Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

My pb is 25:39.

I know a crazy fast chick though. Barely believable.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

"Run" 5K.

Honestly no idea. Probably well over 30 minutes as I do not run anymore.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

5k for 5h

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

32 minutes the other day.

Used to run it in around 28 minutes working on getting back to that level.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

17 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 21 hours, 39 minutes, 55 seconds.

...I'll let you know when I decide to finish.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

<

<

Really though I've never kept track. Running really isn't my thing. If I were to take a guess within 25-30 minutes.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Not even going to pretend like it would ever happen. Running places is just a slap in the face to the great men of our past who were awesome enough to invent the automobile and allow us to become the laziest nation in the world.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I don't know and it would never happen.

Run? No thanks.

Hike? Hell yeah, I'll hike a few miles. And I'll take my damn time doing it.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lebowski1

Well here in the UK we have something called parkrun, which is a super inclusive free weekly timed 5k. You sign up to print out a barcode which will put you on the leaderboard. Except "it's a run, not a race" (yeah right, they say that so they dont have to pay to hold it. Well and it pushes the inclusivity thing). The standard is from the slowest to professionals who will occasionally turn up. It's a great way to start saturday, running with chicks is something I really enjoy not to sound like a pervo.

But yeah, speaking of which ... I havent actually gotten a 5k time out of her yet and tragically she has been INJURED as of late ... But according to her time for running 11.6 miles in 1hr3mins... Shes either a compulsive liar or one of the most gifted female runners out there. Its kinda blown my mind. I trained to within 10seconds of my pb hoping to meet her to run but since her injury i kinda fell off. She doesnt even look like an elite runner i swear this chick is anime incarnate.

Oh one other reason i started running was early onset diabetes. Running basically cured it, so theres that. But i feel sorry for those without parkrun, if ur a slower runner it is awesome for motivation. Bigups the respectable runners posting here but can we find quicker? Oh and my last parkrun was like 33mins (got fat again and been hella injured myself).

Just praying for a full recovery and 100% proof from my running Goddess. Swear she could do 5k in 15 mins!!! Was ABOUT to find out as well...

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

In high school cross-country, I was number 6 out of a 7 man varsity team and I could run it in 16:20.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lebowski1

@plageus900: Beast! Yeah you'd be first finisher at many parkruns. Theres a special list for sub 17 mins

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

In high school I could do an 8 minute mile. As an adult I did a 10 minute mile once but it sucked. I train/work out, but I'm not a runner.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Best I did was 17:47. That was one of the proudest moments of my life. Rainy, dirty, messy day and a minute after the finish line I vomited all that Black Forest Ham sub out on the grass. Still remember it and still love thinking about that day.

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 warriorsq
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

I did 18.54 at a Parkrun in Dec a couple of months before my 50th which I'm happy with. I'm a ultra runner/endurance runner so don't usually do speed

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#15 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Anywhere between 22 and 25 minutes depending on if I'm pushing it or not.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lebowski1

Wow the sub 20 beasts certainly arrived in force! @bgres077 thats the kind of time I'd like to achieve if I actually get my s*** together and hit my target BMI. Even when i got my pb i was overweight.

@warriorsq I thought you meant 50th birthday at first! Still inspiring stuff, ive done over 100 and obviously not come close to that. Will post my times here though.

@poe13 amazing effort, i marshalled a finish funnel recently and saw this kid just yak up soon as he finished. Seemed to be mostly water tho haha. I've never thrown up running but ive had terrible problems choking up when im really pushing myself, but again thats my own fault because of my smoking.

Man im such a model athlete lol but im off the smokes and hopefully injury free so maybe ive got a 30min in me this weekend. If im lucky. The pb trail gotta start somewhere tho!

Edit: warriorsq you mean your 50th birthday?! Hope so as that is what im talking about, approaching 40 myself.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Define "Run"

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lebowski1

@GTR12: in the context of this thread, just physically propelling yourself with no assistance from any sort of devices. Technically wheelchairs are permitted at parkrun. They have their own category whereas "cani-cross" runners who are tied to a dog are just put in the same category as regular runners (altho they are in a club for it so you can identify them). According to one woman who does it in 16 and a half mins or so says it takes around 2mins off.

No horseback tho I draw the line there!!

(Also, the lack of a stamina bar in MGS phantom pain, my current game, is annoying. Dude can just endlessly sprint while carrying someone across his shoulders An insult to the art of running! ;)

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Running one? Not sure. But while working out I get in a 5K in about 28 minutes.

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 warriorsq

@Lebowski1 said:

Wow the sub 20 beasts certainly arrived in force! @bgres077 thats the kind of time I'd like to achieve if I actually get my s*** together and hit my target BMI. Even when i got my pb i was overweight.

@warriorsq I thought you meant 50th birthday at first! Still inspiring stuff, ive done over 100 and obviously not come close to that. Will post my times here though.

@poe13 amazing effort, i marshalled a finish funnel recently and saw this kid just yak up soon as he finished. Seemed to be mostly water tho haha. I've never thrown up running but ive had terrible problems choking up when im really pushing myself, but again thats my own fault because of my smoking.

Man im such a model athlete lol but im off the smokes and hopefully injury free so maybe ive got a 30min in me this weekend. If im lucky. The pb trail gotta start somewhere tho!

Edit: warriorsq you mean your 50th birthday?! Hope so as that is what im talking about, approaching 40 myself.

Yeah my 50th birthday. I've only done 9 Parkruns as I'm distance really. Good luck with the improving...I've GUCR next month a 145 mile non-stop ultra which is more my thing

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lebowski1

@warriorsq: Damn that is insane. You hear about Jasmine Paris winning 268 mile event? Crazy stuff. 5k is QUITE enough for me, thankyouverymuch! Feel like I might die if I even think about ultra distances for too long lol. Well i have done a couple of 10k... best was like 52mins something when i was at my very best. Beyond 10k forget it.

Any advice on torn peroneal? Thats the injury my running Goddess friend (maybe more than the way it's going) picked up. Its been about two months. They say its not so bad that she needs surgery but i worry it will. She hasnt exactly been inactive during recovery so its just going to take time I guess. :*(

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By warriorsq

@Lebowski1: What she did is just amazing and she'd only just had a baby so her body wasn't back to normal. I did one 10k 3 years ago in 39.54 and swore I'd never do another as it just hurt so bad cardio wise...felt I was having a heart attack which you don't get in endurance haha

Can't help on the torn peroneal I'm afraid as not had one or know anyone who has but really hope she gets it sorted ok. I've had knee surgery (torn meniscus) and back surgery (herniated disc) in the last 8 years (neither running related) and come back stronger thanks to hard work and the NHS so she just needs to believe.

Good luck making it more than a friendship ;) My girlfriend is an endurance runner as well so it helps we both do the same thing. We're off to Venice for a few days from our local airport Southend in a few hours as it's her 46th birthday present and under strict instructions to take running kit for an evening run haha

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lebowski1

@warriorsq: nice, enjoy, if u guys got a time for the first 5k of ur run feel free to post here ;)

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#24 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Back in my prime I used to do it below 30 minutes (my best I think was 27 minutes), the other day I was at 46 minutes lol, I stopped caring about speed, for me its about burning calories and losing weight, but who knows maybe I'll be motivated again for speed.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thehig1

@Dark_sageX: mine was similar, im 32 now and loosing weight hopefully I can get back to sub 30 minutes.

Did 33 minutes the other day but had to push myself.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

Done my parkrun a couple times, my time is about 33 minutes. I have very flat feet so they get quite painful towards the end. Stamina is ok otherwise though which is quite frustrating.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#27  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
@thehig1 said:

@Dark_sageX: mine was similar, im 32 now and loosing weight hopefully I can get back to sub 30 minutes.

Did 33 minutes the other day but had to push myself.

Nice, I'm gonna turn 32 in November, aiming to reduce my weight to 90kg (it seems heavy but I'm quite muscular, I just have a big belly :P) currently at 95kg.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lebowski1

Lads im in same boat as you. 32 minutes this morning and it was TOUGH. Had to walk on two hills. Still it's faster by a minute than my last parkrun so if i keep that up i'll be back to my old times. Nearly time for my salad. Must eat much salad now!!

As well as putting on weight, i also regret trying my girl's pace on a treadmill. Hamstring(?) hasnt been same since, feels similar to an injury i had years ago following an assault. Shes trying treadmill later today, not putting my expectations too high bc this damn injury shes got but will post if i get any interesting stats.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thehig1

Just managed 5k in 31 minutes on Friday.

My PB in a long time, going back near 10 years to when I was last sub 30 minutes for 5k.

Cutting that last minute of the time will be tough, im.already pushing my limits to make 31 minutes.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Faster than a tortoise but slower than a Ferrari.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I'm really fast with sprinting (like anything below 5 minutes). But cardio/endurance runs? Hm. I haven't tried for years. So I guess it wouldn't go as smoothly as I'd hope XD But I have done a lot of cardio in the past years so who knows. I'm kinda curious now...

Running is rough on the body though. Especially endurance running in my case. The joints take a pounding. Bad for my knees, butt, sides of the hips and shins. I don't like doing it. I got some of my worst injuries while running. Much worse than kung fu, squash, water polo, and pilates for me. And I did try to adjust my running stance, and bought new shoes, and ran on alternating sides of the road and on grass but it didn't help. I guess it just isn't my thing.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thehig1
@KungfuKitten said:

I'm really fast with sprinting (like anything below 5 minutes).

how fast ?

What time can you run 100m in ?

I'm not sure I'm interested to find out, might go field by mine with running track on and time my self.

Anyway, recently hit my Personal best of recent years 5k in 30:22, 22 seconds off my current target.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

16 minutes and 40 seconds