"IT" Chapter 2 trailer is here and creepy!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Now that's how you do a Teaser Trailer. Really looking forward to seeing the movie this September and they also got James MacAvoy, so I'm expecting this to really sell the PTSD factor.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Looks awesome love the first movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Bill Hader in a IT movie. Ha! It's going to be a comedy movie.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#4 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I finally watched the first part of IT and the movie made me laugh and laugh. It was awful. Zero suspense. No scare factor and Bill Skarsgård was laughable as Pennywise. Too much of a try hard at being "scary" that he came off funny looking and funny sounding.

I don't know what people saw in the first movie. Tim Curry was a much better Pennywise in the original and it was a more memorable movie.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Creepy! The beginning of the trailer was somewhat reminiscent of the bathroom scene in The Shining.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@neatfeatguy said:

I finally watched the first part of IT and the movie made me laugh and laugh. It was awful. Zero suspense. No scare factor and Bill Skarsgård was laughable as Pennywise. Too much of a try hard at being "scary" that he came off funny looking and funny sounding.

I don't know what people saw in the first movie. Tim Curry was a much better Pennywise in the original and it was a more memorable movie.

To me, it was freaking scary. I never find Clowns to be funny but man, Pennywise totally scared the hell out of me and the pacing was freaking amazing. I'm totally hype for Chapter 2.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I'm not generally a horror movie fan, but I'm really excited for this one. I've actually never seen the Tim Curry one from way back when either. I really want to see Maturin in this though and what happens to these characters.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@warmblur said:

Do people have to watch the 1st movie before they watch the 2nd?

EasternKazmand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EasternKazmand
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

The temp of the trailer was great, very tense and spooky. The first was great, I am hoping the casting choices work out.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@PSP107 said:
@warmblur said:

Do people have to watch the 1st movie before they watch the 2nd?

Yes I would highly recommend doing so.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I loved the original.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Original is great, remake Pt 1 is also great (better? Maybe).

Looking forward to this.

Great trailer, love how it was most of a single scene, I didn't feel like I was watching something made for people with short attention spans.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

If Chapter 1 is any indication, this is how you do Steven King adaptation remakes right (I'm looking at you Pet Semetary).

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@Byshop said:

If Chapter 1 is any indication, this is how you do Steven King adaptation remakes right (I'm looking at you Pet Semetary).

The '89 version or the '19 version?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Got goose bumps from it and that's pretty rare. Gotta wait for the UHD though, for the ultimate experience.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:
@Byshop said:

The '89 version or the '19 version?

Adaptation remake vs adaptation, so the 2019 one. The new one added almost nothing to the formula. It was nearly the same film, almost beat for beat, albeit with less useful exposition. I guess that's handy for those of us who already know the story, but anyone who's seen the original also has less reason to enjoy the new one.

The creepy kid in '19 was better and less laughable than "killer Gauge" in the '89 version, but that's the only area where the film was an improvement. Everything else was either utterly predictable because it was basically the same down to the dialog. "The ground is sour", "the veil was not meant to be crossed", "that's your cat now", yadda yadda yadda.

And the worst part was Pascal. Louis's ghost pal in the original was equal parts creepy and sarcastic. He was obviously the same college kid he was before he died, but now he has taken on this new role with the additional knowledge he gained after death. New Pascal was just a boring, ominous, prophet of doom-type.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Not a fan of the remake, the original movie was better imo.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@neatfeatguy: LOL! That made for TV movie was so unbelievably badly acted and downright corny. So funny to see people still saying that was a good movie. When was the last time you watched it? Be honest, 10 years ago? It’s not what you remember.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

@neatfeatguy: LOL! That made for TV movie was so unbelievably badly acted and downright corny. So funny to see people still saying that was a good movie. When was the last time you watched it? Be honest, 10 years ago? It’s not what you remember.

Last week. Probably the 3rd time I've seen it this month, LOL. My kid loves it.

As for my opinion I.... like Time Curry's performance. He's the only one in it with a formidable character, though.

I'm really looking forward to Chapter 2. I want to see if the director embraces where the book goes off the rails or if he takes the safe route.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#20 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@Baconstrip78 said:

I haven't seen it (It?) in a very long time, but I remember a lot of it very well. I just saw the remake last year and can barely remember anything from it other than Pennywise being overly CG and them showing the full extent of what happened to Georgie. This could just be me being a traditionalist, but the original It made a far better impact on me than the remake did, not saying the remake wasn't any good, though. I am, however, reading the book right now (just past page 1,000. ****, this book is long), and I plan to watch the TV movie again, and then the remake directly after, so I'll be able to compare both them more accurately. I will say this, though. Curry's Pennywise was far better.

@mattbbpl said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

I'm really looking forward to Chapter 2. I want to see if the director embraces where the book goes off the rails or if he takes the safe route.

Yeah, me too. Never knew how much more messed up the book was until I actually started reading it.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@neatfeatguy said:

Yeah I agree. The creepiest part of the movie was the pedo dad. Every scene with him made my skin crawl. I liked the scenes with pennywise, but it was more for the entertainment, I didn't find him particularly scary.