if the man was the cheerleader.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="LegendaryMatt"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Deihjan
I loled but in reality women's pelvic region is actually more sensitive. if you kick a woman between the legs it will most likely hurt her more.

That's bullsh!t, the pelvis is no less sensitive in a man. You can't make a woman vomit from pain by kicking her in the c!nt, but you can by kicking a man in the nuts.

I've never vomited but i can attest to that. Can't imagine much worse than getting kicked in the balls.

Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Welis

[QUOTE="Welis"]I might sound like a sexist.. Yeah. Women can be great as leading role if the role they were given suits them. I like watching movies when female gets role as a psycho girlfriend, a obsessed stalker or something psychological. But being a bad ass with two pistols, half naked or something so fiction it only gets too mainstream. You know, big boobs, half naked and one shot every men around them, it gets too ridiculous. Aljosa23

How would you feel if your wife got a higher salary than you?

I would be very happy :D
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Deihjan
[QUOTE="Smokescreened84"]The reason why the female cyborg could take down the older Terminator model in Terminator 3 was because it was a much newer and much stronger model with more capabilities than the older 'Arnold' model. As the older Terminator model said - "She is a stronger model than I am, I am obsolete"Fightingfan
Yet he still won, because he was a MAN :P

Because it's the fvcking plot you fvcking retard Go crawl back to your sh!thole, go eat a bag of d!cks if women are so inferior.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="LegendaryMatt"] I loled but in reality women's pelvic region is actually more sensitive. if you kick a woman between the legs it will most likely hurt her more.Ilovegames1992

Can't imagine much worse than getting kicked in the balls.

Prostate cancer.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

I have you pegged as someone who is smart enough to know when people are joking.

Deihjan

Only scum like you would joke about sh!t like this, and I fvcking hate it when men think they are better than me. I'll take you on, and I will make you cry. I triple double dog fvcking dare you to a fistfight.

Why am i getting attacked i didm't even say anything?

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Deihjan
[QUOTE="Welis"] chill lol.. It's my personal taste. That's how i like it. If I don't like how women are portrayed in game/movie/book industry, does that makes me narrowminded? I think the industry are to blame because the writers can't do nothing but write women as half naked and kills millions of men without a scratch. Take Bayonetta for instace... Or that new zombie game you as a cheerleader. It's just silly. Oh don't even get me wrong, it would also look silly if the man was the cheerleader.

Yes, yes it does. It does make you incredibly narrowminded. Your viewpoint is skewered because of society and culture.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

So now this topic has turned into a sad attempt to prove that men are better than women? -facepalm-

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
He didn't win as such, and the whole 'only men are strong!' is old fashioned and frankly sexist, strength doesn't come from physical strength alone, it can come from a strong mind, a keen intellect and being more cunning. The only reason the older Terminator won was because of Hollywood's obsession with having the good 'guy' win all the time. The ending of that movie was a little clumsy in parts. He got lucky, nothing more. Hollywood always wants the good guys to win, makes people feel better if good conquers evil, while in real life evil wins all the time.
Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Welis
[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="Welis"] chill lol.. It's my personal taste. That's how i like it. If I don't like how women are portrayed in game/movie/book industry, does that makes me narrowminded? I think the industry are to blame because the writers can't do nothing but write women as half naked and kills millions of men without a scratch. Take Bayonetta for instace... Or that new zombie game you as a cheerleader. It's just silly. Oh don't even get me wrong, it would also look silly if the man was the cheerleader.

Yes, yes it does. It does make you incredibly narrowminded. Your viewpoint is skewered because of society and culture.

Alright. Listen, I never said women are inferior to men. Second, it is my personal taste. Maybe I don't like women in heavy armor fighting close combat in a battlefield, but that doesn't mean that they should be in the kitchen. I think women can handle themselves pretty well, but "I" prefer males doing the job because it it just much cooler. But that is because like I said, I am a guy and I prefer! Remember this is MY personal taste and my OPINION. But hate me I don't really care :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

So now this topic has turned into a sad attempt to prove that men are better than women? -facepalm-

CHOASXIII

Pretty sure it was already heading that way judging by the OP.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Why am i getting attacked i didm't even say anything?

Have a penis and we "socialize" together.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Deihjan
[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Deihjan"] That's bullsh!t, the pelvis is no less sensitive in a man. You can't make a woman vomit from pain by kicking her in the c!nt, but you can by kicking a man in the nuts.LegendaryMatt

I've never vomited but i can attest to that. Can't imagine much worse than getting kicked in the balls.

Pregnancy, maybe menstruation , but getting kicked in the vaginal region hurts women nearly as much as men. Both can lead to permanent damage and should be prevented.

Last time I got kicked there I didn't break down crying like a b!tch. In turn I bit into the ear of the guy who thought it funny to c!nt punt me. And so fvcking what.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 CHOASXIII

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

Aljosa23

Pretty sure it was already heading that way judging by the OP.

I find it very ridiculous to act that way towards women. :/

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts

CHOASXIII
you can't prove a negative :P [spoiler] you can't right? [/spoiler]
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Deihjan
[QUOTE="Welis"] Alright. Listen, I never said women are inferior to men. Second, it is my personal taste. Maybe I don't like women in heavy armor fighting close combat in a battlefield, but that doesn't mean that they should be in the kitchen. I think women can handle themselves pretty well, but "I" prefer males doing the job because it it just much cooler. But that is because like I said, I am a guy and I prefer! Remember this is MY personal taste and my OPINION. But hate me I don't really care :P

"OH NO ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT SOCIETY FORCED THIS VIEWPOINT ONTO ME OH NOOOO WOMEN HATE ME, BUT I DISLIKE FEELING EMASCULATED WHENEVER I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANY OTHER KIND OF GIRL THAN A SLVT OH WOE IS ME". Go..fvck yourself..
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 CHOASXIII

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

FMAB_GTO

you can't prove a negative :P [spoiler] you can't right? [/spoiler]

Seriously though, this topic is bad and TC should feel bad.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#78 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="Welis"] Alright. Listen, I never said women are inferior to men. Second, it is my personal taste. Maybe I don't like women in heavy armor fighting close combat in a battlefield, but that doesn't mean that they should be in the kitchen. I think women can handle themselves pretty well, but "I" prefer males doing the job because it it just much cooler. But that is because like I said, I am a guy and I prefer! Remember this is MY personal taste and my OPINION. But hate me I don't really care :P

"OH NO ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT SOCIETY FORCED THIS VIEWPOINT ONTO ME OH NOOOO WOMEN HATE ME, BUT I DISLIKE FEELING EMASCULATED WHENEVER I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANY OTHER KIND OF GIRL THAN A SLVT OH WOE IS ME". Go..fvck yourself..

You sure are feisty today...
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#79 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
[QUOTE="LegendaryMatt"] Hollywood glamorizes the nut-shot and its aftermath though.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FMAB_GTO
Seriously though, this topic is bad and TC should feel bad.CHOASXIII
it may be my fault since someone quoted me and said Periods :P But anyway this'll end in a sad sad lock imo.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 CHOASXIII

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]Seriously though, this topic is bad and TC should feel bad.FMAB_GTO
it may be my fault since someone quoted me and said Periods :P But anyway this'll end in a sad sad lock imo.

Yeah and with 50 people mad at each other.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Fightingfan

The life of a man is obviously superior, while being male not be, the life sure as hell is. Stronger, smarter(Bigger brain), left brain dominate(The side that matters), get paid more. etc..

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Deihjan
[QUOTE="spazzx625"] You sure are feisty today...

I always am feisty. Which reminds me, I'm gonna go dye my hair now.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 CHOASXIII

[QUOTE="spazzx625"] You sure are feisty today...Deihjan
I always am feisty. Which reminds me, I'm gonna go dye my hair now.

Doooo iiiiitttt

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I'll just leave this here

http://www.cracked.com/article_19785_5-ways-modern-men-are-trained-to-hate-women.html

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FMAB_GTO

The life of a man is obviously superior, while being male not be, the life sure as hell is. Stronger, smarter(Bigger brain), left brain dominate(The side that matters), get paid more. etc..

Fightingfan
And yet they are weak enough to fall for and worship the inferior sex....
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

FMAB_GTO

And yet they are weak enough to fall for and worship the inferior sex....

Hormones control us sadly.

*You're implying I called you inferior.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#89 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I like both,but I don't think I can decide.I do love watching women kick ass though :).

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

Fightingfan
First, being stronger doesn't necessarily make your life good. Second, intelligence only correlates with brain size (there's no causal link). Third, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assert that you don't really know about the characteristics of brain hemispheres. Lastly, higher pay is a socioeconomic problem that can be solved.
Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Welis
Well this turned into a flaming war. Nothing much to say, but I was kinda offensive. And I apologize if some were offended, and I think I'll leave this thread into dust. This was a mistake, I shall take my hat and leave!
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

ghoklebutter

First, being stronger doesn't necessarily make your life good. Second, intelligence only correlates with brain size (there's no causal link). Third, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assert that you don't really know about the characteristics of brain hemispheres. Lastly, higher pay is a socioeconomic problem that can be solved.

1. I agree, not in today's society(no point actually).

2. The difference in brain size isn't significant enough, but test have shown the average man has a higher IQ then the average women.

*Though you'd have to bring into account how many people were used to justify the numbers, and IQ doesn't really translate into intelligence.

3. Not really a point here you're just throwing assertions.

4. I'm aware, for example women don't do construction, special forces, Athletes(NFL,NBA,MLB)

*Women athletes don't get paid sh*t in comparison to men.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If I'm going to pretend it's me onscreen like in most FPS games, then male protagonist. If it's something like Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, then female because I'm definitely not pretending it's me onscreen.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

Because Arnold Swartzenegger kicked so much more ass than that... female actor that I never bothred to remember her name. Lol this reminds me in class where they asked us our favorite male and female actor. Lol about 75 percent of people can not think of a female actor's name they remember. XD

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

Last time I got kicked there I didn't break down crying like a b!tch. In turn I bit into the ear of the guy who thought it funny to c!nt punt me. And so fvcking what.Deihjan
Who the hell does that sorta thing?!?!?

Hollywood glamorizes the nut-shot and its aftermath though.LegendaryMatt

I think the topic is supposed to be at regular film protagonists not BDSM films...

As for the topic there are more interesting plot dynamics which haven't been played out with women. However they have to be female characters not male characters played by a female actress or worse genderless characters played by females. TBH i don't think it's so much female characters which are the really interesting part but mothers/aspiring mothers, I guess dads could give a similar result but I think they'd have to be single to stop them switching into just guys.

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Deihjan
Who the hell does that sorta thing?!?!?markop2003
A guy who thought it was a brilliant idea to bully me. Because I retorted back he went physical. And so did I.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts
I feel like this is some trap to accuse people of being sexist. Anyway, I personally prefer a male protagonist but I don't mind a female protagonist either, it's just that I usually make male characters when I come up with stories but I feel like that's partially because I'm a guy.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Fightingfan
I feel like this is some trap to accuse people of being sexist. Anyway, I personally prefer a male protagonist but I don't mind a female protagonist either, it's just that I usually make male characters when I come up with stories but I feel like that's partially because I'm a guy.metroidprime55
You can't have any sort of positive opinion on your sex, or you're sexist. It's like racism, prefer your race you're racist!
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Deihjan
[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]I feel like this is some trap to accuse people of being sexist. Anyway, I personally prefer a male protagonist but I don't mind a female protagonist either, it's just that I usually make male characters when I come up with stories but I feel like that's partially because I'm a guy.Fightingfan
You can't have any sort of positive opinion on your sex, or you're sexist. It's like racism, prefer your race you're racist!

You're sexist when you claim you're better than others, simply because you have a Y chromosome. You're racist when you claim you are superior as a white man than any other kind of 'tone' of skin there is available.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]I feel like this is some trap to accuse people of being sexist. Anyway, I personally prefer a male protagonist but I don't mind a female protagonist either, it's just that I usually make male characters when I come up with stories but I feel like that's partially because I'm a guy.Fightingfan

Probably because that actually is sexism and racism, respectively.