Is my mom being communist?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Ok so my mom has always been a strict little hag ever since I was born. But a lot of times I wonder if it's even for my own good.

Last week an incedent occured where we visited my aunt and uncle who we hardly ever see. My aunt and uncle wanted to give me a big gift since I hardly get to spend time with them so they took me to the mall and said I can get $300 worth of stuff. I was so happy because I've never had a gift like this before. But then all of a sudden out of nowhere my mom tells them that they cant buy me anything because "Martin is my son and we're teaching him a good value-system right now and he can't be exposed to something like this.

I was like "wtf?". My uncle got really fed up with her and just walked away while my aunt was trying to explain to her that she just wants to express her love by giving me a gift. But my mom just kept saying no.

I dont know what kind of "value-system" my mother is trying to teach me in terms of money. She rarely even buys me clothes and when she does theyre from the thrift store. thats why I was so happy to go on a $300 shopping spree with my aunt and uncle. Is she trying to tell me that I don't deserve expensive things because I'm not worthy? To be honest, I think shes just being selfish and doesn't want to "waste" money on me.

i told my friends about this incedent and they said i should run away from home XD

what do you think OT?

VodkaFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VodkaFTW
Member since 2011 • 271 Posts

She is not. Just ask her for a cut of it and see how it goes, though if you got all of it you would probably blow it on something dumb.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

She is not a communist from that. She's allowed to do that too. Perhaps you can convince her if your relatives can take you out on your birthday if you paint their porch or something.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Yes she is

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
You have a good mom. ;)
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

She is just closed minded. But yeah you really should tell her she is being communist. In a way she is, because she is being super controlling. Now that we know she is one of them communits, you know what to do. Coming from a background were I have to know the value of a dollar, she is full of bananas in her mouth. It is ok to use other peoples money if they say it is ok.... This is AMERICA. Seriously, she needs to get off her high horse because her idealogy does not make her the person she thinks she is. She also needs to learn not to be rude and to say something that does not offend others. If anything she just taught you that you should only think about yourself...? Ok that just might be good evidence of her communist thinking.

to the guy below VVV, yeah you go do that, because you just said was not coherent, lol.

to the other guy below VVV, yeah communism is that bad :o.

and to the third other guy below VVV, lol I was thinking the same thing, she better be.:evil: Because otherwise she is most definately a communist. If in the case she is hot, then yes she is teaching you good values, like saving money to get hot women because hot girls are attracted to guys with lots of money. So they can be the ones who just spend all that dough!

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

TC brings up a very good point. Is the use of words for which one does not understand funny, or simply sad?

I must retire for the evening to contemplate this matter.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

She's a communism. Report her to the federal government asap.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Wow... now communism is becoming a vernacular insult. :?
ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts
Is she hot?
sauronthehun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 sauronthehun
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts
Death is a preferable alternative to communism.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
Wow... now communism is becoming a vernacular insult. :?foxhound_fox
:D my thoughts exactly
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

It's really sad when I see today's youth regurgitate the same 60's propaganda.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Calling your mom a "strict little hag" makes me think you're immature. If you want people to take your side on anything, being immature in your opening sentence is not the way to go about it. Your mother is parenting the way she wants to parent. I personally wouldn't deny my child a gift from a family member, but what I'm sensing here is that if she thinks anything like me, she's not buying you tons of stuff because she wants you to appreciate and value the items you have and treat them well, and not think that every time you need something or want something that you can snap your fingers and get it. I wish my parents had done that for my sister, she's greedy and almost drove us into a power pole today because my mom wouldn't backtrack across town and spend $40 on Pizza Hut for her. Then again, maybe your mother (or family, if your dad also lives with you) are not very well-off. Maybe they're just barely making ends meet. And while yes it might have been a logically good idea for your mother to allow your relatives to get you things, maybe she feels guilty that she can't give you that. But a more likely scenario is that her son is rude and selfish himself, if my son called me selfish and a "little hag" I sure as **** wouldn't "waste" my money on him. Remember, SHE makes the money, she has every right to use it for what she pleases. You obviously have food and a home, seeing as you have a computer and internet, so she's not denying you basic necessities. Anything beyond that is not mandatory for her to give you. How about this; go look for a job. Make some money, and buy your own clothes and everything else your heart desires and be more or less self-sufficient and stop whining that your mom doesn't take you shopping or buy you a lot of stuff. If you're old enough to feel entitled to things that are not necessities, you're old enough to work for them.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Usually when you teach a kid the value of a dollar/what you have, it's because they're spoiled.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I'm actually sympathetic to the TC here and I'm usually on the parent's side in these types of threads. While your mom absolutely has the right to do this, and it doesn't make her a communist I would still be pretty ticked off at her if I were you, your uncle, or your aunt.

In my mind a one time opportunity like that wouldn't make you a spoiled little rich kid who doesn't understand the value of a dollar, and overriding another relative's show of affection is rather cruel to that person. It seems like she wants to teach you a good life lesson, but has decided to take that lesson to an extreme that could honestly end up backfiring. As many of us here in OT say, "Life is about balance," and it would appear your mom isn't striking any sort of balance.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mahlasor

Um... (Xile)^^^ you realise this is not her mom's money, right? Honestly, I think your mom is jelous that they were willing to give that to you, women lie like this... Dont take her words literally, she was being really general for a reason. And to the "child is spoiled," did you know that spoiling yourself is good for your health? I mean I have for years have my dollars tight and locked up, but honestly I was unhappy because of it, I like at least buying something I dont need every week... just something simple like a 2 liter pop, or some nice alcohal.\

V lol! Call the federal government! Maybe conservatives are just communists when it comes to personal lives? 0_o o_0 you never know.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Actually it sounds like your mother is being conservative.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

While a bit on the cruel side, I wouldn't classify her as something as terrible as a commie.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
How is that a communist ideal?
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts
i told my friends about this incedent and they said i should run away from home XDmartinX3X
Just out of curiosity, how old are you even?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
How is that a communist ideal?scorch-62
Keeping the goods away from the working man and not allowing him the fruits if his labour!
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 T_P_O
How is that a communist ideal?scorch-62
because herpderpderp OT
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Um... (Xile)^^^ you realise this is not her mom's money, right? Honestly, I think your mom is jelous that they were willing to give that to you, women lie like this... Dont take her words literally, she was being really general for a reason. And to the "child is spoiled," did you know that spoiling yourself is good for your health? I mean I have for years have my dollars tight and locked up, but honestly I was unhappy because of it, I like at least buying something I dont need every week... just something simple like a 2 liter pop, or some nice alcohal.\

V lol! Call the federal government! Maybe conservatives are just communists when it comes to personal lives? 0_o o_0 you never know.

mahlasor
Yep. Quite aware of that. Some parents just don't like people giving their children extremely large gifts if they can't give them nice things as well. They see it as something that will negatively impact their child and will cause the child to get upset if the parents cannot give them similar expensive gifts due to not having the financial means. Do you have any idea how absolutely crap it feels to not be able to give your child nice things, but other people can? Whether she denied their gift because of personal feelings or something else is not really the issue here. Spoiling yourself is fine, but spoiling yourself to the point where basic needs are not met is ridiculous. My "spoils" are slurpees and the occasional chocolate bar. I splurged big on the weekend and got myself a gamecard for WoW. I didn't spend a few hundred dollars to 'spoil' myself, nor do you need to. This kid is probably like 14, she's probably trying to teach him that life is expensive, and nothing is just handed to you. Maybe the wrong way to go about it in general, but if my kid was that rude I'd probably do the same.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

Why yes, yes she is. /sarcasm

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 T_P_O
to the guy below VVV, yeah you go do that, because you just said was not coherent, lol.mahlasor
Now, I don't speak for cybrcatter, but you're begging this question: are you being purposefully stupid in this thread?
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#29 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I feel ya. Mom asked me to take out the trash last night. I mean that's kinda what Stalin did to his people.
Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts

Obviously good manners isn't one of the values your mom wants you to hold if she's being so unreasonable.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Your mom isn't a communist. :?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
ummmm i dont think you know what communism is.....and shes your mom, until you're able to provide for yourself you do whatever she says
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mahlasor

Cookies to you sir (T_P_O)^, I am half serious, half stupid, all intelligent!

To Xile, yeah 300 dollars is a lot of money all at once. I was thinking about getting a sexbox, but then I was like "all that just for something I dont need?" Maybe it has something to do with they said "get whatever with this." In a way that does sound weird to just spend money meaninglessly. I think her intention is to teach the value of critical thinking when it comes to spending money. But wow she said it in the worst way possible which is why we are here, talking about it. And I think this is teaching you a lesson about women... They can make you go ?, a lot.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
You need to report your mother to HUAC immediately.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Wondering if OP does know what is communism
GrodyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GrodyBean
Member since 2011 • 265 Posts

Death is a preferable alternative to communism.sauronthehun

Liberty Prime has so many enlightening messages.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
Maybe your aunt and uncle aren't so well off. And I would do the same thing your mother did. Free stuff has never helped with discipline.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Your mommy is not a Commie but an 'ASIAN TIGRESS", Asian tiger is a term of how most (not all) asian mother raise their kids in a very strict manner and occasionally most of their children became rich and smart (plus good in math) in their later career. In other words.... asian tiger moms just want to make sure their children is not a liability in the future.
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Seems everyone just stuck on you using the word communist and never get over that point :? Don't understand why they couldn't actually just look at what your post was saying. In a simplified form, I'm going to agree with you, in a sense. It sounds weird to me I guess, your mom denying your aunt/uncle the ability to give you a gift. I've heard a few responses in this thread, and perhaps you are spoiled or something, but your description makes me side with you.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Your mommy is not a Commie but an 'ASIAN TIGRESS", Asian tiger is a term of how most (not all) asian mother raise their kids in a very strict manner and occasionally most of their children became rich and smart (plus good in math) in their later career. In other words.... asian tiger moms just want to make sure their children is not a liability in the future.hippiesanta
I feel as if that were accurate he wouldn't be on here calling his mother a communist for something that is clearly not communist. He'd be busy playing the piano or learning useful skills.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
I think that your mom might of thought that your love and acknowledgement of your existence was worth more than 300 dollars from a aunt and uncle who does not even know their nephew enough to be able to buy something for him. But as you say the "strict little hag" who most likely knows that you call her names behind her back in order to instill a sense of better self and world worth is in the wrong.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
What does that has to do with communism?
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

She's a mom. Thread dismissed.

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Former_Slacker
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

So how does this make the means of production publicly owned? :P

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
ARe you just using communism as a random pejorative now?
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

To be honest TC, you sound a bit immature.The fact that you insulted her right off the top doesn't help me think any better of your perdiciment.You aren't entiltled to those gifts, and your mom has every right to say "no" to them. Yes, it's a bit harsh, but I've seen way to many spoiled rich kids to think to badly of your mom in this situation. Teaching your kids about the value of money is a more important lesson than many seem to realize.

Also, I don't think you know what communism is. Refusing hand-outs and teaching the value of money/hard work seems pretty capitalist to me.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
No that doesn't sound communistic at all. She's emphasizing the value of money and trying to teach you good spending habits, figuring you'd probably just go on a spending spree if they gave you $300. I don't really agree with her methodology though.
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

In this thread: People avoid the topic at hand and go after the TC's use of the word communist. Luckily he didn't say the word gay or otherwise people would be posting "how is your mom acting like a homosexual?"

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

In this thread: People avoid the topic at hand and go after the TC's use of the word communist. Luckily he didn't say the word gay or otherwise people would be posting "how is your mom acting like a homosexual?"

StrifeDelivery
Oh man, the thread title asks whether his Mom is a communist and people answer that, what a shock!
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

gsg

Sorry TC, no hope for you.