How do I save my friend from the darkness?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts

She's got to want to help herself. Just make sure she knows you care for her. And it's better to be clingy than to give her spece, even if she's asking for it.

Dark_Knight6
Why is that? I'm thinking it has something to do with getting them to know you're truly there for them if you don't give them too much space
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

She's got to want to help herself. Just make sure she knows you care for her. And it's better to be clingy than to give her spece, even if she's asking for it.

fastesttruck

Why is that? I'm thinking it has something to do with getting them to know you're truly there for them if you don't give them too much space

Pretty much. The mind of a depressed person works in a way where they feel like they're alone and it can be quite difficult to hammer in the notion that they aren't. Giving them the space just increases that isolation they feel.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts

Pretty much. The mind of a depressed person works in a way where they feel like they're alone and it can be quite difficult to hammer in the notion that they aren't. Giving them the space just increases that isolation they feel.

Dark_Knight6
Thought so. The slight issue I'm having with someone is I don't want her getting too attached to me right now. But she does come to me when things start going really down hill for her. So other than that I just check in on her every week or two to see how shes doing. (Haven't met in person which is the reason for keeping some distance. [Knew her friends sister] )
quetzalcoatI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 quetzalcoatI
Member since 2010 • 627 Posts

You want to save her from the darkness? Help her get it over with.