I question the militarys of the world

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

instead of making nuclear weapons and bombs and stronger guns...why not just make a full body armor that can resist all of the above? wouldnt that prevent war?

Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts

That's easier said than done...

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cee1gee

bangell99
well instead of making huge tanks and all these aircrafts...they can just make suit of armor...its smaller
gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts

Because full body armor is for girly men.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cee1gee

Because full body armor is for girly men.

gatorteen
alot of halo fans are gonna be mad at you lol...anyways..how is it girly? thats like saying firefighters are girly when they wear protective fire gear
Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

instead of making nuclear weapons and bombs and stronger guns...why not just make a full body armor that can resist all of the above? wouldnt that prevent war?

cee1gee

>_>

Try that all you want, but its just a ridiculous undertaking in the end. The materials are out there to create body armor that is technically impenetrable, but will fail to protect the user inside. The KE transfer will mean that the guys innards will be paste while the armor itself will in all likelyhood be intact. Theres also that niggling fact if that said armor was to be made, then whatever enemy wants to penetrate it will naturally create some form of new weapon that will penetrate said armor in the first place. Theres also the issue of technological disparity between nations that will mean that a good lot of the world will not be privileged to such technology in the first place. Sorry, but you don't end wars by giving your soldiers a fancy new vest.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cee1gee

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]

doanm

>_>

Try that all you want, but its just a ridiculous undertaking in the end. The materials are out there to create body armor that is technically impenetrable, but will fail to protect the user inside. The KE transfer will mean that the guys innards will be paste while the armor itself will in all likelyhood be intact. Theres also that niggling fact if that said armor was to be made, then whatever enemy wants to penetrate it will naturally create some form of new weapon that will penetrate said armor in the first place. Theres also the issue of technological disparity between nations that will mean that a good lot of the world will not be privileged to such technology in the first place. Sorry, but you don't end wars by giving your soldiers a fancy new vest.

ok lets say the U.S had these "fancy new vests" and you were another country..would you start a war with them? or completely avoid them?
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
huge tankscee1gee
A main part of a tank is the armor.... Also that's not really possible, offensive capabilities far out weigh defensive. Also large defensive capabilities lower manoeuvrability much more so than large offensive capabilities. Also a top military tactic is to strike quick and hard, sitting still and trying to defend yourself tends to end in your demise. As enemies have time to prepare siege equipment also the siege strategy can make the need to destroy the enemy physically redundant as you just have to wait for the enemy to starve which also makes your armor completely useless.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 markop2003

ok lets say the U.S had these "fancy new vests" and you were another country..would you start a war with them? or completely avoid them?cee1gee
Yes because no feasible armor can stand up to something like a bunker buster, even if it's on a tank. It's a much better tactic to destroy the plane carrying the bomb than attempt to armor yourself against it.

... Also a vest dosn't protect you from having your legs blown off, being poisened by chemicals, being burnt by incenedries or being infected by bio-warfare

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cee1gee
[QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="cee1gee"] ok lets say the U.S had these "fancy new vests" and you were another country..would you start a war with them? or completely avoid them?

Yes because no feasible armor can stand up to something like a bunker buster, even if it's on a tank. It's a much better tactic to destroy the plane carrying the bomb than attempt to armor yourself against it.

well i would think having full protective armor that withstands anything is sorta like "dont mess with us" just like how some countries use the "we have nukes dont mess with us" mentality
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cee1gee

[QUOTE="cee1gee"] ok lets say the U.S had these "fancy new vests" and you were another country..would you start a war with them? or completely avoid them?markop2003

... Also a vest dosn't protect you from having your legs blown off, being poisened by chemicals, being burnt by incenedries or being infected by bio-warfare

a full body armor does

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

ok lets say the U.S had these "fancy new vests" and you were another country..would you start a war with them? or completely avoid them?cee1gee

[laywers answer] It depends [/lawyers answer] Were I to start a war with them, its highly dependent on the circumstances that I would want to start the war in the first place. And which country I will engage with to incite US involvement in any given war. You see, this part is really, really important because if I do engage one of the US allies in war, then those guys are still going to be receiving casualties since they don't have this "impenetrable armor", which would already disprove the claims that a fancy new vest is going to prevent wars. Oh yeah, and for all I care I could already have new technology that could actually penetrate said armor so I could be more then technology prepared to face my adversary.

But I will want to bring this up first.Taliban forces who are already engaged with war against the US in Afghanistan already do whatever they can to avoid the most direct confrontation possible when ever they engage with said forces. Already there are instances of forces who are very smart in choosing the right kind of terrain to engage the enemy in, in order to deprive the use of armored vehicles in certain combat areas. In some cases, the enemy is never even encountered(I.E. IEDs) or they just end up blowing themselves up.

Look, wars are not going to be stopped because one nation is going to wear something that stops shrapnels or bullets for as long as the enemy doesn't make a counter. What really stops war is a sufficiently competent amount of Diplomacy that if your lucky enough, will stop a war from taking place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

well i would think having full protective armor that withstands anything is sorta like "dont mess with us" just like how some countries use the "we have nukes dont mess with us" mentalitycee1gee
I'm going to restate this:

The KE transfer will mean that the guys innards will be paste while the armor itself will in all likelyhood be intact.

That is of course, assuming that the armor even does technically "protect" the user fully in the first place.

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts

[QUOTE="markop2003"]

[QUOTE="cee1gee"] ok lets say the U.S had these "fancy new vests" and you were another country..would you start a war with them? or completely avoid them?cee1gee

a full body armor does

The strongest full body armor that can be developed could probably get destroyed by a two liter bottle with dry ice in it.

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

cee1gee

money my good man. it is not cost effective for any military to outfit their soldiers with state of the art body armor. also, like others have stated already. some weapons would still kill the soldier regardless of what kind of body armor they are wearing. back to the old drawing board tc:P

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
It costs more money to build an exoskeleton than it would to build an armored vehicle, so that's one problem. Plus, think of the fact that the best bulletproof vest will keep the bullet from piercing the skin, but it still hurts and you get a bruise. Now imagine that from a bomb or something. The body under the armor is still going to get hurt and can only take so much, especially since armor has to be weaker at the joints in order to move.
0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts
Yeah.. a body suit that can resist a nuke? Besides, the purpose of war is to destroy the enemy. The best things at doing that are bigger bombs and better guns. It's just how it works. They are working on improved body armor but it is no where near what you're suggesting.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 markop2003

[QUOTE="cee1gee"] well i would think having full protective armor that withstands anything is sorta like "dont mess with us" just like how some countries use the "we have nukes dont mess with us" mentalitydoanm

I'm going to restate this:

The KE transfer will mean that the guys innards will be paste while the armor itself will in all likelyhood be intact.

That is of course, assuming that the armor even does technically "protect" the user fully in the first place.

Also note squash heads use an armo's thickness against it by breaking off a piece inside the armor which bounces round inside as shrapnel.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

Unless you've discovered some alien technology based on unknown science. There is NO body armor that will ever protect you from a close range (less than half mile) nuclear blast radius

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
There's no full body armor that can protect you against a nuclear weapon or even a strong enough bomb.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cee1gee
[QUOTE="0Tyler0"]Yeah.. a body suit that can resist a nuke? Besides, the purpose of war is to destroy the enemy. The best things at doing that are bigger bombs and better guns. It's just how it works. They are working on improved body armor but it is no where near what you're suggesting.

you have to have an open mind..why wouldnt it resist a nuke..we built nukes im sure we can build something that is nuke resistant..comon
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I'd like to see any substance that can repel high amounts of radiaton caused by a nuclear blast.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
I'd like to see any substance that can repel high amounts of radiaton caused by a nuclear blast.Treflis
Lead can... 2 feet of it
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cee1gee
[QUOTE="Treflis"]I'd like to see any substance that can repel high amounts of radiaton caused by a nuclear blast.munu9
Lead can... 2 feet of it

some guy built a suit of armor with lead in it...i believe he also got attacked by a bear and it did nothing to him..also got hit by a car and was fine
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

It wouldn't be cost effective.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Riiiiight? Make a suit that cant be blown up or shot through. Good luck with that. Sci Fi stands or science fiction you know.

DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DucksBrains
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts
[QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="0Tyler0"]Yeah.. a body suit that can resist a nuke? Besides, the purpose of war is to destroy the enemy. The best things at doing that are bigger bombs and better guns. It's just how it works. They are working on improved body armor but it is no where near what you're suggesting.

you have to have an open mind..why wouldnt it resist a nuke..we built nukes im sure we can build something that is nuke resistant..comon

Come back to me when you understand what reality and practical application is.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 markop2003
[QUOTE="munu9"][QUOTE="Treflis"]I'd like to see any substance that can repel high amounts of radiaton caused by a nuclear blast.cee1gee
Lead can... 2 feet of it

some guy built a suit of armor with lead in it...i believe he also got attacked by a bear and it did nothing to him..also got hit by a car and was fine

You know why lead blocks radiation right? Because of it's density, a protective suit capable of protecting you from the radiation from a direct nuke attack would weigh 10tons+, though you'ld still be cooked alive inside by the extreme temperatures.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

some guy built a suit of armor with lead in it...i believe he also got attacked by a bear and it did nothing to him..also got hit by a car and was finecee1gee

A car and a bear.... Those don't quite match the power of high velocity lead.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

[QUOTE="bangell99"]

cee1gee

well instead of making huge tanks and all these aircrafts...they can just make suit of armor...its smaller

Full body armor that fully resists bullets and nukes?

That's quite hard to pull off.

I mean I don't even think we have the technology to even build armor that resists nukes.

If we do then they probably can't mass distribute it because it will probably be very difficult to make

And if we actually do make them, then other milataries will make bullets that penetrate that armor.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
someone has been playing too much crysis.
knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 knight0151

someone has been playing too much crysis.GazaAli

Naw

More like someone who really didn't think this through..

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]someone has been playing too much crysis.knight0151

Naw

"ehhhhhh,it could be.so long folks!"
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cee1gee

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]someone has been playing too much crysis.knight0151

Naw

hey cant a kid have a dream?
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Even if they could make an armor that resisted a nuclear blast, they'd probably fly through the air and die just from the blunt impact.
the-wayward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the-wayward
Member since 2009 • 732 Posts

I question the militarys of the world ??????:shock:

I KNEW THE OT IS FBI'S !!!!!

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

They are getting there. Dragonskin minimizes force from stopped bullets, so when that tech is further developed it would probably reach the point of explosives.. nuclear weapons on the other hand.. lol. Another thing to factor in is cost.

jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

I'm sorry to say this, but it is a fact that there is no perfect protective armor that can be made, and even more sadly, no one can be made bulletproof by any means. Even if they were, there are many more issues that come into play. What would be the cost of equiping thousands upon thousands of soldiers with these devices? Why would the enemy not just switch to bombs, rockets, or mortars instead of bullets? Why not just take out the helicopter or AFV that the soldiers are coming in on? Why not directly attack their base, when some of them might not have their armor on? What if the enemy gets ahold of this armor and you find the tables turning against you in battle? The best and most potent enemy will always adapt. I'm sorry, but it just wouldn't work. I believe very strongly in military deterence myself, but having just protective armor that can theoretically protect the user from anything does not exist and even if it did, it would not be practical, feasible, or advisable.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 knight0151

[QUOTE="knight0151"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]someone has been playing too much crysis.cee1gee

Naw

Absolutely not.

Avatar image for doggy47perfecto
doggy47perfecto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 doggy47perfecto
Member since 2004 • 3646 Posts

yea or just spend the defense budget on peaceful means of avoiding war and confrontation

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 markop2003
[QUOTE="cee1gee"] hey cant a kid have a dream?

Certainly not.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cee1gee

[QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="knight0151"]

Naw

knight0151

Absolutely not.

lmao
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
Is this a serious post?
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

yea or just spend the defense budget on peaceful means of avoiding war and confrontation

doggy47perfecto

Not always possible though.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cee1gee
Is this a serious post?lettuceman44
yes
shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shaunk89
Member since 2009 • 945 Posts

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]

ok lets say the U.S had these "fancy new vests" and you were another country..would you start a war with them? or completely avoid them?doanm

[laywers answer] It depends [/lawyers answer] Were I to start a war with them, its highly dependent on the circumstances that I would want to start the war in the first place. And which country I will engage with to incite US involvement in any given war. You see, this part is really, really important because if I do engage one of the US allies in war, then those guys are still going to be receiving casualties since they don't have this "impenetrable armor", which would already disprove the claims that a fancy new vest is going to prevent wars. Oh yeah, and for all I care I could already have new technology that could actually penetrate said armor so I could be more then technology prepared to face my adversary.

But I will want to bring this up first.Taliban forces who are already engaged with war against the US in Afghanistan already do whatever they can to avoid the most direct confrontation possible when ever they engage with said forces. Already there are instances of forces who are very smart in choosing the right kind of terrain to engage the enemy in, in order to deprive the use of armored vehicles in certain combat areas. In some cases, the enemy is never even encountered(I.E. IEDs) or they just end up blowing themselves up.

Look, wars are not going to be stopped because one nation is going to wear something that stops shrapnels or bullets for as long as the enemy doesn't make a counter. What really stops war is a sufficiently competent amount of Diplomacy that if your lucky enough, will stop a war from taking place.

Yeah, this.

An arms race for some kind of super-armour is no different to an arms race for some kind of super-weapon. They tend to happen simultaneously anyhow. You develop weapons to counter your enemy's defences, so they develop better defences, and so on. But they also build weapons, so your defences have to improve.

Also, nations don't actually make weapons tech. Companies do, then countries buy them. So whatever is being developed by these private entities is all that can be bought. And they aren't going to make fancy armour at the expense of really cool shooty things, because shooty things are far more exciting, and easier to sell.

mixedplanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mixedplanet
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

why dont say stop making weapons and make bunkers that can withstand anything...... it will be more efficient.....

grenadexjumpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 grenadexjumpr
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts

Why not focus on something more realistic?

Like sharks with laser beams attached to their frickin heads.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
honestly we made nukes we can make halo-esque armour suits.