If it's racist to not want to date someone because of their race...

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

It's not racist, but I notice threads like these seem to focus on black women. If your not into them that's your prerogative but I honestly think this thread just derailed into a thread with rationalisations of why black women aren't preferred by some guys. The fact that no other races are even mentioned admittedly rubs me the wrong way a bit.

theycallmeRP

Well, based off your observations that kind of says something, doesn't it?

ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

[QUOTE="cd_rom"]Depends. Scenario 1: "I won't date a black girl because I simply do not find them very attractive." No. Scenario 2: "I won't date a black girl because she my steal my stuff.". Yes.Genetic_Code
Some people don't find black girls attractive because they're black and some black girls do steal stuff.

Some black people steal stuff, but that has nothing to do with their race. It's because most poor people are black unfortunately.

On topic: I guess it's kind of racist to not date people because of racial physical traits, but that sexism thing is untrue.

Off topic: What race are Hispanics and people from the Middle East?

Avatar image for deactivated-590595a6292ce
deactivated-590595a6292ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 deactivated-590595a6292ce
Member since 2008 • 5080 Posts

No, it's not racist.

theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

[QUOTE="theycallmeRP"]

It's not racist, but I notice threads like these seem to focus on black women. If your not into them that's your prerogative but I honestly think this thread just derailed into a thread with rationalisations of why black women aren't preferred by some guys. The fact that no other races are even mentioned admittedly rubs me the wrong way a bit.

DigitalExile

All I know is, my sister is a gamer and visits gaming sites. And honestly I'm glad she doesn't have an account here to read threads like these that seem to pop up from time to time. It may be old-school, but I think the old motto "if you don't have anything nice to say..." should be used a little more often.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]No its not racist. But you are missing out in my opinion. Each and every race has their own special little perk. Its like pokemon except the battle is sex. *Looks at mistressminako post* Smh...don't let it get to you girl...MistressMinako
But they are being mean. :(:P

*hugs* Its ok I understand the feeling. It sucks man...but hey at least we look cool in movies :P
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

[QUOTE="theycallmeRP"]

DigitalExile

Like what?
luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts
What about, only wanting to date one race, would that be racist?
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
No. its called not liking them.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

what kind of questions are these?

because the freaking gay person is the same sex, they are male so how the f*** someone would be sexist if they f****** be disgusted to even imagine the act of a penis in the....oh forget it, Im really shocked this new trend of questions actually exists.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="MistressMinako"]My preferences don't usually revolve around race (even though, I would love to date other races other than my own but being on this site doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon). I think that is pretty silly because I guess I have seen lots of beautiful people of many races. But I guess not everyone thinks that. I think some people just haven't seen enough of that particular race to be attracted to at least one. But if that's how they feel then whatever. It's sad, though. I still get lumped up with the stereotypical black woman who yells and starts trouble. People keeping their eyes on me while shopping. I probably already purchased and own the stuff they think I am trying to steal anyway. :P

im mexican, same thing happens to me when im at best buy :(
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

theycallmeRP

Its something I've also noticed on OT, it seems people use these threads to express thier prejudices and try to look for re-enforcement and support for thier warped perspectives on other races.

Dont worry about it, this place is as removed from a representation of the real world, in fact Mixed race people are the fastest growing minority in the US and UK if my research is right

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
No. Thats like saying its homophobic not wanting to date another guy :lol:
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

It's not racist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
Nope totally a preference. What do you say to those people like myself who prefer to date outside their race? Are they racist towards themselves or their own race? Hardly.bluelf
Actually, yes, I think people who prefer to date outside of their race as equally as racist as people who prefer to date within their race.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Well first off, we have to lockdown the definition of racist. Racism is commonly misused these days.

• I don't want to date [insert race here] because I'm not attracted to her race. Not racist
  • I don't want to date [insert race here] because my race is superior. Racist
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

A girl actually called me a sexist for turning her down. Even if i wasn't gay I still would have turned her down, I prefer my partners to have at least 1 working brain cell left.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Well first off, we have to lockdown the definition of racist. Racism is commonly misused these days.

• I don't want to date [insert race here] because I'm not attracted to her race. Not racist

DroidPhysX

I just can't see how a persons tastes especially for men can exclude a entire race of people.. There are beautiful women in every race that most guys can agree on.. On average that may be the case overall but I honestly would never put it that way..

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

sSubZerOo

I just can't see how a persons tastes especially for men can exclude a entire race of people.. There are beautiful women in every race that most guys can agree on.. On average that may be the case overall but I honestly would never put it that way..

But the main point is whether it's racist not to date someone because you're not attracted to their race.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

how come when race issues are discussed people are always using black people as an example? its like, we're the only different race out their, that bugs me a little. Anyway, TC, I'm a guy and to help out my species i need to find a FEMALE mate to procreate with, I can't have a child with another guy so it doesn't make me sexist. Also, i think its dumb when people say their not attractive to "insert race". I mean to tell me you haven't see one pretty girl from that race? I call BS, and you shouldn't look at the skin of a person but who she is as a person.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DroidPhysX

how come when race issues are discussed people are always using black people as an example? its like, we're the only different race out their, that bugs me a little. Anyway, TC, I'm a guy and to help out my species i need to find a FEMALE mate to procreate with, I can't have a child with another guy so it doesn't make me sexist. Also, i think its dumb when people say their not attractive to "insert race". I mean to tell me you haven't see one pretty girl from that race? I call BS, and you shouldn't look at the skin of a person but who she is as a person.

Chris_Williams
But is it racist?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

But the main point is whether it's racist not to date someone because you're not attracted to their race.

I don't see how you could exclude a entire race.. There are physical features you may not find attractive thats more common in a certain race.. The problem with this is that all races have a IMMENSE range of different looks and physical attributes..

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

DroidPhysX
But is it racist?

do i think its racist? yes i do, but others will call it "preference", because your looking at her skin color first and ethnicity besides actually looking at the nice sweet girl you been looking for most of your life. So yeah i do find it racist when people don't like the notion of dating outside their race. Because we're the same, we're all humans. I find it funny that animals don't care about race, all their care about is..hmm your the same species as me, thats good enough for me. Why can't we do that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

Chris_Williams

But is it racist?

do i think its racist? yes i do, but others will call it "preference", because your looking at her skin color first and ethnicity besides actually looking at the nice sweet girl you been looking for most of your life. So yeah i do find it racist when people don't like the notion of dating outside their race. Because we're the same, we're all humans. I find it funny that animals don't care about race, all their care about is..hmm your the same species as me, thats good enough for me. Why can't we do that?

Especially when human beings show a shockingly wide range of physical differences within their own race to begin with.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
Depends. Scenario 1: "I won't date a black girl because I simply do not find them very attractive." No. Scenario 2: "I won't date a black girl because she my steal my stuff.". Yes.cd_rom
Neither of those would apply to me. I never would because I feel I may not be um....enough? If you know what I mean.
Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

In some sense it's racist yes. Because out of all the black women in the world you could not find even one that is attractive in some way.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

All I know is black women are the best

Avatar image for charlesdarwin55
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 charlesdarwin55
Member since 2010 • 2651 Posts
Absolutely yes! If a girl is hot an u choose not because of her race you're definitely racist. Now maybe u think one race doesn't have as many hotties it's a different thing, but all races have at leasr some hot girls. Unless u're a racist there is only one issue and issue only! Is she hot or not?
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Overlord93
Absolutely yes! If a girl is hot an u choose not because of her race you're definitely racist. Now maybe u think one race doesn't have as many hotties it's a different thing, but all races have at leasr some hot girls. Unless u're a racist there is only one issue and issue only! Is she hot or not?charlesdarwin55
every heard the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" nobody is "hot". They are just viewed that way by others. Some people will naturally not find people of other races attractive.
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 charlesdarwin55
[QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"]Absolutely yes! If a girl is hot an u choose not because of her race you're definitely racist. Now maybe u think one race doesn't have as many hotties it's a different thing, but all races have at leasr some hot girls. Unless u're a racist there is only one issue and issue only! Is she hot or not?Overlord93
every heard the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" nobody is "hot". They are just viewed that way by others. Some people will naturally not find people of other races attractive.

I seriously doubt that. There's so much variety in every race, I mean if u don't like black girls in general Then it's solely for tgeir skin color which can be lighter than a tanned white person. Excluding an entire race is 100% racist
xdeathpandax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 xdeathpandax
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

Of course it isn't racist, that's just like saying it's not right if you won't go out with someone who is really ugly in your opinion. Attraction is different for everybody, you will find a certain look more appealing - if that's a small facial feature or something as big as a different race that doesn't matter.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Overlord93
[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"]Absolutely yes! If a girl is hot an u choose not because of her race you're definitely racist. Now maybe u think one race doesn't have as many hotties it's a different thing, but all races have at leasr some hot girls. Unless u're a racist there is only one issue and issue only! Is she hot or not?charlesdarwin55

I seriously doubt that. There's so much variety in every race, I mean if u don't like black girls in general Then it's solely for tgeir skin color which can be lighter than a tanned white person. Excluding an entire race is 100% racist

Were not talking about not dating an entire race though are we, we're talking about not dating one particular person becuase of their race.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

not really it's perference

but if you do it out of stereotype then thats another story

personally, im black but i like all types of women

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zaibach

[QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"][QUOTE="Overlord93"] every heard the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" nobody is "hot". They are just viewed that way by others. Some people will naturally not find people of other races attractive.Overlord93

Were not talking about not dating an entire race though are we, we're talking about not dating one particular person becuase of their race.

sounds kinda racist, preference suggests you've atleast experienced being with that person from that race

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"] I seriously doubt that. There's so much variety in every race, I mean if u don't like black girls in general Then it's solely for tgeir skin color which can be lighter than a tanned white person. Excluding an entire race is 100% racistZaibach

sounds kinda racist, preference suggests you've atleast experienced being with that person from that race

No it isn't. I'm not discriminating if I choose not to go out with a girl I consider unnattractive so how is this any different? double standards.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"] Were not talking about not dating an entire race though are we, we're talking about not dating one particular person becuase of their race.Overlord93

No it isn't. I'm not discriminating if I choose not to go out with a girl I consider unnattractive so how is this any different? double standards.

It is racist if you find her attractiveness synonymous with her race.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]sounds kinda racist, preference suggests you've atleast experienced being with that person from that race

Zaibach

So lets say I like girls with big 'eyes' because I think they're cute, thats how my mind is programmed and that is what I like not out of choice but out of nature. So if a particular race has smaller less defined 'eyes' and I am thus less attracted to them, I'm a racist?
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"] No it isn't. I'm not discriminating if I choose not to go out with a girl I consider unnattractive so how is this any different? double standards.Overlord93

So lets say I like girls with big 'eyes' because I think they're cute, thats how my mind is programmed and that is what I like not out of choice but out of nature. So if a particular race has smaller less defined 'eyes' and I am thus less attracted to them, I'm a racist?

I dont see the connection to skin pigmentation or ethnicity

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]It is racist if you find her attractiveness synonymous with her race.

Zaibach

Ethnicity defines a variety of things including bone and facial struction as well as skin pigmentation.
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#89 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

Not racist and or sexist. Just a preference.OneShot112

I agree with this.

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 charlesdarwin55
[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"] So lets say I like girls with big 'eyes' because I think they're cute, thats how my mind is programmed and that is what I like not out of choice but out of nature. So if a particular race has smaller less defined 'eyes' and I am thus less attracted to them, I'm a racist?Overlord93

Ethnicity defines a variety of things including bone and facial struction as well as skin pigmentation.

Not really, the individual difference is bigger. Let's say u like big eyes. Sure asians generally asians have smaller eyes than europeans but I can guarantee there are asians with ginormous eyes and europeans with tiny eyes. Who would u choose (in this example). A: u choose the asian and thus u would date that race or B u r racist.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#91 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="Genetic_Code"][QUOTE="cd_rom"]Depends. Scenario 1: "I won't date a black girl because I simply do not find them very attractive." No. Scenario 2: "I won't date a black girl because she my steal my stuff.". Yes.

Some people don't find black girls attractive because they're black and some black girls do steal stuff.

so are there white girls that steal stuff, the point is that its racist if you say "I like dating white girls, but I dont like dating black girls BECAUSE THEY ALL STEAL MY STUFF!!!! 'CAUSE THEY ARE BLACK!" thats racist, but saying "I dont date black girls because I dont find them attractive" is not racist at all, its just a prefference.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
[QUOTE="Genetic_Code"][QUOTE="cd_rom"]Depends. Scenario 1: "I won't date a black girl because I simply do not find them very attractive." No. Scenario 2: "I won't date a black girl because she my steal my stuff.". Yes.

Some people don't find white girls attractive because they're white and some white girls do steal stuff
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]I dont see the connection to skin pigmentation or ethnicity

charlesdarwin55

Not really, the individual difference is bigger. Let's say u like big eyes. Sure asians generally asians have smaller eyes than europeans but I can guarantee there are asians with ginormous eyes and europeans with tiny eyes. Who would u choose (in this example). A: u choose the asian and thus u would date that race or B u r racist.

I'm not talking about not finding an entire race attractive/unattractive

I'm talking about 1 person, because of their race. Is that so hard to understand?

Lets say I like girls with smaller eyes in this example:

• I like girl A because she is from a race with small eyes
  • And girl B doesn't have small eyes, this is due to her race.

I therefor find girl B less attractive as a result of her race. I feel like I am repeating myself.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

I am naturally attracted to women of all different races. I am not attracted to men of any race. No, I'm not sexist. Personal choices in regard to relationships and intimacy have nothing to do with general fair treatment of other people. You're only sexist and/or racist of you allow your personal preferences to influence the general treatment of others.

hartsickdiscipl
This man is correct
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]Ethnicity defines a variety of things including bone and facial struction as well as skin pigmentation. Overlord93

I'm talking about 1 person, because of their race. Is that so hard to understand?

I therefor find girl B less attractive as a result of her race. I feel like I

But if girl A has bigger eyes than girl B? If u still choose A u don't take race into considerations in this case
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 charlesdarwin55
I like black girls with white features. Like a small a**. There are toofew of them though :(
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]

[QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"] Not really, the individual difference is bigger. Let's say u like big eyes. Sure asians generally asians have smaller eyes than europeans but I can guarantee there are asians with ginormous eyes and europeans with tiny eyes. Who would u choose (in this example). A: u choose the asian and thus u would date that race or B u r racist.charlesdarwin55

But if girl A has bigger eyes than girl B? If u still choose A u don't take race into considerations in this case

I might as well just repost exactly what I said in the last post. Read through it carefully.

It stated about choosing a girl over another because of a physical feature that was controlled by her race. This shouldn't be hard to understand. :?

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]I'm not talking about not finding an entire race attractive/unattractive

Overlord93

I might as well just repost exactly what I said in the last post. Read through it carefully.

It stated about choosing a girl over another because of a physical feature that was controlled by her race. This shouldn't be hard to understand. :?

Just answer the question. If A is from a race with generally small eyes but this individual has big enough eyes for you(since these kimds of thing varies also within races) would you be ok with dating her?
sworn-enemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sworn-enemy
Member since 2011 • 52 Posts
People are free to make there own choices one way or the other, at the end of the day they have to do what makes them happy.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Overlord93

Just answer the question. If A is from a race with generally small eyes but this individual has big enough eyes for you(since these kimds of thing varies also within races) would you be ok with dating her?charlesdarwin55
Well yes, we're talking about choosing a girl as a result of her physical features here, ones that are generally defined by race. As I have said hundreds of times. We are talking about not dating a girl because of her race.

a girl has a feature(ascociated with/a result of) her race

• I find her unattractive because of that feature

I am therefor choosing not to date her as a result of her race

If a girl of same race has a different feature (thus that feature is not one generally associated with her race) - Then that is a completely different argument, and since we are talking about choosing a girl due to her physical appearance then yes, if she has the physical appearance I find attractive, of course I'm going to"date her" in this scenario!

Absolutely yes! If u choose not because of her race you're definitely racist.

*"a girl is hot an" -removed for irrelevancecharlesdarwin55

I am responding to this (still :roll: )

Have I not proved that this is wrong? (via text in purple)