Is it bad to be a part-time bank teller right after college with degrees in Accounting and Management?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By frogo0
Member since 2016 • 91 Posts

I have a 3.3 GPA and degrees in Accounting and Management from an average ranked college in Texas. Unfortunately, my accounting GPA is not good enough to get me into into a masters in Accounting program/CPA certified so I have to find a job.

So far, the only job that would hire me is a bank as a part-time bank teller. I have virtually no work or internship experience so I think this is why jobs are skeptical of hiring me and why I have been rejected by jobs so often.

Will I be able to move up in the future? Is it normal for someone to be rejected so much from jobs despite a low unemployment rate?Anyone else with a similar experience? Any advice? Thoughts?

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 frogo0
Member since 2016 • 91 Posts

I am also 23 and will start the job when I turn 24

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

From your thread dated over two years ago: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/how-and-where-to-meet-women-and-friends-now-that-i-33362042/

@frogo0 said :

Hey, I am a 24 year old man just out of college.

I did quite well in college and am now an accountant. I also have a CPA and a masters degree in accounting.

However, I never had many friends at all in college. In fact I only had 1 friend and no girlfriend. I lived at my parent's home in college to save money, went to the lectures and came home. No parties or anything.

Almost everyone I work with is far older than me. I feel like I have to change or else I will live and die alone. What are some good places to make friends and find a partner? What are appropriate places to come up to random people and talk to them. Would it be bars, or night clubs etc?Which one is best? Thoughts?

You were warned to stop spamming the forum with... whatever this is and you refuse to address the obvious and frequent inconsistencies in your stories.

-Byshop