Let's boil it down to who hates and who loves Avatar.

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts

I don't hate it, I just wish people would recognize that, despite the money being made off of it (which I'm still not entirely convinced is because of whether or not it was good), it's just one of the hundreds of movies that stick to generic plot archetypes with generic archetypical (if that's even a word) characters, as most movies made this side of the year 2000 have been. There was nothing special about it to me because I saw it as simply Pochahontas in space, like some people did.

Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts

This thread called for it.

sammyjenkis898

:lol: That is awesome. Though I think the script to Avatar was actually written before Pocahontas.

I loved Avatar. I loved the visuals, the characters, the story, everything.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

He was another character who had potential, but then wasn't very interesting in the end.

GabuEx

I think that could be said about every single character in the entire movie.

Pretty much yeah, which is a shame because I liked most of the film. Colonel Quaritch was kinda interesting though, but not much more than the other characters. The characters werent bad, just a bit dull compared to the rest of the film. I think District 9 had a much better main character. I dont want to make comparisions though because each film should stand alone.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#54 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

Iv see the movie Two Time at IMAx 3D Experiance and the visual effect where great : sure the lack of having many personality character is sad : there about at all only 12 character who ad some good personality and they where not really show but i find it as the best movie sci-fi / action did james cameron up to date also keep in mind james cameron avatar doesn't finish with one movie the lore is said to be a Trilogy but that as long james cameron as the right from studio to do it & have the casting crew because he is working to make it happen he is also working on few other project which i hope they are good

But to those who havent' seen Avatar : it Sure the Story is a Bit Like Pocahontas / Native Tribe : the moral of the story is more likely that we human specially the American / British way of thinking doesn't really give a damn about different human being and would crush them as if they are worm for have our economy risen altough it up to you if you belive that but it the truth If you want to see similary thing still going on earth as happening in James Cameron Avatar : look Crude Impact documentary it still happening it is unfortunate i must say

But james cameron ad lot of imagination to come out with a such pretty planet / devastating Creature and 3D Effect that made me think i was on pandora it was so good experiance : the sound / visual effect you just have to see it : then judge the story but keep in mind it not over ;) there more then 89.99% chance we see AVATAR II in 2011

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#55 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

It was exactly what I expected: Groundbreaking visuals with a B movie screenplay thrown in for good measure. I was entertained, but I won't be buying the DVD any time soon.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Apparently love/hate are the same thing per yesterday's infamous thread. But I really did enjoy Avatar, it's a keeper!