VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5251 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Star Wars The Clone Wars (animated series), pretty damn good. No idea how a kids tv show can have better writing, acting, stories and character development then 3 huge budget movies, but it does. Yeah a few episodes sucked (all of them included Jar Jar) but overall the show was really well done and entertaining. 7/10

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5252  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

@vfighter: Season 1 sucks but it gets better. Final 4 episodes of the series is the best movie since ROTJ and probably the best final for pretty much any show I've seen.

-

Joker- Opens with a bad thing happening to him. Then some more bad things happen to him. Then a really bad thing happens to him. Then he finds out when he was younger a bad thing happened to him. Then he does a bad thing. And then he goes on a show and explains bad things happened to him. Then he does a bad thing. Then a bad thing happens, which leads to a bad thing happening. Then it jumps to him in a hospital and bad thing happens.

The movie does look really nice though visually. Like, it's nice to see a comic book without shit tons of computer imagery.

Not exactly original about it though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5253 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@vfighter said:

Star Wars The Clone Wars (animated series), pretty damn good. No idea how a kids tv show can have better writing, acting, stories and character development then 3 huge budget movies, but it does. Yeah a few episodes sucked (all of them included Jar Jar) but overall the show was really well done and entertaining. 7/10

You should try out the Cartoon 2003 version of clone wars its actually even more fun and to me adult than the 3d animated one that seemed more for kids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_(2003_TV_series)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5254  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ProtossRushX said:
@vfighter said:

You should try out the Cartoon 2003 version of clone wars its actually even more fun and to me adult than the 3d animated one that seemed more for kids.

Loading Video...

Don't get me wrong, I love the 2003 series, but it's basically "cool action scenes".

Mandalorian to a degree is that as well, pretty bare bones in the story-telling department.

Recommend Rebels as well. First season is bad. But it gets significantly better. Not Clone Wars level, but def better than those shitty movies and Mandalorian most of the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5255  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@vfighter said:

Loading Video...

Don't get me wrong, I love the 2003 series, but it's basically "cool action scenes".

Mandalorian to a degree is that as well, pretty bare bones in the story-telling department.

yeah its mostly action setpieces but it had a couple deep scenes like where anakin sees visions of himself becoming vader...was kinda cool

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5256  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ProtossRushX: Yes, this scene is great. It's not a negative in this case, they are super short, bite sized in nature, so they never really outstay their welcome.

The movie General Grievous sucks ass, the 2003 is boss.

Clone Wars has a few scenes like that. One of the things I like about it compared to the movies, Order 66 isn't some random shit. It feels like something that's inevitable that can't be stopped. The final 4 episode really has a brilliant sense of impending doom to it, and actually makes the Clones characters rather than some rando murder bots.

Loading Video...

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5257 ophelmark
Member since 2017 • 613 Posts

Casa Blanca.Man this was another movie i was pretty off about the plot.I always thought it was about the main character being some kind of detective going on a nazi manhunt in argentina.After the War.Besides that now i know where the term problematic came and the cuck one too.Honestly at the end the main character was just a huge goody two shoes.I mean i don't think even Santa Claus would do what he did in the end....in a children's movie.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5258 ophelmark

Ferris Bueller's Day Off.This one of those movies were i go with low expectations.Thinking it was just a movie with a simple premise but i was wrong.There was a reason why he could get away without getting caught.He just didn't want to skip school for a day and the best example of that is when he mentioned the reason he wanted to bring his best friend along with him.I know i sound like a boomer but a loooooooooooooooooooooooot of male kids today need a Ferris Bueller's as a friend.That part was pure wisdom from Ferris.Like i said great movie.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#5259 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

Malcolm X - 9/10

Sonic the Hedgehog - 7/10

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5260 VFighter

@uninspiredcup: It also fleshes out a lot of the Jedi you see die in Order 66 so they aren't just random characters you don't give a shit about. That and it makes order 66 make sense, in the movies (from what I remember) the clones just kill after hearing the order and no other explanation is given, while the lead up and then actual order 66 in Clone Wars is done so well and actually shows you how they could follow such a command. Just SO much better then the prequels.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5261 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

The cable guy

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5262  Edited By Jag85

One Night in Miami - 9/10

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5263 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11145 Posts

Psycho Goreman. Think Power Rangers meets GWAR with a little Guyver thrown in. It's stupid, but fun.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5264 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3482 Posts

Snakes on a plane - it was disappointing

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5265 Jag85

Detective Pikachu - 7/10

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5266 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I am genuinely shocked that this cartoon is next to unknown. Buddy Thunderstruck has got to be the funnest and most entertaining cartoon shows I've seen in years, and I only just learned about it several weeks ago.

Formatted like a Saturday morning cartoon from the 90's, each episode is packed with jokes and clever premises, and I found myself laughing quite frequently. A cartoon show has not gotten me to laugh like this in a while.

The stop-motion animation is fantastic. Considering it's from the Robot Chicken studio, there's stylish similarities, but there's also a strong Fantastic Mr. Fox appeal to it, too.

I think it's a shame that it seems Netflix did not know how to market this show or bring it to the awareness of general audiences, because I think people are really sleeping on the greatness of it. I can guarantee if this came out during the 90's during prime time Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon, Buddy Thunderstruck would have been a massive hit.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5268 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3649 Posts

Sonic The Hedgehog (2020)

Sonic was annoying though not as bad as I expected a 15 year old Hedgehog to be. Jim Carrey was hilarious as Dr. Robotnik and loved the nod to making him looked like in Sonic Adventure with the red flight jacket attire. I am glad Sonic's design got changed and loved the origin of Sonic. Overall a fun movie that was decent as much videogame movies suck. 7/10.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5271 ophelmark

Vivarium.It was ok.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5272 uninspiredcup

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner - The movie itself is admirable. But because it's so light and fluffy in nature, it feels almost mundane and kind of dragged towards the end.

Suppose when take it in the context of when it was made, completely different matter.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5274 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
  • Letters from Iwo Jima: 6/10
  • Glory Road: 3/10
  • Rocky Balboa: 6/10*
  • Stranger Than Fiction: 6/10
  • Hot Fuzz: 6/10
  • Elizabeth: The Golden Age: 6/10
  • Mr. Brooks: 4/10
  • Planet Terror: 6/10
  • Death Proof: 6/10
  • Grindhouse: 6/10

*Re-watch

Gamelover-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5275 Gamelover-1
Member since 2020 • 5 Posts

I have seen Terminator: Dark Fate

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5277 uninspiredcup

Sabotage - Get what the movie is going for, a modern Western. But it's just a mess and practically every character is dislikable.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5278  Edited By VFighter

@jaydan: I've had Netflix for years and have never even heard of that show, gonna have to give it a shot now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5279 uninspiredcup

The Hunted - Nuts and bolts action/thriller. Seen it a few times, enjoy it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5280 uninspiredcup

Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot - As good as it gets

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5281 uninspiredcup

Bird On A Wire - Rubbish

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5282 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro (Streamline Pictures dub)

Loading Video...

Lupin III may be a Monkey Punch vehicle, but it's still the film that not only made me interested in Lupin (still need to see Lupin III: The First), but it made me appreciate Hayao Miyazaki's work more.

I'm also more familiar with the Streamline dub (which I found on Amazon's Digital service and bought there) as my dad had the VHS, so I'm more familiar with Bob Bergen's voice as Lupin (he also voice doubled for Mark Hamill in various Star Wars games, like Rogue Leader)

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5284 ophelmark

Carrie(76).Well thanks to this movie know i know why chicks have periods.Seriously...the mom of Carrie was crazy hardcore.I was raised Catholic but my folks weren't that strict in that aspect.The most they made me do was communion and confirmation.I thought she was an overused trope character and people like her are rare but then i remembered the news i heard about a couple that took the eyes of their own child cause they were some kind of Satanists.Fortunately the kid is fully healed.

The movie itself was great.I always thought everything was a setup since i think i only watched parts of the ending before.But Man i guess is true that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5285 ophelmark

American Psycho.Great movie.There is nothing much to say really.Besides Bale being a great actor.But with that first viewing it also comes the confusion....so all his killings were only in his mind and he didn't kill anyone?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5286  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Lupin III: The First

Loading Video...

Thank the gods there is no canon with Lupin III as you do NOT need to know of the series to enjoy the hell out of this one. Though before I watched this one, I had to rewatch Castle of Cagliostro as I loved that film so much. And boy oh boy is it worth it. You can tell the animators worked to the BONE to deliver a fine CG film from a series originally hand drawn.

Worth it! 8/10

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5287 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2041 Posts

Watched Beetlejuice, Tenet and 300 on my new 4k Oled. I love it

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5288 ophelmark

A Fistful of Dollars.I finally saw this great movie with my full attention.**** i just realized the meaning of the various scenes with the knight's armor...When i was thinking about the ending.Again...great movie.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5289 uninspiredcup

Flint-Town - This was like watching a real version of The Wire. Makes you invested in some rando city never heard of.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5291 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
  • The Kite Runner: 6/10
  • Live Free or Die Hard: 5/10*
  • The Great Debaters: 5/10
  • Sanky Panky: 5/10* [Fausto Mata is incredibly charming.]
  • La Misma Luna: 6/10 [The tears were flowing.]
  • The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: 6/10
  • Anvil! The Story of Anvil: 5/10 [Cringy and sad.]
  • RockNRolla: 6/10
  • Defiance: 6/10
  • The Express: 5/10

*Re-watch

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5292 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

working through MCU movies on disney+ since there were a bunch i missed when they were released in theaters.

just finished the winter soldier.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5293 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

The Addams Family (2019)

Didn't like it. I got to around about 30 minutes in and called it a day.

The comedy was actually quite funny, but at the same time, I felt as if they were using the whole horror aesthetic a little too much in order to push the comedy along. Sure, in some cases that's the right thing to do but it came off as being pretty forced. In a nutshell, it just felt like I was watching a badly modernised version of The Addams Family...that you wouldn't associate with the series you grew up with?

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5294 ophelmark

Good Will Hunting.Another movie that i finally see with my full attention.It was pretty good.Robin Williams was something else.Great actor and comedian.Overall it was a great movie about wasted potential.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5295 ophelmark

Mother!(2017).I thought The Wrestler movie was great but this movie didn't impress...maybe it's cause i watch a lot of Horror movies.Maybe i missed some deeper meaning but as it is.It was just an ok movie.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5297 uninspiredcup

Halloween (2018) - Lots of sequels and reboots, but this really surprised me when I first saw it, was expecting shit. Kind of is the best sequel since the original.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5298 ophelmark

Kimi to Sekai ga Owaru Hi ni.For a show that is more aimed to the romance crowd.This series is one of the best zombie franchises i have ever seen and i have seen a shitload of zombie movies.The last episode(6) i saw in particular was specially good.I have seen a lot of people bitch about movie characters acting irrational in some situations.This episode tackled that issue perfectly.I have been wondering why the drama aspect works so well in this series and Train to Bussan.Even tho both are Horror based.I mean this series has a lot of sappy moments.Just like TTB.But maybe that's the reason it works so well.since you actually care about the characters in this series and TTB.Since they are so well written.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5299 uninspiredcup

The Howling - This movie sucks, but the effects are great

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points