Is deer hunting fun?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

no-scoped_jfk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 no-scoped_jfk
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts
I would like to try it sometime, tell me your experience.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
I really don't find killing harmless animals for sport..."fun"
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I went deer hunting once. The only thing I bagged was a vice president, though. :(
tomxizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 tomxizor
Member since 2004 • 11767 Posts
If you call sitting, waiting, and smelling like deer piss fun. :)
tomxizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tomxizor
Member since 2004 • 11767 Posts

I went deer hunting once. The only thing I bagged was a vice president, though. :(JustPlainLucas

What goes around, comes around! Yee-hoo! :P

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

Yes, but reindeer hunting with an 18 wheeler looks more fun. Case and point:

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts
You have a sick mind topic starter.
no-scoped_jfk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 no-scoped_jfk
You have a sick mind topic starter.dj_pulserfan
Me, a sick mind, you americans started every war we know, take a look at all the dead bodies with american bullets in them...
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 skullkrusher13

[QUOTE="dj_pulserfan"]You have a sick mind topic starter.no-scoped_jfk
Me, a sick mind, you americans started every war we know, take a look at all the dead bodies with american bullets in them...

first of all, the guy was being sarcastic.

Second of all, what? I'm not exactly a professor of history, but what did you just say???!??!!?

sca321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sca321
Member since 2003 • 1903 Posts

[QUOTE="no-scoped_jfk"][QUOTE="dj_pulserfan"]You have a sick mind topic starter.skullkrusher13

Second of all, what? I'm not exactly a professor of history, but what did you just say???!??!!?

He said that prior to 1776 the were no wars and everyone lived in peace and unicorns roamed the earth. But then we had to come along and **** it all up. I thought this was common knowledge.
no-scoped_jfk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 no-scoped_jfk

[QUOTE="no-scoped_jfk"][QUOTE="dj_pulserfan"]You have a sick mind topic starter.skullkrusher13

That george bush should have retired long ago

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skullkrusher13
[QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

[QUOTE="no-scoped_jfk"][QUOTE="dj_pulserfan"]You have a sick mind topic starter.sca321

He said that prior to 1776 the were no wars and everyone lived in peace and unicorns roamed the earth. But then we had to come along and **** it all up. I thought this was common knowledge.

it all makes sense now. The meaning of life is to play cosmic bowling with elephants.

Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts

I would like to try it sometime, tell me your experience.no-scoped_jfk

Well I'll give you a scenario.

You shoot a deer in its front hip and injure it.

Now you must track the "kill" becasue it has limped off. (i'm doubting that you'd get a heart or vital organs hit as a hunting newb)

Once you've tracked it you must now finish it off.

You have to look at it in its scared eyes and finish it by plugging a bullet in its heart.

After sever paniced breaths the deer will be dead and you will imeadialy have to remove its organs... organs taht are still moving inside its chest cavity.

The smell will be nausiating and you will have to reach up inside its throat ro remove the wind pipe. Then you must move down the anal cavity and cut its anus out.

Once that is complete you can leave the organs for the crows.

Take your kill back to its destination and hang it from a tall tree limb and proceed to peel its flesh off. Don't wase the flash donate it to a company that will use it for their products (try not to waste anything... after all it DID die for you).

Once the flesh is removed you can quarter the meat, freeze what you plan to use later, and cook up what you want now.

Be careful to remove bone fragments and bullet fragments.

If that process is something that you don't think you would mind doing then go for it.

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#14 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts

I figured I'd just shoot the deer once and then he'd lie down and I'd become a man.

DID SOMEONE LIE TO ME?!!!!!!??!?!

tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tequilasunriser

I figured I'd just shoot the deer once and then he'd lie down and I'd become a man.

Robbie_IV

Robbie... Take a knee. I've got something to tell you... :(...

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Robbie_IV
[QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]

tequilasunriser

What? Is it about the magic island that deer go to after they get shot? Is that what it's about? Is it?

tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tequilasunriser
[QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]

Robbie_IV

What? Is it about the magic island that deer go to after they get shot? Is that what it's about? Is it?

....ye...yeah...Yeah! Your so smart Robbie, I was just going to remark about the island and how happy that deer is.

waltw_84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waltw_84
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts
I live in North Carolina and I went hunting with my dad from the time I was about 5 or 6. I never got that crazy about it, but a lot of people love it and it can be enjoyable. There's what's called "still hunting" and "dog hunting". Still hunting, you sit and wait for the deer, dog hunting you run trained dogs to chase it out of the woods. Still hunting can be boring, because you just sit for a long time, but some people do that for relaxation. When you see that big buck though, it can be very exciting. And yes, if you don't hit the deer in a vital area it will run off and you'll have to track the blood to hopefully find it.
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Robbie_IV
[QUOTE="Robbie_IV"][QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]

tequilasunriser

....ye...yeah...Yeah! Your so smart Robbie, I was just going to remark about the island and how happy that deer is.

Awesome! Then I can be a real man after all, and I won't have to.... wait, why did you hesitate? WHY?! I'll never be a real man! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm going to change my name to "Shiela."

tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tequilasunriser
[QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"][QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]

Robbie_IV

Awesome! Then I can be a real man after all, and I won't have to.... wait, why did you hesitate? WHY?! I'll never be a real man! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

NO! Im telling the truth! I can even show you Shie.. er.. Robbie. *walks slowly to Robbie's face with a large pillow*

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Robbie_IV
[QUOTE="Robbie_IV"][QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"][QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]

tequilasunriser

NO! Im telling the truth! I can even show you Shie.. er.. Robbie. *walks slowly to Robbie's face with a large pillow*

Silence! There is no Robbie! There is only Sheila! Now I'm off to the town where I grew up to stalk several people who abused me in my youth but have grown up to bebeloved modelcitizens who also hang outwith one nerdy kid andone stoner!

Avatar image for deactivated-614fa247a87ab
deactivated-614fa247a87ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-614fa247a87ab
Member since 2003 • 1858 Posts
[QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"][QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"][QUOTE="tequilasunriser"][QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]

Robbie_IV

Silence! There is no Robbie! There is only Sheila! Now I'm off to the town where I grew up to stalk several people who abused me in my youth but have grown up to bebeloved modelcitizens who also hang outwith one nerdy kid andone stoner!

WTF??? I never realized how many fellow OT users eat mushrooms before they go to bed.