I dont know why im obsessing over this...

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58df4522915cb
deactivated-58df4522915cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-58df4522915cb
Member since 2007 • 5527 Posts

Like, whenever i hear about a friend my age who drinks, does drugs, or has sex, or any of that stuff, i get really pissed. Like im always asking myself "why do people do this stuff?" IDk why, I just see it as them being corupt (no offense to those who do that stuff). Maybe im too much of a boyscout, or maybe subconciously i just want to do it myself but cant due to lack of an ability.

What can I do so that it doesnt bother me so much?

British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 British_Azimio
Member since 2007 • 2459 Posts
What age are we talking about? And what do you mean by lack of ability?
Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Senor-Dweedle
Member since 2011 • 577 Posts

Like, whenever i hear about a friend my age who drinks, does drugs, or has sex, or any of that stuff, i get really pissed. Like im always asking myself "why do people do this stuff?" IDk why, I just see it as them being corupt (no offense to those who do that stuff). Maybe im too much of a boyscout, or maybe subconciously i just want to do it myself but cant due to lack of an ability.

Neo-ganon
im the same, but eh, if they want to do that to themselves its their own business I guess.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts
[QUOTE="Neo-ganon"]

This is why you need to put on your superhero outfit and change their wicked ways.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

I don't obsess over it, but I too hate it when people I know make stupid decisions.For example, my friend Marcus got his girl pregnant because he thought sex without a condom is ok as long as she's on the pill, now college is ruined for him.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I hate it too, mostly because it all leads to pretty bad things in the end for people that you care about. However, the only person you can control is you and you should make the decisions that feel right to you. Good for you for not being into those things, you are doing yourself good by not.

Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Senor-Dweedle

I hate it too, mostly because it all leads to pretty bad things in the end for people that you care about. However, the only person you can control is you and you should make the decisions that feel right to you. Good for you for not being into those things, you are doing yourself good by not.

Shenmue_Jehuty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5glCEfLdBPg You'd like this song, good song about how people need to get out of that sort of lifestyle.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
nothing wrong with doing any of those things in moderation. if the 2nd one is a plant, its all good. have you ever drank, done drugs or had sex? because maybe its the fear of the unknown.
Avatar image for deactivated-58df4522915cb
deactivated-58df4522915cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-58df4522915cb
Member since 2007 • 5527 Posts

What age are we talking about? And what do you mean by lack of ability?British_Azimio

I would be 19 and by "lack of ability" I mean "im such a square that nobody would share any of their stuff with me even if i wanted it"

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
What can I do so that it doesnt bother me so much?Neo-ganon
Why does it matter if it bothers you? One of the most important parts of actually living in a society is learning to put up with other people's ****. As long as you're not totally treating people like trash because they do drugs or get laid, then why do you feel the need to be okay with it at all?
Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Senor-Dweedle
[QUOTE="Neo-ganon"]What can I do so that it doesnt bother me so much?MrGeezer
Why does it matter if it bothers you? One of the most important parts of actually living in a society is learning to put up with other people's ****. As long as you're not totally treating people like trash because they do drugs or get laid, then why do you feel the need to be okay with it at all?

This is a good point, the old live and let live thing comes into affect here. I hang around some real dicks where I study, but unless they affect me or my family directly then I dont care what they do.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I've always been like that too.
British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 British_Azimio
nothing wrong with doing any of those things in moderation. if the 2nd one is a plant, its all good. have you ever drank, done drugs or had sex? because maybe its the fear of the unknown. pygmahia5
What if the plant in question is the opium poppy? Would that still count? You should probably be less ambiguous in such statements.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Well, I don't drink or smoke or do any drugs, and I don't have meaningless one-night stands, so when people feel the need to tell me all about their adventures in these categories it makes me roll my eyes simply because I do not care. Why talk to the equivalent of a married mormon woman about your sexual promiscuity, drunken and high adventures? That's what annoys me the most. I see people who slut around, drink a lot and do drugs (especially in highschool) as stupid too, and look down upon them for it. Best thing to do is just ignore it, it's not worth your time to be mad about.
Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Senor-Dweedle
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Well, I don't drink or smoke or do any drugs, and I don't have meaningless one-night stands, so when people feel the need to tell me all about their adventures in these categories it makes me roll my eyes simply because I do not care. Why talk to the equivalent of a married mormon woman about your sexual promiscuity, drunken and high adventures? That's what annoys me the most. I see people who slut around, drink a lot and do drugs (especially in highschool) as stupid too, and look down upon them for it. Best thing to do is just ignore it, it's not worth your time to be mad about.

Testify! Mmhmm! Couldnt agree more
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pygmahia5
[QUOTE="pygmahia5"]nothing wrong with doing any of those things in moderation. if the 2nd one is a plant, its all good. have you ever drank, done drugs or had sex? because maybe its the fear of the unknown. British_Azimio
What if the plant in question is the opium poppy? Would that still count? You should probably be less ambiguous in such statements.

lol i didn't want to say, "if its green, its aight" ya feel me? if it grows in the ground its probably okay. :D for real though, people should experiment to just see if its what they like or not. hating something when you've never experienced it, is insane! "i HATE spinach!!" have you ever tried it? ".....no, but i wont like it."
British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 British_Azimio
[QUOTE="British_Azimio"][QUOTE="pygmahia5"]nothing wrong with doing any of those things in moderation. if the 2nd one is a plant, its all good. have you ever drank, done drugs or had sex? because maybe its the fear of the unknown. pygmahia5

lol i didn't want to say, "if its green, its aight" ya feel me? if it grows in the ground its probably okay. :D for real though, people should experiment to just see if its what they like or not. hating something when you've never experienced it, is insane! "i HATE spinach!!" have you ever tried it? ".....no, but i wont like it."

It's a bit of a complicated situation. Personally I love it, but I'm just not the type of person that goes around raving about it, or get into arguments with people against it, most of which sounds like broken records. A lot of the arguments that the opponents of legalization use are terrible, but the thing is, a lot of the more visible proponents of legalization aren't much better in that area. I just tend to stay on the side-ring and do my own thing.
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

Neo-ganon

Well some of my friends do most of that stuff in your list heh but I also have many friends that are just like you who don't do any of it. Neither group looks down on the other. Different people make different choices with their lives. You can try just thinking of them as ordinary people just look you and not corrupt monsters :) that might help

JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JinjonatorX
Member since 2010 • 639 Posts
I can see why one would feel that way, but at the same time, I personally don't care if people do drugs. I don't do them, though.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pygmahia5
[QUOTE="British_Azimio"][QUOTE="pygmahia5"][QUOTE="British_Azimio"] What if the plant in question is the opium poppy? Would that still count? You should probably be less ambiguous in such statements.

It's a bit of a complicated situation. Personally I love it, but I'm just not the type of person that goes around raving about it, or get into arguments with people against it, most of which sounds like broken records. A lot of the arguments that the opponents of legalization use are terrible, but the thing is, a lot of the more visible proponents of legalization aren't much better in that area. I just tend to stay on the side-ring and do my own thing.

haha smart man. i just get super annoyed when people think its this horrible thing when in reality, its all up to the user how detrimental it is to them. but, whatever. everybody has different opinions.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Don't even stress about it really TC. When there's a high school reunion you can drive up in an Aston Martin. I can't wait to make my first mill with my PhD I'm totally buying a yellow Diablo :P

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I feel kind of disgusted if I find out people are doing an excessive amount of drugs/alcohol. If they only do it safely and for recreational use, I don't really feel anything negative but I don't pretend I support it either haha. If I hear anything about sex, I get super jealous >.>
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

Maybe im too much of a boyscoutNeo-ganon

Yeah.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
It's because your self-righteous. Hell just yesterday I was at a party where people where railing lines. I did not partake, but I definitely did not look down on them. People can do whatever they wish. I also find it quite fascinating how they don't see their own self-destructive behaviors. The world is both beautiful and ugly the sooner you accept that, the easier it will be.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Why does it matter? How old are you? There is nothing wrong with drinking and sex. You sound like your boring TC...
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pygmahia5
Why does it matter? How old are you? There is nothing wrong with drinking and sex. You sound like your boring TC...MgamerBD
hahahaha. best post on here. /thread.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Neo-ganon

I think I understand what you mean but in a different way.

I'm about your age, and I really don't understand why people drink, do drugs, or smoke. They're pointless to me. If I wanted a drink, I have water, soda, juice, and plenty of other things to quench my thirst. If you want to get drunk, then ok, good for you. I'm against drinking. I think it's dumb. If you want to get drunk, have fun, I don't understand why you'd want to mess yourself up.

Drugs are the same except on a much worse level then drinking.

Smoking... This is the worst, it's just a stupid habit that costs so much money and all it does it kill you from the inside. There's a million other ways to reduce stress.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

I drink and have sex

Do i make you mad?

angrules23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 angrules23
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts
What's wrong with drinking and having sex? call me crazy but i enjoy it.
CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
I get mad when other people get some, cuz dam I want to get some too! lol
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts
[QUOTE="Neo-ganon"]What can I do so that it doesnt bother me so much?MrGeezer

because hatred takes too much energy,why would he want to waste some time of his valuable life thinking and hating things that are pretty much inevitable?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="British_Azimio"]What age are we talking about? And what do you mean by lack of ability?Neo-ganon

I would be 19 and by "lack of ability" I mean "im such a square that nobody would share any of their stuff with me even if i wanted it"

19 so they're old enough to legally drink and have sex so what's the problem? Drugs aren't as bad as the media says (stuff like crack and meth are bad) if it's just recreational use I don't see why it bothers you.

I do get annoyed when people announce it to the world though

"Hey guys I just had sex!"

"so have most of us, now shut up"

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Neo-ganon"]

What age are we talking about? And what do you mean by lack of ability?British_Azimio

19 so they're old enough to legally drink and have sex so what's the problem? Drugs aren't as bad as the media says (stuff like crack and meth are bad) if it's just recreational use I don't see why it bothers you.

I do get annoyed when people announce it to the world though

"Hey guys I just had sex!"

"so have most of us, now shut up"

Exactly what i was thinking, Also add maybe time to gow up a bit tc if thats your attitude
JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts
Why does it matter? How old are you? There is nothing wrong with drinking and sex. You sound like your boring TC...MgamerBD
win
Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I am the same way so I tend to surround myself with friends that share the same values as me.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I let anyone do whatever they think is best for them; even if I do not agree with it.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts
Yea, those lepars, defilers, evildoers, how dare they do what is the norm for the general public these days. They are so corupt, how dare they, and such... etc.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

[QUOTE="British_Azimio"]What age are we talking about? And what do you mean by lack of ability?Neo-ganon

That would be a very bad situation to be in.
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts
Simple answer: Ignore. People make stupid choices in life and we can't help much.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Neo-ganon"]What can I do so that it doesnt bother me so much?VaguelyTagged

because hatred takes too much energy,why would he want to waste some time of his valuable life thinking and hating things that are pretty much inevitable?

Seems like it'd be more effort to try to never get pissed off by anything.
Dead_Babies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dead_Babies
Member since 2011 • 90 Posts

I'm an eagle scout and i have done all those things before. But one thing I have done my whole life is have an open mind about everything. Some of the greatest people of all time have done these things but that doesn't make them corrupt. Because a person chooses to live there life one way and another persons lives it another way doesn't mean one of them are wrong. People react to different things in different ways and some times those way can be bad but just because they do it doesn't mean they are just like the extreme corrupt and horrible people. People are kinda like a color wheel. Most people only look at the colors they see and know. "That person is a Red there for i don't like him" When in real life He is and Indigo. A Blue that happen to associate every once and awhile with some RED. Now that You are probably confused by what i tried to make easy just remember the best way to get over this is to except everyone for who they are instead of the things they do.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Because they bring pleasure to those who do them. If you really want to give advice to your friends tell them to not exagerate on alchool and never do anything harder than weed. You can't advise them not to have sex as I don't think there's anything wrong about that (unless they don't use protection of course)... just sayin'.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
its called jealousy.
SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SquirrelTamer
Member since 2011 • 1185 Posts

"why do people have sex" it pisses me off!

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

I don't think you're too out of place in feeling that way. Drinking is legal in a lot of places when you're 19, a lot of drugs are illegal but some aren't that harmful, and sex is (usually) safe if you take proper care...
But drinking and drugs are considered immoral by a lot of people/cultures and promiscuity is too, and there's also some kind risk in a lot of them.

I personally don't have a problem with most of those things, though I wouldn't be one to get completely wasted all the time... But I don't see a problem with someone having a problem with it.

I used to not feel the need for drinking/drugs and my opinons on sex were a lot more conservative (I guess thats the word for it).

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

i'm going to be honest the high school i went to was an absoloute hole,

And i dont mean the facilitys and the school itself, it was very well kept and had alot of good teachers, but the students themselves were just absoloute trash.

Of the 2000 or so that went there i'd say 1400 or so were just complete idiots and your typical trash from all sorts of races, white trash, aboriginal, maori were the main groups.

And just over half the school i'd say had done drugs before or still did them and would get drunk every weekend and a fair few of them smoked, luckily tho i stayed away from them and didnt do any of this crap but a couple of my "friends" did and right now i can asure you that they are absoloutely nowhere in life with no prospects.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pygmahia5

i'm going to be honest the high school i went to was an absoloute hole,

And i dont mean the facilitys and the school itself, it was very well kept and had alot of good teachers, but the students themselves were just absoloute trash.

Of the 2000 or so that went there i'd say 1400 or so were just complete idiots and your typical trash from all sorts of races, white trash, aboriginal, maori were the main groups.

And just over half the school i'd say had done drugs before or still did them and would get drunk every weekend and a fair few of them smoked, luckily tho i stayed away from them and didnt do any of this crap but a couple of my "friends" did and right now i can asure you that they are absoloutely nowhere in life with no prospects.

sonofsmeagle
maori and aboriginies...are you in aussie or NZ?
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
I don't drink except maybe once or twice a year on special occasions and even then do it with moderation, don't do drugs, and never had sex outside of meaningful relationships. Yet i think people that see these things as evil or whatever and judge others are just stuck up.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Dont worry about what other people are doing