Logical Proof that God Created Nothing

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@jasean79 said:

@indzman said:

God made mistake creating BRHD =P

God doesn't make mistakes.

Mind explaining this pesky appendix in my body then?

I believe that it served a purpose at one time, just like wisdom teeth. While it's not much use to us now, in the past it probably helped with digestion of some sort.

I'm sure it did. However it seems like quite the mistake giving it to humans, unless he really really wanted to put in some serious design flaws.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Maybe God got bored and needed some entertainment? Therefore he created the universe.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

I have a problem with the 'God has always existed'. A mathematical problem. If God existed for an eternity before the Universe was created, and eternity means infinity, then that means there was an infinite amount of time before creation. Let's call that pre-creation infinity. That being the case, creation would be an end to pre-creation infinity, and by definition infinity has no end.

And point besides why would it take an infinity for God to decide to create the universe? And why would he create the universe after an infinity of being just fine without it?

I have a very limited understanding of it, but the way I understood it, matter and energy have always existed for singularity theory to be true right?

Not always, they simply had to be present before or at the point at which the big bang occured. The big bang didn't create the materials in the universe, it was the rapid expansion of the existing materials. To say they always existed before that is incorrect because that is when the physical laws of our universe began, including time. To say they always existed before that is to say that the physical laws that preceded the big bang existed in the same ways that the physical laws the existed after the big bang do, which at best cannot be concretely known.

That being said, to respond to rabbit, is infinity necessarily a procession of time without end? I know it was conceived as such, but I believe that was oppositional thinking done without a knowledge of the operation of the laws of spacetime. In other words, they asked what is the opposite finitude and came up with the concept of infinity, which is still judged according to our laws of spacetime, hence the difficulty in imagining the concept. Perhaps a more accurate definition of infinity would be spacetime that acts according to different laws (or perhaps there simply was no spacetime before the big bang, I dunno, not a physicist). In that case, it makes some sense that god existed in the spacetime (or lack thereof) before the big bang and then decided to cause the big bang, it's essentially the same sort of problem physicists are dealing with in trying to answer why the big bang banged at all. I'm still not going to ascribe the big bang to an omnipotent deity, I just think it makes more sense than "god was sitting around jacking it when he suddenly decided to create stuff."

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

@darkmark91 said:

Maybe God got bored and needed some entertainment? Therefore he created the universe.

"Wait a minute! No, wait a minute! What is boredom? What is boredom? You're applying an anthropomorphic principle there. Boredom is an unpleasant emotion that Human beings feel, to coerce us into stimulating our brains and acquiring information, because our bodies suffer from atrophy if our organs are not being stimulated. That's what boredom is. Because the brain's not being stimulated enough, it will begin to decay due to atrophy if it's not stimulated. So basically boredom is a self-defense mechanism to make up for a deficiency that we have. A god would never ever get bored. Boredom is a trait that Human beings possess, and other animals too because they suffer from the same deficiencies that we do. So, it would never get bored."

Source of quote:

Loading Video...

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

@sonicare said:

Again, those are all flawed assumptions. Perfection is a human concept with limited scope that you are trying to apply to some kind of infinite entity. If there does exist a "god", I would suspect that it would be far outside of our realm of understanding or description. Secondly, You are assuming that this "god" is of the jewish-christian-muslim belief and that it is some sort of super human like being but human like nonetheless.

A God could simply be some entity that existed before the laws of our universe existed. Before the big bang. Want or desire may not even be applicable to it.

Here we go. This is awesome. This post highlights why it is so difficult to discuss a God in scientific terms.

We apply all of these human concepts to a being that, for all we know, could exist outside of the constraints of everything that we have known or could ever potentially know.

Even IF the Christian Bible is speaking of an actual extant God, if this God was in fact the creator of all things in our reality then perhaps the Bible is simply the misguided scribbling of men in the wake of discovering or experiencing something they could never have hoped to accurately define within the confines of human understanding. We're all debating how he could possibly defy natural laws when discussing a hypothetical being which would, if real, be in the position of "creator of everything." How do laws apply to such an entity? Who says that said entity does not exist outside of the influence of these things, or move in and out of the influence of them at will?

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

@BluRayHiDef: You can't compare a God to a human. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

I am not religious but evolution and the big bang theory have far more holes in it than creation does.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

perfection is merely a human concept. if god exists, he may not fall into our "perfect" category at all.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@blutfahne said:

I am not religious but evolution and the big bang theory have far more holes in it than creation does.

lol

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Why is god a "male"? If he created us in his image why are we not all male? Why do we look so different to each other?

Another point was made the other day to me; why would God create people to then "answer" their problems? Why create and allow for problems in peoples lives, why create such a divide from starving people to those who have more food and wealth than needed. Why "answer" peoples prayers for new nike trainers at Christmas but not anothers prayer to save their dying mother?

Honestly the problem with discussing the reality of God in the "Logical" sense is that God defies logic, his, her or its presence defies logic and reasoning so its really a pointless topic to try and discuss in that respect.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

I don't think we can figure out god with our limited understandings.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BluRayHiDef

@darkmark91: Fail. When did I compare god to a human?

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts
@blutfahne said:

Excuse me... what?

@BluRayHiDef said:

In the basis of this thread... your original premise is invalid, as 'desire' is a human construct.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Blutfahne
@s_h_a_d_o said:
@blutfahne said:

Excuse me... what?

@BluRayHiDef said:

In the basis of this thread... your original premise is invalid, as 'desire' is a human construct.

Well something created the universe didn't it? What is the universe? Where is the exact point of the big bang? What created the big bang? How did those particles, atoms, gasses etc etc get created to supposedly create the big bang? How did they get there? What was there before that? You want me to believe the universe at one time didn't exist? Truth is nobody knows a thing, it's all theory and speculation on both sides. Lol logically there is more evidence that we are all inside a computer simulated matrix than anything else.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BluRayHiDef

God is dead, as proven by EnigmaHood.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

@thegerg said:

@syztem said:

Your premises are insufficient, and your conclusion does not logically follow. Your definitions of "need" and "desire" are unproven (various theories of well-being have argued against happiness having any importance in relation to desires), and your assumption that a perfect being would lack desires is baseless even if your definitions hold true.

"God" as you're describing it sounds familiar to that of Plotinus' "The One," but the Neoplatonists do a much better job of both explaining it and covering their tracks than you have here.

If you want to disprove an Orthodox God, you're better off sticking to Russell or Mackie.

This. Among a number of other things, you're approaching the concept of a god in a very narrow-minded way.

I would have to agree with this.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

how dare you question magical space daddy!

magical space daddy loves you so much that he will kill you and have you tortured for eternity for doubting.

and why wouldn't a vastly superior supernatural being act just like a 14 year old girl?

what could make more sense?

yup!

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Assassin_87

@Riverwolf007: It's funny because typically some replies might have sounded something like this.

However, for a thread questioning the existence and nature of God, there has been very little of that.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@blutfahne said:
@s_h_a_d_o said:
@blutfahne said:

Excuse me... what?

Well something created the universe didn't it? What is the universe? Where is the exact point of the big bang? What created the big bang? How did those particles, atoms, gasses etc etc get created to supposedly create the big bang? How did they get there? What was there before that? You want me to believe the universe at one time didn't exist? Truth is nobody knows a thing, it's all theory and speculation on both sides. Lol logically there is more evidence that we are all inside a computer simulated matrix than anything else.

You're right to question of course, but to state that creationist theory has less holes is disingenuous - it (creationism) merely relies on a single answer (a creator) to cover any and all eventualities - the scientific approach may well raise a multitude of questions, but that is it's nature, and it is based on logic, rather than unfounded speculation.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

What I consider a common peculiar premise I have heard others say and others write has to do with limiting the Most High's abilities within the bounds of the universe He created. This one is like those past experiences. I believe He is not. I will say that if you read the direct translation of Genesis then you will probably be asking different questions.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Blutfahne

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@blutfahne said:
@s_h_a_d_o said:
@blutfahne said:

Excuse me... what?

You're right to question of course, but to state that creationist theory has less holes is disingenuous - it (creationism) merely relies on a single answer (a creator) to cover any and all eventualities - the scientific approach may well raise a multitude of questions, but that is it's nature, and it is based on logic, rather than unfounded speculation.

Well creation unlike evolution doesn't have to rely on facts or actual data. With a few simple questions I can create holes the size of the grand canyon. Creation has to follow the path that has been laid out for it. Vs creation I am arguing against a wizard and his magick. Far far more possibilities.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@Assassin_87: @s_h_a_d_o: science can only speculate as to what created the mass expansion also, as science can only learn and explain what it can observe, and you can't observe what happened before the Big Bang. So all speculation as to the creation of the universe is unfounded.

@Assassin_87: yes I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been a lot more comments like Riverwolf007's. It's good that there hasn't been.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: Maybe god is effected by time differently then we are ?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@blutfahne said:
@s_h_a_d_o said:
@blutfahne said:

Excuse me... what?

@BluRayHiDef said:

The answer is, we know the big bang happened, we do not know how. Not knowing an answer and understanding that it is okay not to know is better than making up an answer to feel fuzzy inside. Curious also as to why you say "the universe at one time didnt exist." As it does now, of course it didn't exist. Maybe this is just one 'atom' inside another universe, that existed forever. There doesn't need to be a creation point...asserting that there does is dishonest because you can't possibly know that right now.

Inferman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Inferman
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts

@BluRayHiDef:

My definition of a perfect being would include being all-good or omnibenevolent.

And God is said to be omnibenevolent, and so the desire to do good or for good things to happen would flow out of this aspect of His nature, would it not?

One such desire that may flow out of this aspect of His nature would be to create free agents who may--if they so wish--establish a relationship with Himself, the source of all beauty, goodness, etc., basking in His perfection for all eternity, absolutely fulfilled. Wouldn't such an act by God be noble? Beautiful? Benevolent? And the fact that He doesn't need anything just accentuates this point. God is a being that needs nothing and yet and He created us. Why? For OUR sakes. That's why. Have you never heard of altruism?

So, as you can see, I reject your notion that a perfect being cannot have desires. If your definition of a perfect being includes omnibenevolence, then I don't see why you would think such a being wouldn't possess desires for the reasons I've described above.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@BluRayHiDef: He hasnt proved anything, its just a decent point but not empirical, its a philosophical video

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@blutfahne said:
@s_h_a_d_o said:
@blutfahne said:

Excuse me... what?

Yeah I agree.

Using Creation as a single answer is not the way to do it. It would mean you have an answer first before asking the question. If we used that logic for everything we would never discover ayhthing

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#77  Edited By lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

OK, so let me see if I get this.

You try to narrow down whatever reasons for creation exists into just 2 (that is one brave assumption).

And then tell us that, if we don't accept this, then we must leave?.

So, in other words, if we don't accept a major flaw in your argument, we must leave. Hah, thats a nice way to cover your ass.

That is basically like saying "I bet you guys can't enter my house when I'm gone! but you can't use the doors or windows or any hole in which you could fit through!"

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@lightleggy said:

OK, so let me see if I get this.

You try to narrow down whatever reasons for creation exists into just 2 (that is one brave assumption).

And then tell us that, if we don't accept this, then we must leave?.

So, in other words, if we don't accept a major flaw in your argument, we must leave. Hah, thats a nice way to cover your ass.

That is basically like saying "I bet you guys can't enter my house when I'm gone! but you can't use the doors or windows or any hole in which you could fit through!"

Mind-boggling, isn't it? :/

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Blutfahne

@wis3boi said:

@blutfahne said:
@s_h_a_d_o said:
@blutfahne said:

Excuse me... what?

@BluRayHiDef said:

The answer is, we know the big bang happened, we do not know how. Not knowing an answer and understanding that it is okay not to know is better than making up an answer to feel fuzzy inside. Curious also as to why you say "the universe at one time didnt exist." As it does now, of course it didn't exist. Maybe this is just one 'atom' inside another universe, that existed forever. There doesn't need to be a creation point...asserting that there does is dishonest because you can't possibly know that right now.

But big bang is a theory there is no fact really to back up the claim. They say the universe is speeding up and expanding(I did read though they say it was slowing down) because of big bang. But they cannot find big bang origin, outer rim of universe etc etc. They base all math off speed of light but then I read speed of light barrier can be broken. The math does not remain constant. They cannot plot the known universe as we know it, they cannot understand many things in our known universe but yet you think they know the creation of the universe lol many things on earth they don't even understand.

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Assassin_87

@blutfahne said:

But big bang is a theory there is no fact really to back up the claim. They say the universe is speeding up and expanding(I did read though they say it was slowing down) because of big bang. But they cannot find big bang origin, outer rim of universe etc etc. They base all math off speed of light but then I read speed of light barrier can be broken. The math does not remain constant. They cannot plot the known universe as we know it, they cannot understand many things in our known universe but yet you think they know the creation of the universe lol many things on earth they don't even understand.

Just to momentarily interject:

Do not confuse the colloquial meaning of "theory" with the scientific use of the word. Within science, a theory is the highest level of certainty which a concept can reach.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dennysinny
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

i believe there is a higher power... just not exactly in the religious way.......we will never know or understand because its beyond our knowledge... and we too far away from the past.... documents of original presentation has been destroyed thanks to the eruopeans

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By thehig1

@blutfahne:

@Assassin_87 said:

@blutfahne said:

Just to momentarily interject:

Do not confuse the colloquial meaning of "theory" with the scientific use of the word. Within science, a theory is the highest level of certainty which a concept can reach.

To expand on what Above says, the Earth Revolving around the Sun is a Theory,but its not doubted by anyone of sane mind and accepted as fact.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Dennysinny

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

i believe there is a higher power... just not exactly in the religious way.......we will never know or understand because its beyond our knowledge... and we too far away from the past.... documents of original presentation has been destroyed thanks to the eruopeans

"documents of original presentation has been destroyed thanks to the eruopeans"

Documents of what?

the original religion the europeans had destroyed 8 books and got the bible and put it in their own words... and then they started using religion for profit and control.. when someone was a slave they didnt know it. its not like what you see on the movies like . " im a slave i want to be free"

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 thehig1

@dennysinny: Did they ? How do you know this ?

Also using Religion for Profit and Control is not unique to Europe

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Dennysinny

@thehig1 said:

@dennysinny: Did they ? How do you know this ?

Also using Religion for Profit and Control is not unique to Europe

same way you know the things you know ? by studying ..... history besides what they tell you at school to brain washing to think that christopher columbus is a hero !

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dennysinny

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

Documents of what?

the original religion the europeans had destroyed 8 books and got the bible and put it in their own words... and then they started using religion for profit and control.. when someone was a slave they didnt know it. its not like what you see on the movies like . " im a slave i want to be free"

Haha. The Asians had been putting the rules and history of religion in their own words long before that.

(palm on the face )

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Dennysinny

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

Documents of what?

Haha. The Asians had been putting the rules and history of religion in their own words long before that.

(palm on the face ) do you even know where the Asians even came from??????????? nvm that....

your not getting it.... the Asian has they own religion.....

Where they came from has no bearing on the discussion. Also, Asians have multiple religions. I'm assuming that you're talking about the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, Christianity), which are of Asian origin.

lol it has a lot to do with it but okay... i can see you haven't look back far away enough in history there is not point of debating ....

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Dennysinny

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

Documents of what?

(palm on the face ) do you even know where the Asians even came from??????????? nvm that....

Where they came from has no bearing on the discussion. Also, Asians have multiple religions. I'm assuming that you're talking about the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, Christianity), which are of Asian origin.

lol it has a lot to do with it but okay... i can see you haven't look back far away enough in history there is not point of debating ....

If not Asia, where did these belief systems originate?

i never said it didnt originate from there....

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Dennysinny

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

Documents of what?

On what do you base the assumption that I have not looked back enough?

everything you just quickly popped in Wikipedia and saw those religions

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dennysinny

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

Documents of what?

I didn't pop anything into Wikipedia. WTF are you on about?

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.... you didnt ... your just mad because you got busted !

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Dennysinny

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

@dennysinny said:

@thegerg said:

I didn't pop anything into Wikipedia. WTF are you on about?

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.... you didnt ... your just mad because you got busted !

Well...I didn't, but OK. Even if I did, that does not change the fact that Europeans were not the first to put these belief systems into their own words.

i never said they were the first.... of course they put it in their own words... because that what is has originated from....

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#100  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

According to that, a perfect being cannot be unhappy. It just sounds... wrong.