Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@Sword-Demon said:

As long as it's not endangered/protected and you eat it, then I don't have any problem with it.

I've always found it weird how people somehow treat hunting as okay as long as the animal is eaten. The way it's typically presented, the argument for eating the animal revolves around killing it out of necessity. But that's sort of an outdated concept. In a world in which so many people have an overabundance of food (to the point where we have an obesity epidemic), I don't think it any longer necessarily follows that killing an animal and eating it is necessary. What if you're obese and already eat too much meat? Furthermore, if you're rich enough to travel halfway around the world in order to go on safari, then chances are that you're well-fed and can afford to switch over to a vegetarian diet.You can kill an animal and then eat it afterwards, but isn't that still just as much of an unnecessary death as if someone had shot that same animal and then just collected the head as a trophy?

That's why I stick to chicken, beef, and fish. I don't see the need to hunt and kill anything else "for food"...unless you're a Jeremiah Johnson type that lives out in the wilderness away from society where access to "normal" food is not possible.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@jasean79: "It's hard to call hunting a "sport" when the competition's only defense is to FLEE"

Indeed

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't hunt. But, I go fishing or crabbing whenever I'm at the West Coast. Whatever fish/seafood we catch we cook and eat.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Hunting is a crime if you are hunting out of season. Withing season however there is certainly nothing wrong with hunting. At least humans have the decency to kill and animal before we gnaw on it's flesh.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@thegerg said:

@bforrester420 said:

@thegerg said:

@bforrester420 said:

Neither sport nor crime if you ask me.

You can be arrested, in some countries, for killing an animal on the endangered species list.

How can one be arrested for doing something that is not a crime?

Because killing an animal on the endangered species list is a crime. At least in the country we reside. Hunting, in general, is not a crime. I could have added that hunting an animal out of season is also a crime, but that's getting too specific to a general question.

"Because killing an animal on the endangered species list is a crime."

It certainly can be, and I'm simply pointing out that that conflicts with your statement that hunting is "[n]either sport nor crime if you ask me." You made a broad statement that just doesn't hold true in many cases. That's all I'm saying.

You're mincing words. Hunting, in and of itself within the confines of hunting laws, is not a crime. Killing an endangered animal, whether hunting or even accidentally, is a crime. I said nothing about hunting endangered animals.

I'm sorry if I wasn't painfully specific with my original post. You seen to be the only poster in this thread that had trouble understanding it in its original context.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

.. It depends.. Poaching and hunting endangered species is a crime... Hunting also is a important tool to ensuring certain animal populations do not get out of hand within the region.. I personally don't care to ever go hunting in less it is for sustenance, but I have nothing against it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

Killing an endangered animal, whether hunting or even accidentally, is a crime.

Unless you buy a permit to hunt it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/10566507/Permit-to-hunt-endangered-African-black-rhino-sells-for-350000.html

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

If people hunt just for fun, the only hunting they should do is in Duck Hunt and Cabela games.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@Sword-Demon said:

As long as it's not endangered/protected and you eat it, then I don't have any problem with it.

I've always found it weird how people somehow treat hunting as okay as long as the animal is eaten. The way it's typically presented, the argument for eating the animal revolves around killing it out of necessity. But that's sort of an outdated concept. In a world in which so many people have an overabundance of food (to the point where we have an obesity epidemic), I don't think it any longer necessarily follows that killing an animal and eating it is necessary. What if you're obese and already eat too much meat? Furthermore, if you're rich enough to travel halfway around the world in order to go on safari, then chances are that you're well-fed and can afford to switch over to a vegetarian diet.You can kill an animal and then eat it afterwards, but isn't that still just as much of an unnecessary death as if someone had shot that same animal and then just collected the head as a trophy?

It's not about necessity, it's more about giving purpose to the kill.

Looking at the food industry, you can point out any individual chicken, pig, or cow that was slaughtered and say "That death was unnecessary. Surely, no one would have starved if they spared this animal's life." The food industry bases how many animals it kills on how much people will buy, i.e., how many animals will be eaten. The eating of the animal is the purpose of the kill. Is it unnecessary? You could certainly argue that, but as long as the kill has purpose, I don't really see an ideological difference between hunting and a slaughterhouse.

Food is food, whether you buy it in a store or kill it yourself; so if people take joy/sport in killing their own food, more power to them.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Well there is licensed hunting which is supposed to be closely monitored or controlled to ensure population control. Though, I don't really see the sport in hunting, I've watched some of those hunting shows and there's nothing to be proud about in some of those kills, so I don't really see the sport in taking trophies of something that wasn't more effort than a long hike. If you wanted to be sporting about it, go hunting with nothing more than a knife and a bow and arrow, and hunt something that has a good chance to fight back; that's sport.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Hunting should always be for food...and even then should only be done with a bow.

Hunting deer with a high powered rifle, for example, isn't hunting.....it's waiting and then shooting at a stationary target.

Not really something to boast about.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm lol'ing at people who think deer hunting involves nothing else than a hike and shooting at a stationary target.

Because they sell all that camoflague and scent maskers for fashion reasons.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

As long as you're eating the animal, then its okay. If your hunting just to stuff the animal and put it on your wall, its not okay.

What's also not okay is the fact that people bitch about killing animals, but then go to the grocery store and pick up a steak. The shit must just appear from the sky.

And to sidebar with that, the process in which meat goes from the animal to the grocery store is much, much less humane.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#66 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Hunting for sport is something I don't support, whether or not it could be seen as a crime. Hunting for food or self-defense, I'm okay with. You should just have a good reason to hunt.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@MrGeezer said:

@Sword-Demon said:

That's why I stick to chicken, beef, and fish. I don't see the need to hunt and kill anything else "for food"...unless you're a Jeremiah Johnson type that lives out in the wilderness away from society where access to "normal" food is not possible.

Even then, that doesn't really address the ethics of killing a living animal. Sure, if it's farmed then it's not longer "in the environment" and you're no longer screwing up the ecosystem (assuming that we ignore all the ways that farming pollutes the environment). But that's still killing a living thing for the purpose of pleasure. I ate a steak today. One can argue that I need to eat meat, but I already eat too much meat. Let's not delude ourselves here: I didn't eat it in order to survive, I ate it for enjoyment. The fact that it was eaten doesn't make it stop being an unnecessary death, and the fact that the animal was farmed instead of wild-caught doesn't necessarily make it any better either.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MrGeezer

@Sword-Demon said:

@MrGeezer said:

@Sword-Demon said:

Looking at the food industry, you can point out any individual chicken, pig, or cow that was slaughtered and say "That death was unnecessary. Surely, no one would have starved if they spared this animal's life." The food industry bases how many animals it kills on how much people will buy, i.e., how many animals will be eaten. The eating of the animal is the purpose of the kill. Is it unnecessary? You could certainly argue that, but as long as the kill has purpose, I don't really see an ideological difference between hunting and a slaughterhouse.

Food is food, whether you buy it in a store or kill it yourself; so if people take joy/sport in killing their own food, more power to them.

That's a non-argument. ANY deliberate kill clearly has a purpose, otherwise the hunter wouldn't have gone out of his way to kill the animal. Now, i agree that illegal hunting of animals (particularly endangered species) is in a class of its own since we want to conserve the population (maybe so that we can keep killing it). So I'm not gonna talk about killing rhinos for their horns.

But shit, in a lot of places, deer are FAR from endangered. In many places, hunting permits are issued just to thin out the population so that the deer don't screw up the environment. If I legally obtain a hunting permit and legally kill a deer and then stuff it as a trophy and throw away the meat, that is a purpose. The deer was killed for a purpose, and that purpose was so that I could decorate my home with a sweet-ass trophy.

It's not about the killing being done for a purpose. The argument for "it's only okay if you eat it" is stating that the purpose doesn't make it okay UNLESS that purpose happens to be for food. And I'm asking why that is. There are all sorts of purposes that a dead animal might serve, but somehow "I wanted to eat it" is the only one that almost unanimously gets approval. Why does that purpose get the okay when it's so often just as much "killing for pleasure" as if if you had mounted the animal's head on a wall or simply killed it for the thrill of the hunt?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By plageus900

@MrGeezer:

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MrGeezer

@plageus900 said:

As long as you're eating the animal, then its okay. If your hunting just to stuff the animal and put it on your wall, its not okay.

Why is that? Can you explain why eating the animal makes it okay to hunt it? Can you explain why hunting for purposes other than food is not okay?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@plageus900 said:

I used to think this but then I realized it makes no difference to me because the animal carcass will get used either way, whether it be from the nutrients going into the ground as fertilizer or eaten by scavengers. I think it's much more important that if you hunt an animal it should be a quick kill so the thing is dead before it hits the ground.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@jasean79 said:

@MrGeezer said:

@Sword-Demon said:

Even then, that doesn't really address the ethics of killing a living animal. Sure, if it's farmed then it's not longer "in the environment" and you're no longer screwing up the ecosystem (assuming that we ignore all the ways that farming pollutes the environment). But that's still killing a living thing for the purpose of pleasure. I ate a steak today. One can argue that I need to eat meat, but I already eat too much meat. Let's not delude ourselves here: I didn't eat it in order to survive, I ate it for enjoyment. The fact that it was eaten doesn't make it stop being an unnecessary death, and the fact that the animal was farmed instead of wild-caught doesn't necessarily make it any better either.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, however the "farm raised" animals are specifically bred for the purpose of human consumption. So, how is that wrong, exactly? While steak may be a luxury to some, other parts of the cow are not. Red meat contains a lot of nutrients and proteins not found in other foods and since we are omnivorous by nature, I don't see how consuming it on a weekly basis is such a bad thing.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I don't understand why people wouldn't ok ok with hunting. It's pretty controlled here in US you buy a license. You are only allowed at certain times with certain weapons and can only tag a set amount. I don't know anyone who hunts that doesn't get the meat processed. Sure they may also use the head and or antlers as a trophy but that's only part of it. We are ok with eating animals that are forced to eat food to fatten them and take hormones and packed into cages or fenced areas.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

Neither sport nor crime if you ask me.

Hunting for pleasure, in my opinion, is disgusting. There's something wrong with a modern human that takes pleasure in killing something for reasons other than self-defense...I can even understand but not condone revenge. Hunting for sustenance is okay.

You can be arrested, in some countries, for killing an animal on the endangered species list.

Well to be a crime it has to be defined as such. Crime is specific. I think you are arguing more along a morality here though I agree in principle to what you are trying to say.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Sword-Demon

@MrGeezer said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@MrGeezer said:

@Sword-Demon said:

That's a non-argument. ANY deliberate kill clearly has a purpose, otherwise the hunter wouldn't have gone out of his way to kill the animal. Now, i agree that illegal hunting of animals (particularly endangered species) is in a class of its own since we want to conserve the population (maybe so that we can keep killing it). So I'm not gonna talk about killing rhinos for their horns.

But shit, in a lot of places, deer are FAR from endangered. In many places, hunting permits are issued just to thin out the population so that the deer don't screw up the environment. If I legally obtain a hunting permit and legally kill a deer and then stuff it as a trophy and throw away the meat, that is a purpose. The deer was killed for a purpose, and that purpose was so that I could decorate my home with a sweet-ass trophy.

It's not about the killing being done for a purpose. The argument for "it's only okay if you eat it" is stating that the purpose doesn't make it okay UNLESS that purpose happens to be for food. And I'm asking why that is. There are all sorts of purposes that a dead animal might serve, but somehow "I wanted to eat it" is the only one that almost unanimously gets approval. Why does that purpose get the okay when it's so often just as much "killing for pleasure" as if if you had mounted the animal's head on a wall or simply killed it for the thrill of the hunt?

Killing purely for the thrill or for a trophy is senseless imo. Shooting an animal just for the sake of saying "hey look, I killed that,"is meaningless, nothing of value is gained.

I see no reason to support what I consider to be senseless killing.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

I saw that Spielberg dude killing the last known dinosaur. Fucker.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MrGeezer

@Sword-Demon said:

@MrGeezer said:

Killing purely for the thrill or for a trophy is senseless imo. Shooting an animal just for the sake of saying "hey look, I killed that,"is meaningless, nothing of value is gained.

Something may indeed have been gained. Some people gain a trophy head, some people gain a sense of satisfaction. What you're really saying here is that what has been gained doesn't justify the death of the animal.

Which again brings us to food. In many cases, what has been gained is entirely unnecessary and is purely for satisfaction. I like venison, I like rabbit meat, in much the same way that I like having a trophy head hanging on my wall. An animal has still died for my enjoyment, not out of necessity. So, what is it about the act of eating that makes it okay to kill an animal purely for pleasure? How is that a valid reason to unnecessarily kill an animal?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#79 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I hunt, but I only use my bare hands and my teeth. So far, I have not caught any big game, but I'm optimistic about the future.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 plageus900

@Aljosa23 said:

@plageus900 said:

I used to think this but then I realized it makes no difference to me because the animal carcass will get used either way, whether it be from the nutrients going into the ground as fertilizer or eaten by scavengers. I think it's much more important that if you hunt an animal it should be a quick kill so the thing is dead before it hits the ground.

That's interesting. I've never really thought about it that way. I also very much agree with your last sentence.

CallySmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 CallySmith
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Not a crime, but I think it should be as it's disgusting and cruel to animals. Taking a "selfie" of it is despicable to be honest and she deserved to lose her opportunity.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with hunting. It's pretty much the only way to control the populations of certain animals without having to spend obscene amounts of money.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Sword-Demon

@MrGeezer said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@MrGeezer said:

Something may indeed have been gained. Some people gain a trophy head, some people gain a sense of satisfaction. What you're really saying here is that what has been gained doesn't justify the death of the animal.

Which again brings us to food. In many cases, what has been gained is entirely unnecessary and is purely for satisfaction. I like venison, I like rabbit meat, in much the same way that I like having a trophy head hanging on my wall. An animal has still died for my enjoyment, not out of necessity. So, what is it about the act of eating that makes it okay to kill an animal purely for pleasure? How is that a valid reason to unnecessarily kill an animal?

ehh, quit making me think about it!

Like I said before, you can look at any individual animal that was killed and call it an unnecessary death, but with each of those individual deaths, we have a great sum of food that we're all alive because of. Hunting is a part of that sum; if all of the people who hunt food were to stop, they'd have to buy chicken, cow, pig, etc. and there would be more of those animals killed. Animals die so we can survive; to spare one is to kill another, that's the nature of life.

Killing for trophies and pleasure without eating it, on the other hand, is truly unnecessary as the food they kill is wasted while they eat the animals that were killed for them - causing two deaths where only one was necessary.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MrGeezer

@Sword-Demon said:

ehh, quit making me think about it!

Like I said before, you can look at any individual animal that was killed and call it an unnecessary death, but with each of those individual deaths, we have a great sum of food that we're all alive because of. Hunting is a part of that sum; if all of the people who hunt food were to stop, they'd have to buy chicken, cow, pig, etc. and there would be more of those animals killed. Animals die so we can survive; to spare one is to kill another, that's the nature of life.

Killing for trophies and pleasure without eating it, on the other hand, is truly unnecessary as the food they kill is wasted while they eat the animals that were killed for them - causing two deaths where only one was necessary.

But couldn't you make the same claim about ANYONE who "caused two deaths where only one was necessary"? Wouldn't this also apply to people who don't hunt and simply eat twice as much meat as they need?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mr_Huggles_dog

@thegerg said:

@mr_huggles_dog: Why does the tool used to harvest matter?

B/c it presents more of a challenge.

Then one guy argued that there are scents and camo sold and theres more to it than sitting in a tree.....he just made my point more clear.

Now you don't even have to worry about being down wind...just throw some deer crap scent on you and no deer will smell you.....don't worry about being seen.....thats what camo is for.

He literally made it clear that you worry about little to nothing when you're hunting in todays world. Go sit in a tree and wait.

At least with a bow you have to "try".....as it is with a gun....it's falsifying this sense of accomplishment some dudes have when hunting.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

I'm okay with hunting. I think it's pretty entertaining.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

I think that enjoying killing a non-human animal is a sign of psychopathy. But then again people should be more concerned about how the food industry is treating the animals we eat daily than with individual hunters. Although hunting endangered animals from a helicopter is and arrogant and cowardly act.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mr_Huggles_dog

@thegerg said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

B/c it presents more of a challenge.

Then one guy argued that there are scents and camo sold and theres more to it than sitting in a tree.....he just made my point more clear.

Now you don't even have to worry about being down wind...just throw some deer crap scent on you and no deer will smell you.....don't worry about being seen.....thats what camo is for.

He literally made it clear that you worry about little to nothing when you're hunting in todays world. Go sit in a tree and wait.

At least with a bow you have to "try".....as it is with a gun....it's falsifying this sense of accomplishment some dudes have when hunting.

I take it, then, that you don't buy any meat at the grocery store or at restaurants? That's far less challenging than hunting with a rifle. Those animals are raised on a farm and their harvest is extremely easy.

Thats the dumbest comparison I've seen in a while.

If I go buy meat from the grocery....I'm obviously not hunting. If I go hunting...then I'm obviously hunting.

I can't believe you actually expect me to respect that statement.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#92  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@indzman said:

On FIFA WC 2014 a belgian fan by name of Axelle Despiegelaere lost Loreal modelling contract for a hunting pic on her facebook profile.

Isn't hunting animals considered sports ? Kill for food ? Or is it crime nowadays ? Can one be arrested on hunting animals like deer or birds ?

Hunting rare/endangered animals for nothing but your own enjoyment is sick and should be outlawed and banned for good.

Hunting animals like this belgian blond for sports is sick and shows a lack of moral strength. But as long as its not rare/endangered, it would be to great a attack on personal liberties.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@thegerg said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Thats the dumbest comparison I've seen in a while.

If I go buy meat from the grocery....I'm obviously not hunting. If I go hunting...then I'm obviously hunting.

I can't believe you actually expect me to respect that statement.

You made a statement about how obtaining meat should be challenging. Why is it OK for your method to be easier than the method that you say is too easy?

Ok dude....you keep spinning this conversation. I'll just take the stance that this is the level of intelligence of conversations that go on here. I'll just be a prick from now on if I'm going to treated like I'm stupid.

THE TOPIC WAS TE SPORT OF HUNTING.

BUYING GROCERIES IS NOT CONSIDERED A SPORT.

And considering how lame it is to sit in a tree with no worries about wind, sound, or anything else and shoot a deer standing still with a high powered rifle....yeah....hunting shouldn't be considered a sport either.

Sport requires competition and challenge....there is none in hunting like that ^.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

I think it's ridiculous she got fired. The strange part is those stuck up people don't even realize that hunters care for, and love nature, more than any other type of person.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

My vote is neither. I don't have a problem with it but don't call it a sport.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Mr_Huggles_dog

@thegerg said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Ok dude....you keep spinning this conversation. I'll just take the stance that this is the level of intelligence of conversations that go on here. I'll just be a prick from now on if I'm going to treated like I'm stupid.

THE TOPIC WAS TE SPORT OF HUNTING.

BUYING GROCERIES IS NOT CONSIDERED A SPORT.

And considering how lame it is to sit in a tree with no worries about wind, sound, or anything else and shoot a deer standing still with a high powered rifle....yeah....hunting shouldn't be considered a sport either.

Sport requires competition and challenge....there is none in hunting like that ^.

"BUYING GROCERIES IS NOT CONSIDERED A SPORT."

Neither is me hunting for my food. Why should one have to be more challenging than the other?

No one is treating you like you are stupid. You just posted a claim about how one method of harvesting food should be more challenging than another without any logical support.

I live in Alabama...it's considered a sport.

YOU might not consider it a sport....but unless you are starving you DO NOT need to kill for food. You might WANT to kill a deer for it's meat...therefore since it's not a necessity it's a sport.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Mr_Huggles_dog

@thegerg said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I live in Alabama...it's considered a sport.

YOU might not consider it a sport....but unless you are starving you DO NOT need to kill for food. You might WANT to kill a deer for it's meat...therefore since it's not a necessity it's a sport.

"I live in Alabama...it's considered a sport."

I guess the education system in Alabama is as bad as the stereotypes say. Look up the definition of the word "sport." Me harvesting food does not fit that definition. Anyway, we're talking about the challenge of a harvest, not about sports.

"unless you are starving you DO NOT need to kill for food."

Even if I am starving I do not need to kill for food, just as you do not need to buy meat. What does that have to do with the conversation? Anyway, we're talking about the challenge of a harvest, not about starvation and my needs.

"You might WANT to kill a deer for it's meat...therefore since it's not a necessity it's a sport."

It's not a necessity that you buy meat from a grocery store. Does that mean that buying meat is also a sport? Anyway, we're talking about the challenge of a harvest, not about the necessity of the harvest.

Thus far you have posted nothing that shows us why using a rifle to hunt is not challenging enough.

Just b/c you're ignorant and trollish don't lump an "us" in there.

I'm not talking to anyone but YOU. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. There are enough ppl that think you guys are complete idiots for essentially: put on smell masker > walk to tree > climb tree > wait for deer > shoot stationary deer > make a huge deal about it as if you're Dirty Harry.

And just to shut your ignorant mouth up....wherever you're from needs to get out of the 60's and join the rest of us in 2014....we have better schools here than in LA. My fiance moved here b/c the graduation rate there is crap.

Here ya go: http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/alabama/districts/vestavia-hills-city/vestavia-hills-high-school-358/test-scores

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/alabama/districts/mountain-brook-city/mountain-brook-high-school-289/test-scores

Thats just 2 school around my area.

I bet you anything you wouldn't even have the balls to tell me where you live....it's easy for anyone to say something negative about any place do to any stereotype or personal experience....and you want to keep your image as a perfect little troll.

Whatever.