If you had to live in a developing country, what country would you live in?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="dramaybaz"]Iran, Iraq are middle east?Lonelynight

Are you being serious right now?

The UAE seems like a pretty cool place to live. Don't know if it's a developing or developed country though

Pretty cool place? I'd think your concept of cool place is high end pretty buildings then. Because UAE has a boring, dry, indoors lifestyle and where nothing happens but business. No amount of money would make me trade the hedonistic, outdoorsy, dense and dynamic lifestyle from Brazil.

Also, interisting that no one even reminded of India as a choice.

Kudos for most ppl choosing Brazil

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#102 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I'd live anywhere then illegally enter a western country pretending that my life is in danger and seek asylum, i will get lots of money and free health care which not even the legal residents would get.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Are you being serious right now?

Adrianstalker

The UAE seems like a pretty cool place to live. Don't know if it's a developing or developed country though

Pretty cool place? I'd think your concept of cool place is high end pretty buildings then. Because UAE has a boring, dry, indoors lifestyle and where nothing happens but business. No amount of money would make me trade the hedonistic, outdoorsy, dense and dynamic lifestyle from Brazil.

I was comparing the UAE to Iran and Iraq
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

china

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#105 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I dont know. Maybe a primarily agrarian, tropical country that has not been discovered by tourist yet.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

I dont know. Maybe a primarily agrarian, tropical country that has not been discovered by tourist yet.

mrbojangles25
those countries are usually run by sh!tty governments.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Possibly Chile. Everyone who's been there has said it's really nice. I'd definitely pick somewhere in South America. They have some very large economies (Brazil), and the drug cartels want NOTHING to do with you if you aren't a dealer or a rival. Colombia is a good example of that and I've heard violent crimes related to the drug cartels have only been declining because it scares off potential customers.

Asia? Maybe Vietnam. Not really sure.

Eastern Eruope? Russia. They've got a ton of developed areas and some very beautiful scenery.

Middle east and most of Africa are no goes.

BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
I would choose Russia.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
The Middle East is getting a unfair treatment in this topic, bearing in mind that we are talking about third world countries. Compared to other third world countries the Middle East should not score last. As a foreigner you can live a great life in some countries like Jordan, Lebanon, the West Bank and others, you would be isolated from issues that make nationals of said countries relatively miserable. Also the place is relatively safe when it comes to crimes. Another thing is that the place is culturally rich.
LFCq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LFCq
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
The Middle East is getting a unfair treatment in this topic, bearing in mind that we are talking about third world countries. Compared to other third world countries the Middle East should not score last. As a foreigner you can live a great life in some countries like Jordan, Lebanon, the West Bank and others, you would be isolated from issues that make nationals of said countries relatively miserable. Also the place is relatively safe when it comes to crimes. Another thing is that the place is culturally rich. GazaAli
This is what I've been trying to say, thanks to media portrayals, everyone thinks most parts of the Middle East is possibly the worst place to be in the world when there are in fact so many nice places there.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]The Middle East is getting a unfair treatment in this topic, bearing in mind that we are talking about third world countries. Compared to other third world countries the Middle East should not score last. As a foreigner you can live a great life in some countries like Jordan, Lebanon, the West Bank and others, you would be isolated from issues that make nationals of said countries relatively miserable. Also the place is relatively safe when it comes to crimes. Another thing is that the place is culturally rich. LFCq
This is what I've been trying to say, thanks to media portrayals, everyone thinks most parts of the Middle East is possibly the worst place to be in the world when there are in fact so many nice places there.

Giving the choices the only competitor would be Eastern Europe giving the support of the EU and the efforts it invests there. But seeing their crime rates I'm not sure.
play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 play_thegame
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
Turkey doest sound too bad, at least not as extremist as other Muslim countries. if i could choose wherein turkey i would live near one of the tourist getaways
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 GazaAli
Turkey doest sound too bad, at least not as extremist as other Muslim countries. if i could choose wherein turkey i would live near one of the tourist getawaysplay_thegame
Turkey is a third world country? lmao.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
The Middle East is getting a unfair treatment in this topic, bearing in mind that we are talking about third world countries. Compared to other third world countries the Middle East should not score last. As a foreigner you can live a great life in some countries like Jordan, Lebanon, the West Bank and others, you would be isolated from issues that make nationals of said countries relatively miserable. Also the place is relatively safe when it comes to crimes. Another thing is that the place is culturally rich. GazaAli
A middle class person in the West can like like a king in some of those countries.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
myanmar
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

I didn't actually believe Asian countries are losing. I thought people would find them interesting?

I agree most of them aren't so appealing though if you take Japan, SK, Singapore etc and even China out of the list.

Though China should of course stay on the list it is not yet a developed country.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I'd move to the U.S./canada.

I don't want to live in a backwards country. Especially Africa/the middle east.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

MakeMeaSammitch

Although African and Middle East nations are backward in many ways, some of them do have more progressive justice system than America.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Turkey doest sound too bad, at least not as extremist as other Muslim countries. if i could choose wherein turkey i would live near one of the tourist getawaysplay_thegame
:lol: Sure Turkey may not be the richest country in the world with everyone wearing gold necklaces and expensive clothes but oh dear god it is certainly not a third world country, it's pretty big and is a big player in a lot of areas.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#120 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

China is technically still a developing country, but that's mostly due to the vaaaaaast difference between the wealthiest and the poorest in that country (despite being a communist country, ey?). The poorest regions in China may not even have telephone or electricity, yet the wealthiest regions in China completely trump some developed countries in terms of modernisation and proportions.

As such it isn't al all terrible to live in a very developed region in China, if you have the financial capabilities. Human rights problems and limitations won't affect you much if you have the money.

In a sense, how China is now reminds me a little of Orzammar from Dragon Age Origins.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Ncsoftlover

Although African and Middle East nations are backward in many ways, some of them do have more progressive justice system than America.

lol!

Such as?

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

I would live in my country UAE :)

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Are you being serious right now?

Adrianstalker

Don't know about Brazil, but we do spend times outside in UAE. The weather is pretty awesome now (in winter).

You've obviously never been to a desert safari, or driven a quad bike on sand dunes.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#124 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I would live in my country UAE :)

TehFuneral

oh the wonder of high income developing countries.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-598fc45371265

lol at all the Brazils. The place isn't all beaches and bikinis you know.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

lol at all the Brazils. The place isn't all beaches and bikinis you know.

Storm_Marine
Don't forget Carnivale
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Latin America of course.

Bunda everywhere

Plus I know quite a few people there.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#130 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

You'd like to live in Eastern Europe the most. Same as western but with little to no immigrants, everyone is white.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="play_thegame"]Turkey doest sound too bad, at least not as extremist as other Muslim countries. if i could choose wherein turkey i would live near one of the tourist getawaysJohnF111
:lol: Sure Turkey may not be the richest country in the world with everyone wearing gold necklaces and expensive clothes but oh dear god it is certainly not a third world country, it's pretty big and is a big player in a lot of areas.

Turkey is great. I lived there for four years. But, I'd make sure to stay at the western half where the locals seem more westernized. I absolutely love the area from Mersin at the eastern edge of the Taurus Mountains to Antalya and Izmir. Beautiful country, very friendly people.

Taurus Mountains viewed from the northern side:

DSCN2185_zps142f1354.jpg

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

You'd like to live in Eastern Europe the most. Same as western but with little to no immigrants, everyone is white.

SovietsUnited
LOL If I moved to Russia or Ukraine, I would have to learn the Cyrillic alphabet. If I learned Spanish, I'd get to stick with the Latin alphabet. Also there's white people in Mexico. Bet you didn't know that.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
[QUOTE="play_thegame"]Turkey doest sound too bad, at least not as extremist as other Muslim countries. if i could choose wherein turkey i would live near one of the tourist getawaysGazaAli

Well it certainly isn't clearly in the developed category.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="play_thegame"]Turkey doest sound too bad, at least not as extremist as other Muslim countries. if i could choose wherein turkey i would live near one of the tourist getawayspie-junior

But its no way in hell a third world country, not that I'm a fan of Turkey.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 pie-junior
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] Turkey is a third world country? lmao.

wikipedia told me Turkey's economy is defined as 'developing' by the iMF.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"] Well it certainly isn't clearly in the developed category.

Is it a second world country? There is such a thing.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GazaAli
[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"] Well it certainly isn't clearly in the developed category.

Well its not like Wikipedia is the best source. I remember reading that Turkey's economy ranks 16th around the world and is predicted to reach the top 10 by mid 2020s.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 GazaAli
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] But its no way in hell a third world country, not that I'm a fan of Turkey.

I mean yea at least we can say that.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 pie-junior
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] But its no way in hell a third world country, not that I'm a fan of Turkey.

That divide is not meant to contend with social economic status, but with cold war affiliation. 'second world country' refers to communist states and their allies.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 GazaAli
[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="pie-junior"] wikipedia told me Turkey's economy is defined as 'developing' by the iMF.

That divide is not meant to contend with social economic status, but with cold war affiliation. 'second world country' refers to communist states and their allies.

enlightening.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 pie-junior
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] But its no way in hell a third world country, not that I'm a fan of Turkey.

Well its not like Wikipedia is the best source. I remember reading that Turkey's economy ranks 16th around the world and is predicted to reach the top 10 by mid 2020s.

* Wikipedia is an excellent source for this type of crap. it also links directly to the IMF 2012 report. **It's 16th in overall GDP.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GazaAli
[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"] wikipedia told me Turkey's economy is defined as 'developing' by the iMF.

* Wikipedia is an excellent source for this type of crap. it also links directly to the IMF 2012 report. **It's 16th in overall GDP.

I'm not sure if I'm correct but isn't GDP the metric or at least the man one to rank an economy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] Well its not like Wikipedia is the best source. I remember reading that Turkey's economy ranks 16th around the world and is predicted to reach the top 10 by mid 2020s.GazaAli

I'm not sure if I'm correct but isn't GDP the metric or at least the man one to rank an economy?

the size of a economy.

India is in the top five in the world for GDP but is one of the poorest countries out there.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"] * Wikipedia is an excellent source for this type of crap. it also links directly to the IMF 2012 report. **It's 16th in overall GDP.Storm_Marine

the size of a economy.

India is in the top five in the world for GDP but is one of the poorest countries out there.

it is also one of the worlds worst bureaucratic nightmares, much worse than what is seen in the west.