I think I have a personality disorder. Advice?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
Firstly, I'd like to say thanks for all the helpful replies. I've spent the past ~24 hours considering what you guys have said. I've decided to hopefully talk to my friend this week about my problem using my previous post as a guideline for topics. Afterwards, I'll ask one of my teachers what would be the best way to approach my counselor about all of this.
Penguinchow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Penguinchow
Member since 2006 • 1629 Posts
Don't research symptoms on the internet. That leads to hypochondria trust me. Been there done that.
hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

That sucks man. I also have a disorder (but its a physical one) that really sucks and makes me depressed constantly.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
Why are people these days so convinced that they have some disorder or that there is something wrong with them? Seriously TC, if you don't love your human drive, then you will have this "disorder". It's up to you to fix it. I strongly doubt such a "disorder" would require medication or expensive therapy.
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#55 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
Dont worry about it, there really isn't a such thing as a "personality disorder". It's part of YOUR personality. Dont let society tell you you are better off as something else.
jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts

Go see a professional -- a psychologist. You are not qualified to self-diagnose.