Is Baptism required to get into Heaven? (Mainly for Religious people)

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamezilla57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 Gamezilla57
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

Is Baptism needed to get into Heaven? I have never been baptized so I do not know what to think.

Some say Baptism is needed to be accepted by Jesus and get into Heaven. Some say Baptism is pointless and just believing and having faith in Jesus will get you into heaven.

I have never been baptized so I am really confused. Some say its needed for heaven, some says its not.

Whats the real story about this?

qwerty2305

No, baptism is a sign to indicate that you are a saved Christian. Jesus said "No man can come unto the Father except through me.".
TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts
[QUOTE="qwerty2305"]

Is Baptism needed to get into Heaven? I have never been baptized so I do not know what to think.

Some say Baptism is needed to be accepted by Jesus and get into Heaven. Some say Baptism is pointless and just believing and having faith in Jesus will get you into heaven.

I have never been baptized so I am really confused. Some say its needed for heaven, some says its not.

Berserker_2

"As regards to children who have died without Baptism, the Church can only entrust them to the mercy of God." (1261)

Why do we serve a God who is this merciless?

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#53 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="delol"]Catholic church state that baptism is essential to open the heaven gates otherwise you go to the limboflclisfun
They have revoked that statement and now they say that by living as God wants you to, even if you aren't religous or don't believe in God, indirectly baptizes you, allowing you to go heaven:)

That doesn't sound like the Catholic Church. I'd think they'd make believing in their god top priority on their list of "How To Get Into Our Heaven".

They've changes a lot since the middle ages. They are always thought of as the uber strict Christian but in reality they aren't. The pope himself believes in evolution...

But still, it seems like they'd want people to believe in whatever the hell they're preaching. And I'd think the Pope would believe in stuff that doesn't supposedly jeaprodize the existence of a higher deity.
flclisfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 flclisfun
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts
[QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="delol"]Catholic church state that baptism is essential to open the heaven gates otherwise you go to the limbobastards12345
They have revoked that statement and now they say that by living as God wants you to, even if you aren't religous or don't believe in God, indirectly baptizes you, allowing you to go heaven:)

That doesn't sound like the Catholic Church. I'd think they'd make believing in their god top priority on their list of "How To Get Into Our Heaven".

They've changes a lot since the middle ages. They are always thought of as the uber strict Christian but in reality they aren't. The pope himself believes in evolution...

The pope also believes that Africa should not be allowed to have condoms.

I never heard that.
flclisfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 flclisfun
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts
[QUOTE="qwerty2305"]

Gamezilla57

No, baptism is a sign to indicate that you are a saved Christian. Jesus said "No man can come unto the Father except through me.".

Isn't living as Jesus would have wanted (loving others) more becoming of Jesus than having some water sprinkled on your head and saying you follow Jesus Christ? You can make that quote mean whatever you want it to mean.

mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts
In my opinion....no...since I'm not catholic, but muslim.

I have a question though:
1.Do you have to be baptised when you're young?
2.If you do, what if the parents don't do it and you go to hell, while you did nothing wrong? I mean.....it's not your fault and you still get to go to the big fireball.
mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts
[QUOTE="bastards12345"][QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="delol"]Catholic church state that baptism is essential to open the heaven gates otherwise you go to the limboflclisfun

I never heard that.

Yeah, he said that....

[QUOTE="TheManOfChoice"][QUOTE="Berserker_2"][QUOTE="qwerty2305"]

"As regards to children who have died without Baptism, the Church can only entrust them to the mercy of God." (1261)

Why do we serve a God who is this merciless?

well....duh....it's obvious....No water has been sprinkled on thine face. Thou are not allowed in heaven. Eternal happyness is only for those who got water sprinkled on them.

*answer*

I do not care if you saved millions of homeless people. No water sprinkled is no heaven!
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts
[QUOTE="bastards12345"][QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="delol"]Catholic church state that baptism is essential to open the heaven gates otherwise you go to the limboflclisfun

I never heard that.

The Church has said since its founding that contraception is a sin...
irtaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 irtaylor
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
Actually it depends on what branch of the Church you ask.

(I won't attack any specific Branches so I will call them Branches)

Some say it really isn't necessary and that you faith in Jesus & your dedication to his teaches will grant you access into Heaven.

Another branch says it's only a representation of of you faith and it will only get you wet.

Then you have some branches saying it's absolutely necessary, and you get access to Heaven until you get
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
We have PC's technology, sceintists, proof of fakeness around each corner, well blind FAITH is obviously required to believe that... so no... ded=ded, no ded=second life... 
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="bastards12345"][QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="flclisfun"][QUOTE="delol"]Catholic church state that baptism is essential to open the heaven gates otherwise you go to the limbobastards12345

I never heard that.

The Church has said since its founding that contraception is a sin...

But isn't preventing sex until marriage contraception, if I'm not mistaken?
Marioarm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Marioarm2
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts
I don't think it is necessary if you truely believe in God and have faith.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
[QUOTE="cpo335"][QUOTE="delol"]Catholic church state that baptism is essential to open the heaven gates otherwise you go to the limbobastards12345
what's limbo and purgatory

Purgatory in Christian mythology is hell temporarily served. Limbo, in Greek mythology, is a place of forgetfulness in the Underworld. I don't know if it's the same in Catholic tradition.

First, Catholics represent the origin of Christianity. Prior to 1530 A.D., everyone was Catholic. The Church split and we now have Protestants and Catholics, but we are all Christians that follow Christ. Second, Purgatory is a place of purification, not Hell. If I were to die today, I don't think I could face God as I am. I would need purification which may be something like boot camp. A few saints are pure enough to go straight to Heaven. Here is an excerpt from the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven." 1030
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 bastards12345
[QUOTE="Berserker_2"] First, Catholics represent the origin of Christianity. Prior to 1530 A.D., everyone was Catholic. The Church split and we now have Protestants and Catholics, but we are all Christians that follow Christ. Second, Purgatory is a place of purification, not Hell. If I were to die today, I don't think I could face God as I am. I would need purification which may be something like boot camp. A few saints are pure enough to go straight to Heaven. Here is an excerpt from the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven." 1030

That's basically what it is...temporary punishment.[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"] The Church has said since its founding that contraception is a sin...

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source con·tra·cep·tion (kŏn'trə-sěp'shən) Pronunciation Key n. Intentional prevention of conception or impregnation through the use of various devices, agents, drugs, sexual practices, or surgical procedures.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="bastards12345"][QUOTE="Berserker_2"] First, Catholics represent the origin of Christianity. Prior to 1530 A.D., everyone was Catholic. The Church split and we now have Protestants and Catholics, but we are all Christians that follow Christ. Second, Purgatory is a place of purification, not Hell. If I were to die today, I don't think I could face God as I am. I would need purification which may be something like boot camp. A few saints are pure enough to go straight to Heaven. Here is an excerpt from the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven." 1030

That's basically what it is...temporary punishment.[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"] The Church has said since its founding that contraception is a sin...

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source con·tra·cep·tion (kŏn'trə-sěp'shən) Pronunciation Key n. Intentional prevention of conception or impregnation through the use of various devices, agents, drugs, sexual practices, or surgical procedures.

I didn't say that, I said the thing about marriage being a form of contraception, if you think about it hard enough.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
Baptism isn't practiced in all religions, including mine. Though we are required to perform abolution.
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 bastards12345
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="bastards12345"][QUOTE="Berserker_2"] First, Catholics represent the origin of Christianity. Prior to 1530 A.D., everyone was Catholic. The Church split and we now have Protestants and Catholics, but we are all Christians that follow Christ. Second, Purgatory is a place of purification, not Hell. If I were to die today, I don't think I could face God as I am. I would need purification which may be something like boot camp. A few saints are pure enough to go straight to Heaven. Here is an excerpt from the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven." 1030

I didn't say that, I said the thing about marriage being a form of contraception, if you think about it hard enough.

My bad, I messed up the quote.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#68 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
IMO I think God would care more about the kind of life you live than if you got anointed with water as a baby. You think all those pervert priests weren't baptized? Look how they turned out.
qwerty2305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 qwerty2305
Member since 2005 • 942 Posts

Thanks for all your answers guys!!!!

I think I will wait abit and see where life takes me before getting baptized.

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
No
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
It varies among Christians. The Church of Christ says you need to be babtized, but the Baptists don't think you NEED to have one to go to heaven.
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
Yes they say yes. If you don't get babtise then you go to hell:cry: