Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

No, it should be Bernie Sanders and Michelle Obama.

I will be shocked if Bernie ever recovers enough to run again.

Running away from his own rally that the little people took time money and effort to put on for him and jumping in bed with the people that conspired against him was a dead giveaway as to his true character. (technically the lack thereof)

You can't have a president that cuts and runs away at the slightest adversity.

Unscripted moments tell all and Bernie goes where the winds blow him and he made it obvious.

People won't forget.

How so? He said from the beginning he would support the democrat candidate regardless of who it was vs's Trump.... And with him siding with Clinton he had some say in her platform.. If he just refused that he would splinter the party even more, and we would see basically what Teddy Roosevelt did when he created the Bullmoose party to run against Taft.. Furthermore, Sanders is a old man.. This was his first and last run for the president and he knew it.. He opted for the path to have the most impact possible if he wasn't going to be the lead nominee for the Democrat party.. As a voter that doesn't mean I was going to support Clinton, but I completely understand why Sanders would do that from a political stand point.

As for running from his own rally? Are you talking about when the two BLM took over the podium? That was a lose lose situation.. He was already fighting criticism off about not being for the black community.. Of being sexist etc etc.. Sure would look great headline news of Bernie Sanders physically struggling with two BLM's at a rally, when the media was trying to torpedo him all the time..

Bernie won't run again, he is too old now.. He will be 76 or 77 years old come next election..

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#102 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@Stesilaus: exactly. This motherfucker is a molester.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

the DNC screw bernie so i don't think he will run again, biden said hes done and won't run for 2020

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@CommandoAgent said:

The same diverse groups that have helped electing leftists in so many other countries and always have failed?

diversity is going so great in Europe. Oh wait it isn't.

I don't live nowhere near Europe. I live in a country that elected multiple federal or local center-left wing governments including one surprise one in the last year or so. Just because the left got beaten in this election doesn't mean they are dead for good. There won't be a hilary type candidate or wildrose type politcal party conservatives can fearmonger about in the next US election. Trump will have to run on his own record in the next election.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@sSubZerOo: When you discover corruption you are presented with a choice to denounce it or join in. The excuse of keeping your word does not work. What he did was a failure of his ethics and going along for personal gain.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

@super600 said:
@luckylucious said:

I called out the establishment pretty early in the cycle on these forums. The re-election of Pelosi and mention of Biden should tell you establishment dems haven't learned.

The Biden move is an obvious choice (For the establishment) since Clinton would likely get an appointment. I knew about the Republican sweep since August tbh.

Pelosi is not really hurting democrats much. I rather she stay as the minority leader in the house.She's just the minority leader of the house. The democrats do not need to make radical changes to win the next election or the 2024 presidential election. Most of the changes they will need to make are in the other races. Throwing out anyone in the democratic party that is a part of the establishment is not a solution.

Also it's possible trump will end up as a one term president, but that will depend on the economy, who the democrats chose as their next presidental candidate and if trump does something that motivates people to vote against him in 2020. The US is not going to stop getting more diverse in 4 years. Trump and republicans can throw everything they got to prevent minorities and other groups from voting in future elections but it won't always work.

Democrats need to make radical changes actually, in fact historically blue states flipped red this election. On top of that, Democrats lost the same white working class voters that voted for Obama last election in the Rust-Belt.

This kind of attitude is exactly why the Republicans are likely to get another four years, because many Democrats I've talked to seem oblivious to the shift towards populist and anti-establishment ideology.

Democrats isolated the working class this election, its just a simple fact supported by those who voted this election and observation.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@luckylucious said:
@super600 said:
@luckylucious said:

I called out the establishment pretty early in the cycle on these forums. The re-election of Pelosi and mention of Biden should tell you establishment dems haven't learned.

The Biden move is an obvious choice (For the establishment) since Clinton would likely get an appointment. I knew about the Republican sweep since August tbh.

Pelosi is not really hurting democrats much. I rather she stay as the minority leader in the house.She's just the minority leader of the house. The democrats do not need to make radical changes to win the next election or the 2024 presidential election. Most of the changes they will need to make are in the other races. Throwing out anyone in the democratic party that is a part of the establishment is not a solution.

Also it's possible trump will end up as a one term president, but that will depend on the economy, who the democrats chose as their next presidental candidate and if trump does something that motivates people to vote against him in 2020. The US is not going to stop getting more diverse in 4 years. Trump and republicans can throw everything they got to prevent minorities and other groups from voting in future elections but it won't always work.

Pelosi is the epitome of an establishment democrat and a washington insider. She is a clinton democrat. Democrats need to make radical changes actually, in fact historically blue states flipped red this election.

If Democrats want to win they need to distance themselves from corporate democrats and go back to their populist roots.

On top of that, Democrats lost the same white working class voters that voted for Obama last election in the Rust-Belt.

Not defending Pelosi, but what policies of hers particularly grind your gears?

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 luckylucious

@mattbbpl said:
@luckylucious said:
@super600 said:
@luckylucious said:

Pelosi is the epitome of an establishment democrat and a washington insider. She is a clinton democrat. Democrats need to make radical changes actually, in fact historically blue states flipped red this election.

If Democrats want to win they need to distance themselves from corporate democrats and go back to their populist roots.

On top of that, Democrats lost the same white working class voters that voted for Obama last election in the Rust-Belt.

Nancy Pelosi is a Democrat, which I am not. She also voted yes on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler, and many of her policies have the Government directly interfering with the economy (Favoritism) (Which is mostly against my philosophy.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mattbbpl

@luckylucious said:
@mattbbpl said:

Nancy Pelosi is a Democrat, which I am not. She also voted yes on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler, and many of her policies have the Government directly interfering with the economy (Favoritism) (Which is mostly against my philosophy.

Wasn't expecting that. I take it you are also against recent actions involving Carrier, and that you oppose Trump's campaign promises and offer more support of the Paul Ryan agenda?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@luckylucious said:

Well in that case I guess you're unhappy with Trump.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By luckylucious

@mattbbpl said:
@luckylucious said:
@mattbbpl said:

Wasn't expecting that. I take it you are also against recent actions involving Carrier, and that you oppose Trump's campaign promises and offer more support of the Paul Ryan agenda?

I don't have much of an opinion towards Ryan and yes I am against that. Trump is a New York Republican, which is basically a Democrat. In fact I'm pretty sure he was a Democrat for 8 years up until recently.

Sure if I'd had to go with a dominating party it'd be Republican because I put more weight on a less restricted market than I do on social issues, however that doesn't mean I'm a republican.

Both parties represent big government to me and don't appeal to my laissez-faire style. If you're curious I would consider myself a classical liberal.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

Welp, seems like the Democrats are happy to not learn, and run another turd candidate. Biden, when asked said "For president. What the hell, man.”

Good to know we wont have another Democrat establishment idiot running for therapeutic reasons....

The Clinton Foundation has switched towards Chelsea Clinton. http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress/

The first step is to run for congress...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mattbbpl

@luckylucious said:
@mattbbpl said:
@luckylucious said:
@mattbbpl said:

I don't have much of an opinion towards Ryan and yes I am against that. Trump is a New York Republican, which is basically a Democrat. In fact I'm pretty sure he was a Democrat for 8 years up until recently.

Sure if I'd had to go with a dominating party it'd be Republican because I put more weight on a less restricted market than I do social issues, however that doesn't mean I'm a republican.

Both parties represent big government to me and don't appeal to my laissez-faire style. If you're curious I would consider myself a classical liberal.

I was just attempting to ascertain why you were urging the Democrats to adopt a populist style when you did not appear to actually prefer those policies. Must just be armchair analyzing (which is fine, but it radically changes the scope of this conversation).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#114 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@hillelslovak said:

Welp, seems like the Democrats are happy to not learn, and run another turd candidate. Biden, when asked said "For president. What the hell, man.”

Good to know we wont have another Democrat establishment idiot running for therapeutic reasons....

The Clinton Foundation has switched towards Chelsea Clinton. http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress/

Will this horseshit ever end?! Am I now gonna have to spend the next 30 years about how I, along with America, owe her high office? Jesus Christ. I thought the whole point of the rabid dog, Trump, was to stop this dynastic horseshit. I have no faith in Chelsea Clinton. If your parents throw you a 3 million dollar wedding, you, your family, and your friends are pieces of shit.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
@hillelslovak said:
@ronvalencia said:
@hillelslovak said:

Will this horseshit ever end?! Am I now gonna have to spend the next 30 years about how I, along with America, owe her high office? Jesus Christ. I thought the whole point of the rabid dog, Trump, was to stop this dynastic horseshit. I have no faith in Chelsea Clinton. If your parents throw you a 3 million dollar wedding, you, your family, and your friends are pieces of shit.

You might as well brace yourself:

Loading Video...

Seriously, don't be surprised if she's on the Democratic ticket for the presidency within the next 20 years if she manages to run and get elected to Congress.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 LJS9502_basic

@hillelslovak said:

Somebody has money envy...

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

It's going to be great watching Trump mop biden's stupid ass up all over the floor. Biden is a worthless child molesting politician and 4 years of him kissing ass to billionaires for the next election will not change that.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#118 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: yeah man, totally jealous they grab money from the Foundation to fund a party instead of giving it to Haiti like they said they were...but **** it I'm just salty neocon or some dumb shit right

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 LJS9502_basic

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

@LJS9502_basic: yeah man, totally jealous they grab money from the Foundation to fund a party instead of giving it to Haiti like they said they were...but **** it I'm just salty neocon or some dumb shit right

Ah is it reading comprehension or following a conversation that is the issue?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44277 Posts

I keep seeing some people here accuse Biden of being a child molester and am curious as to where you get this info. If it's from these "fake" news stories that I keep hearing then they seriously need to stop because that is seriously damaging to a person's character and is a really disgusting accusation to just throw around like that.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mattbbpl

@Archangel3371 said:

I keep seeing some people here accuse Biden of being a child molester and am curious as to where you get this info. If it's from these "fake" news stories that I keep hearing then they seriously need to stop because that is seriously damaging to a person's character and is a really disgusting accusation to just throw around like that.

It's due to photos such as this, I think:

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

I really don't like the direction of this democratic party.

Hillary Clinton follows Trump's footsteps and calls for legislation against false news. By urging people in the private and public sectors to take action. Trump's anti-free speech stuff was one of the main reasons I disliked that clown. Hillary looks to follow suit. Oh well, at least facts and data would still imply the democrats are better than a Trump presidency.

Joe Biden is definately preferable to Hillary, and is actually a fairly decent candidate but Hillary Clinton is a really low bar.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@super600 said:

I don't live nowhere near Europe.

Why is it so hard to say the name of the country you live in?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Archangel3371

@mattbbpl: While pics like that may be chuckle inducing in their awkwardness they are certainly not something that people should throw around the term child molester in any kind of serious tone over. That is an incredibly damaging thing to say about anyone.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mattbbpl

@Archangel3371 said:

@mattbbpl: While pics like that may be chuckle inducing in their awkwardness they are certainly not something that people should throw around the term child molester in any kind of serious tone over. That is an incredibly damaging thing to say about anyone.

Hey, I'm completely with you. This kind of "reporting" is what happens in the fake news and clickbait crap that's poisoning our critical thinking ability.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Archangel3371

@mattbbpl: Indeed. It sure has poisoned people's minds for sure. Sad and scary that some people buy into this so much.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Man you people just love eating out of the hand. The fake news shit that Hillary came out against that was never a thing until she lost...now everybody is acting like it's corrupting their minds. LOL

You people are so lost.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Maroxad

The only issue I have with fake news is when people try to use legislative force to censor it.

Good things never come from censoring negative press. Be it Trump having aspired to do it for over a year now and now with Hillary Clinton now trying to do the same. Harmful or not, the people who commit the acts of terror, NOT the artist should be charged. All you do is stiffle speech, while potentially causing a rather slippery slope. Who is it who determines accuracy anyways? Plenty of people, especailly ideologues, will interpret anything they dislike as false. Even on this very site, a person repeatedly accused me for saying that I was full of shit for arguing that Guild Wars 2 is not a good game. Despite using some rather objective criteria in addition to more subjective ones.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mattbbpl

@n64dd said:

Man you people just love eating out of the hand. The fake news shit that Hillary came out against that was never a thing until she lost...now everybody is acting like it's corrupting their minds. LOL

You people are so lost.

I don't know why you think it's a recent development. It's been around for a long, long time. Arguably even predating mass consumption of the internet (although that medium significantly stretched it's legs).

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 N64DD

@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:

You people are so lost.

I don't know why you think it's a recent development. It's been around for a long, long time. Arguably even predating mass consumption of the internet (although that medium significantly stretched it's legs).

It's a non-issue. People just can't accept they lost.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 mattbbpl

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:

You people are so lost.

It's not the reason for the loss, but nor is it a non-issue. This is how crap like anti-vaxxing, climate change denial, and anti-GMO crusades gain a foothold. The fact that we have politicians now boasting about the practice and claiming that we live in a post-fact world doesn't limit it's damage to the political sphere. It just means politicians are increasingly taking advantage of it.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 N64DD

@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:

You people are so lost.

It's not the reason for the loss, but nor is it a non-issue. This is how crap like anti-vaxxing, climate change denial, and anti-GMO crusades gain a foothold. The fact that we have politicians now boasting about the practice and claiming that we live in a post-fact world doesn't limit it's damage to the political sphere. It just means politicians are increasingly taking advantage of it.

uh huh

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 mattbbpl

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

uh huh

I'm a little surprised at the sarcasm. Given that this is outside of a political lens, I thought this would be something we would be able to find agreement in. Is that not actually the case?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 N64DD

@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

uh huh

I'm a little surprised at the sarcasm. Given that this is outside of a political lens, I thought this would be something we would be able to find agreement in. Is that not actually the case?

I was agreeing with you?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 mattbbpl

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

uh huh

I was agreeing with you?

Tone is impossible to convey through text so the reader imprints what he thinks is attempting to be conveyed.

My bad.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 N64DD

@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

uh huh

I was agreeing with you?

Tone is impossible to convey through text so the reader imprints what he thinks is attempting to be conveyed.

My bad.

apology accepted.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

@sSubZerOo: When you discover corruption you are presented with a choice to denounce it or join in. The excuse of keeping your word does not work. What he did was a failure of his ethics and going along for personal gain.

... What was there to personally gain from this? The guy is 72 years old and has no way of gaining the presidency now.. He is wildly popular in his state.. If he were a young guy I would agree, but his career was at close to his end. You think Sanders hasn't seen this kind of corruption for decades? That is why he has been a outsider for so long and was a independent in senate.. This is nothing new. This isn't saying he is a saint, but what exactly could he do about it?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

... What was there to personally gain from this? The guy is 72 years old and has no way of gaining the presidency now.. He is wildly popular in his state.. If he were a young guy I would agree, but his career was at close to his end. You think Sanders hasn't seen this kind of corruption for decades? That is why he has been a outsider for so long and was a independent in senate.. This is nothing new. This isn't saying he is a saint, but what exactly could he do about it?

The corruption was outed and he had a choice to make. He chose to join in. It is a clear reflection on his lack of integrity.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LJS9502_basic

@Maroxad said:

The only issue I have with fake news is when people try to use legislative force to censor it.

Good things never come from censoring negative press. Be it Trump having aspired to do it for over a year now and now with Hillary Clinton now trying to do the same. Harmful or not, the people who commit the acts of terror, NOT the artist should be charged. All you do is stiffle speech, while potentially causing a rather slippery slope. Who is it who determines accuracy anyways? Plenty of people, especailly ideologues, will interpret anything they dislike as false. Even on this very site, a person repeatedly accused me for saying that I was full of shit for arguing that Guild Wars 2 is not a good game. Despite using some rather objective criteria in addition to more subjective ones.

Well libel laws allow for recovery over false news. I don't believe in censorship but I don't believe lies should be printed either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@LJS9502_basic said:
@hillelslovak said:

Somebody has money envy...

Nope, I live comfortably. I just hate being told by a bunch of Manhattan big money assholes that they can relate to me.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Maroxad

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

Well libel laws allow for recovery over false news. I don't believe in censorship but I don't believe lies should be printed either.

So do I. Censorship is not the solution. But it doesnt change the fact that whoever spread these lies did a terrible thing.

What I hope happens is something along the lines of what followed this,

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By super600  Moderator

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@super600 said:

I don't live nowhere near Europe.

Why is it so hard to say the name of the country you live in?

I live in Canada. The surprise win I was referring to was an election win on the local level by some center-left political party that came in like 4th place in the election before that one. The biggest reason that politicial party won was that the governing party at the time became kinda arrogant and the populace was starting to get really tired of the governing party. There was also a lack of other viable options. The electorate was also getting younger and more progressive at the same time, but the win in the 2012 election by the former governing party prevented them from seeing this since the political party that was their main challenger at the time was way worse then them. Progressives and other voters that did not like the other political party voted en masse for the former governing party in that election to block the political party that was worse then them. When the former governing party got back into power after that election they started doing stuff that looked corrupt and awful to the general populace. The leader of the governing party eventually quit because she lost confidence in the party and the general electorate. The former governing party then elected some guy who promised to clean up the party which he kinda did until he was involved in some backdoor deal with the political party his political party almost lost to like two years earlier where a bunch of people within the weaker party would cross the floor to the governing party. That backroom deal along with the worsening economic conditions which people could not trust the former governing party to deal with led people to trust the center left party instead of them and the other political parties because that center left party spoke to them. What I am saying is that just because trump won the election against a opponent people did not like much either people in the US if they find a better option will ditch the republican party and trump pretty easily like what happened were I live a year ago especially if try things that piss of people in the US.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#143  Edited By Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Only way Trump will lose 2020 is if the Dems run someone like Biden. It has to be a new face, specifically a young, white guys face (like Justin Trudeau). Otherwise, they better hope Trump fucks up real bad, not Bush bad, but Nixon bad.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LJS9502_basic

@mordant221 said:

Only way Trump will lose 2020 is if the Dems run someone like Biden. It has to be a new face, specifically a young, white guys face (like Justin Trudeau). Otherwise, they better hope Trump fucks up real bad, not Bush bad, but Nixon bad.

I don't think it's a big worry....he's doing the opposite of what he promised. He'll be gone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mordant221 said:

I don't think it's a big worry....he's doing the opposite of what he promised. He'll be gone.

He straight up told people he could shoo them, and their dumbasses would still vote for him, and they did. He is the worst, easiest seen con man in history, and he won the election. Complacency is what props men like him up, and it is what keeps men like him in power. The democrats are showing an absurd inability to critically assess their own performance, and I dont see them making enough steps to beat him, considering Republicans swept through government during the Obama administration, grabbing representative and jusidical jobs at every level, across the country. If Republicans can gerrymander districts into dust, and the Democrats dont do anything when they have a president and majority in the house and senate, what makes you think gerrymandering will be anything but a gangplank to greater abuse, given he will have a majority, and will be able to elect hyper conservative people to the Supreme Court?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By super600  Moderator

@hillelslovak said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mordant221 said:

He straight up told people he could shoo them, and their dumbasses would still vote for him, and they did. He is the worst, easiest seen con man in history, and he won the election. Complacency is what props men like him up, and it is what keeps men like him in power. The democrats are showing an absurd inability to critically assess their own performance, and I dont see them making enough steps to beat him, considering Republicans swept through government during the Obama administration, grabbing representative and jusidical jobs at every level, across the country. If Republicans can gerrymander districts into dust, and the Democrats dont do anything when they have a president and majority in the house and senate, what makes you think gerrymandering will be anything but a gangplank to greater abuse, given he will have a majority, and will be able to elect hyper conservative people to the Supreme Court?

There only so much gerrymandering the republican party could do before it actually backfires. The republicans are not invicible. They are still going to have to deal with a electorate thagt is getting more diverse and younger mostly.Something will weak the party in the next 4 to 8 years. That thing may be one big event as severe as watergate or a big backdoor floor crossing or multiple small events that anger people in the US.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@super600 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mordant221 said:

There only so much gerrymandering the republican party could do before it actually backfires. The republicans are not invicible. They are still going to have to deal with a electorate thagt is getting more diverse and younger mostly.Something will weak the party in the next 4 to 8 years. That thing may be one big event as severe as watergate or a big backdoor floor crossing or multiple small events that anger people in the US.

Gerrymandering is their answer to the increasing diversity. The negation of minority and lower income wards and districts is it's chief strength.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By super600  Moderator

@hillelslovak said:
@super600 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Gerrymandering is their answer to the increasing diversity. The negation of minority and lower income wards and districts is it's chief strength.

Like I said there is only so much gerrymandering the republican can do before it backfires on them. If the democrats win a future election by a big enough margin the republicans gerrymandering will be ineffective. There will also be a point were the republicans gerrymandering won't prevent some of their weaker districts in urban areas and areas in the south or west from moving to the democrats.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By luckylucious

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mordant221 said:

Trump is filling his cabinet with bad picks, and has reversed on his promises; however though, seeing how none of the Democratic party seems to be learning at all (With the exception of the insurgent socialist faction of Ellison and Sanders), 8 years of Trump is a possibility.

Many of the comments on here are attacking parties when it really is about the individuals/policies. Parties are becoming increasingly irrelevant, as proven by the Rust-Belt voters who voted for Obama (But also voted Trump this election + the states that flipped).

Many voters voted red this election because they're tired of globalist agenda and they felt left behind, not because they're diehard party rats.