indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

On FIFA WC 2014 a belgian fan by name of Axelle Despiegelaere lost Loreal modelling contract for a hunting pic on her facebook profile.

Isn't hunting animals considered sports ? Kill for food ? Or is it crime nowadays ? Can one be arrested on hunting animals like deer or birds ?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Neither sport nor crime if you ask me.

Hunting for pleasure, in my opinion, is disgusting. There's something wrong with a modern human that takes pleasure in killing something for reasons other than self-defense...I can even understand but not condone revenge. Hunting for sustenance is okay.

You can be arrested, in some countries, for killing an animal on the endangered species list.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 indzman

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

It is never a crime unless the local laws say it is. Now, if you are asking if it is right or wrong morally, then well it depends. Are they hunting for fun? Just to say they killed ___ animal and can stuff the head for their wall? In that case I think it is wrong. However, I have no problem if they are hunting because they NEED food; or if the population of the animal they are hunting has grown too large and needs to be thinned out.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

Hunting for pleasure, in my opinion, is disgusting. There's something wrong with a modern human that takes pleasure in killing something for reasons other than self-defense...I can even understand but not condone revenge. Hunting for sustenance is okay.

You can be arrested, in some countries, for killing an animal on the endangered species list.

Agree with this.

I despise hunting for sport or pleasure, there is no need for it and it should be illegal everywhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

That sums it up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@thegerg said:

How can one be arrested for doing something that is not a crime?

He did say "if you ask me", meaning it's his opinion, which doesn't mean that there aren't laws that say differently.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@thegerg said:

@bforrester420 said:

Because killing an animal on the endangered species list is a crime. At least in the country we reside. Hunting, in general, is not a crime. I could have added that hunting an animal out of season is also a crime, but that's getting too specific to a general question.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@korvus said:

@thegerg said:

He did say "if you ask me", meaning it's his opinion, which doesn't mean that there aren't laws that say differently.

Hunting certainly is, in may cases, a crime. He can say that the sky, if you ask him, is green. That doesn't mean that he's right. It's kind of silly to give an answer that you know to be wrong if you're asked.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@thegerg said:

@korvus said:

@thegerg said:

Hunting certainly is, in may cases, a crime. He can say that the sky, if you ask him, is green. That doesn't mean that he's right. It's kind of silly to give an answer that you know to be wrong if you're asked.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

Depends on the animal, time of year, place they're hunting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@thegerg said:

@korvus said:

@thegerg said:

This is one of the few times I disagree with you. Yes, I believe hunting endangered species is stupid and uncalled for, since it serves no real purpose but that doesn't mean everyone cares about endangered animals and therefore considers it a crime. It's a matter of opinion and morals, not a fact. It is fact that it is considered crime, but whether it should or not is an opinion. Plus, the color of the sky is nor here nor there as a comparison.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#19 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

If hunting is so fun, they should offer themselves to be the hunted now and then. That'd even things out in my book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@thegerg: Ok, let me make this simple for you. With "Neither sport nor crime if you ask me." he meant "Some people consider it sports, I don't. Some places consider it crime, I wouldn't." Seriously Greg, I have no idea why you keep trying to look less intelligent than I know you are. It doesn't look good on you...you normally have good arguments, but when you get stuck into "100% literal reading, no room for interpretation" you go from being one of the best people to argument in these forums to one of the most obnoxious.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

Hunting is a sport but can be turned criminal if the laws of hunting aren't followed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@SolidSnake35 said:

If hunting is so fun, they should offer themselves to be the hunted now and then. That'd even things out in my book.

I'd watch it =P

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@korvus: you normally have good arguments, but when you get stuck into "100% literal reading, no room for interpretation" you go from being one of the best people to argument in these forums to one of the most obnoxious.

I think you give the man too much credit. His arguments are always 100% literal interpretation. I've never seen the guy argue any other way.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 indzman

@lostrib said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

Killing a Lion or Tiger is a crime ya ? They endangered species but they kill and hunt humans when neccessary, what laws say on that ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@thegerg said:

@korvus said:

@thegerg: Ok, let me make this simple for you. With "Neither sport nor crime if you ask me." he meant "Some people consider it sports, I don't. Some places consider it crime, I wouldn't." Seriously Greg, I have no idea why you keep trying to look less intelligent than I know you are. It doesn't look good on you...you normally have good arguments, but when you get stuck into "100% literal reading, no room for interpretation" you go from being one of the best people to argument in these forums to one of the most obnoxious.

The issue is that the act of hunting involves so many variables that a simple "yes" or "no" type answer to OP's question, or a simple "yes" or "no" opinion on the matter, really isn't sufficient as it can't address the totality of the question. The fact that he recognizes that hunting is, in may cases, a crime shows us that. I'm just saying that he is contradicting himself in his answer.

Ok, now I understand what you're trying to say, although I think we read his answer differently. I took it as meaning "it is a crime, but I don't agree it should be", which it would be his opinion; a lot of people don't agree with certain laws =)

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Generally, hunting endangered species shouldn't be allowed unless it is necessary for a person's survival (or of course if they have to defend themselves). Hunting for food is something that people have done for millennia, nothing wrong with that, though nowadays most of us, at least those in developed countries, do not need to hunt. Also a big purpose of modern hunting in the U.S. is too keep the population of certain animals under control, for instance deer (which kill more people than any other animal in the U.S. because they run out in front of cars).

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jasean79

@indzman said:

@lostrib said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

Killing a Lion or Tiger is a crime ya ? They endangered species but they kill and hunt humans when neccessary, what laws say on that ?

Wow, really?

Those animals act on instinct and surely don't do it for "fun". And when was the last time you saw a tiger in full camouflage hanging out in a tree with a scoped rifle waiting for humans to show themselves so it can take the killshot?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@lostrib said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

"Killing a Lion or Tiger is a crime ya ?"

It depends.

I really get confused with your vauge answers , no offense. Please explain in detail when you explain something . What depends ???

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By indzman

@jasean79 said:

@indzman said:

@lostrib said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

Wow, really?

Those animals act on instinct and surely don't do it for "fun". And when was the last time you saw a tiger in full camouflage hanging out in a tree with a scoped rifle waiting for humans to show themselves so it can take the killshot?

If a lion or tiger becomes injured , they become manhunters (target humans). If you kill a manhunter , would you be punished ?

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

HUNT FOOD = GOOD

HUNT SPORT = BAD

THREAD STOOPID

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jasean79

@indzman said:

@jasean79 said:

@indzman said:

@lostrib said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

Wow, really?

If a lion or tiger becomes injured , they become manhunters (target humans). If you kill a manhunter , would you be punished ?

That's different. If the animal is provoked it will attack (in most cases). If it's an endangered species, and someone is responsible for provoking it, then yes it is still a crime on the human, not the animal. In rare cases when the animal just goes nuts and attacks at random, then no, the person is not at fault for killing it.

Like in the US...if a bear attacks someone, rangers will put it down regardless.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 indzman

@jasean79 said:

@indzman said:

@jasean79 said:

@indzman said:

@lostrib said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

Wow, really?

That's different. If the animal is provoked it will attack (in most cases). If it's an endangered species, and someone is responsible for provoking it, then yes it is still a crime on the human, not the animal. In rare cases when the animal just goes nuts and attacks at random, then no, the person is not at fault for killing it.

Like in the US...if a bear attacks someone, rangers will put it down regardless.

Yep, thats what i was asking . Even if a endangered species attacks humans and humans kill it , its no crime then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@thegerg said:

I see. If that's the case then I think he should look closer at the reasons behind the laws in place to outlaw certain hunting practices. Sometimes hunting can be detrimental to the sustenance of healthy animal populations, and it only makes sense to have measures in place to prevent hunting.

Agreed =)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It's a crime if what is being hunted is hunted out of season and without the proper paperwork/licenses.

The crime is poaching.

Hunting is both a sport and a source of food for many people. It's also one of the oldest modes of living.

@indzman said:

Only if you don't get a license to hunt one.

And they do give them out.

High-Res

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 High-Res
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

I don't like sharks!

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@indzman: "Isn't hunting animals considered sports ? Kill for food ? Or is it crime nowadays ? Can one be arrested on hunting animals like deer or birds"

I don't think hunting is a sport, but more of a hobby, I might be wrong.

I certainly don't agree with hunting a wild animal just for a trophy or a photo with your catch.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

If you're going to eat the animal and if its not an endangered species then call it whatever you want I don't care as it would be fine with me in all situations and circumstances. With that said, if you hunt animals just to pose next to their dead bodies then you're a fuckturd.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

As long as it's not endangered/protected and you eat it, then I don't have any problem with it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

it's food

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jasean79

@xeno_ghost said:

I don't think hunting is a sport, but more of a hobby, I might be wrong.

It's hard to call hunting a "sport" when the competition's only defense is to FLEE!

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

@jasean79:

Yeah, that would be some messed up role-play :S

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#48 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

It depends.

???

Their are examples in which a non native species (on land or in water) has been introduced and it has fucked things up with the new species dominating the habitat. It makes logical sense to kill off as many as possible.

Likewise here in Scotland, we use to have Wolves. But, we killed them off a long time ago. These predators would ordinarily help keep populations in check, so creatures like deer have no cap.

You just get things like Hares as well that rapidily breed. Much of the time when I take my doggy a walk I see a man walking round with a beam flashlight and a dog. This is to startle the hare so the dog can rip the little fuckers throat out.

Which then consequently leads to a nice stew.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Sword-Demon said:

As long as it's not endangered/protected and you eat it, then I don't have any problem with it.

I've always found it weird how people somehow treat hunting as okay as long as the animal is eaten. The way it's typically presented, the argument for eating the animal revolves around killing it out of necessity. But that's sort of an outdated concept. In a world in which so many people have an overabundance of food (to the point where we have an obesity epidemic), I don't think it any longer necessarily follows that killing an animal and eating it is necessary. What if you're obese and already eat too much meat? Furthermore, if you're rich enough to travel halfway around the world in order to go on safari, then chances are that you're well-fed and can afford to switch over to a vegetarian diet.You can kill an animal and then eat it afterwards, but isn't that still just as much of an unnecessary death as if someone had shot that same animal and then just collected the head as a trophy?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

For some strange reason I thought you was going to ask about GTAV hunting animals lol.