deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

It is pointless because it focuses on problems that have already been solved, whilst entirely ignoring legitimate abuses towards women in other cultures.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

It's trash

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

All of their goals dont actually exist/have already been solved. So its a pointless movement that is currently a cancer on society.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

3rd wave feminism is about equity rather than equality.

It's trash, women have the same rights that men do in the west, and if habits that men have bother you, that's not feminism.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I want changed is the high price of feminine hygiene products because aim pretty sure men don't want the ladies in their lives to reek or bleed on their expensive stuff just as much as the ladies do. And stop it with the she was wearing this so she's asking for it mentality. It doesn't excuse the fact a human being made the conscious decision to commit rape. I think men want that too because they have girlfriends, moms, wives, sisters and daughters they love. I also want these so called modern feminist to fight for our men. Men get told to bottle their emotions otherwise they be seen as weak, that might lead to mental health problems. And also men get raped too why is no one fighting for them. I'd want the douche who hurt and traumatized a male in my life to pay. Mostly I just want humans to not suck anymore but that particular wish might be out of reach. If these women can't fight for all I'm calling them fake feminist because society doesn't just hurt women

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

It's ridiculous and lacks cohesiveness. If they fought for the rights of women in the Middle East then it would at least serve a noble purpose.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

Don't care one way or another.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

It's a disease, nothing more.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

1st wave feminism - fantastic

2nd wave feminism - fantastic

3rd wave feminism - disgusting and useless.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

I remember hearing during a discussion that given that such a small percentage of women today identify as a feminist. Women in large, do not agree with the views, or care about the things modern day feminists like to discuss.

That's quite the indicator that feminism, is a hijacked movement that has lost sight of what women actually want or need. The pay gap in particular, has been debunked several times. Women who choose to be housewives, have repeatedly been insulted and belittled by feminists. And quite frankly, women frequently have personal problems with other women.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

It is literal cancer. I have heard stories of feminazis turning on each other. White feminazis aren't real feminazis and such so not only do normal people hate them they hate each other too.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

It's a hate movement, little more. The day feminism dies is a day men and women are drawn closer together.

PS glad the thread hasn't been shut down YET.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

It's unescessery, it's not the 1920s anymore

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

First world problem for spoilt women

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Too busy dating beautiful women to even care about Feminism.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Had they focused on overall womens rights in places that lacks it, places where women are discouraged, often violently, from getting an education, a job, etc. Then they'd be following in the footsteps of the women who fought to ensure equal rights and opportunities. And by all means there are those that do and they ought to be praised.

But when the vocal parts are focusing on and getting outraged over men sitting with their legs apart, women who chose to be housewives, and that a entertainment medium lacks fictional female protaganists. All of which is either easily fixed or is utterly insignificant. It does come off as highly unserious when you take into consideration the work feminists did before and what they actually could focus on today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Once too many dudes join the feminist movement I'm out.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By themajormayor

@Celsius765: I don't want to pay for your hygiene products. And I can pay for the women of my life myself if necessary.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

It is pointless because it focuses on problems that have already been solved, whilst entirely ignoring legitimate abuses towards women in other cultures.

Pretty much.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 themajormayor

@kekistan: yes

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Celsius765

@themajormayor: No I said eliminate the price hike not make men pay for it. There's no reason women should be paying more to get stuff to deal with our mandatory bodily function.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

It triggers a lot of sad, pathetic men who have probably never touched a woman before so it's a-okay in my book.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 themajormayor

@Celsius765 said:

@themajormayor: No I said eliminate the price hike not make men pay for it. There's no reason women should be paying more to get stuff to deal with our mandatory bodily function.

And how should that be achieved?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 themajormayor

@perfect_blue said:

It triggers a lot of sad, pathetic men who have probably never touched a woman before so it's a-okay in my book.

Virgin shaming!

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

The movement is disparate and unorganized, but America still needs it. It is the only 1st world nation with no paid maternity or paternity leave. And yes, I included paternity leave in there because it helps make both parents more equal partners in the child rearing process, and is therefore in line with feminist ideals. Much of the current income disparity would get more balanced just by doing that.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

In most first world countries today... Isn't women themselves the biggest issue 3rd wave feminism have?

@jak42 said:

I remember hearing during a discussion that given that such a small percentage of women today identify as a feminist. Women in large, do not agree with the views, or care about the things modern day feminists like to discuss.

That's quite the indicator that feminism, is a hijacked movement that has lost sight of what women actually want or need. The pay gap in particular, has been debunked several times. Women who choose to be housewives, have repeatedly been insulted and belittled by feminists. And quite frankly, women frequently have personal problems with other women.

I believe we agree...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Its a cancer

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#30  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

1st wave feminism - fantastic

2nd wave feminism - fantastic

3rd wave feminism - disgusting and useless.

Pretty much. 3rd wave feminism is actually about shifting the tables towards women instead of keeping everything balanced. Case in point: Anita Sarkeesian actually said she wanted to see more women than men in gaming. That is not equality.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Celsius765

@themajormayor: No more sales tax on feminine hygiene products. There are plenty of optional things that can be taxed. Like hair dyes, colognes/perfumes, junk food, and other non essentials. A women can't up decide to turn off her menstrual cycle and they really need these things to get thsee things. I'd also recommend a minimum wage hike for all not just women. The more money people have the more the can spend.(this might be good I hear it's pretty scary getting by as a college student pizza and Ramen noodle diet anyone)

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Celsius765

@JustPlainLucas: 10-20% more women would be nice.....that is if we still have decent writers still in the industry. I wouldn't even mind if they were eye candy if they're well written.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Don't know. Most people (including women) where I am act normal. It's not like they're in my face with their issues.

dante1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dante1972
Member since 2004 • 934 Posts

A pathetic joke.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@kekistan said:

Its an absolute cancer in any society.

Modern Third wave feminism is the biggest threat to humanity at the moment.

Not Russians, Not Isis, not Global warming, not immigration, not North Korea, not Trump. But feminism.

May I seek asylum in Kekistan?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i don't give a *****

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#38  Edited By DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

I've said it before, but I think the primary problem with modern feminism is it is reaching the end of its useful life.

Any movement has a set of goals. However, as you approach these goals, the number of rational members of your movement begin to decline as they are satisfied with what you have accomplished. However, the irrational ones remain as they are irrational. As such, the closer and closer you get to the ultimate goal, the more and more irrational the movement becomes. I think feminism is well into this pattern.

However, it should be noted that Feminism was never pure. It always had it's irrational nut cases. Just by proportion there was less of them before and even then they could complain mostly about legitimate issues. As the legitimate issues have dried up, and rational members come to believe the situation is satisfactory, the irrational voices have gain more and more prominence.

bfa1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 bfa1509
Member since 2011 • 1058 Posts

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised at the resounding consensus on feminism in this thread. Maybe the PC brigade is finally losing steam.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

@themajormayor: No more sales tax on feminine hygiene products. There are plenty of optional things that can be taxed. Like hair dyes, colognes/perfumes, junk food, and other non essentials. A women can't up decide to turn off her menstrual cycle and they really need these things to get thsee things. I'd also recommend a minimum wage hike for all not just women. The more money people have the more the can spend.(this might be good I hear it's pretty scary getting by as a college student pizza and Ramen noodle diet anyone)

That's *not* how economics work.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@bfa1509 said:

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised at the resounding consensus on feminism in this thread. Maybe the PC brigade is finally losing steam.

You should ask the same question here in Political Gamers...

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Modern feminism in the Western world is a joke. Hell, it really isn't even feminism. Female supremacy or narcissism are better descriptors. Most of these "feminists" are whiny brats who can't accept that other people have differing opinions than them. They yell if you present facts to them. Most of them are white, yet they bash white males and pretend they rule over women in an imaginary patriarchy. They whine about topics like the portrayal of women in video games or lack of "safe spaces" or "microaggressions", when there are women in some countries who are barred from voting, getting an education, getting a job, and even driving (in Saudi Arabia anyway). They are forced to a obey a strict dress code and violations result in beatings and public humiliation.

What these idiot "feminists" don't realize is that they have it better than most of the world's population, both men and women. They complain about a made up patriarchy while women in conservative Muslim countries live under actual patriarchies.

They are also massively hypocritical. They'll tear you new ass hole if you mention the injustices women face in much of the Islamic world. They'll call you a racist because they'll say that's part of their culture or some nonsense. Human rights violations are human rights violations, whether or not they are part of a culture. And if human rights violations are part of a culture, it really tells you something about that culture; it makes you question if all cultures are equal. Not to mention "Muslim" is not a race. The number of Americans who think Muslims are a race is too damn high. Little do they know that the largest Muslim country is Indonesia, a Southeast Asian country that ranks fourth in population behind China, India, and the US.

TL;DR: Modern feminism in the West is largely redundant, filled with mostly whiny white women who think they're oppressed, and feminism needs to spread to the countries that need it most, especially in the Islamic world.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

In b4 a bunch of angry comments from men. Oh, nope, too late.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Great. A feminism opinion thread on a male dominated gaming forum.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

modern feminism, like third-wave feminism?

It avoids what it should focus on (equality) and instead focuses on what it should avoid (tipping the scales). They're not out for justice or equality or to be fair; they're out for revenge, payback, and attention.

Feminism, in general, is pretty awesome but only when practiced as a subset of the general practice of equality.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Shmiity said:

Great. A feminism opinion thread on a male dominated gaming forum.

@Serraph105 said:

You apparently have not heard women talk a bout bad feminists, have you?

They hate them more than most men. Men are just like "Oh they're annoying"

Women (true feminists, I mean) actually feel like they're (bad feminists) setting them back, they are negatively impacting their lives.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mrbojangles25

@thehig1 said:

It's unescessery, it's not the 1920s anymore

You say that, but as we have come to find out, it's still men signing and passing laws that literally tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Have we really come as far as we think we have? Not really.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you all those bimbos with the vagina hats had a point or that Madonna was right, and that political correctness is acceptable, but there is still a need for real feminism in this country. We have a bunch of sick, crusty white old farts signing away the rights of vaginas and ovaries of women across the nation for what? Religious reasons? Some other nonsense?

GTFO of here with that nonsense.

I'm sorry, I don't like a lot of feminism (most of modern feminism, actually), but when you come in here and be like "Oh it's not the 1920's anymore" like women don't really have problems any more, you're full of it. My sister makes 20k more per year than her husband, but they have two kids and she is still expected to give up her job, stay at home, take care of the kids because my brother in law is the man...and they're pretty damn progressive, too!

We are not as advanced as we think we are. The US is still a backwards country in many many many ways.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@mrbojangles25: the last example you gave doesn't really apply in the UK.

Maybe the UK is more progressive than US

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

You and the guy who whined about triggering males are the only angry men here. Tiny, angry men.