iPhone 5 Officially unveiled

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

The Rolls Royce of phones is here, hate it or not. Day 1 for me, same with all Apple Products.

Those who can't afford it can get those Android phones.

undergroundLPx
Rolls Royce? GTFO. its the BMW at best. Rolls Royce = Galaxy S3
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]This is a game forum. I have an iPhone 4s, so no point in buying one for the lulz. Take this forum's opinion with a grain of salt, they're always anti-Apple, even if they make great hardware and a well implemented operating system.superfluidity

I find the partisanship pretty silly. I don't like a lot of Apple's practices and don't have an iPhone, but I do acknowledge that they are by far the most innovative hardware maker today. When people claim they're technologically behind I honestly feel like it's bitterness over not being able to afford their stuff, because it plainly isn't true.

The entry level iPhone 5 is no more expensive than any Android OEM's flagship device. If you can afford a GS3, you can afford an iPhone 5. People claim they are technologically behind because in many instances, they are behind, they're just barely on-par, or they just barely edge out Android OEM flagship devices that have been on the market for months.

Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts

[QUOTE="tylergamereview"]I'm seeing a lot of people compare it to the Samsung Galaxy phone. Does anyone here know a spec comparison that someone might have come up with? Like a side by side chart or something? I don't know what most of the techno gibberish means, and I want to find out which one is actually superior when it comes to tech.Hallenbeck77

I found this on Gizmodo, maybe this might help.

That's perfect! Thank you very much!
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] In February or March when my contract ends. Will probably go for Samsung Galaxy.

What Blackberry do you have?

Bold (9780). Quite happy with it actually. Only real complaint is the lack of a proper IRC app.

Had the Tour (9630) myself for a year and a half. They weren't bad phones, but decided to try an android phone when it came time for me to upgrade.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I'm seeing a lot of people compare it to the Samsung Galaxy phone. Does anyone here know a spec comparison that someone might have come up with? Like a side by side chart or something? I don't know what most of the techno gibberish means, and I want to find out which one is actually superior when it comes to tech.tylergamereview

Hardware doesn't matter. iPhone vs Android, is all about OS.

Apple is the sole manufacturer for iOS devices and they only release new phones once every year (Sept). Android has 4-5 different companies, each releasing their phones through out the year. So even if the iPhone 5 were to come out on top in computing power now, there's will be a new android phone with better hardware a few weeks afterwards.

Also The iPhone 5 CPU/GPU is specs is undisclosed, so until third party sites run tests, the Quad-core Galaxy S3 is the most powerful.

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

[QUOTE="superfluidity"]

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]This is a game forum. I have an iPhone 4s, so no point in buying one for the lulz. Take this forum's opinion with a grain of salt, they're always anti-Apple, even if they make great hardware and a well implemented operating system.Dark_Knight6

I find the partisanship pretty silly. I don't like a lot of Apple's practices and don't have an iPhone, but I do acknowledge that they are by far the most innovative hardware maker today. When people claim they're technologically behind I honestly feel like it's bitterness over not being able to afford their stuff, because it plainly isn't true.

The entry level iPhone 5 is no more expensive than any Android OEM's flagship device. If you can afford a GS3, you can afford an iPhone 5. People claim they are technologically behind because in many instances, they are behind, they're just barely on-par, or they just barely edge out Android OEM flagship devices that have been on the market for months.

I realize it's the same price as the S3, but obviously Android covers the low end of the spectrum as well as the high end, while Apple does not.

Can you give some examples of where iPhones have been behind?

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
I got the Galaxy S3 when it came out and am not even thinking about getting another phone for another 2 years... By default really. Needless to say the Galaxy is better.
Avatar image for jesuschristmonk
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 jesuschristmonk
Member since 2009 • 3308 Posts

Rolls Royce? GTFO. its the BMW at best. Rolls Royce = Galaxy S3Mozelleple112
BMW? 7 series definitely. Nowhere good enough to be a 3 series ;).

I found this on Gizmodo, maybe this might help.

Hallenbeck77

Who was the person that said the specs for the SIII were in the same ball park as the iPhone 5? From this it seems like the SIII wipes it's ass with the iPhone 5 lol. Motherofgod.jpg at the Droid RAZR MAXX battery O.O

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#59 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

*yawn*

Pirate700
Exactly. Like last year, I'll pass.
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
I can not wait to get the new iPhone!
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
Neat. Will probably buy one in February when my contract will allow me to buy a new phone at the discounted price.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Can Apple step there game up and get a Wolfson DAC in there?? To get some half-decent sound quality out of it?

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Congratulations to Apple for making a phone that isn't even as good as the S3.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

Rolls Royce? GTFO. its the BMW at best. Rolls Royce = Galaxy S3Mozelleple112

Didn't realize Rolls Royce used that much cheap plastic.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#65 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
How is it an official unveiling when all the Apple fans already knew everything about it beforehand? :?
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I'll pass on it, just like I did the first 4 iPhones.
TurtleSh3lls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TurtleSh3lls
Member since 2012 • 74 Posts
brb Samsung Galaxy S
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
The thing is beautiful. I'm kind of disappointed that I was impatient and bought the GS3 instead. Oh well, the new ipod touch looks AWESOME and I'll just get that instead.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Don't know if I should go for the iPhone 5 or another phone such as the S3 or Android. Eh, I liked the iPhone 4 and it worked well with me until it became a brick... Then again, that was probably my fault.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Kiss your android goodbye. Apple is king once againCapitan_Kid
Lol. No iPhone is going to make me give up my Galaxy.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#71 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]Kiss your android goodbye. Apple is king once againGhettoBlastin92

Yeah, really. People keep thinking every iPhone that comes out each year will spell doom to Android, when Android continues advancing. The problem is, every year, Apple fans are stuck with only ONE version of iPhone. With Android, there are TONS of different kinds of phones to select from. This is why I feel sorta bad for iPhone devotees. They're stuck with the same shape. They're stuck with the same screen size (well, it's a LITTLE larger now, only taken the five years to make it bigger). There are Android phones in different shapes and sizes, colors, some 3D enabled, some with bigger mega pixel cameras, some with slide out keyboards, even the Backflip that contains a rear touch pad so you don't get the touch screen all smudged up. Honestly, the iPhone is so limiting.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Ok... That's nice I guess.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Nice! More overpriced crap.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
so the iphone 5 has a larger screen, faster, better camera. I never owned a iphone for longer than a week but i will try my luck with iphone 5. i'm hype for it only because i'm ready for a new phone. if i spent that last years with previous iphones i would be pist the iphone 5 looks like a long skinny iphone 4 with nothing revolutionary new i owned a samsung infuse and it was a very impressive phone. samsung galaxy iii is the iphone 4s if the infuse was the iphone 3
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

And when is apple going to make their screen size up to par? 4" is micro.

Pirate700

By "micro", you mean pants pocket friendly, right? I really want a new Android phone since I'm familiar with Android, but they're all comically oversized. If there's a Nexus phone coming with a 4" screen like the Nexus S, I'll be in line day one. Otherwise I'll just have to write off Android and switch to iOS or Windows Phone 8 (the Lumia is soooooo sexy).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
[QUOTE="GhettoBlastin92"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]Kiss your android goodbye. Apple is king once againJustPlainLucas

Yeah, really. People keep thinking every iPhone that comes out each year will spell doom to Android, when Android continues advancing. The problem is, every year, Apple fans are stuck with only ONE version of iPhone. With Android, there are TONS of different kinds of phones to select from. This is why I feel sorta bad for iPhone devotees. They're stuck with the same shape. They're stuck with the same screen size (well, it's a LITTLE larger now, only taken the five years to make it bigger). There are Android phones in different shapes and sizes, colors, some 3D enabled, some with bigger mega pixel cameras, some with slide out keyboards, even the Backflip that contains a rear touch pad so you don't get the touch screen all smudged up. Honestly, the iPhone is so limiting.

Problem is that custom UIs on Android like Touchwiz and HTC Sense are f*cking crap. To escape all the bloatware nonsense, you need a Nexus phone, or you need to root whatever phone you buy to fix it.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="GhettoBlastin92"]Lol. No iPhone is going to make me give up my Galaxy.Guppy507

Problem is that custom UIs on Android like Touchwiz and HTC Sense are f*cking crap. To escape all the bloatware nonsense, you need a Nexus phone, or you need to root whatever phone you buy to fix it.

That's why Android gives people choice. Touchwiz Sense Motorola Custom User Interface Stock Android etc where in iPhone, it's one size fits all
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Dark_Knight6

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Guppy507

By "micro", you mean pants pocket friendly, right? I really want a new Android phone since I'm familiar with Android, but they're all comically oversized. If there's a Nexus phone coming with a 4" screen like the Nexus S, I'll be in line day one. Otherwise I'll just have to write off Android and switch to iOS or Windows Phone 8 (the Lumia is soooooo sexy).

My phone has a 5.3" display. And it's surprisingly pocket-able. Relative to the iPhone, it will seem like a behemoth but I went from a phone with a 4.3" inch display and it only took me a week to get used to it. In fact, now I look at other phones and wonder why they're so tiny.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

Congratulations to Apple for making a phone that isn't even as good as the S3. SAGE_OF_FIRE

I freakin loled. Seriously on the 4 inch, I was expecting to go a little higher, I guess they dont want to compete with the S3, because that would be copying *rolls eyes*. Oh well, your loss Apple, lol. I got the S3, thought the screen size would be a bit much, but texting so so freakin easy because of it.

edit: Good to know the device no longer weighs like a brick, as a new cell phone user, I got the S3 (never have touched an iphone), then I got a hold of it, and was like "seriously wth."

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
this sucks.. all these ppl are going to run out and by new phones and fkcu up the nice 4g bandwidth i've been enjoying for the past year and a half...comp_atkins
You can say the same sh!t about any phone. Look at motorola. We are ALL consumers one way or another. Its funny how people pretend they aren't and hate on apple. Android phones have done the same thing, they just release an extra phone a year.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dark_Knight6

I realize it's the same price as the S3, but obviously Android covers the low end of the spectrum as well as the high end, while Apple does not.

Can you give some examples of where iPhones have been behind?

superfluidity

Actually, AT&T offers an iPhone 3GS for free with a contract. Pretty sure they offer an iPhone 4 for $100 on contract as well. And when people compare the iPhone to an Android phone, they're most likely comparing it to flagship devices, not something from Huawei.

4G speeds. That became standard years ago. It's honestly pathetic that Apple is just now bringing it to the table.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23047 Posts

[QUOTE="Guppy507"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Dark_Knight6

My phone has a 5.3" display. And it's surprisingly pocket-able. Relative to the iPhone, it will seem like a behemoth but I went from a phone with a 4.3" inch display and it only took me a week to get used to it. In fact, now I look at other phones and wonder why they're so tiny.

I'm jealous. As a low talker, high texter/browser I could really use the extra size as I use it as more of a portable information device than an actual phone. Unfortunately, my plan is rather limiting in that regard.
dr_cosmonaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 dr_cosmonaut
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts

The iPhone 5, just like the iPhone 4 but with an extra row of apps.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Dark_Knight6

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="Guppy507"]

mattbbpl

I'm jealous. As a low talker, high texter/browser I could really use the extra size as I use it as more of a portable information device than an actual phone. Unfortunately, my plan is rather limiting in that regard.

I use my phone much more for portable media, texting, emailing, etc. than I do as an actual phone. And in that regard, the additional screen real estate is fantastic. If you find yourself with the freedom to choose any phone on the market, I would definitely recommend a look at Samsung's Galaxy Note line. As I recall, LG has a competitor. And I assume it, like most LG phones, is pretty lackluster.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23047 Posts

[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

Dark_Knight6

I use my phone much more for portable media, texting, emailing, etc. than I do as an actual phone. And in that regard, the additional screen real estate is fantastic. If you find yourself with the freedom to choose any phone on the market, I would definitely recommend a look at Samsung's Galaxy Note line. As I recall, LG has a competitor. And I assume it, like most LG phones, is pretty lackluster.

The Note line is actually the line I've been drooling over for a while. I've been hoping more options come out at that size, but it's probably going to be a pretty niche market (which also probably means I'll never end up being able to get one - ce'st la vie).
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Nice,they should add a keyboard tho

Bucked20
And completely destroy the phone? Yea...
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

The Rolls Royce of phones is here, hate it or not. Day 1 for me, same with all Apple Products.

Those who can't afford it can get those Android phones.

Mozelleple112
Rolls Royce? GTFO. its the BMW at best. Rolls Royce = Galaxy S3

No, the S3 would be a hummer lol.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Dark_Knight6

The Note line is actually the line I've been drooling over for a while. I've been hoping more options come out at that size, but it's probably going to be a pretty niche market (which also probably means I'll never end up being able to get one - ce'st la vie).mattbbpl

If I recall correctly, the first Note sold pretty well. Well enough for them to release a second and for LG to slap together a device with a competing form factor (though with a 4:3 display). If the current pattern holds true, each Note device will basically be the current Galaxy S phone but with a larger screen and stylus. So you might see it expand quite a bit within the next few years. But that's just my guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Dark_Knight6

My phone has a 3.7 inch screen lol. I think I could only take up to about 4.5 inches before it starts to hurt a little too much.

I bet its great for browsing and such, but I dunno. I'll wait and see what the next Nexus phone has, and make my decision then.

That's why Android gives people choice.

Touchwiz

Sense

Motorola Custom User Interface

Stock Android etc

where in iPhone, it's one size fits allDroidPhysX

Yeah, but if you want a good experience out of android, you might have to work for it. I don't feel like rooting my phone right out of the box because HTC Sense is crap. Its bad enough that when I bought my laptop a few months ago, I had to reformat it right out of the box because of all the bloat on it.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

Guppy507

My phone has a 3.7 inch screen lol. I think I could only take up to about 4.5 inches before it starts to hurt a little too much.

I bet its great for browsing and such, but I dunno. I'll wait and see what the next Nexus phone has, and make my decision then.

That's why Android gives people choice.

Touchwiz

Sense

Motorola Custom User Interface

Stock Android etc

where in iPhone, it's one size fits allDroidPhysX

Yeah, but if you want a good experience out of android, you might have to work for it. I don't feel like rooting my phone right out of the box because HTC Sense is crap. Its bad enough that when I bought my laptop a few months ago, I had to reformat it right out of the box because of all the bloat on it.

No one is forcing you to buy from HTC to get an android experience.
Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

I eat iPhone 5's for breakfast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

No one is forcing you to buy from HTC to get an android experience. DroidPhysX

HTC makes the only Android phone at the moment that I'm interested in. Soooo yeah. If I want an Android, I'm stuck with the new Incredible for now.

Just checked Verizon's site. Apparently there's a Droid Razr with a 4.3 inch screen. So I have 2 choices, neither of which are stock android.

Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

The phone sounds pretty cool, but thier stance on NFC is dissapointing, and their operating system is starting to fall behind the times.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]No one is forcing you to buy from HTC to get an android experience. Guppy507

HTC makes the only Android phone at the moment that I'm interested in. Soooo yeah. If I want an Android, I'm stuck with the new Incredible for now.

Just checked Verizon's site. Apparently there's a Droid Razr with a 4.3 inch screen. So I have 2 choices, neither of which are stock android.

Or you can check on Amazon wireless and see that they have the Galaxy Nexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
[QUOTE="Guppy507"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]No one is forcing you to buy from HTC to get an android experience. DroidPhysX

Or I could not because it has a 5.3 inch screen, and I already said I don't want a phone that big.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Guppy507"]

Guppy507

Or I could not because it has a 5.3 inch screen, and I already said I don't want a phone that big.

The Galaxy Nexus has 4.65 inch screen......
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Dark_Knight6

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

Guppy507

Honestly, after a maximum of two weeks, you'll stop noticing how large it is. The only time I'm reminded of the size of it is when I try to one-hand text (honestly fairly difficult to do) or when I hold a smaller phone. But often in the latter situation, I'm left wondering how I ever used phones that small. My point is, you get used to any size increase fairly quickly.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#98 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

But in terms of software convenience it just playing catch up with android phones.

Blue-Sky

:lol: no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
The Galaxy Nexus has 4.65 inch screen......DroidPhysX
Oh, its 5.33 inches tall, that's not the screen size at all. Mistakes were made. That's a much more tolerable size, even if its not ideal. And its only 100 bucks at Verizon, Amazon wireless doesn't sell it as a phone upgrade w/ contract renewal apparently.
Honestly, after a maximum of two weeks, you'll stop noticing how large it is. The only time I'm reminded of the size of it is when I try to one-hand text (honestly fairly difficult to do) or when I hold a smaller phone. But often in the latter situation, I'm left wondering how I ever used phones that small. My point is, you get used to any size increase fairly quickly.Dark_Knight6
I'm sure it would be fine, but I'm a one-handed phone user most of the time, so that'll take some getting used to. I wish there was a way I could use a phone for a week or so before I decided to buy it. That's why I'm so hesitant about Windows Phone 8, because I've never used it and don't want to be stuck with something I don't like for 2 years until my next upgrade.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Thankz.. but I'm still completely happy with my none smart phone, messaging phone Samsung.