I just realised why there are no wars on American soil...

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lol_haha_dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lol_haha_dead
Member since 2009 • 1238 Posts

I've always wondered why there were never any wars on American soil besides the Civil War. Yes, you can count the bombing of Hawaii but, the Japanese did it by air. They didn't have the balls to come and fight us on the ground. So any ways, the reason why people don't step on our soil is because America has the 2nd Amendment, which is the right to bear arms. The United States citizens could kill any foreign soildier that tries to terrorize our streets. See, the citizens in Iraq can barely do anything to protect themselves because their country would NEVER let them bear arms. NEVER. So, that's why America is indestructible. Who can beat a country where millions of it's citizens have their own weapons? Just imagine American soldiers in the streets of New Orleans killing Iraqi soldiers while American Citizens with their shotguns are also killing Iraqi soldiers that try to threaten them.

Any other countries in the world that allows their citizens to bear arms? I'm not sure?

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

Or maybe because it would be piss hard to invade... You could go through Canada or Mexico but I doubt either country would let another army walk on through without a fight. And you can't exactly take a strong military force through either the Pacific or Atlantic without being noticed.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
You can bear arms in many country's if you have a gun license...
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
What about the American revolutionary war?
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

^ Yes it's because we have very good defences. Besides, nobody has the BALLS to invade us. They would get owned.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

The U.S. is the largest armed camp in the world. It's not our military an invader should fear, it's Joe, Bubba and Poppa.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

not one of these our army kicks ur armys ass posts

Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

many countries lets the people buy weapons

and japan did invade amercian soil does the alaskan campagin ring a bell

I think birtian invaded us twice

Mexico i think invaded to or was that texas still that was pretty ballzzy

lol_haha_dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lol_haha_dead
[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

The U.S. is the largest armed camp in the world. It's not our military an invader should fear, it's Joe, Bubba and Poppa.

:lol: Yep, the American citizens.
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

I don't think that's the reason, but now that I think about it 300 million people and 270 million guns in the U.S.

Almost our whole country could become a fighting force in a homeland conflict.

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 AFraud
Member since 2004 • 1500 Posts

Or maybe it's geographic isolation, combined with most of our adversaries lacking strong navies. Just a thought.

And the British, who did have a strong Navy, invaded in the War of 1812.

The_AI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_AI
Member since 2006 • 4791 Posts

Trying to invade the US with ground troops is like trying to get into a fortress made out of impenetrable metals with a spoon. It's impossible.

10thwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 10thwonder
Member since 2009 • 2031 Posts

br0kenrabbit

G.I. Joe, G.I. Bubba, and G.I. Poppa. The REAL American heroes.

lol_haha_dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lol_haha_dead
Britain invaded America b4 it was independent. I'm talking about in relatively modern times when America was independent.
blackmagesm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blackmagesm
Member since 2006 • 3820 Posts

Or maybe it's geographic isolation, combined with most of our adversaries lacking strong navies. Just a thought.

And the British, who did have a strong Navy, invaded in the War of 1812.

AFraud

This

I'm really sure the nazis were too scared of some rednecks with shotguns to invade America :roll:

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

Oh yeah, just how some Iraqi citizens oppossed American forces there with guns and violence and such, oh wait...

NB: With regards to the TC, I love it when people's usernames are complimentary to their sigs. No offence.:P

Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Norg

Britain invaded America b4 it was independent. I'm talking about in relatively modern times when America was independent. lol_haha_dead

no i think they invaded Twice once when we were trying to breakaway and another time a few years lately when we were already a country

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

You forgot about the Revolutionary War and all those wars against the Native Americans.

Will82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Will82
Member since 2003 • 256 Posts

you forgot to mention the revolutionary war. The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with why they dont come over here. Its because our military defenses are so strong they simply could not make a stand, it would be commiting suicide. Thats why when they try something they have to do in small secret groups. 9/11 for example.

Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Norg

Also iam sure China wouldnt mind giving it a Go

u dont have to control the hole region look a japan in WW2 invading china they just controlled the most best parts the major port cities of China and the captial

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
The War of 1812 says hi.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

No its that and the fact that anyone who touches us will be blown off the surface of the earth... :?

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#23 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I don't think foreign armies are afraid of Joe Schmoe attacking them since they'd most likely bomb the hell out of a place before going in on foot. You'd be sitting on your porch with a shotgun waiting for an army as bombs fall overhead...Foreign armies don't care about civilians. They just get in the way.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
You couldn't be more wrong. Back when Washington was unanimously voted the president of the US, he ordered a clan of highly-trained voodoo doctors to cast a protective shield over the country. Go ahead, look it up.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts

I've always wondered why there were never any wars on American soil besides the Civil War. Yes, you can count the bombing of Hawaii but, the Japanese did it by air. They didn't have the balls to come and fight us on the ground. So any ways, the reason why people don't step on our soil is because America has the 2nd Amendment, which is the right to bear arms. The United States citizens could kill any foreign soildier that tries to terrorize our streets. See, the citizens in Iraq can barely do anything to protect themselves because their country would NEVER let them bear arms. NEVER. So, that's why America is indestructible. Who can beat a country where millions of it's citizens have their own weapons? Just imagine American soldiers in the streets of New Orleans killing Iraqi soldiers while American Citizens with their shotguns are also killing Iraqi soldiers that try to threaten them.

Any other countries in the world that allows their citizens to bear arms? I'm not sure?

lol_haha_dead
Or it would be the two huge oceans on either side of you, filled with the world's largest navy. I'm only guessing.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
You can bear arms in many country's if you have a gun license...optiow
this in other words america isnt all that special
lol_haha_dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lol_haha_dead
[QUOTE="Bourbons3"][QUOTE="lol_haha_dead"]

Or it would be the two huge oceans on either side of you, filled with the world's largest navy. I'm only guessing.

So you mean to tell me that America has Naval bases cover the WHOLE coast of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans?
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
Didnt Canadians burn down the White house in 1812?
Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
The 2nd ammendment didnt keep terrorist from destroying the Twin towers :? There no full scale war On US soil because the might of our military is stronger then every country in the world so they would have to be nuts to fight us on our home turf.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Didnt Canadians burn down the White house in 1812?Anti-Venom
I believe it was the British who did it through Canada. But part of Canada was in the Empire at this time so there may have been both Canadians and British.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I was thinking it was more because it would be kind of hard to stage a sea invasion without support from all the way in Europe and Asia and all the other countries in the Americas are either friends or too weak to do anything. Your idea is just crazy enough to start a 10 page discussion though.
Avatar image for clash76-grunger
clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clash76-grunger
Member since 2008 • 1203 Posts
That is why I cherish my right as a citizen to own a weapon. And no, many countries prohibit them. Besides Switzerland, it is near useless trying to own a weapon unless you live on a farm, which few do. Second Amendment for the win!!!!
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AFraud

[QUOTE="Bourbons3"][QUOTE="lol_haha_dead"]

lol_haha_dead

So you mean to tell me that America has Naval bases cover the WHOLE coast of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans?

Pretty much. We have a massive navy that can be quickly deployed almost anywhere in the world. And with onboard nuclear reactors, these ships have almost unlimited range.

Bigg_Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bigg_Boi
Member since 2004 • 1785 Posts

The War of 1812 was one of America's most shameful defeats. Canada, at the time, was basically a politcally devided nation of farmers with only a handful of British soldiers to keep order. The American Army that invaded Canada in 1812 was several times larger then the entire British and Canadian force defending it, and yet the Yankees were repelled with heavy losses and American morale dropped to nearly zero. Washington and the White House were burned to the ground and most of America's border forts in the northern areas were captured. The only battles that could be called major American victories were the Battle of New Orleans (which doesn't really count considering an armistice had already been signed when the battle took place) and the Battle on the Great Lakes.

clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clash76-grunger
[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"]The 2nd ammendment didnt keep terrorist from destroying the Twin towers :? There no full scale war On US soil because the might of our military is stronger then every country in the world so they would have to be nuts to fight us on our home turf.

You can't shoot down a jet with a rifle..... And of course he's forgetting about wars, but thats just his failure to give part of information. Doesn't infringe his overrall statment.
fletch627

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fletch627
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
Roflmao, Thinking Iraqi civilians don't have access to guns.
clash76-grunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clash76-grunger
Roflmao, Thinking Iraqi civilians don't have access to guns.fletch627
Not legally. In a stable Iraq, they are pretty well banned. Most people get them from cartels....
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
who on earth would want to mess with America of the United States?
Statutory_AP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Statutory_AP3
Member since 2009 • 1256 Posts
Maybe because there in a continent and ocean seperating America from its enemies, past and present. Herp derp.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

besides the Civil War.

lol_haha_dead
So there you go. A war on American Soil.
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Ever try attacking the US from europe or Asia in Risk? Not so easy
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

I think anyone capable of defeating the world's largest navy, the world's largest and most advanced airforce, and a large highly trained army equipped with the best weapons and supplies isn't too worried about the 2nd Amendment.

Yep, after taking on F22 Raptors, F15 Strike Eagles, B2 & B1 bombers, M1A1 main battle tanks, Multiple Launch Rocket Artillery, a couple dozen army and marine divisions, nuclear powered carriers and subs....the invading force is gonna be stopped by citizens with pistols, semi-auto rifles, and shotguns........yah......right.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Can you hear that?

That is the sound of Britain laughing at you.

Seriously, War of 1812. Know your history.

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#44 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts

lol_haha_dead

Not even close dude. Countries don't invade the US because it is hard to invade and they would get owned. Not because of some civilans with guns.

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts

The TC's reasoning to why America hasn't been invaded in the last 100 years is laughable at best.
Think about it, how on earth would you be able to move a huge army accross the pacific ocean without being detected?
You can't.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Or maybe because it would be piss hard to invade... You could go through Canada or Mexico but I doubt either country would let another army walk on through without a fight. And you can't exactly take a strong military force through either the Pacific or Atlantic without being noticed.

Xeros606

^This and the fact that the US Navy is bad ass.

m45t3rch13f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 m45t3rch13f
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
A lot of developed countries are without the 2nd amendment and they (we, in this case, cause I'm not an American) are doing just fine. "(12-gauge cocks) Get off my lawn/property!" -> Only in America, sir...
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

I own 9 guns. I challenge any one person or grouphere to try and take my house.

It would be like a small scale reenactment of D-Day, only there aren't 6 billion people to storm the yard, there's about 20 of you and I have over 400 rounds of ammunition.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

War of 1812. British burned down the White House.

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AFraud

I own 9 guns. I challenge any one person or grouphere to try and take my house.

It would be like a small scale reenactment of D-Day, only there aren't 6 billion people to storm the yard, there's about 20 of you and I have over 400 rounds of ammunition.

-TheSecondSign-

You should stock up then. That's really not that much ammo. I have nearly that much .308 alone.