Is Mission Impossible better than James Bond now?

• 57 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Edited By uninspiredcup

Poll Is Mission Impossible better than James Bond now? (25 votes)

Mission Impossible is a better franchise now 32%
Bond still top 68%

Here's a dumb ass kill time weekend thread.

Both these series tend to get compared. MI movies have been going for around 25 years now and much like James Bond, have jumped all over the place in style and tone.

Curious as to your thoughts, would you rather watch the next MI movie or Daniel Craig's final outing? Feel free to compare the older titles as well.

-

I thought Skyfall was great but no too keen on his other movies. Spectre I thought was underrated, but upon rewatching it a few times, it's really not. The last two MI movies were thoroughly impressive. Fallout in particularly feeling especially like a Bond movie.

Still rather watch alot of the older Bonds over them though. Ethan Hunt ain't no Bond and still lacks the special sauce.

• 
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

Yes, MI is better than Bond.

One reason is better action, thanks to Tom Cruise performing his own stunts. He's no Jackie Chan, but he's the only modern Hollywood movie star that comes anywhere close. It makes the action in the MI movies more exciting to watch than the Bond movies.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#52 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

To be, the Bond series has been faltering while the MI series has been getting better and better.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Yes, MI is better than Bond.

One reason is better action, thanks to Tom Cruise performing his own stunts. He's no Jackie Chan, but he's the only modern movie star that comes anywhere close. It makes the action in the MI movies more exciting to watch than the Bond movies.

To be fair Craig does stunts as well, he's been injured a fair bit (and is even injured right now delaying the current movie)

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a27467433/daniel-craig-james-bond-movies-stunt-injuries/

Timothy Dalton explicitly insisted on doing his stunt work whenever possible, as well as reading all the books before taking the part.

Roger Moore? lol The dude was an old ass man by A View To Kill. The biggest stunt he did was making quiche.

Loading Video...

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

i like both

both are equal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@JustPlainLucas:

I disagree. After the 1&2, the only one which i felt was solid beginning to end was the 5th one(second to last newest one.)

I am curious why you think that, though.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Fair enough. The Daniel Craig movies have upped their game for Bond movies, in the face of competition from MI and Bourne. I'd still give the edge to MI though.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

I like both, but have to go Bond still.