In other election news, Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/amendment-64-passes-in-co_n_2079899.html

Cool for them. Wonder how long before Federal governemnt takes it away.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Cool. Yes on gay marriage has a slight lead with nearly half the state reporting.
GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

Washington state (my state) just passed it too~:o:D

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Nice! Hopefully this brings back the Drug War as a main issue.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

Aljosa23

Agreed

Looks like Ill be making a trip to Colorado in the near future

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Right on!
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Pretty irrelevent considering its still illegal at a federal level. Nothing stopping the DEA from busting down doors and arresting people.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Oh god YES!!!!!!!!!! :D

NY needs to be the next state, hell at least allow it in Jersey. :(

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

That's awesome for Colorado. I hope the rest of the country catches up.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bane_09

Pretty irrelevent considering its still illegal at a federal level. Nothing stopping the DEA from busting down doors and arresting people.

UnknownSniper65

Its a very good first step,

Also, does anyone know how the voting on the Marijuan bills are going in other states like Washington and Oregon?

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
this is great news. MA passed a medical bill today as well!
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

This is excellent news, congrats to Colorado (and MA)! Now just to convince the idiotic biblebanging midwest that the "War on Drugs" is a complete sham and we'll all benefit from decriminalization. I know what I'll be voting when it finally comes to my area.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
And suddenly half of OT moves to Colorado while applications at Colorado colleges skyrocket.....
stanleycup98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 stanleycup98
Member since 2006 • 6144 Posts

UnknownSniper65
The point is to create controversy and make the debate relevant again.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts
here in WA we passed it too for recreational usage, hurray, I've got like like countless shops already in my neighborhood set up through the medical marijuana so can't wait to... hit one up when it's eventually legal federally **cough** **cough** great, however GS will never allow you to say something like "if you're only so-so enjoying a game, just legally spark up a recreational joint and it'll be like the best game ever", that's not allowed... though I don't see anything wrong with saying "I hope one day the federal government legalizes marijuana so I can hypothetically tell you that a legal recreational joint would make such-n-such game more enjoyable", because that's just a hypothetical assertion in a universe where marijuana is legal, just be careful how you say things
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

Good news everyone

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Oh *****,

Didn't expect any surprises from this election.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lamprey263
[QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

stanleycup98
The point is to create controversy and make the debate relevant again.

here in WA they've gone after medical marijuana shops, but it's been shown that they only go after those shops that are violating the states own laws regarding medical marijuana, so they can still operate but they have to do so carefully and within the state laws or else the DEA will go after them plus, on the DEAs end they're only going after distributors, no DEA raid is going to be busting down doors because the neighbor reports he's smells some grass burning next door
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
[QUOTE="lamprey263"]here in WA we passed it too for recreational usage, hurray, I've got like like countless shops already in my neighborhood set up through the medical marijuana so can't wait to... hit one up when it's eventually legal federally **cough** **cough** great, however GS will never allow you to say something like "if you're only so-so enjoying a game, just legally spark up a recreational joint and it'll be like the best game ever", that's not allowed... though I don't see anything wrong with saying "I hope one day the federal government legalizes marijuana so I can hypothetically tell you that a legal recreational joint would make such-n-such game more enjoyable", because that's just a hypothetical assertion in a universe where marijuana is legal, just be careful how you say things

Since when can't you talk about weed on GameSpot? What if I said I was high right now? Nothing will happen.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Very good very good.

Now what we need is to get this done on a federal level and then change the laws in regarding to how people caught using other illicit drugs are treated. Absolutely ridiculous that people can end up in jail instead of getting treated for their addictions...

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bane_09

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]here in WA we passed it too for recreational usage, hurray, I've got like like countless shops already in my neighborhood set up through the medical marijuana so can't wait to... hit one up when it's eventually legal federally **cough** **cough** great, however GS will never allow you to say something like "if you're only so-so enjoying a game, just legally spark up a recreational joint and it'll be like the best game ever", that's not allowed... though I don't see anything wrong with saying "I hope one day the federal government legalizes marijuana so I can hypothetically tell you that a legal recreational joint would make such-n-such game more enjoyable", because that's just a hypothetical assertion in a universe where marijuana is legal, just be careful how you say things-Tish-
Since when can't you talk about weed on GameSpot? What if I said I was high right now? Nothing will happen.

Pretty sure its against the ToU to talk about actual use, it's fine just to talk about the subject though

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lamprey263
[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="lamprey263"]here in WA we passed it too for recreational usage, hurray, I've got like like countless shops already in my neighborhood set up through the medical marijuana so can't wait to... hit one up when it's eventually legal federally **cough** **cough** great, however GS will never allow you to say something like "if you're only so-so enjoying a game, just legally spark up a recreational joint and it'll be like the best game ever", that's not allowed... though I don't see anything wrong with saying "I hope one day the federal government legalizes marijuana so I can hypothetically tell you that a legal recreational joint would make such-n-such game more enjoyable", because that's just a hypothetical assertion in a universe where marijuana is legal, just be careful how you say things

I've been censored a few times in the past for it alone... not sure if anybody cares now that the mods have become more lenient but I don't want to risk it. And I can still pretty much say what I'm going to say without saying it so to speak.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Goddammit California. Why cant you be like Colorado?!
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
don't forget washington!
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#25 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Finally. Maybe now Canada will see the light and do the same. Wash is going to see an even bigger bump in tourism from their neighbors to the North. I know I'll take a gander next time I'm down there. Border's only 30 minutes away ;)

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Good, hopefully more states will to and then eventually in the future federal law.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

UnknownSniper65
What's stopping the DEA is budget and man power. Medicinal marijuana is still illegal on the federal level, but here in Colorado the dispensaries have become as common as 7-11 in the last couple if years.
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

Aljosa23
Loving the sig rofl
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

UnknownSniper65

Production and distribution is still illegal.

They're adapting a similar model to Amsterdam where you can only obtain a retail sale of 5 grams. Either way, it brings the issue of prohibition to the forefront that for the most part have been ignored by the federal government in political discussions. More states are sure to follow Colorado.

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
[QUOTE="dagreenfish"] What's stopping the DEA is budget

a swing and a miss
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

As someone who lives in Colorado, cha-ching.

Boooooosh suckas

atony12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 atony12
Member since 2007 • 960 Posts
I wonder how this will affect work related drug polices? Does this mean if you pop hot for THC on a drug test are you still going to get terminated? Obviously if you show up high to work it'd be the same as showing up drunk but you can't test a person to see if they've been drinking in the recent past like you can with weed.
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
I would have a road trip down to Denver if it wasn't such a sh*thole
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Wow! Maybe some things will happen over the next year or so on the matter.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dagreenfish

[QUOTE="dagreenfish"] What's stopping the DEA is budgetCloud_Insurance
a swing and a miss

There are over 1,500 medical dispensaries between California and Colorado which are (up untill last night) only 2 of the 16 states with medicinal marijuana. I'd wager that the number of medicinal users are dwarfed by the number of recreational users. So I'd expect the number of dispensaries to increase in Colorado. Add to that, the number of private individuals who will legally be able to grow plants in their homes due to state law. State law enforcment will not likely want to spend money on raiding businesses and homes for something permissable by state constitution. So lol no, the DEA does not have the resources to raid and arrest all of these people.

Even before this, they didn't have the resources to shut down all the medical marijuana dispensaries let alone the increase that's to come. Most of the tactics to combat dispensaries has been by not allowing them buisiness accounts and loans and not allowing tax buisiness deductions which makes cost of buisiness much more expensive. Most of US Attorney Walsh's targets have been those businesses that are withing 1,000 feet of schools. So Unknownsniper's claim that "Pretty irrelevent considering its still illegal at a federal level." is actually a bit naive. Sure, they'll make arrest here and there, but even before this amendmant, it wasn't enough to stem the tide of the "Green Rush."

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Still illegal on the federal level.

Not that it will happe, but the federal government could pull transportation funding for the roads and highways in colorado until they overturn the law and start enforcing the federal law.

That's what happened when Wisconsin refused to increase the drinking law.

Though unlike then, pot is illegal and becoming legal with more and more states voting on it and more and more people trying to get it legalized. This could be the beginning of a cascading effect that ripples through the nation. Who knows.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

I feel bad for people who actually think this will work..

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Still illegal on the federal level.

Not that it will happe, but the federal government could pull transportation funding for the roads and highways in colorado until they overturn the law and start enforcing the federal law.

That's what happened when Wisconsin refused to increase the drinking law.

Though unlike then, pot is illegal and becoming legal with more and more states voting on it and more and more people trying to get it legalized. This could be the beginning of a cascading effect that ripples through the nation. Who knows.

Wasdie

I'd say that with Obama still being an office, this hardcore strategy to overrule the legalization of marijuana likely won't happen. In fact I wouldn't be too surprised if he came out SUPPORTING the move. He just strikes me as a candidate who might support this...

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Not sure how I feel about this but Colorado continues to be the best state regardless. :P

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

I feel bad for people who actually think this will work..

fueled-system
why wouldn't it?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I would have a road trip down to Denver if it wasn't such a sh*tholeJazz_Fan
Where do you live? Denver is one of the nicest cities in the country.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dagreenfish

Not sure how I feel about this but Colorado continues to be the best state regardless. :P

Pirate700
I'm a bit ambivalent about it myself. Don't have string feelings either way. But I think I would have preferred de-criminalization to flat out legalization.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]here in WA we passed it too for recreational usage, hurray, I've got like like countless shops already in my neighborhood set up through the medical marijuana so can't wait to... hit one up when it's eventually legal federally **cough** **cough** great, however GS will never allow you to say something like "if you're only so-so enjoying a game, just legally spark up a recreational joint and it'll be like the best game ever", that's not allowed... though I don't see anything wrong with saying "I hope one day the federal government legalizes marijuana so I can hypothetically tell you that a legal recreational joint would make such-n-such game more enjoyable", because that's just a hypothetical assertion in a universe where marijuana is legal, just be careful how you say things-Tish-
Since when can't you talk about weed on GameSpot? What if I said I was *** right now? Nothing will happen.

Lol something will happen. I got moderated the other day for just saying that I don't worry about it being illegal because I practice it in the privacy of my home . Then bam moderation for "illegal activities". I didn't even specificy what the substance was, I just said "it". :lol:

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Doesn't it need to be changed on a Federal level to do anything?

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
I'm surprised Canada wasn't first.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
If Washington and Colorado legalizes it, California and Nevada will soon follow.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
If Washington and Colorado legalizes it, California and Nevada will soon follow.NiKva
I'm hoping this starts a chain reaction and the Fed is forced to legalize weed/take weed off the schedule. I can't wait!
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

For the love of god do the same for Australia !

UglyDude_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 UglyDude_07
Member since 2005 • 2574 Posts
What's the point of state laws if the federal laws are just gonna get in the way? We all might as well just be governed by federal laws if they gonna be like that...