How can anyone willingly choose to smoke cigarettes today

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts

Nevertheless you are addicted to it are you not? Games are not drugs (arugably lol) yet people are addicted to them. T.v. isn't a drug, yet people can get addicted to it. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, isn't there a term for people who are addicted to working?

Scarletred

Not necessarily you being addicted to it, but rather your mind. It's a preception. I don't know if you can argue about it being an addiction or not. Unlike drugs, games, etc. that you're addicted to, you don't go through withdrawals (that I know of). You're more likely to have a psychological distortion of the way you look. Your preception of the way you look is distorted.

And the term you're looking for is workaholic.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="Thechaninator"]I love peoples definition of a high on here. Apparently Mr. Geezer and the other guy think that, by definition, food gets you high because it puts you in a good mood:lol:DeeJayInphinity

Did you not read the abstract I provided? "Activation of these neuronal receptors produces all of the psychoactive effects of nicotine: pleasure, relaxation, psychostimulant, tranquillising, and antidepressant actions, regulation of appetite and weight, etc" There's more to it than just feeling happy, but yes that is the result and it is why people might choose to smoke. They want to feel happy, and they want to relieve their stress. Nicotine can help you with that. That was MrGeezer's argument.

Mr.Geezer himself said he was NOT referring to the stress relief!

EPIC FAIL!!!:lol:

What? Why would getting high not cause at least a temporary relief from stress? You're just grasping for straws now.

Did you not read what I said? HE SAID IT HIMSELF HE WAS NOT REFFERING TO THE STRESS RELIEF EFFECT AT ALL!!!!

You are the one going crazy and grasping for straws.

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts

Very true however, just because something can get you high or drunk, does not mean that if I take the smallest dose of it, I will be addicted. Also just for the record, I didn't drink coffee because of it's effect, but because of its taste. I still eat coffee flavored ice cream LOL. Also IIRC you did ask "Why would someone get addicted to something if it didn't give you a high," which is what my original post was replying to.

Scarletred
I said people use it because it can give you a high. The addiction/dependance comes later.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#104 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"]If you hadn't derailed the conversation, you'd know this.Deity_Slapper

I'm sorry, should I go sit in the Time Out corner? :(

your opinion is not welcome :twisted:

Says who?

That was a mean thing to say, and you know what? On my planet, meanies are not welcome. So you! Be gone!

Ha ha, I win. (As usual)

I was only kidding :(
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ayanami_rei

Very true however, just because something can get you high or drunk, does not mean that if I take the smallest dose of it, I will be addicted. Also just for the record, I didn't drink coffee because of it's effect, but because of its taste. I still eat coffee flavored ice cream LOL. Also IIRC you did ask "Why would someone get addicted to something if it didn't give you a high," which is what my original post was replying to.

Scarletred
With some things that you take the smallest dose of, however, can make you addicted to it instantly.
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 DeeJayInphinity

Did you not read what I said? HE SAID IT HIMSELF HE WAS NOT REFFERING TO THE STRESS RELIEF EFFECT AT ALL!!!!

Thechaninator
Ugh. MrGeezer made the argument that it can give you a high. I stated that people want to feel happy, which is what getting high entails. I then (I suppose irresponsibly) added that it can cause stress release. You posted epic fail, referring to the simple organizational mistake I made. You are grasping for straws.
balleralex90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 balleralex90
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

Cigarettes are the dumbest waste of money ever. They have absolutely no up-side., wow they make you feel good; wrong only the people that are addicted say that because they have to hav them or they'll fell like crap. (UPDATE...THEY ALSO KILL YOU.)

WASTED MONEY, DEATH, ADDICTION=BAD

CIGARETTES KILL PEOPLE, ARE LEGAL AND ARE ENCOUREGED AS EVER.

WEED HAS NEVER KILLED ANYBODY (EXCEPT FROM BRONCHITIS RELATED DEATHS), KILLS CANCER CELLS,RELEVIES STREES AND IS EXTREMELY ILLEGAL, YET PEOPLE GO TO JAIL FOR YEARS JUST FOR SMOKEING IT. DOES SOMETHING SEEM WRONG HERE YA THE GOVERNMENT. :evil:

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
[QUOTE="Scarletred"]

Nevertheless you are addicted to it are you not? Games are not drugs (arugably lol) yet people are addicted to them. T.v. isn't a drug, yet people can get addicted to it. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, isn't there a term for people who are addicted to working?

ayanami_rei

Not necessarily you being addicted to it, but rather your mind. It's a preception. I don't know if you can argue about it being an addiction or not. Unlike drugs, games, etc. that you're addicted to, you don't go through withdrawals (that I know of). You're more likely to have a psychological distortion of the way you look. Your preception of the way you look is distorted.

And the term you're looking for is workaholic.

and is that not the same way drugs work. YOU don't need the drugs (in fact the drugs harm you) yet your mind is telling you "give it to me." Just like how when you are bulimic, your body does not need to be any skinnier (in fact in some cases if you becomes skinnier or proceed to purge yourself you can and will do yourself harm, sometimes leading to hemorages) yet your mind is telling you "Purge because you are to fat". You are addicted to the action. A person with bulimia can go through psychological withdrawals if during recovery, they all of a sudden feel that they are still fat (sometimes caused by a jerk telling the they are too fat).

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Thechaninator
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

DeeJayInphinity

Ugh. MrGeezer made the argument that it can give you a high. I stated that people want to feel happy, which is what getting high entails. I then (I suppose irresponsibly) added that it can cause stress release. You posted epic fail, referring to the simple organizational mistake I made. You are grasping for straws.

No you actually referred to it as Geezers arguement which is how you failed. Go back and check for yourself.

As I mentioned the stress relief isn't a true high as it is merely removing the depressant effects the addiction to the nicotine adds so you can feel normal again.

If you actually consider that a high, then this means people get high off fast food.

A high isn't just feeling happy but it entails some sort of mental disturbance, such as crazy burts of energy (caffeine), impaired perception (alcohol), or hallucinations (mushrooms).

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"]If you hadn't derailed the conversation, you'd know this.Toriko42

I'm sorry, should I go sit in the Time Out corner? :(

your opinion is not welcome :twisted:

Says who?

That was a mean thing to say, and you know what? On my planet, meanies are not welcome. So you! Be gone!

Ha ha, I win. (As usual)

I was only kidding :(

I know, but I couldn't resist.

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DeeJayInphinity

No you actually referred to it as Geezers arguement which is how you failed. Go back and check for yourself.

As I mentioned the stress relief isn't a true high as it is merely removing the depressant effects the addiction to the nicotine adds so you can feel normal again.

If you actually consider that a high, then this means people get high off fast food.

A high isn't just feeling happy but it entails some sort of mental disturbance, such as crazy burts of energy (caffeine), impaired perception (alcohol), or hallucinations (mushrooms).

Thechaninator
Yes, which is what I corrected in my previous post.. the one you just quoted. Are you actually reading my posts?
As the abstract mentioned, there is more to nicotine than stress relief. Again, are you reading my posts?
It does get you high. That has been proven already, as my abstract suggets. Go read the journal article itself.
*Sigh* again, the effect of nicotine goes deeper than just feeling happy. READ MY POSTS.
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Scarletred
[QUOTE="Scarletred"]

ayanami_rei

With some things that you take the smallest dose of, however, can make you addicted to it instantly.

some, not all.

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Scarletred
Also is it just me or does anyone else become sleepy from drinking coffee? I never get hyper off coffee. energy drinks sure but coffee never.
Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Thechaninator
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

DeeJayInphinity

Yes, which is what I corrected in my previous post.. the one you just quoted. Are you actually reading my posts?
As the abstract mentioned, there is more to nicotine than stress relief. Again, are you reading my posts?
It does get you high. That has been proven already, as my abstract suggets. Go read the journal article itself.
*Sigh* again, the effect of nicotine goes deeper than just feeling happy. READ MY POSTS.

ok and in what way does nicotine impair you?

I saw nothing about impairment in the abstract, then again it is after 4 AM here which may be an issue....

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

You claimed that nicotine provides "fake" stress relief (I don't even know what that means...stress relief is stress relief) RATHER than getting you high.

I replied that "I wasn't talking about stress relief, I was talking about getting high."

Yes, getting high relieves stress. However, I was referring to YOUR implication that stress relief ("fake" stress relief, no less) is a benefit obtianed from smoking, while getting high is NOT.

You can relieve stress by squeezing a ball, or counting to ten. However, that is NOT the same as intaking an addictive drug which causes a high (and also relieves stress).

THAT was the full intent of my comment. However, if you insist on grasping at straws just in an attempt to "own" someone, then I'll concede defeat just to shut you up.

Yes, I was wrong, you owned me. Good job.

NOW we must realize that DeeJay has very well established that smoking cigarettes DOES get you high. So even if you've "owned" me, you still have to counter HIS well-supported claim that smoking cigarettes gets you high. You HAVEN'T called him out on any errors, so the prevailing argument is STILL that people smoke cigarettes because it gets them high (my original argument, by the way).

So...keep on grasping at straws all you like. If it makes you happy, I'll admit that you owned me. I'm STILL right, because smoking cigarettes DOES still cause a high, as DeeJay has established much better than I was ever going to.

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DeeJayInphinity

I saw nothing about impairment in the abstract, then again it is after 4 AM here which may be an issue....

Thechaninator
A high does not always cause impaired perception--you listed caffeine, which is a drug and is a legal high, but does not commonly cause mental or visual impairment because it is not commonly used at such high doses. However, overdose on nicotine and you'll see a quick impairment of your motor function as well as your mental functioning.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
I tried smoking once when I was rather depressed, and absolutely hated it. It seems like a pretty unpleasant habit to have, especially given how harmful it is.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

Thechaninator

Uh...actually it WAS my argument. The FIRST reply in this thread was made by ME. And I replied "because it gets you high."

That was ABSOLUTELY my argument all along.

YOU are in error by claiming that "stress relief" is the ONLY benefit obtained from smoking. Smoking can relieve stress, but more importantly, IT GETS YOU HIGH.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Thechaninator
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

DeeJayInphinity

A high does not always cause impaired perception--you listed caffeine, which is a drug and is a legal high, but does not commonly cause mental or visual impairment because it is not commonly used at such high doses. However, overdose on nicotine and you'll see a quick impairment of your motor function as well as your mental functioning.

I also mentioned the burst of energy but forgot to repeat that in my last post.

And dude, overdosing on ANYTHING will impair you in some manner.

And Mr.Geezer, it is a very FAKE stress relief as you are simply feeling relieved because you are making the withdrawal symptoms go away temporarily.

There is no high, end of story. No burst of energy, no impairment, just simple feelings of happiness and possible relaxation. Like I said, by your definition fast food gets you high as it accomplishes the same things cigarettes do.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Deity_Slapper

YOU are in error by claiming that "stress relief" is the ONLY benefit obtained from smoking. Smoking can relieve stress, but more importantly, IT GETS YOU HIGH.

MrGeezer

Isn't "getting high" a method of relieving stress? I think that was the point. Same thing, essentially.

It's not like people get high to increase their stress. :lol:

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DeeJayInphinity

I also mentioned the burst of energy but forgot to repeat that in my last post.

And dude, overdosing on ANYTHING will impair you in some manner.

And Mr.Geezer, it is a very FAKE stress relief as you are simply feeling relieved because you are making the withdrawal symptoms go away temporarily.

There is no high, end of story. No burst of energy, no impairment, just simple feelings of happiness and possible relaxation. Like I said, by your definition fast food gets you high as it accomplishes the same things cigarettes do.

Thechaninator
Your argument was that it does not impair function.. my argument is that it does, when you take the proper doses, just as caffeine will eff you up only when you take the proper doses. Both are drugs, both are legal highs.
And I once again fall back on the abstract I posted earlier: "psychostimulant, tranquillising, and antidepressant actions".
Look up the definition of a psychostimulant. Look up the definition of an tranquillising. Look up the definition of an antidepressant.
A high does not produce the exact same effects accross the board. There are different effects, and there are different drugs that can help you experience those effects.
I did not say that nicotine is a drug only because it makes you happy. I keep posting the additional effects it can have on someone and you continue to ignore me.
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Scarletred
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Deity_Slapper

Isn't "getting high" a method of relieving stress? I think that was the point. Same thing, essentially.

Just because it is a method does not mean it is the same thing. Working out and listening to music is a way to relieve stress however it isn't the same thing is getting high. I characterize something as being able to get you high when at a certain point of use, your perception and moral judgement becomes distorted.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Deity_Slapper

Driving is also a method of getting to the park. Walking is a method of getting to the park.

However, if you assume that "getting to the park" is the same thingas "driving", then you have made a huge failure of logic.

Or let's put it another way...a pickle is a cucumber. Does this mean that a cucumber is a pickle?

Or let's put it in another way...are there any ways of relieving stress that DON'T involve getting high?

And this time, could you please THINK before you post?

gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#124 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts

I do not know

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Deity_Slapper

Driving is also a method of getting to the park. Walking is a method of getting to the park.

However, if you assume that "getting to the park" is the same thingas "driving", then you have made a huge failure of logic.MrGeezer

Driving and walking are both methods of transportation. Or should I say, they are both ways of getting somewhere. I do both. They both seem to be equally effective at cutting down the space between my starting point and my destination. One is simply more efficent than the other, time wise.

That's just one way to look at them as being the same, in a way. But yes, they are different as well, as walking doesn't involve motorized machinery. But whatever dude. There's a million ways to look at everything.

Or let's put it another way...a pickle is a cucumber. Does this mean that a cucumber is a pickle? MrGeezer

Actually, yes it is. A cucumber is a pickle without the extras.

Or let's put it in another way...are there any ways of relieving stress that DON'T involve getting high? MrGeezer

How about YOU answer that question... ;)

And this time, could you please THINK before you post?

MrGeezer

I usually do...I think...wait, yeah, I do. :roll:

Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts

BTW Geezer, funny you should ask for evidence cause I have seen none for your claim and have had to put up with smokers all my life.

Thechaninator
I'm not a smoker but even I have gotten high of a cigarette. :|
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Deity_Slapper

Just because it is a method does not mean it is the same thing. Working out and listening to music is a way to relieve stress however it isn't the same thing is getting high. I characterize something as being able to get you high when at a certain point of use, your perception and moral judgement becomes distorted.

Scarletred

Working out and listening to music CAN get you high. Research how the brain responds to both...including chemicals that are released in the brain during both.

You see being high as "being distorted". I see it as the opposite. Clear thinking, upbeat, and efficient. This debate is coming down to our personal ways of looking at things, clashing.

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ayanami_rei

some, not all.

Scarletred
Did I say all? No. I said some.
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Scarletred
[QUOTE="Scarletred"]

Deity_Slapper

Working out and listening to music CAN get you high. Research how the brain responds to both...including chemicals that are released in the brain during both.

You see being high as "being distorted". I see it as the opposite. Clear thinking, upbeat, and efficient. This debate is coming down to our personal ways of looking at things, clashing.

That's a first that I have heard of that. Also just because something calms you down or makes you less angry, does not mean that you are high. I I am angry and someone comes and cheers me up that doesn't mean I automatically get high. Also you think that a normally calm person that kills somebody over a basketball game because he was high a result of a clear thinking, upbeat, and efficient result?(

Avatar image for Harshvardhan666
Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Harshvardhan666
Member since 2008 • 1960 Posts
I get really pumped up sometimes when I listen to music.Does that mean I get high? o_O
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#131 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
All right. Judging from mangled fragments of what I can only asume is logic that I've found in this thread, EVERYTHING can get you high :|
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Scarletred
[QUOTE="Scarletred"]

some, not all.

ayanami_rei

I didn't say that you did say all. I was just clarifying. Just like how you were clarifying that some drugs can get you addicted even at doses small enough to get you high , even though all I pointed out was the fact that I won't get addicted to something at a small dose even though it can still get you high (i.e. caffeine)

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 ayanami_rei
[QUOTE="ayanami_rei"][QUOTE="Scarletred"]

some, not all.

Scarletred

I didn't say that you did say all. I was just clarifying. Just like how you were clarifying that some drugs can get you addicted even at doses small enough to get you high , even though all I pointed out was the fact that I won't get addicted to something at a small dose even though it can still get you high (i.e. caffeine)

You were more like saying I had said all, when simply said some. You did not need to clarify. There was enough clarity when I said some things. And I was not pointing it out that it can get you high in the small doses it can get you addicted. You might not be able to get addicted to something in a very small dose, but it depends per person. However, there will be something out there that you will get addicted to instantly in a very small dose. It might not get you high, but it can get you addicted. I was pointing out what you said about things not being able to get you addicted in small dose that there are some things that can AND will.
ROFLMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#134 ROFLMASTER
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
smoking weed is retarded and expensive...if I wanna abuse my body then I'll get hammered
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Scarletred
[QUOTE="Scarletred"][QUOTE="ayanami_rei"][QUOTE="Scarletred"]

some, not all.

ayanami_rei

You were more like saying I had said all, when simply said some. You did not need to clarify. There was enough clarity when I said some things. And I was not pointing it out that it can get you high in the small doses it can get you addicted. You might not be able to get addicted to something in a very small dose, but it depends per person. However, there will be something out there that you will get addicted to instantly in a very small dose. It might not get you high, but it can get you addicted. I was pointing out what you said about things not being able to get you addicted in small dose that there are some things that can AND will.

I never put it in that context. The way I said it was in a "Just because this happens does not necessarilly mean this will happen" context. Just because I said "some, not all" does not mean I implied that you DID say all. Like I said I was just clarifying. Similar as to how in survival action movies they scientific guy says "We only have a 30% chance of getting to the generator without getting attacked by *fill in blank*, then another guy comes and says "But it is still a chance" then the scientific guy says "Yes a chance but a very small chance". ( I know...an acid trip of an example but it's late and that's all I can think of right now.) Don't take it personal if I clarify.

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Scarletred

smoking weed is retarded and expensive...if I wanna abuse my body then I'll get hammeredROFLMASTER

You ever tried it?

Chitzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Chitzu
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

I'd rather hang out with somebody who smokes cigarettes than smokes weed or Hookah.

Your whining sense makes none. >_>

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Toriko42

I'd rather hang out with somebody who smokes cigarettes than smokes weed or Hookah.

Your whining sense makes none. >_>

Chitzu
A lot of people who smoke weed and hookah are normal people...

Most of them to be exact. If you're a teenager chances are you already do and just don't know it yet
GiveMeIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#139 GiveMeIce
Member since 2007 • 496 Posts

I think just to relieve stress if your 21 or older, if your 21 or younger is just to be cool. There are still some cases of young kids smoking just to releive stress though.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Toriko42

I think just to relieve stress if your 21 or older, if your 21 or younger is just to be cool. There are still some cases of young kids smoking just to releive stress though.

GiveMeIce
I'd rather blow heads off in video games
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#141 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts

Because its the only legal plant people can smoke?123625

You are most certainly mistaken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarettes

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

I'm 16 and I smoke. I started at 14 out of pure curiousity and have been doing it ever since. The actual reason I smoke is because I enjoy it and it breaks up my day. If I didn't have a cigarette break I'd never get out the house! It's just a nice little treat every few hours where I sit outside and relax and reflect about things - it's my 'me' time.

I understand the health risks and I am a little worried about them but hey. I respect people for not smoking so I expect people to respect this post and not tell me I'm 'stupid for putting toxic chemicals that can harm people around you blah blah blah'. I try not to smoke around non-smokers so anyone who is about to flame me: don't.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Toriko42

I'm 16 and I smoke. I started at 14 out of pure curiousity and have been doing it ever since. The actual reason I smoke is because I enjoy it and it breaks up my day. If I didn't have a cigarette break I'd never get out the house! It's just a nice little treat every few hours where I sit outside and relax and reflect about things - it's my 'me' time.

I understand the health risks and I am a little worried about them but hey. I respect people for not smoking so I expect people to respect this post and not tell me I'm 'stupid for putting toxic chemicals that can harm people around you blah blah blah'. I try not to smoke around non-smokers so anyone who is about to flame me: don't.

tofu-lion91
That's cool, I respect that

Do you worry about your parents finding out?
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

Toriko42

That's cool, I respect that

Do you worry about your parents finding out?

Thanks. Yes my mum is a BIG anti-smoking freak, she used to smell it on me and go mental. I used to be really careful, always having showers and stuff so she wouldn't catch me. Now I'm 16 though I blatently stink of cigarettes sometimes and she doesn't say anything so I think she might have guessed but knows I'm old enough to make my own choices.

I was 16 for one month on the old law and was able to purchase them but they changed it to 18 so I still have to get other people to buy me them which is a pain. I'm old enough to get married and have children but not old enough to smoke, I think that's a bit stupid really.

Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
I think the reason why people do it is because some people actually like it and find that helps them not feel so nervous. When I turned 18 I bought a pack to see what the big deal was with them and I couldn't find anything good about them, so I didn't continue smoking after that.
Trelaf_TheWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Trelaf_TheWise
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

smoking weed is retarded and expensive...if I wanna abuse my body then I'll get hammeredROFLMASTER

How is getting s***faced by alcohol any less retarded than getting a mild trip from weed?:|

momo372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 momo372
Member since 2005 • 2641 Posts
smoking cigarettes is bad but weed is fine? WTF have you been smoking?
Chitzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Chitzu
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

smoking cigarettes is bad but weed is fine? WTF have you been smoking?momo372

Haha, that's too funny! :lol:

htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
i know alot of people who smoke and suprising to me is that msot of them a girls. damn i hate attention whores.
Avatar image for Harshvardhan666
Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Harshvardhan666
Member since 2008 • 1960 Posts
I have some friends who started smoking when they were 13.They probably started it to look cool but do it now out of habit.