If an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, what happens?

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts
if plausible i think that if they do collide nothing would happen they would just be pushing on eachother and nothing happens. or it coulbe a catastrophy of catastrophic proportions
Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts
Falcon Punch?
Avatar image for HookedOnKiLLing
HookedOnKiLLing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 HookedOnKiLLing
Member since 2008 • 293 Posts

if plausible i think that if they do collide nothing would happen they would just be pushing on eachother and nothing happens. or it coulbe a catastrophy of catastrophic proportionskonvikt_17
\

ya thats wut i think.. if its either though it would go on forever.. they would either push against each other forever or there would be a never ending expanding explosion forever

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
That's a logically impossible scenario. Something that is unstoppable automatically makes it impossible for anything else to be immovable.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
[QUOTE="brandontwb"]The unstoppable force meets the immovable object and they stay together. The universe shifts to the same speed as the unstoppable moving object. The unstoppable force has not changed speed to the observer; it is still moving. The immovable force is staying in the same position because the universe, it's reference point is going the same speed, and keeping the immovable object in the same position. They are moving, but not moving. Problem solved.carrot-cake

So, wheres the universe "moving" to then?
Hah.

The opposite direction of the force.
swamprat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 swamprat_basic
Member since 2002 • 9145 Posts
Nothing happens; it's a dumb line.
boshlonavish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 boshlonavish
Member since 2005 • 1229 Posts
Nothing. They keep struggling against one other for the rest of eternity.
SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts
The unstoppable force is reflected off the immovable object. The force continues on and the object remains.
Avatar image for HookedOnKiLLing
HookedOnKiLLing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HookedOnKiLLing
Member since 2008 • 293 Posts

The unstoppable force is reflected off the immovable object. The force continues on and the object remains.SunofVich

but then that meens that unstoppable force is stoppable concidering it had to bounce off and move off course

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
CHUCK NORRIS DIES !!! ( i know. caps :) )
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
[QUOTE="thriteenthmonke"]Religion ThreadsKikouken
lmfao :lol:

That was kinda epic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
The force either goes under, over or through it.
Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts
An unmovable object and an unstoppable force are the same thing and only one can exist in any one universe.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
im guessing that once they meet its starts a never ending transfer of energyHookedOnKiLLing
Now look what you did. You made the Law of the Conservation of Energy cry. :(
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

[QUOTE="Kikouken"][QUOTE="thriteenthmonke"]Religion Threads-KinGz-
lmfao :lol:

That was kinda epic.

:shock: Now, that was clever.

Anyway, thanks TC... I've now got this track (along with accompanying creepy youtube video) stuck in my head. Antidote, anyone?

69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
They get married and start a new life together in Canada, Isn't it obvious :P Nah, probably will just destroy the world in some gruesome way.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

In the question of the Unstoppable Force meeting the Immovable Object, you can only come to a conclusion of who would when by knowing the character's clas and specialization...

Yes, I just made a World of Warcraft joke...

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#68 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

this can be tested in world of warcraft as both items exist ( unstoppable force is a crappy grey mace and immovable object is a shield) and nothing happens.nimatoad2000

Actually, "the unstoppable force" was originally a 2-hand mace of epic quality, which granted the weilder a % chance to physically knock back the opponent, making him/her fly into the air in a backwards motion. Obviously they removed this unique trait, since there were too many ways to exploit this knockback-effect. The immovable object, again of epic quality, granted the weilder immunity to all knockback-effects, again, of obvious reasons they removed this unique trait. When i duelled a person who had the immovable object equipped, it negated my unstoppable force - thus making the immovable object the victor of that power struggle.

To get back to the topic, there is no such thing as an "unstoppable force" in the world of metaphysics, unless you specifically define the traits of what makes up the unstoppable force. If you do not define the specifics, the unstoppable force actually has the same qualities as the immovable object, for the unstoppable force needs the traits of the immovable object to actually be an unstoppable force. I deem this question irrelevant, since it is formulated by abstract terminology.

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
The force goes through the path of least resistance which would be anywhere except the immovable object.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127534 Posts
They collide :P
Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
take one egg, drop from 1 metre. problem solved.
Avatar image for illegalimigrant
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 illegalimigrant
Member since 2008 • 1402 Posts
The universe divides by 0. And then there is nothingGuybrush_3
You would have to press ctrl alt delete.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
The unstoppable force meets the immovable object and they stay together. The universe shifts to the same speed as the unstoppable moving object. The unstoppable force has not changed speed to the observer; it is still moving. The immovable force is staying in the same position because the universe, it's reference point is going the same speed, and keeping the immovable object in the same position. They are moving, but not moving. Problem solved.brandontwb
Wouldn't that send the earth into a sprialing chaos that would kill us all?
Avatar image for deactivated-58188738395f3
deactivated-58188738395f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-58188738395f3
Member since 2008 • 1161 Posts

The force goes through the object? Or goes around it?fkholmes

I think this is what happens. But if the immovable object is infinite in size and extent then it's impossible to go around it, only through it.

Anyway the existence of an unstoppable force and an immovable object is fictitious I think and cannot exist in reality.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
An unmovable object and an unstoppable force are the same thing and only one can exist in any one universe.bean-with-bacon
not at all. imagine if either isn't effected by the universe and hence would not be stopped or moved.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BiancaDK

[QUOTE="fkholmes"]The force goes through the object? Or goes around it?X4D

I think this is what happens. But if the immovable object is infinite in size and extent then it's impossible to go around it, only through it.

Anyway the existence of an unstoppable force and an immovable object is fictitious I think and cannot exist in reality.

rofl. Really. Please read what you just wrote. ".. is infinite in size and extent then it´s impossible to go around it, only through it."

How do you go through what is infinite in size, since that is the thesis you proposed? What, you just keep on going thru the infinity? There is no metrics the second you draw infinite size into the calculation.

*sigh*

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts
[QUOTE="X4D"]

[QUOTE="fkholmes"]The force goes through the object? Or goes around it?BiancaDK

rofl. Really. Please read what you just wrote. ".. is infinite in size and extent then it´s impossible to go around it, only through it."

How do you go through what is infinite in size, since that is the thesis you proposed? What, you just keep on going thru the infinity? There is no metrics the second you draw infinite size into the calculation.

*sigh*

Which is why some people go on to become scientists and some don't, and why I have refrained from posting in this thread all together. :P

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
you're loser
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BiancaDK

"Which is why some people go on to become scientists and some don't, and why I have refrained from posting in this thread all together. "

I see where you´re coming from with this, but the topic intrigues me :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-58188738395f3

yet how could something be there without a beginning leonard88

Just because human life has a beginning and end doesn't mean the universe has. As humans it's impossible for us to imagine that something could have existed for eternity. Also we have to remember that something cannot come from nothing. Also nothing could not have existed in the past because we do. This means that something has always existed. This 'something' is what we call the universe.

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
You realize that neither exists and never will
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I have a question. How can something be unmoveable or unstoppable? Perhaps these things could never exist, thus the universe would never have to solve such a paradox.

That or the unstoppable object bounces off the unmoveable object.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BiancaDK

[QUOTE="leonard88"]yet how could something be there without a beginning X4D

Just because human life has a beginning and end doesn't mean the universe has. As humans it's impossible for us to imagine that something could have existed for eternity. Also we have to remember that something cannot come from nothing. Also nothing could not have existed in the past because we do. This means that something has always existed. This 'something' is what we call the universe.

I think of the variables that could be presented when infinity and eternity is combined, almost on a daily basis. And i am quite human.

You say that we apparently have to remember that something cannot come from nothing. To me, it seems, that you yourself cannot grasp the possibilities that eternity may represent. Besides, what is "something" and what is "nothing". Are we talking about the presence of khaos versus what is...? It seems to me like you presume alot of things regarding the universe, as if they were a given, but in all honesty, it seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy, if your arguement is followed thru.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BiancaDK

I have a question. How can something be unmoveable or unstoppable? Perhaps these things could never exist, thus the universe would never have to solve such a paradox.

DigitalExile

The elements described in the question is of pseudo-ontological quality. Do not be trapped by it, for it is no more relevant to the world of which it dwells in, than this false paradox:

Everything i say is a lie, but if so, is this statement then truthful?

Be logical, apply reason :)

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
The unstoppable force changes direction but retains it's energy.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DigitalExile
[QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

BiancaDK

The elements described in the question is of pseudo-ontological quality. Do not be trapped by it, for it is no more relevant to the world of which it dwells in, than this false paradox:

4/17 posts of yours I have read. None I understand, but all I like. It's like poetry... except it's some sick poetry using words that poison my soul through confusion.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BiancaDK
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"][QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

DigitalExile

4/17 posts of yours I have read. None I understand, but all I like. It's like poetry... except it's some sick poetry using words that poison my soul through confusion.

I apologize, i´m not trying to confuse you, or anyone else, i´m just trying to be specific and punctual, something which is of dire need when adressing issues such as these. If i do not apply adherence to the nature of the question given, i might aswell just open my mouth and say nothing of relevance, like 90% of the other people in this forum.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DigitalExile

If i do not apply adherence to the nature of the question given, i might aswell just open my mouth and say nothing of relevance, like 90% of the other people in this forum.

BiancaDK
I usually just try to think up some lame joke and run with that. =P
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BiancaDK
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]

If i do not apply adherence to the nature of the question given, i might aswell just open my mouth and say nothing of relevance, like 90% of the other people in this forum.

DigitalExile

I usually just try to think up some lame joke and run with that. =P

i´ll try that, if the rhetoric persists on being circular lol

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#90 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts
It only needs a little push... :P (HEEEHEEHAAHEHEHEHE... Joker)
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Redgarl
You realize that neither exists and never willWhicker89
It's a quote from The Joker...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-58188738395f3
I think of the variables that could be presented when infinity and eternity is combined, almost on a daily basis. And i am quite human.

You say that we apparently have to remember that something cannot come from nothing. To me, it seems, that you yourself cannot grasp the possibilities that eternity may represent. Besides, what is "something" and what is "nothing". Are we talking about the presence of khaos versus what is...? It seems to me like you presume alot of things regarding the universe, as if they were a given, but in all honesty, it seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy, if your arguement is followed thru.

BiancaDK

The use of the word 'nothing' has a very special meaning in this context, unlike our every day use of the word. It means here quite literally nothing, the complete absence of everything: matter, energy and their particles. By definition then nothing must be an infinite void. If nothing exists it would HAVE to be infinite. This is a result of it not being allowed any boundaries, as a boundary would place a limit on nothing's size and furthermore would also indicate that there was something existing on the 'other ' side of the boundary, apart from the boundary itself existing. This would be contrary to our definition of both infinite and of nothing. This also, it should be noted, excludes anything existing in any other dimension, or dimensions, as a dimension would then be a boundary. Nothing then, when described asan infinite void, excludes all possibility of anything else existing, anywhere.

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Where%20universe%20from.htm

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Whicker89
[QUOTE="Whicker89"]You realize that neither exists and never willRedgarl

Oh really?
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]You realize that neither exists and never willWhicker89

Oh really?

You know that to their eyes, you are simply a freak...
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DigitalExile
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]You realize that neither exists and never willWhicker89

Oh really?
*pic*

I didn't know what's it's from. Not everyone likes Batman, or has seen the movie.
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Whicker89
[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]It's a quote from The Joker...Redgarl

Oh really?

Better a freak than a monster
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 BiancaDK
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]I think of the variables that could be presented when infinity and eternity is combined, almost on a daily basis. And i am quite human.

X4D

The use of the word 'nothing' has a very special meaning in this context, unlike our every day use of the word. It means here quite literally nothing, the complete absence of everything: matter, energy and their particles. By definition then nothing must be an infinite void. If nothing exists it would HAVE to be infinite. This is a result of it not being allowed any boundaries, as a boundary would place a limit on nothing's size and furthermore would also indicate that there was something existing on the 'other ' side of the boundary, apart from the boundary itself existing. This would be contrary to our definition of both infinite and of nothing. This also, it should be noted, excludes anything existing in any other dimension, or dimensions, as a dimension would then be a boundary. Nothing then, when described asan infinite void, excludes all possibility of anything else existing, anywhere.

Your description of absolute nothing is beautiful, and the logic is flawless! But you dont need me to tell you that :P Thank you for clearing it up for me, i do believe we are on the same page now :)

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Redgarl

[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]
Oh really?
Whicker89

Better a freak than a monster

You have nothing... nothing to threaten me with... with all your strenght.

Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
absolutely nothing
cheeselover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points