Let's all take the time out to thank America and Americans...

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]As an American I can say it genuinly sux to see so many anti-America threads in here.....you don't see comperable threads for other countries no matter how many stupid things they are doing....but then I remember....I don't care enough to make pro American threads.....every country is involved with crap..and most every country does good....if people's lives lack so much they have to find a country to rail against.....enjoy....LJS9502_basic
I think if anti-any other country thread were made it would be locked. But for some reason it's okay to bash the US....all the time.

no but nobody else will make a thread bragging about materialistic things they had no part in creating .... :P

I generally don't understand the mentality of nationalism or patriotism .. maybe I'm missing out who knows ..

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

WTF are you talking about? You WERE a mod so explain why you didn't lock em?

Omni-Slash

I haven't been a mod in years....this is a pretty recent development....

Actually no it's not...and by years you mean one year then ok.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
yes lets thank america for killing thousands of innocent people just for a few puddles of oil, lets thank america for making the oil prices so high that its effecting the rest of the world, lets thank america for not wanting to forget about something that happened almost 70 years ago because it was the only time they had a clear victory over someone who everyone agreed was evil, lets thank this country :roll:
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 linkin_guy109
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

Omni-Slash

damn omni i thought you were gone for good after gerstman-gate, glad to have you back

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
Actually no it's not...and by years you mean one year then ok.Ilived
Actually yes it is....over the last few months (6) the Anti American Threads have been exploding...I stopped modding in February of 07 yes techinically not Years but I had stopped really modding well before then.....AMerica seems to be the in thing to bash these days...where as if you say anything bad against another country it's automatically targeted as flaiming.....I wouldnt; have locked any of these as long as respectible discussion and trolling wasn't involved...problem being msot of these threads are trolling these days.....
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

Omni-Slash

Only like a year or two, I actually remember a lot more anti-American threads back in the day.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
yes lets thank america for killing thousands of innocent people just for a few puddles of oil, lets thank america for making the oil prices so high that its effecting the rest of the world, lets thank america for not wanting to forget about something that happened almost 70 years ago because it was the only time they had a clear victory over someone who everyone agreed was evil, lets thank this country :roll:linkin_guy109
It's so cool to bash a country isn't it?:roll:
mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts

There is no Walmart in the UK

chico129

We have asda. That is run by walmart.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]yes lets thank america for killing thousands of innocent people just for a few puddles of oil, lets thank america for making the oil prices so high that its effecting the rest of the world, lets thank america for not wanting to forget about something that happened almost 70 years ago because it was the only time they had a clear victory over someone who everyone agreed was evil, lets thank this country :roll:LJS9502_basic

I guess people have to find meaning wherever they can...
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ilived

[QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]yes lets thank america for killing thousands of innocent people just for a few puddles of oil, lets thank america for making the oil prices so high that its effecting the rest of the world, lets thank america for not wanting to forget about something that happened almost 70 years ago because it was the only time they had a clear victory over someone who everyone agreed was evil, lets thank this country :roll:LJS9502_basic

Yeah but it's even cooler to talk big about a country and gloat about things that they have nothing to do with.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 linkin_guy109

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]yes lets thank america for killing thousands of innocent people just for a few puddles of oil, lets thank america for making the oil prices so high that its effecting the rest of the world, lets thank america for not wanting to forget about something that happened almost 70 years ago because it was the only time they had a clear victory over someone who everyone agreed was evil, lets thank this country :roll:xaos

I guess people have to find meaning wherever they can...

eh im just bored, i have nothing against american people, im just against what bush has done to it, after hes out of the whitehouse im hoping that america will turn around (big hope i know)

Katafran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Katafran
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

I love how people from Texas type "Y'all" as much as they say it >_>cryptosopoidium

Not true. I say it waaay more than I type it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]yes lets thank america for killing thousands of innocent people just for a few puddles of oil, lets thank america for making the oil prices so high that its effecting the rest of the world, lets thank america for not wanting to forget about something that happened almost 70 years ago because it was the only time they had a clear victory over someone who everyone agreed was evil, lets thank this country :roll:Ilived

Yeah but it's even cooler to talk big about a country and gloat about things that they have nothing to do with.

Better to be positive than negative....and like mom said....if you don't have something nice to say....say nothing.:)
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

Better to be positive than negative....and like mom said....if you don't have something nice to say....say nothing.:)LJS9502_basic

Truer words have never been spoken. ;)

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ilived
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]yes lets thank america for killing thousands of innocent people just for a few puddles of oil, lets thank america for making the oil prices so high that its effecting the rest of the world, lets thank america for not wanting to forget about something that happened almost 70 years ago because it was the only time they had a clear victory over someone who everyone agreed was evil, lets thank this country :roll:LJS9502_basic

Better to be positive than negative....and like mom said....if you don't have something nice to say....say nothing.:)

I'm pretty sure that people usually hate the "we are the best attitude." Just look at WWII.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
I thank the individuals behind those products...especially the 3rd world workers.
villa4europe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 villa4europe
Member since 2004 • 7081 Posts
LOL yes where would we all be today if it wasnt for things that americans invented? :roll:
SIapshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SIapshot
Member since 2002 • 8044 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]As an American I can say it genuinly sux to see so many anti-America threads in here.....you don't see comperable threads for other countries no matter how many stupid things they are doing....but then I remember....I don't care enough to make pro American threads.....every country is involved with crap..and most every country does good....if people's lives lack so much they have to find a country to rail against.....enjoy....soren008

I think if anti-any other country thread were made it would be locked. But for some reason it's okay to bash the US....all the time.

no but nobody else will make a thread bragging about materialistic things they had no part in creating .... :P

I generally don't understand the mentality of nationalism or patriotism .. maybe I'm missing out who knows ..

It's the difference between a hospital in sub-saharan Africa and a hospital in suburban America.
It's the difference between inventing peanut butter and nuclear fission.

I'd rather segregate myself with the most successful race in the history of mankind than integrate myself with the least.

Or is that too complicated?

Katafran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Katafran

I thank the individuals behind those products...especially the 3rd world workers.jointed

And thank the high taxes for buisinesses that don't outsource and give those 3rd wold workers our jobs with horrible conditions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LJS9502_basic

I'm pretty sure that people usually hate the "we are the best attitude." Just look at WWII.

Ilived
I've heard that attitude from citizens of other countries...and I didn't make a thread bashing said country. Guess I'm mature.;)
massiv-damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 massiv-damage
Member since 2007 • 1204 Posts
Yes, America really doesn't deserve the crap it gets from other countries. But they just don't know better.
massiv-damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 massiv-damage
Member since 2007 • 1204 Posts

I thank the individuals behind those products...especially the 3rd world workers.jointed

So coming up with a fantastic life-changing idea is worth nothing?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LJS9502_basic
Cheap labor...ingenuity.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

[QUOTE="jointed"]I thank the individuals behind those products...especially the 3rd world workers.massiv-damage

So coming up with a fantastic life-changing idea is worth nothing?

...how on earth did you come to that conclusion? :lol:

camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
I would like to take the time to thank all of the Chinese that made those American products, thank you.ElectronicMagic
Which would be made in Mexico otherwise for ten cents more...
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

As an American I can say it genuinly sux to see so many anti-America threads in here.....you don't see comperable threads for other countries no matter how many stupid things they are doing....but then I remember....I don't care enough to make pro American threads.....every country is involved with crap..and most every country does good....if people's lives lack so much they have to find a country to rail against.....enjoy....Omni-Slash

I've seen **** loads of pro American threads and hardly any anti American ones. So I think you've got things wrong tbh

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Omni-Slash

I've seen **** loads of pro American threads and hardly any anti American ones. So I think you've got things wrong tbh

tofu-lion91
yeah no.....agreed there are more (as in number not more than the anti) pro American threads as of late.....but they are clearly in retaliation...
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

Omni-Slash

lies! you were one last year!
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tofu-lion91
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

Omni-Slash

yeah no.....agreed there are more (as in number not more than the anti) pro American threads as of late.....but they are clearly in retaliation...

Isn't that ever so slightly immature of Americans? :roll:

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Omni-Slash

tofu-lion91
:lol:....thank you for making my point for me.......why do you say Americans?......no-one else from any other country retaliates when they are offended?.......
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts

It's funny how people argue over this stuff and feal like Americans are really this belligerent, when you haven't considered the fact that we're on a videogame website's forum, which greatly raises the odds people aren't taking what they're saying seriously, not to mention there are loads of people in their early teens.

Stupid, anyway it's funny how people are saying "No, they're made in China" when the country that physically makes a product has no say in actually creating and developing the products.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 soren008
[QUOTE="soren008"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]As an American I can say it genuinly sux to see so many anti-America threads in here.....you don't see comperable threads for other countries no matter how many stupid things they are doing....but then I remember....I don't care enough to make pro American threads.....every country is involved with crap..and most every country does good....if people's lives lack so much they have to find a country to rail against.....enjoy....SIapshot

It's the difference between a hospital in sub-saharan Africa and a hospital in suburban America.
It's the difference between inventing peanut butter and nuclear fission.

I'd rather segregate myself with the most successful race in the history of mankind than integrate myself with the least.

Or is that too complicated?

Not complicated ... good luck with that ..

I'm interested in individuals.

You proved my point ... You want to belong to something you had no part in ..

Successful race in the history of mankind .. :P

I think you want segregate yourself in the richest to be honest, which you determine as successful?

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ilived
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

Omni-Slash

:lol:....thank you for making my point for me.......why do you say Americans?......no-one else from any other country retaliates when they are offended?.......

Stop saying Americans people...it's NORTH Americans. Jeez get it right or pay the price.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tofu-lion91
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

Omni-Slash

Well do you see the pro and anti British threads? Or Spanish threads? Or any other country for that matter? I think not

Katafran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Katafran

LOL yes where would we all be today if it wasnt for things that americans invented? :roll:villa4europe

Without Lightbulbs...and common use of electricity...and I think peanut butter(If you have it wherever you are.)

Edit: And Telephones!

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Omni-Slash
Stop saying Americans people...it's NORTH Americans. Jeez get it right or pay the price.Ilived
pfft. why bother?......us evil Americans will just take both continents soon enough....:roll:
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Omni-Slash
Well do you see the pro and anti British threads? Or Spanish threads? Or any other country for that matter? I think nottofu-lion91
exactly my point.....
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tofu-lion91

[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]Well do you see the pro and anti British threads? Or Spanish threads? Or any other country for that matter? I think notOmni-Slash
exactly my point.....

So what's the problem then? >_>

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]Well do you see the pro and anti British threads? Or Spanish threads? Or any other country for that matter? I think nottofu-lion91

exactly my point.....

Double standards.....
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Omni-Slash

tofu-lion91
The issue is that there aren't any other countries getting bashed except the US in here....so of course there are going to be pro-US threads retaliating back...;)
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tofu-lion91
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

Omni-Slash

The issue is that there aren't any other countries getting bashed except the US in here....so of course there are going to be pro-US threads retaliating back...;)

Fair dos. Though I think if people stopped making pro American threads then people wouldn't be creating so many anti American threads. And we've already established that there is far more pro American threads which is getting on people's nerves and spurring further anti American threads. And so on and so on... Can't everyone just drop it?

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

Omni-Slash

Let's fix that; who else has had enough of Liechtenstein's crap?
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Omni-Slash
Fair dos. Though I think if people stopped making pro American threads then people wouldn't be creating so many anti American threads. And we've already established that there is far more pro American threads which is getting on people's nerves and spurring further anti American threads. And so on and so on... Can't everyone just drop it?tofu-lion91
:lol:..I think the oposite in regards to the quantity...but you're right...both sides need to just shut it....;)
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#95 jmrwacko
Member since 2003 • 6469 Posts
We invented ebonics. That's important, I think.
Katafran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Katafran

We invented ebonics. That's important, I think.jmrwacko

Definately. That's right up there with water purification.

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

Omni-Slash

The problem is, its a cycle. Someone creates an anti american thread. Next someone creates a pro american thread in retaliation. Then someone else creates an anti thread in retaliation to that. Then another pro. And it continues untill OT is nothing but pro and anti america threads. OK, it hasn't got that bad yet.

Thats why religion threads once flooded the front page. Fortunately that fad has died down and there aren't too many religion threads anymore. Its just a fad that will die eventually.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 soren008

[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]Well do you see the pro and anti British threads? Or Spanish threads? Or any other country for that matter? I think notOmni-Slash
exactly my point.....

there wont be any pro british threads as it makes us cringe ...

spark5050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 spark5050
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]LOL yes where would we all be today if it wasnt for things that americans invented? :roll:Katafran

Without Lightbulbs...and common use of electricity...and I think peanut butter(If you have it wherever you are.)

Edit: And Telephones!

a little known fact is that joseph swan made the first light bulb Firefox is being a biatch so feel free to wiki joseph swan

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

...Walmart? Seriously? :P