Is Mike's Hard Lemonade a girl drink?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I've always thought of it as sort of a girl drink or something. But their new ads are sort of confusing, because they make it seem like a manly drink for hard dudes.

Anyway, I wanted something to drink tonight, but I REALLY wasn't in the mood for beer, and I really didn't feel like drinking liquor. I was actually more in the mood for something non-alcoholic, like juice or a soda. But at the same time, I really DID want something with alcohol in it. So I bought me some Mike's Hard Pomegranate Lemonade. It's fruity like Grapico or Orange Fanta, and it'll still get you drunk.

Anyway, is Mike's Hard Lemonade a girl drink?

Second question. If you are a dude, and like manly drinks, has there ever been a time when for some reason you just wanted to drink girl drinks all night?

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

I've always thought of it as sort of a girl drink or something. But their new ads are sort of confusing, because they make it seem like a manly drink for hard dudes.

Anyway, I wanted something to drink tonight, but I REALLY wasn't in the mood for beer, and I really didn't feel like drinking liquor. I was actually more in the mood for something non-alcoholic, like juice or a soda. But at the same time, I really DID want something with alcohol in it. So I bought me some Mike's Hard Pomegranate Lemonade. It's fruity like Grapico or Orange Fanta, and it'll still get you drunk.

Second question. If you are a dude, and like manly drinks, has there ever been a time when for some reason you just wanted to drink girl drinks all night?

MrGeezer

No, an appletini is a girl drink.

kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts

Anything that isn't beer or whiskey is a girl drink.

Don't you know anything TC!:roll:

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
Cosmopolitans FTW! lol.......Appletinis..... just reminds me of JD Hahaha. Anything that get you messed up is ok with me.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts

im sure someone else has noticed, a lot of the guys that walk into the houses on to catch a predator bring mikes hard lemonaide, but that just might be because they think the under 16 year old girls would like the taste because its like lemonaide....

cosmo's are a definate girl drink tho.

_

loopan2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 loopan2k
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts
nonoo
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

Yes, it is.

But so is Smirnoff Ice, and I will pass up beer any time for that.

The trick is not to care.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

harashawn

Yeah, but that's the thing about girl drinks. They're usually some kind of sweet or fruity variation on manly drinks.

For example James Bond drinks martinis. Martinis are manly. But if you turn it into an APPLE martini, or a CHOCOLATE martini, or a POMEGRANATE martini, it becomes a girl drink.

StaindShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StaindShadow
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts

It's not a girl drink if you pound your chest and rub your chest hair while drinking it.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
[QUOTE="harashawn"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

MrGeezer

Yeah, but that's the thing about girl drinks. They're usually some kind of sweet or fruity variation on manly drinks.

For example James Bond drinks martinis. Martinis are manly. But if you turn it into an APPLE martini, or a CHOCOLATE martini, or a POMEGRANATE martini, it becomes a girl drink.

Just act tough when you drink it.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts
I drink the regular Mikes Hard Lemonade on occasion,I find the other kinds like smirnoff or whatever to be way to sweet.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts

I never had Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Say, what makes it different from regular lemonade? I is curious.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MoldOnHold
I drink the regular Mikes Hard Lemonade on occasion,I find the other kinds like smirnoff or whatever to be way to sweet.teh_destroyer
I like your post count. 8)
StaindShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StaindShadow
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts

MoldOnHold

Alcohol.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nimatoad2000

its HARD

and it also includes ALCHO- MA - HAl

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
...not in my opinion. I mean flavor =/= girl drink imo.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts
[QUOTE="teh_destroyer"]I drink the regular Mikes Hard Lemonade on occasion,I find the other kinds like smirnoff or whatever to be way to sweet.MoldOnHold
I like your post count. 8)

it is a charming number 8)
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGeezer

MoldOnHold

It'll get you drunk.

Not super drunk or anything. Alcohol content is only 5%, so it's basically like beer.

But if you drink enough of it, it'll get you drunk.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Anything designed to get you drunk without actually tasting like its alcoholic is a girls drink, so yes.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MoldOnHold
Oh I see. Well a spiked lemonade should definitely be interesting.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nimatoad2000
5% is lol ... sakebombs / jagerbombs ... have you played shotpong with tequila or vodka? yeah....
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#22 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Yes, yes it is. And I agree about their advertisements - it's as if they're totally confused about their target audience. Do they believe guys actually buy Mike's Hard Lemonade? I don't know many guys who would want to wrap their lips around the neck of Mike's Hard anything.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nimatoad2000

Yes, yes it is. And I agree about their advertisements - it's as if they're totally confused about their target audience. Do they believe guys actually buy Mike's Hard Lemonade? I don't know many guys who would want to wrap their lips around the neck of Mike's Hard anything.DJ_Lae

that made me laugh pretty hard, good one sir

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

harashawn

lol even more girly...an appletini easy on the tini lmao

JD :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347
deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Yes, yes it is. And I agree about their advertisements - it's as if they're totally confused about their target audience. Do they believe guys actually buy Mike's Hard Lemonade? I don't know many guys who would want to wrap their lips around the neck of Mike's Hard anything.nimatoad2000

Lol, that was good.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Yes, yes it is. And I agree about their advertisements - it's as if they're totally confused about their target audience. Do they believe guys actually buy Mike's Hard Lemonade? I don't know many guys who would want to wrap their lips around the neck of Mike's Hard anything.vkr171

Lol, that was good.

Haha, oh now I get it!

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts

MrGeezer

Any type of alcoholic drink with lemonade or cordial in it is a girl's drink.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
If you buy into that crap. I don't buy them, but I wouldn't see a problem if I saw a guy drinking it. It's alcohol, so it's all good in my books.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
Yes, yes it is. And I agree about their advertisements - it's as if they're totally confused about their target audience. Do they believe guys actually buy Mike's Hard Lemonade? I don't know many guys who would want to wrap their lips around the head of Mike's Hard anything.DJ_Lae
fixed :lol:
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts

Anything that isn't beer or whiskey is a girl drink.

Don't you know anything TC!:roll:

kayn83

Haha. I can drink beer like it's water so thats usually the "weakest" thing I drink.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Men drink wine coolers and women drink beer. Here in Canada we make no discrimination between the sexes about who is "supposed" to drink something. If you like it, you drink it.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

Men drink wine coolers and women drink beer. Here in Canada we make no discrimination between the sexes about who is "supposed" to drink something. If you like it, you drink it.foxhound_fox

That's dumb.

YourOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 YourOldFriend
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
[QUOTE="harashawn"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

MrGeezer

Yeah, they are, but whatever. Just enjoy what you're doing and drinking and don't give a shat about what's girly or manly.

Oh, and more importantly, to set the record straight, James Bond drinks vodka martinis, not martinis.

Vodka Martini = Vodka (+ Vermouth)

Martini = Gin + Vermouth

Big difference.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Men drink wine coolers and women drink beer. Here in Canada we make no discrimination between the sexes about who is "supposed" to drink something. If you like it, you drink it.foxhound_fox
Apparently we've been going to different parties. :P
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Huff
Member since 2003 • 2132 Posts
You may want to start
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
If it has the same alcohol content as normal buds, mgd, heinys then i say no. If it has less aclohol and/or is a smaller oz. volume compared to normal bottles and yet same price as normal bottles then yes.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Its a girls drink all the way but it still tastes hella good. Also the commercials are jokes they should just make a commercial of a bunch of good lookin woman sitting at a table and drinking
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts

Mikes hard doesn't do anything for me...

my cuz's mom lets her 13 year old drik em

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

MrGeezer

Taste always trumps alcohol %. If you like the taste of Mike's Hard lemonade, what does it matter how it's viewed?

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 d51man
Member since 2005 • 6143 Posts
Nah, it always seemed like a guy's drink, but I always associated it with barbeques, baseball games, stuff like that. My idea of a manly drink is like..Scotch though. :P And no, I've never had a taste for a "girly" drink. :P
C_Town_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 C_Town_Soul
Member since 2003 • 9489 Posts

Mikes hard doesn't do anything for me...

my cuz's mom lets her 13 year old drik em

Akm4everz
same
tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts

Sorta but not really. Really anything that isn't beer, wine, or liquor gets branded as a girl drink in my experience.

Problem is I LOVE lemonade and like some alchohol when socializing with friends on the weekends. So... forget what others think when it comes to your taste in beverages.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Damn bass ackwards Canadians. Mike's is a girl drink. Real men drink gasoline.
bminns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bminns
Member since 2004 • 4052 Posts

Mike's Hard Lemonade is definitely a girl's drink. And no, I've never had the urge to drink something girly because chick's drinks taste like crap.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Men drink wine coolers and women drink beer. Here in Canada we make no discrimination between the sexes about who is "supposed" to drink something. If you like it, you drink it.AAllxxjjnn

That's dumb.

no its not. who cares what you drink. its all alcohol and it will all get you drunk eventually. what does it matter if it's a womens drink or a mans drink

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts

Mikes is far from a girls drink and I see plenty of men drink it. It is more of the hang-out and chill drink that you can have in place of beer.

Anyways, in my mind the only true girly drink is a Zima cause that stuff is just straight LAME!!!!

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Men drink wine coolers and women drink beer. Here in Canada we make no discrimination between the sexes about who is "supposed" to drink something. If you like it, you drink it.FUBAR24

That's dumb.

no its not. who cares what you drink. its all alcohol and it will all get you drunk eventually. what does it matter if it's a womens drink or a mans drink

Drinking wine coolers will get your man license revoked.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Men drink wine coolers and women drink beer. Here in Canada we make no discrimination between the sexes about who is "supposed" to drink something. If you like it, you drink it.famicommander
Damn bass ackwards Canadians. Mike's is a girl drink. Real men drink gasoline.

and wash it down with matches

GrandTheftHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GrandTheftHalo
Member since 2004 • 4187 Posts
I don't think its a girl drink, its just weak.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Men drink wine coolers and women drink beer. Here in Canada we make no discrimination between the sexes about who is "supposed" to drink something. If you like it, you drink it.famicommander

That's dumb.

Drinking wine coolers will get your man license revoked.

getting drunk is getting drunk no matter what you use to get there. being 18 i dont drink and my uncles said that my tolerance for alcohol wont even kick in till im 22 or 23 anyway cause thats when they all started to hold their licquor. so really i wouldnt know but in this society something with flavor to me is better. i mean ive tried beer. whoes dad hasnt let them have a sip when they were young. i hated it. but i hear smirnoff mixed with Amped Overdrive or Full Throttle Blue Demon is pretty good