I just saw INCEPTION......

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Well it was really interesting but I wouldn't call it the best ever. Still a good movie though.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I thought it was a good movie, but wasn't memorable.

ContraQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ContraQueen
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts

I liked it a lot but it definitely wasn't my favourite movie. And not my favourite movie by Christopher Nolan either.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
I want to watch the movie.When is the blu-ray releasing?
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I didn't like it that much, it just didn't hold my interest and I got bored. Maybe I'm missing something but the whole idea of the movie just left me thinking "that's it?". I'm not a fan of Christopher Nolan so it wasn't a huge surprise I didn't like it.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Overrated imo, saw all the plot twists coming

jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

Sorry, those questions are nothing new.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
I didn't like it that much, it just didn't hold my interest and I got bored. Maybe I'm missing something but the whole idea of the movie just left me thinking "that's it?". I'm not a fan of Christopher Nolan so it wasn't a huge surprise I didn't like it.PernicioEnigma
I love most Christopher Nolan movies but I agree with your feelings about Inception. Bored me and I kept hoping for more and when the movie finally ended I was annoyed.
csimonma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 csimonma
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
Best movie this year IMO.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#60 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Great movie. Srsly, but the best of all time?? Of course not. Better than 7 Samurai or the Godfather?? In your dreams. The movie is good, but it is not nowhere near a Citizen Kane. Problem is people see so much garbage that anything slightly better is overpraised.
PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
I also thought Shutter Island was better. Overall I found Inception to be a solid action movie with some new and interesting concepts that were portrayed by the movie medium extremely well. It has a 'wow' factor greater than a lot of movies I've seen recently.
ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

I love this movie sooooo much. Film of the year for me, next time I watch it, I'll eat some toast.

Skargamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Skargamer
Member since 2009 • 2569 Posts
I saw the movie twice, just to make sure I didn't miss anything on my first watch. :P It was an awesome movie though, my fav movie right now. I think I might buy the DVD...
IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64 IceBlazerX
Member since 2010 • 3286 Posts
Amazing movie.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
It was good. Not great. I wouldn't put it in the same sentence as being the best or one of the greatest films. It wasn't so much complex, but rather convoluted.
codesrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 codesrc
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Can't wait for the blu ray
supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 supdotcom
Member since 2010 • 1121 Posts

Loved it. It is EPIC!

Neon-Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#68 Neon-Tiger
Member since 2008 • 7683 Posts
[QUOTE="-Fromage-"]Interesting. You watched a movie that isnt in theaters and not on DVD yet.Mafiree
It is still playing near a theater by my house.......

Same here...
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's a real mind bender and gets you thinking.
RaIn285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 RaIn285
Member since 2010 • 3010 Posts

Was the ending a dream or real world?I still can`t figure it out

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

I wouldn't say that it's the best movie ever but it's one of MY best movies ever.

Overrated imo, saw all the plot twists coming

Led_poison

What twists are those, that you predicted I really want to know.

RaIn285

It's an open ending. There's evidence towards the one theory, and there's evidence towards the other. I guess you can decide, i believe that he was awake for two reasons.

1) The totem toppled at the end, you could hear the sound.

2) Leo didn't care whether the totem toppled. As soon as he saw his children's faces he knew it was reality.

Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 Guaracy-
Member since 2010 • 653 Posts
It was great. It sent a subtle message and its interpretation is for smart (like REALLY smart) people only. That's why most need to read an article that's floating around to fully understand the film's message and how it applies in our day-to-day life :)
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Guaracy-

RaIn285
You decide. Just like you decide if Andrew/Tom was crazy or not all along in Shutter Island. Some say he was surely crazy, but I'm still torn.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

I also thought Shutter Island was better. Overall I found Inception to be a solid action movie with some new and interesting concepts that were portrayed by the movie medium extremely well. It has a 'wow' factor greater than a lot of movies I've seen recently.PS2_ROCKS
Actually, Paprika laid down the concept first when it came out a few years ago. At times they are strikingly similar, however Paprika takes a more wild approach to the idea.

And while this is off topic, no matter how many times I watch Shutter Island, it still comes off as entirely lousy.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="RaIn285"]

Guaracy-
You decide. Just like you decide if Andrew/Tom was crazy or not all along in Shutter Island. Some say he was surely crazy, but I'm still torn.

Di Caprio was sure in some great movies this year.
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="RaIn285"]

GeneralShowzer

He only makes good movies. Except when he did all those boyish romance movies back in the day. But now he's manlied up. He's probably the actor that's been in the most movies I like, close to Robert Downey Jr.: Blood Diamond Inception Shutter Island The Aviator The Departed He's an excellent actor. I think he gets a nomination for some kind of award for every movie.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"] You decide. Just like you decide if Andrew/Tom was crazy or not all along in Shutter Island. Some say he was surely crazy, but I'm still torn.

He only makes good movies. Except when he did all those boyish romance movies back in the day. But now he's manlied up. He's probably the actor that's been in the most movies I like, close to Robert Downey Jr.: Blood Diamond Inception Shutter Island The Aviator The Departed He's an excellent actor. I think he gets a nomination for some kind of award for every movie.

Yea he never fails to be in a highly entertaining movie. Even Body Of Lies i really like, I've seen it like five times. And Revolutionary Road, not my thing, but you can see that it's a high quality movie.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

A movie that has a 7.4 Metacritic can't be the best movie ever made

Even this year, Toy Story 3 and The Social network got far better ratings across the board. I know critics score isn't everything, but even on rottentomatoes, it only managed to achieve a 87% , and 8.0 average, very far from 97% 9.0 average The Social network has.

I personally really like it though.

lexika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lexika
Member since 2009 • 873 Posts
I loved it. :)
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
No, it was a great movie but definitely not the best ever. It's not even the best this year. Social Network and Toy Story beat it :)
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
It was all a dream, nothing in that movie actually happened. Just thought you should know.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GeneralShowzer
It was all a dream, nothing in that movie actually happened. Just thought you should know. ferrari2001
Nobody would make a movie where nothing happened. Things happened in the movie. The character had a great journey and a lot was accomplished.
Avatar image for CongressManStan
CongressManStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 CongressManStan
Member since 2010 • 918 Posts
I would have to say that this is probably my favorite movie ever.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GeneralShowzer
I would have to say that this is probably my favorite movie ever.CongressManStan
I feel the same way. It's a movie made in 2010...that actually did stuff I've never seen done before. I didn't think that was possible anymore.
HaloReachGOTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 HaloReachGOTY
Member since 2010 • 786 Posts

ANYBODY who says inception wasnt all that...did not understand the movie. the movie was prob to comlex for their minds to comprehend. there is a secret msg in this movie and only you can find. watch the movie more then twice and focus, concentrate. or here....movie of the century hands down.

i would take a bullet for Christopher Nolan...

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 testfactor888

ANYBODY who says inception wasnt all that...did not understand the movie. HaloReachGOTY

Inception annoyed me and I ended up hating the movie. Get over it. Not everyone has to like the same movies and just because it was popular doesn't mean the people who diden't like it we're wrong. Just means everyone has different opinions which in the long run happens with every movie.

It was no where near as complex as you want to say it was. O my its all a dream... or is it... oooo Seriously I have no problem with people liking this movie but you are trying to make anyone who diden't like it sound stupid. Its a form of entertainment not everyone is going to like it.

Inception ended up being the only Christopher Nolan movie I have not liked. I loved Memento, Prestige, the Batman movies. All great.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#87 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
it was a lot better than I thought it'd be, due to the odd trailers, but I wouldnt put it in the same league as LoTR or The Godfather.
killyou060606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 killyou060606
Member since 2005 • 27091 Posts

ANYBODY who says inception wasnt all that...did not understand the movie. the movie was prob to comlex for their minds to comprehend. there is a secret msg in this movie and only you can find. watch the movie more then twice and focus, concentrate. or here....movie of the century hands down.

HaloReachGOTY
I don't see how anyone would have thought it was too complex, they overexplained everything to a point it was patronizing. Also not everyone wants to figure out a riddle when they watch a movie, gonna have to trust me on that ;p
TheGrayEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 TheGrayEye
Member since 2006 • 2579 Posts

HaloReachGOTY

Or maybe they just thought the whole concept was a bit silly and farfetched?

Dream security systems (in the form of bald generic bad guys, of course)? (Literal) safes in my dreams that happen to store away my deepest secrets? Being able to trick someone into thinking your someone else, just by acting out their mannerisms (even though the guy is still staring directly at you)?

There were some more things, but it's been awhile so I've forgotten them, but regardless, I didn't really buy any of it. I guess it works if you don't think about the rules Nolan's created too much, but I can't help but notice that it's just not solid.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I was underwhelmed by it. After seeing the trailers, I thought I was in for more of a psychological thriller with a grand scope. They got the second part right.. kind of. Besides Dicaprio, the characters were uninteresting. The core of the entire film was this "love" story between Dicaprio and Cotillard, which I grew tired of more and more as the film went by. I also didn't understand why Page's character was so obsessed with that whole side of Dicaprio. Nolan still can't shoot action. That sequence with Dicaprio running away from the men in the beginning was incoherent. It was hard to tell what was even going on. It had an awesome action sequence, but aside from that I didn't find much to like about it. I don't know how the film is "complex."
Fox-Call

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Fox-Call
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

Good movie, but definitely not the best ever, or even the best this year. (The Social Network)

Avatar image for SuprmanLuvHandl
SuprmanLuvHandl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SuprmanLuvHandl
Member since 2010 • 989 Posts

I really liked it and watched it twice. Not the greatest movie of all time though. Watch it a second time and you start seeing how rediculous a lot of it is.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 GeneralShowzer

Good movie, but definitely not the best ever, or even the best this year. (The Social Network)

Fox-Call
Social Network left me pretty much unimpressed. No interest to discuss it with anyone, no impression whatsoever. And i just saw it now.
HaloReachGOTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 HaloReachGOTY

Fox-Call

the social network got a 8.3 with 38,231 votes. inception got a 9.0 with 231,173 votes. (imdb.com). the ppl have spoken. the social network is no where as popular as inception nor is it on the same level.

HaloReachGOTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 HaloReachGOTY

I really liked it and watched it twice. Not the greatest movie of all time though. Watch it a second time and you start seeing how rediculous a lot of it is.

SuprmanLuvHandl

i like how you edited. inception is perfectly planned out. the best of the best cant find plot holes in the movie.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#96 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

HaloReachGOTY

Oh boy.

Just because something have a labyrithian plot doesn't make it complex.

The movie really didn't have any deep or thought provoking themes. It pretty much rode the wave of itsconcept and didn't offer any real intellectual or emotional stimulation.

Really, it was not much more than a high concept action movie.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#97 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="HaloReachGOTY"]

TheGrayEye

Dream security systems (in the form of bald generic bad guys, of course)? (Literal) safes in my dreams that happen to store away my deepest secrets? Being able to trick someone into thinking your someone else, just by acting out their mannerisms (even though the guy is still staring directly at you)?

There were some more things, but it's been awhile so I've forgotten them, but regardless, I didn't really buy any of it. I guess it works if you don't think about the rules Nolan's created too much, but I can't help but notice that it's just not solid.

You make good points. Its a fun ride, but its concepts were pretty dopey when you think about them.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 testfactor888

[QUOTE="Fox-Call"]

HaloReachGOTY

the social network got a 8.3 with 38,231 votes. inception got a 9.0 with 231,173 votes. (imdb.com). the ppl have spoken. the social network is no where as popular as inception nor is it on the same level.

Are you serious? For one who cares about IMDB ratings considering so many people just post it as a 10 or a 1 some of them without even seeing the movie. On top of that you are trying to say that a 9.0 is that much better than an 8.3? Practically the same score especially when you consider Social Network has not been out nearly as long as Inception so of course not as many people have seen it.

This type of argument should be saved for System Wars. Acting like an 8.3 is bad. *sigh

HaloReachGOTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 HaloReachGOTY

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

[QUOTE="HaloReachGOTY"]

GreySeal9

You make good points. Its a fun ride, but its concepts were pretty dopey when you think about them.

have you had a lucid dream before? or waking up within a dream? nolan has done his homework. its not silly at all.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 testfactor888

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="TheGrayEye"]

HaloReachGOTY

have you had a lucid dream before? or waking up within a dream? nolan has done his homework. its not silly at all.

It was indeed pretty silly