If you bought nutella within the past 4 years, you may be entitled to a refund

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kvothe_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Kvothe_Stark
Member since 2010 • 360 Posts

I like Nutella, but you have to be braindead and illiterate to think it's anything but bad for you. Saturated Fat = Bad. Nutella = High in Saturated Fat. BOY, that was hard! Sometimes I think people just sit at home bored looking for things to make potential lawsuits over.

David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts

Why is America so damn litigious?

The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts

I like Nutella, but you have to be braindead and illiterate to think it's anything but bad for you. Saturated Fat = Bad. Nutella = High in Saturated Fat. BOY, that was hard! Sometimes I think people just sit at home bored looking for things to make potential lawsuits over.

Kvothe_Stark
Yipee. Another awesome claim. Saturated fat=bad how?
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Nutella is not supposed to be healthy, it's supposed to be a delicious health cheat.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
What I find funny about this is how "moderation" wasn't brought in by the defense. Anything will make you fat if you eat too much of it. Would have had the lawsuit thrown out instantly. Unless she had one of those really expensive lawyers who knows all the good loopholes.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#56 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Read the effing label.
krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
[QUOTE="Kvothe_Stark"]

The_Zoid

Higher LDL which is shown to be a factor in heart disease while omega-3 unsaturated fats correlate to higher HDL which is good for you. Though again, don't eat it in excess and you should be fine.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

[QUOTE="krazykillaz"][QUOTE="The_Zoid"]Everyone here seems to be missing the point of context. Please, how is sugar bad?The_Zoid
Eat more than you need without burning it off and you get fat. Easier to do when talking about processed foods. Of course, the same can be said about protein and fat.

Thank you. There is no such thing as bad foods. Only bad diets. If someone gets fat, it is because they consumed more than they burned...you could blame the sweet potatoes and brown rice as much as the nutella....perhaps even moreso as they're taking up caloric room of something more delicious!

No, there really is such thing as really unhealthy foods like Big Mac burgers, soda, anything fried really, are perfect examples of really unhealthy foods.

Fruits, rice, sweet potatos may be high in sugar or carbs but the way I look at it, it's natural. And no, I'm not saying those foods should be avoided but rather it lies in personal responsibility. I enjoy an Italian sandwich with soda occasionally and know it's bad for me, but I don't go eat it everyday.

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Zoid"][QUOTE="krazykillaz"]Eat more than you need without burning it off and you get fat. Easier to do when talking about processed foods. Of course, the same can be said about protein and fat.leviathan91

Thank you. There is no such thing as bad foods. Only bad diets. If someone gets fat, it is because they consumed more than they burned...you could blame the sweet potatoes and brown rice as much as the nutella....perhaps even moreso as they're taking up caloric room of something more delicious!

No, there really is such thing as really unhealthy foods like Big Mac burgers, soda, anything fried really, are perfect examples of really unhealthy foods.

Fruits, rice, sweet potatos may be high in sugar or carbs but the way I look at it, it's natural. And no, I'm not saying those foods should be avoided but rather it lies in personal responsibility. I enjoy an Italian sandwich with soda occasionally and know it's bad for me, but I don't go eat it everyday.

It's not that those foods are bad for you. They do provide nutrients that you need. They just provide excessive levels of things you don't need as much of and less of the ones you should have more of. For instance, sodium and sugar.
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 The_Zoid
[QUOTE="The_Zoid"][QUOTE="Kvothe_Stark"]

krazykillaz

Higher LDL which is shown to be a factor in heart disease while unsaturated fats correlate to higher HDL which is good for you. Though again, don't eat it in excess and you should be fine.

http://canceranddiet.nl/cardiovascular_disease/randomized-saturated-polyunsaturated-fat.html Not quite a proven conclusion.
DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DeathnoteSz
Member since 2010 • 643 Posts
Just Filed my claim BECAUSE I WANT JUSTICEEEE......... and a couple of dollars wouldnt hurt either. i filed a claim for 3 bottles but is shud have filed a claim for 5 as i just learned you dont even need a receipt to prove you bought the nutella
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
Did they fake the nutrition label or something? Otherwise, Da Fuq!
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
Only in America.........Mafiree
Not this BS again. The odds are this is never true, this can happen elsewhere. FYI, I have gotten nutella and won't file a claim.
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DarkOfKnight
[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"] Nutella is available in a wide variety of countries including Canada and many of the member countries of the european union. Even in countries where it is not readily available, it can be ordered online and shipped their granted they have access to UPS or some other postal delivery service. It may have even been served on the international space station thus granting it offworld status. Very few foods can brag of that. It also may have been eaten in a submarine, thus granting it underwater status as well. Limiting your mindset to just america radically limits the number of ways in which Nutella can be experienced.Toxic-Seahorse

"Only in America..." as in only in America you can sue someone for becoming fat.

Next time someone tries to say only America has the worst food, I have a image that'll shut them up.

The lawsuite was actually for false advertising.

Facts have no place in America. Go take that garbage to Europe.
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 The_Zoid

[QUOTE="The_Zoid"][QUOTE="krazykillaz"]Eat more than you need without burning it off and you get fat. Easier to do when talking about processed foods. Of course, the same can be said about protein and fat.leviathan91

Mmmhhm...context strikes again. Nobody is getting all their calories from soda and big mac burgers. Obviously that would lead to deficiencies....but to say they can't be included at all is very close-minded. Did anyone ever get diabetes from one or two or even three sodas a day? What about cardiovascular disease from one or two big macs a day? I don't think so. It's the whole picture that decides what happens....not one exclusive part.

Besides that, most of these problems arise from obesity itself....which is due to caloric excess...which is completely unrelated to actual food type.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]If it provides calories, it is nutritious. It definitely provides calories. Just more dumb stuff from California.krazykillaz
Alcohol provides calories. Alcohol is not a nutrient.

Calories are a nutrient by their very nature.
pero2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 pero2008
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts

I've never tried it

The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 The_Zoid

I've never tried it

pero2008
You sir, are missing out.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

its false advertising just like the mass effect 3 ending lol

anyway don't hate cuz she is smart....she got 2.5 million for doing nothing

EsYuGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 EsYuGee
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Mafiree"]Only in America.........WiiCubeM1

Nutella is available in a wide variety of countries including Canada and many of the member countries of the european union. Even in countries where it is not readily available, it can be ordered online and shipped their granted they have access to UPS or some other postal delivery service. It may have even been served on the international space station thus granting it offworld status. Very few foods can brag of that. It also may have been eaten in a submarine, thus granting it underwater status as well. Limiting your mindset to just america radically limits the number of ways in which Nutella can be experienced.

"Only in America..." as in only in America you can sue someone for becoming fat.

Next time someone tries to say only America has the worst food, I have a image that'll shut them up.

It's a proven fact that America has the worst food in the world. Haven't you seen that thing on TV ;). (Ok can we see that image now?)

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#71 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Though I would love free nutella, I don't want to contribute to some dumbass fat lady's stupid lawsuit.

This is why we need a common sense rule in court, so stupidity like this and someone tripping over their own kid in a store can just stop already.

The hot coffee one though kind of has merit, since apparently there is a rule on how hot coffee should be and the lady who burned herself needed surgery because it was above the safety requirements. In that case there is some merit, but here no way is this acceptable unless the Nutella company was telling people outright it was super healthy and good for you.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="Mafiree"]Only in America.........DarkOfKnight
Not this BS again. The odds are this is never true, this can happen elsewhere. FYI, I have gotten nutella and won't file a claim.

Not as often...... Interesting article talking about these type of cases in Europe. http://www.europeanbusinessreview.com/?p=273
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DarkOfKnight
[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="Mafiree"]Only in America.........Mafiree

Not as often...... Interesting article talking about these type of cases in Europe. http://www.europeanbusinessreview.com/?p=273

Thanks for admitting I am right. You said only, as in this ONLY happens in AMERICA....no matter the magnitude it does happen elsewhere. As you stated.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="Mafiree"][QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"] Not this BS again. The odds are this is never true, this can happen elsewhere. FYI, I have gotten nutella and won't file a claim.

Thanks for admitting I am right. You said only, as in this ONLY happens in AMERICA....no matter the magnitude it does happen elsewhere. As you stated.

If you want to be pedantic about........
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#75 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
That's the USA for ya. :lol:
Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

Normally, I'd say "LOL USA".

But in this case, 'you reap what you sow' seems more appropriate.

Now let's see more integrity from televised advertisements. I don't care if what they say is clearly BS.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I don't see what the problem is. If you don't want to get sued for false advertising, then don't advertsie things that are false.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

I should've grabbed some when I saw it at Big Lots.

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DarkOfKnight

I don't see what the problem is. If you don't want to get sued for false advertising, then don't advertsie things that are false.

magnax1
This. Anti-Americans seem to not know what this was all about. This was about false advertisment, not her being fat like some think. They asked for it, don't want to get sued, then don't lie about your product. Simple.
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
what an idiot. i remember a woman tried suing post one time because she though crunch berries were real.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I hate America sometimes.

God damn lawsuit culture.

Wasdie

This. People winning millions of dollars for their own stupidity is just un-f*cking-believable.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#82 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Five jars of nutella on their way to my house. :D
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Well regardless of how the woman is taking advantage, I do find nuttella's ads to be misleading.
DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DeathnoteSz
Member since 2010 • 643 Posts
Five jars of nutella on their way to my house. :DGamerForca
lol u lucky son of a gun, i only filed for 3 D:
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]Five jars of nutella on their way to my house. :DDeathnoteSz
lol u lucky son of a gun, i only filed for 3 D:

Why?
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#86 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Years of hoarding will have final paid off. An they all thought I was crazy
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
So she won $3.5 million in a lawsuit, and $2.5 million of that money is going to consumers who file a claimSaintWalrus
LOL I know this is a bit like saying the bible is a book or that water is wet: but Christ the USA is a f*cking joke.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

A lot of products are misleading. Most Kelloggs adverts are as well. Best to read the label. But having the stuff in moderation won't hurt.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

How the hell could someone think chocolate spread is healthy? It's friggin chocolate.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#90 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

How the hell could someone think chocolate spread is healthy? It's friggin chocolate.

BossPerson
there are some very, very stupid people in the world. either that, or its just someone's attempt to get rich quick.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Darkman2007
there are some very, very stupid people in the world. either that, or its just someone's attempt to get rich quick.

It's the second one.