How do so many Christians resolve being pro death penalty with their religion?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

How do so many Christians resolve being pro death penalty with their religion? I thought Christianity was supposed to be all about forgiveness, and it pretty clearly forbids killing people for any reason at all.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

SURPRISE! Christians just so happen to still be human. It's not exactly easy to forgive a man who raped ten kids and then ate them.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

SURPRISE! Christians just so happen to still be human. It's not exactly easy to forgive a man who raped ten kids and then ate them.

Dracargen

I would imagine religion to be more of a guideline rather than actual rules.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
The legal system is the legal system. Separation of church and state works both ways.;)
-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts

A decent person cannot honestly look me in the face and say that someone that has raped children does not need to be executed. Regardless of religion, scum is scum.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dracargen
[QUOTE="Dracargen"]

Boba_Fett_3710

Nah, I think these are actual rules. The only issue is some are hard to follow.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

Cherry Picking ;)

Some choose extracts that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion that may contradict that position.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dracargen

Cherry Picking ;)

Some choose extracts that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion that may contradict that position.

soren008

I think cherry-picking is better than selective attention span. . . .

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]

Dracargen

Well, you have to realize that most religions were developed when sodomizing a child was not punishable by law (just look at ancient Greek and Japanese culture). The same ideology can't be applied in the same context now as it was then.

Dannie852

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dannie852
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]

Dracargen

I disagree that they are "rules" in the traditional sense. The idea of religion is to give yourself something to guide your own moral compass. Religion is something that makes you feel that there is something more to your life than the unavoidable death that ends it.

As a poster said above it is entirely about the seperation of church and state. Just because a relgion may not "allow" what the law allows doesn't mean that it's not the best solution for society. In the good old USA religion is a right but not the law.

Agriath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Agriath
Member since 2006 • 1516 Posts

This

Dracargen

and

The legal system is the legal system. Separation of church and state works both ways.;)LJS9502_basic

MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
Nice try SpaceMoose, should've seen this leftist ball coming from a mile away. The Death Penalty is just common sense in SOME cases. For example, our worthless, disgusting Supreme Court today ruled that the Death Penalty for Child Rapists in "Unconstitutional". This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. How can anyone NOT advocate killing a child molester?
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Boba_Fett_3710

Nice try SpaceMoose, should've seen this leftist ball coming from a mile away. The Death Penalty is just common sense in SOME cases. For example, our worthless, disgusting Supreme Court today ruled that the Death Penalty for Child Rapists in "Unconstitutional". This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. How can anyone NOT advocate killing a child molester?MarineJcksn

Couldn't we just castrate him and call it a day?

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

How do so many Christians resolve being pro death penalty with their religion? I thought Christianity was supposed to be all about forgiveness, and it pretty clearly forbids killing people for any reason at all.

SpaceMoose

He that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. -- Leviticus 24:16

Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 31:14

Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 31:15

Six days shall work bedone, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death. -- Exodus 35:2

He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death. -- Exodus 21:15

He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 21:17

For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. -- Leviticus 20:9

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. -- Leviticus 20:13

And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. -- Leviticus 20:11

And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them. -- Leviticus 20:12

And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you. -- Leviticus 20:14

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you. -- Deuteronomy 22:23-24

f any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.-- Deuteronomy 22:13-22

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. -- Exodus 22:18

He that sacrificeth unto any god save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed. -- Exodus 22:20

Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. -- 1 Samuel 15:2-3

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 soren008
[QUOTE="soren008"]

Cherry Picking ;)

Dracargen

Both are ignorant ..

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="soren008"]

Cherry Picking ;)

soren008

Both are ignorant ..

However, both happen more often than common sense. Oh, the irony.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soren008

"I know that love does not seek revenge. We do not want a life for a life. Love seeks healing, peace and wholeness. Hatred can never overcome hatred. Only love can overcome hatred and violence. Love is that light. It is that candle that cannot be extinguished by all the darkness and hatred in the world. Judge Goger, that is the reason we are not asking for the death penalty."

Hector Black, whose daughter Patricia was murdered in Atlanta, Georgia in 2000

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Yea It pisses me off when people think they are a certain religion but they don't have to follow all the rules. That's just stupid rules are there for a reason and you are asked to follow not some but all of them. Sure sometimes you can break the rules, but we are only human, but you can ask for forgivness for breaking those rules and you will be forgiven, however you can't just think some rules you don't have to follow.
MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarineJcksn

[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]Nice try SpaceMoose, should've seen this leftist ball coming from a mile away. The Death Penalty is just common sense in SOME cases. For example, our worthless, disgusting Supreme Court today ruled that the Death Penalty for Child Rapists in "Unconstitutional". This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. How can anyone NOT advocate killing a child molester?Boba_Fett_3710

For the longest time, I felt that way too. But, given our current legal system odds are he'd still spend some time in jail. I dunno about you, but I'd rather NOT have my hard earned tax dollars paying to keep a waste of life like that alive. I dunno why there's even a debate when it comes to child molesters and rapists. Studies repeatedly show they can't be rehabilitated.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts

Dracargen
This is probably the most reasonable answer.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]

[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]Nice try SpaceMoose, should've seen this leftist ball coming from a mile away. The Death Penalty is just common sense in SOME cases. For example, our worthless, disgusting Supreme Court today ruled that the Death Penalty for Child Rapists in "Unconstitutional". This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. How can anyone NOT advocate killing a child molester?MarineJcksn

For the longest time, I felt that way too. But, given our current legal system odds are he'd still spend some time in jail. I dunno about you, but I'd rather NOT have my hard earned tax dollars paying to keep a waste of life like that alive. I dunno why there's even a debate when it comes to child molesters and rapists. Studies repeatedly show they can't be rehabilitated.

It saves alot more money keeping people alive, as opposed to executing, which costs much more, it's just the best way to save tax dollars in that situation I suppose.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Boba_Fett_3710

For the longest time, I felt that way too. But, given our current legal system odds are he'd still spend some time in jail. I dunno about you, but I'd rather NOT have my hard earned tax dollars paying to keep a waste of life like that alive. I dunno why there's even a debate when it comes to child molesters and rapists. Studies repeatedly show they can't be rehabilitated.MarineJcksn

Working with computers my whole life, I can relate scum like this to a virus on a computer. A virus will corrupt and destroy the foundation of your computer if stopped. There are only two ways to stop it, either destroy it or quarantine it. I feel that quarantining a person will make it easier for law enforcement to recognise more like him. I don't feel safe having viruses festering in a quarantine on my PC, just as I don't like bad people festering in prison.

Just my two cents.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soren008
[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]

[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]Nice try SpaceMoose, should've seen this leftist ball coming from a mile away. The Death Penalty is just common sense in SOME cases. For example, our worthless, disgusting Supreme Court today ruled that the Death Penalty for Child Rapists in "Unconstitutional". This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. How can anyone NOT advocate killing a child molester?yoshi-lnex

It saves alot more money keeping people alive, as opposed to executing, which costs much more, it's just the best way to save tax dollars in that situation I suppose.

Again the death penalty debate comes in contact with taxes..

:twisted: - This guy would be proud of you

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

Dracargen

Oddly enough, easy to forgive a guy who molested a bunch of kids for years. Yes, I'm referring to the damn molestation in the church scandal!

MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MarineJcksn

[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]yoshi-lnex

I seriously doubt that. But if you're right, I'll believe it. In either case, bullets are cheap. Gimmie the chance and I'll do it myself, wont even charge the state money and I'll provide the ammunition myself.8)

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yoshi-lnex

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="MarineJcksn"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]MarineJcksn

I seriously doubt that. But if you're right, I'll believe it. In either case, bullets are cheap. Gimmie the chance and I'll do it myself, wont even charge the state money and I'll provide the ammunition myself.8)

I'm glad you're so enthused about it...I guess.
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

SpaceMoose

The bible says thou shalt not murder. Not thou shalt not kill.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

Infinite-Zr0

Than wouldn't that mean God would be commiting blasphemy when he orderd Abraham to Kill Isaac?

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dracargen
[QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"][QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

Boba_Fett_3710

Than wouldn't that mean God would be commiting blasphemy when he orderd Abraham to Kill Isaac?

No, because Abraham never killed Isaac. . .

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Infinite-Zr0
[QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"][QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

Boba_Fett_3710

Depends on how God defines murder.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Nice try SpaceMoose, should've seen this leftist ball coming from a mile away. The Death Penalty is just common sense in SOME cases. For example, our worthless, disgusting Supreme Court today ruled that the Death Penalty for Child Rapists in "Unconstitutional". This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. How can anyone NOT advocate killing a child molester?MarineJcksn

Umm...maybe because they haven't killed anyone?

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Infinite-Zr0
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"][QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

Infinite-Zr0

Depends on how God defines murder.

btw, I'm not some kind of whacked out christianfogey.

I'm just not a fan when people are ignorant to what they are arguing about/against.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Boba_Fett_3710

Dracargen

It's a slippery slope because God ordered Abraham to knowingly defy him. Obviously Isaac was never killed but if God was so harsh on Abraham just to test him, why would be be so lenient on rapists?

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dracargen

*Lottsa quotes*

creepy_mike

Old Covenant, huh?. . . .two can play at this game.

As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. (Ezek 33:11; see also 18:32)

If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. (Jer 18:7-8)

Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city. (Jer 5:1)

They did not destroy the peoples as the Lord had commanded them, but they mingled with the nations and adopted their customs. They worshiped their idols, which became a snare to them. They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to demons. They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood. (Psalm 106:34-38)

They pour out drink offerings to other gods to provoke me to anger. But am I the one they are provoking? declares the LORD. Are they not rather harming themselves, to their own shame? (Jer 7:18-19)

The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. (Is 57:1)

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. (Lev 19:18)

If you come across your enemy's ox or donkey wandering off, be sure to take it back to him. If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help him with it. (Ex 23:4-5)

When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. (Lev 19:33-34)

Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. (Ex 22:22-23)

Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. (Lev 19:14)

Cursed is the man who leads the blind astray on the road. (Dt 27:18)

When you make a loan of any kind to your neighbor, do not go into his house to get what he is offering as a pledge. Stay outside and let the man to whom you are making the loan bring the pledge out to you. If the man is poor, do not go to sleep with his pledge in your possession. Return his cloak to him by sunset so that he may sleep in it. Then he will thank you, and it will be regarded as a righteous act in the sight of the Lord your God.

Do not take advantage of a hired man who is poor and needy, whether he is a brother Israelite or an alien living in one of your towns. Pay him his wages each day before sunset, because he is poor and is counting on it. Otherwise he may cry to the Lord against you, and you will be guilty of sin. (Dt 24:10-15)

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs. Be careful not to harbor this wicked thought: "The seventh year, the year for canceling debts, is near," so that you do not show ill will toward your needy brother and give him nothing. He may then appeal to the Lord against you, and you will be found guilty of sin. Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land. (Dt 15:7-11)

When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. (Lev 19:9-10)

When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. When you beat the olives from your trees, do not go over the branches a second time. Leave what remains for the alien, the fatherless and the widow. When you harvest the grapes in your vineyard, do not go over the vines again. Leave what remains for the alien, the fatherless and the widow. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt. That is why I command you to do this. (Dt 24:19-22)

At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns, so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. (Dt 14:28-29)

When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. (Lev 19:33-34)

Do not oppress an alien; you yourselves know how it feels to be aliens, because you were aliens in Egypt. (Ex 23:9)

It is the Levites who are to do the work at the Tent of Meeting and bear the responsibility for offenses against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites....Speak to the Levites and say to them: "When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the Lord's offering...You must present as the Lord's portion the best and holiest part of everything given to you." (Num 18:23, 26, 29)

The king, moreover, must not acquire great numbers of horses for himself or make the people return to Egypt to get more of them, for the Lord has told you, "You are not to go back that way again." He must not take many wives, or his heart will be led astray. He must not accumulate large amounts of silver and gold. When he takes the throne of his kingdom, he is to write for himself on a scroll a copy of this law, taken from that of the priests, who are Levites. It is to be with him, and he is to read it all the days of his life so that he may learn to revere the Lord his God and follow carefully all the words of this law and these decrees and not consider himself better than his brothers and turn from the law to the right or to the left. Then he and his descendants will reign a long time over his kingdom in Israel. (Dt 17:16-20)

Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin. (Dt 24:16)

One witness is not enough to convict a man accused of any crime or offense he may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. (Dt 19:15)

Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly. (Lev 19:15)

For six years you are to sow your fields and harvest the crops, but during the seventh year let the land lie unplowed and unused. Then the poor among your people may get food from it, and the wild animals may eat what they leave. Do the same with your vineyard and your olive grove. Six days do your work, but on the seventh day do not work, so that your ox and your donkey may rest and the slave born in your household, and the alien as well, may be refreshed. (Ex 23:10-12)

If a slave has taken refuge with you, do not hand him over to his master. Let him live among you wherever he likes and in whatever town he chooses. Do not oppress him. (Dt 23:15-16)

Don't sacrifice your children on the altar fires to the god Molech. I am the Lord your God, and that would disgrace me. (Lev 18:21)

If you see your brother's ox or sheep straying, do not ignore it but be sure to take it back to him. If the brother does not live near you or if you do not know who he is, take it home with you and keep it until he comes looking for it. Then give it back to him. Do the same if you find your brother's donkey or his cloak or anything he loses. Do not ignore it. If you see your brother's donkey or his ox fallen on the road, do not ignore it. Help him get it to its feet. (Dt 22:1-4)

Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor's life. (Lev 19:16)

If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married. (Dt 24:5)

If you enter your neighbor's vineyard, you may eat all the grapes you want, but do not put any in your basket. If you enter your neighbor's grainfield, you may pick kernels with your hands, but you must not put a sickle to his standing grain. (Dt 23:24-25)

And now for the New Covenant, the one for Christians:

But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matt 5:39)

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." (Matt 26:52)

Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself." (Matt 19:19)

Need more?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"][QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

Dracargen

But either way, Abraham goes to Hell. Why?

Honor your father and mother
You shall not murder

Those two are in conflict in this situation. Isaac dies, Abraham breaks the latter. Isaac lives, he breaks the former.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
Christianity is about God forgiving. I am not God, I don't have to forgive you for killing someone I loved.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Boba_Fett_3710

You shall not murder

Those two are in conflict in this situation. Isaac dies, Abraham breaks the latter. Isaac lives, he breaks the former.

Video_Game_King

It's a paradox.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]

You shall not murder

Boba_Fett_3710

It's a paradox.

And the reason why I'm Atheist :P:|.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dracargen

You shall not murder

Video_Game_King

Abraham did go to Hell. So did Isaac. And everyone else who lived before Jesus.:| When Jesus died, they were taken to Heaven. They weren't tortured or anything.

Anyway, Isaac living wasn't not honoring his parents.:| I don't even know where you're getting this.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Boba_Fett_3710

And the reason why I'm Atheist :P:|.

Video_Game_King

I don't want to condemn people for what they believe in because every person is different. I'm sure there are some really tough choices to make if you are a firm believer in your religion.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SpaceMoose

The legal system is the legal system. Separation of church and state works both ways.;)LJS9502_basic

What does that have to do with many self-described Christians always rooting for murderers and such to be put to death? I'm speaking from personal exeperience, not necessarily anything I've seen on the forums.

Wren28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wren28
Member since 2005 • 27811 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"][QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

Video_Game_King

You shall not murder

God was testing Abraham's faith. He wanted to see if Abraham would actually kill his son Isaac, and when God saw that Abraham would have, God stopped him from doing it because Abraham passed the test.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SpaceMoose

Okay, so what you are saying is that, based on the Biblical description of Jesus, he would have been for the death penalty in some cases, right? Not a single part of your reply contains any mention of how this agrees or does not agree with Christianity, which is what the thread is about. I should have seen that right wing topic derailment curveball coming from a mile away.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dracargen

God was testing Abraham's faith. He wanted to see if Abraham would actually kill his son Isaac, and when God saw that Abraham would have, God stopped him from doing it because Abraham passed the test.

Wren28

God was testing Abraham's faith, but the test wasn't for God to gauge how faithful Abe was. . . . .it was for Abraham.

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
christian beliefs state that it is acceptable to kill in the court system, in self defense and at war
MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MarineJcksn

[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]Nice try SpaceMoose, should've seen this leftist ball coming from a mile away. The Death Penalty is just common sense in SOME cases. For example, our worthless, disgusting Supreme Court today ruled that the Death Penalty for Child Rapists in "Unconstitutional". This is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. How can anyone NOT advocate killing a child molester?MrGeezer

Umm...maybe because they haven't killed anyone?

Exactly. Child Molestation is worse.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SpaceMoose

christian beliefs state that it is acceptable to kill in the court system, in self defense and at warinyourface_12

Where in the Bible does Jesus say that?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]

You shall not murder

Dracargen

Abraham did go to Hell. So did Isaac. And everyone else who lived before Jesus.:| When Jesus died, they were taken to Heaven. They weren't tortured or anything.

Anyway, Isaac living wasn't not honoring his parents.:| I don't even know where you're getting this.

I'm talking about Abraham. God is often called Father or our Lord in Heaven or some crap like that. If that's so, going against him means that you go against your father. That goes against the former. And I thought they went to Purgatory or something :?.