High school kids getting drunk...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts

Bunch of my friends have this urge to have parties with TONS of Bud Lights and Plastic Red cups. Then there are the cup holders to hide the bud light even though there's bud light all over the place. Then they post these photos on Facebook like it's nothing (I don't go to the parties, I see the photos they take). Is there ever a chance that they get caught if the police come to the house Most of the time, do the kids do it when their parents aren't home? How in the world do they drive home without being drunk? I can imagine some day one parent goes in his child's facebook (child forgets to log off or has a saved password), sees all these photos, and then the kids get in trouble with the school.

I see a lot of good people (ranked high in the class) that I see with red cups, risking a lot just to have these parties. What do you guys think? I've never really had too much fun in high school with parties, but one reason is that I never want to get involved with parties with alcohol and whatnot. But I fear that I'll never have fun in college because almost all the parties there have alcohol, and while I won't drink it, I still have to be around it to have "fun. and to get to know more people.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
I dont need to party or drink to have fun, its not my style. Im too mellow and calm for all of that BS...All you need is a good group of friends and have your own fun.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
It's possible to have fun in college without drunken parties. There are usually many club sports you can join, people of similar mind that you can hang out with, LAN parties, etc. It's how I've been getting by :P I, however, tend to not be as judgmental of it as I once was; I think I've just become desensitized to it, for the most part.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#4 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
I dont need to party or drink to have fun, its not my style. Im too mellow and calm for all of that BS...All you need is a good group of friends and have your own fun.blazinpuertoroc
Yep me and u are much alike.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thepwninator
[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]I dont need to party or drink to have fun, its not my style. Im too mellow and calm for all of that BS...All you need is a good group of friends and have your own fun.MaddenBowler10

Me too. Though, in my world, good friends and video games can be interchangeable :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts
I didn't really drink when I was in high school / underage only a few times but nothing crazy just us being stupid and lolworthy. Even now legalized I don't drink oftenly at all. Some people just do it cause it's "Cuuuuul"
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
The second you get involved with drugs and alcohol there is no turning back... they are so amazing... Abuse your body in moderation. There is no reason not to try these things... just don't lose yourself. Some people can handle it... some can't.
SpidersRMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SpidersRMe
Member since 2006 • 6201 Posts
No one's going to catch them. If their parents find out, they aren't going to get the school involved. And schools just don't give a ****.
socked_feet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 socked_feet
Member since 2008 • 2290 Posts
You don't need to be drunk to have fun. In fact, it might make it worse, because at parties, people tend to overdo it and end up making a fool of themselves or getting sick. I rarely drink, but when I do it's just enough to get a buzz, and even that isn't too much fun.
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blazinpuertoroc
[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]I dont need to party or drink to have fun, its not my style. Im too mellow and calm for all of that BS...All you need is a good group of friends and have your own fun.MaddenBowler10

Yeah not to mention alcohol taste like absolute crap, like seriously do I really need to drink something to have fun and laugh? Nope
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thepwninator
[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"][QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]I dont need to party or drink to have fun, its not my style. Im too mellow and calm for all of that BS...All you need is a good group of friends and have your own fun.blazinpuertoroc

Yeah not to mention alcohol taste like absolute crap, like seriously do I really need to drink something to have fun and laugh? Nope

I've never had any of the stuff myself, but the looks on people's faces when they're taking shots of tequila, guzzling a cheap beer, etc., along with the smell, just makes me think that the stuff tastes horrid. I have more than enough fun watching drunk people to want to try it myself ;)
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Diablo112688
[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"][QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]I dont need to party or drink to have fun, its not my style. Im too mellow and calm for all of that BS...All you need is a good group of friends and have your own fun.blazinpuertoroc

Need is irrelevant. Drinking makes everything better.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thepwninator
[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"][QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"] Yep me and u are much alike. Diablo112688

Yup! Like driving skillz!
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

I went to high school partys years ago when i was a teenager. But I can honestly say though I had a red cup there was never any beer in it.

[spoiler] actually it was vodka [/spoiler]

Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Diablo112688
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"][QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]Yeah not to mention alcohol taste like absolute crap, like seriously do I really need to drink something to have fun and laugh? Nopethepwninator

Yes it makes driving more fun. You are right.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I find alcohol dumb altogether.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"][QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]Yeah not to mention alcohol taste like absolute crap, like seriously do I really need to drink something to have fun and laugh? Nopethepwninator

THIS IS TRUE. It also leaves you feeling strong in the morning.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thepwninator

I went to high school partys years ago when i was a teenager. But I can honestly say though I had a red cup there was never any beer in it.

actually it was vodka

mattykovax
I was at a party a friend of mine was hosting in his dorm room for his birthday (it was tamer than others I've been too), and I, like everyone else, was holding one of those little red cups. However, unlike everyone else's, mine was filled with a nice, good St. Arnold's root beer.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#19 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"][QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="Diablo112688"] Need is irrelevant. Drinking makes everything better.

Yes it makes driving more fun. You are right.

Yah it's all fun until you run someone or kill yourself. Good points man.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thepwninator
[QUOTE="OICWUTUDIDTHAR"][QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="Diablo112688"] Need is irrelevant. Drinking makes everything better.

THIS IS TRUE. It also leaves you feeling strong in the morning.

And don't forget the amazing ability to focus it adds for the mountains of homework you have over the weekend in college!
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RyuHayabusaX
I just keep getting upset about how I could have made more friends during high school. I have less than a semester left in senior year and I'm not the social guy that everyone talks to. I just never know what to talk about during conversation, so naturally I never became someone interesting. WHen someone else starts off the conversation, I'm good, but I just never "hanged out" a lot or went to parties. I mean I go to the after parties after football/basketball games, but these parties that these kids have are ridiculous, one girl flipped her car on the high way 5-10 times or something and ruptured both her arms and legs, though she was never tested/charged with DUI. I'm glad I'm not involved with the "Bad bad crowd", but there are always a few of the good kids (smart, athletic) that might go to the parties, maybe don't drink much, but they still have fun by being with other people. I'm mostly at home all day, though I really want to hang out with other people but I just don't know how to get it all started. This is why I'm worried about college, it's either 4 years or fun or studying, though I will try to join as many clubs as I can.
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts
I really wouldn't know. I've never been into anything like that.
Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Hot-Tamale
Member since 2009 • 2052 Posts

Well, the fact is that a lot of people DO get caught. You might think that your parent's friends are all sane people with functional families, but you see all the crazy people in high school because that's where basically everyone of a certain age is. Once you go to college, you root out the kids who have no futures.

I went to a number of parties when I was in high school, and there were far too many close calls. I remember getting extremely inebriated in my senior year and walking through the high school campus as a shortcut to Subway. My friends and I saw something and started to run away from it - and it turned out that it was a cop. One of my friends just booked it away, while I jogged over to talk to him. Somehow I didn't get in trouble, even though I was intoxicated and being questioned by a police officer. WAY too close.

Another time, my friends and I were high and we needed to get to this party that was out in the boonies. 'Everyone' was there, so we HAD to go, right? Anyway, we hopped into an SUV packed to the brim with about 11 or 12 stoner kids, all of whom were one M.I.P. away from Juvie, and we pulled up right alongside a cop. I don't regret that stuff, but it was WAY too close to be worth doing again...

From personal experience, don't do it. I never got an M.I.P. or minor offense, but once you start, there's really no turning back. And if you get caught by the police, it may jeapordize your possibility of getting into a good college. It's just not worth it.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thepwninator
I just keep getting upset about how I could have made more friends during high school. I have less than a semester left in senior year and I'm not the social guy that everyone talks to. I just never know what to talk about during conversation, so naturally I never became someone interesting. WHen someone else starts off the conversation, I'm good, but I just never "hanged out" a lot or went to parties. I mean I go to the after parties after football/basketball games, but these parties that these kids have are ridiculous, one girl flipped her car on the high way 5-10 times or something and ruptured both her arms and legs, though she was never tested/charged with DUI. I'm glad I'm not involved with the "Bad bad crowd", but there are always a few of the good kids (smart, athletic) that might go to the parties, maybe don't drink much, but they still have fun by being with other people. I'm mostly at home all day, though I really want to hang out with other people but I just don't know how to get it all started. This is why I'm worried about college, it's either 4 years or fun or studying, though I will try to join as many clubs as I can. RyuHayabusaX
I didn't make many friends in high school either, but the ones I did make were very, very close ones. I'd rather have a half-dozen close friends that I can discuss problems with than 40 people who I could get wasted with whenever I want but not share anything with.
TormentedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TormentedHero
Member since 2009 • 661 Posts
I never drank at parties while I was in high school.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattykovax
[QUOTE="mattykovax"]

actually it was vodka

thepwninator
I was at a party a friend of mine was hosting in his dorm room for his birthday (it was tamer than others I've been too), and I, like everyone else, was holding one of those little red cups. However, unlike everyone else's, mine was filled with a nice, good St. Arnold's root beer.

Thats cool if your comfortable. I personally drink,but i have a lot of respect for those who dont. I see it as a personal choice. And obviously its not an issue for you.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
uh. The closest thing I've had to a party is a LAN party. those kick ass though, seriously. and I have a very strong voice. Drinking is just kind of like exotic to high schoolers. That's all.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thepwninator
[QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="mattykovax"]

actually it was vodka

mattykovax

Thats cool if your comfortable. I personally drink,but i have a lot of respect for those who dont. I see it as a personal choice. And obviously its not an issue for you.

Not pertaining to alcohol-if you ever have an opportunity to pick up some Boylan's, St. Arnold's, Abita's, or Virgil's root beer, I highly suggest you do so. It's very, very, very good stuff.
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blazinpuertoroc
[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"][QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"] Yep me and u are much alike. thepwninator

I've never had any of the stuff myself, but the looks on people's faces when they're taking shots of tequila, guzzling a cheap beer, etc., along with the smell, just makes me think that the stuff tastes horrid. I have more than enough fun watching drunk people to want to try it myself ;)

It really taste awful
Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hot-Tamale

[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"][QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"] Yep me and u are much alike. thepwninator

Well, the girls and the boys who 'can't handle straight alcohol' tend to just buy Brunettes, which to the uninitiated is the premier brand of flavored liquor.

Also, in high school, no one drinks beer, let alone wine. It's all about hard liquor - mostly cheap Popov vodka or rum.

silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
so long as they're doing it in moderation, they're not risking much....it's pretty commonplace for kids in HS to drink. And you don't need alcohol to have fun, but it sure is a hell of a lot more fun when you do. but whatever tickles your fancies i guess
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thepwninator

[QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]Yeah not to mention alcohol taste like absolute crap, like seriously do I really need to drink something to have fun and laugh? Nopeblazinpuertoroc

It really taste awful

As I would expect it to :P

I've never been one who was much for waiting to pick up on "aquired tastes".

Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
I'm an honour rolls student who loves to go to those type of parties, and my parents know that. They also know that I am responsible in my transportation and the way I act at these parties. As long as I keep my marks up and have a job there's not much reason for my parents to punish me.
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RyuHayabusaX
[QUOTE="RyuHayabusaX"]I just keep getting upset about how I could have made more friends during high school. I have less than a semester left in senior year and I'm not the social guy that everyone talks to. I just never know what to talk about during conversation, so naturally I never became someone interesting. WHen someone else starts off the conversation, I'm good, but I just never "hanged out" a lot or went to parties. I mean I go to the after parties after football/basketball games, but these parties that these kids have are ridiculous, one girl flipped her car on the high way 5-10 times or something and ruptured both her arms and legs, though she was never tested/charged with DUI. I'm glad I'm not involved with the "Bad bad crowd", but there are always a few of the good kids (smart, athletic) that might go to the parties, maybe don't drink much, but they still have fun by being with other people. I'm mostly at home all day, though I really want to hang out with other people but I just don't know how to get it all started. This is why I'm worried about college, it's either 4 years or fun or studying, though I will try to join as many clubs as I can. thepwninator
I didn't make many friends in high school either, but the ones I did make were very, very close ones. I'd rather have a half-dozen close friends that I can discuss problems with than 40 people who I could get wasted with whenever I want but not share anything with.

yea I know what you mean, honestly I only have one close friend, and too bad he's like 30-40 minutes away, though he still goes to my school. I don't know though, I wouldn't mind going to the parties with alcohol if everyone else (our class) is there, but as in the good "half" of the class isn't drinking and I can just be with them, and I won't drink, but I just don't know how to ask people if I can just come to the parties. It might look weird to them, as in I won't blend in. I know that in the college I'm going to, there will be limitless possibilities, but finding the good close friends will be hard, hopefully I find them, because my high school years weren't as fun. I know though if I had played sports my whole life, I would have been more involved. if I didn't get involved with video games (i've stopped now, which consequently has gotten me more involved), I would have had good impressions the first time I met my entire class.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Diablo112688
All jokes aside some of you guys have a little boys view of the world... It's clear you have lived very little. I am not saying get drunk and be irresponsible. Don't speak too soon guys.
MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
Ive went to a party with alcohol being distributed. You dont have to drink the beer. There should be other food at the party. And besides, the food is free. pig out.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mattykovax
[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="thepwninator"] I was at a party a friend of mine was hosting in his dorm room for his birthday (it was tamer than others I've been too), and I, like everyone else, was holding one of those little red cups. However, unlike everyone else's, mine was filled with a nice, good St. Arnold's root beer.thepwninator

Not pertaining to alcohol-if you ever have an opportunity to pick up some Boylan's, St. Arnold's, Abita's, or Virgil's root beer, I highly suggest you do so. It's very, very, very good stuff.

I will. I actually enjoy good root beer. a lot of the popular brands are not that great though.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thepwninator
All jokes aside some of you guys have a little boys view of the world... It's clear you have lived very little. I am not saying get drunk and be irresponsible. Don't speak too soon guys. Diablo112688
I wouldn't necessarily call my own viewpoint a "little boys view"; I call it "responsible"-I suffer from episodes of something that I do not actually know the term for that involve me becoming a completely feral-I become a completely different person, and a very, very animalistic one at that. I believe that alcohol and other depressants would increase the frequency and, possibly, severity of these episodes, and I think that the possible risk versus possible rewards comparison does not favor drinking. It doesn't help that there's a history of alcoholism in my family.
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts
You don't always have to drink to have fun.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thepwninator
[QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="mattykovax"]Thats cool if your comfortable. I personally drink,but i have a lot of respect for those who dont. I see it as a personal choice. And obviously its not an issue for you. mattykovax

I will. I actually enjoy good root beer. a lot of the popular brands are not that great though.

I agree wholeheartedly. What're your favorite brands, out of curiosity? Also: St. Arnold's and Abita's may be difficult to find-they're brewed in my general area (one is brewed here in Houston and the other in eastern Louisiana), and I don't know how far they're distributed.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mattykovax
[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="thepwninator"] Not pertaining to alcohol-if you ever have an opportunity to pick up some Boylan's, St. Arnold's, Abita's, or Virgil's root beer, I highly suggest you do so. It's very, very, very good stuff.thepwninator

I agree wholeheartedly. What're your favorite brands, out of curiosity? Also: St. Arnold's and Abita's may be difficult to find-they're brewed in my general area (one is brewed here in Houston and the other in eastern Louisiana), and I don't know how far they're distributed.

Dont really have a favorite right now, all I can really get in this area is the crappy store stuff. there used to be a pretty good local brew,but I forget the name. If i do get it I usually just get polar,its not that great,but I can get it fresh because I know someone who works at the plant.
Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hot-Tamale
[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="thepwninator"] Not pertaining to alcohol-if you ever have an opportunity to pick up some Boylan's, St. Arnold's, Abita's, or Virgil's root beer, I highly suggest you do so. It's very, very, very good stuff.thepwninator

Well, the fact is that a lot of people DO get caught. You might think that your parent's friends are all sane people with functional families, but you see all the crazy people in high school because that's where basically everyone of a certain age is. Once you go to college, you root out the kids who have no futures.

I went to a number of parties when I was in high school, and there were far too many close calls. I remember getting extremely inebriated in my senior year and walking through the high school campus as a shortcut to Subway. My friends and I saw something and started to run away from it - and it turned out that it was a cop. One of my friends just booked it away, while I jogged over to talk to him. Somehow I didn't get in trouble, even though I was intoxicated and being questioned by a police officer. WAY too close.

Another time, my friends and I were high and we needed to get to this party that was out in the boonies. 'Everyone' was there, so we HAD to go, right? Anyway, we hopped into an SUV packed to the brim with about 11 or 12 stoner kids, all of whom were one M.I.P. away from Juvie, and we pulled up right alongside a cop. I don't regret that stuff, but it was WAY too close to be worth doing again...

From personal experience, don't do it. I never got an M.I.P. or minor offense, but once you start, there's really no turning back. And if you get caught by the police, it may jeapordize your possibility of getting into a good college. It's just not worth it.

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
Either find new friends or start drinking. Try it once, at least. If you don't like it, don't do it, but you should actually try it before swearing it off entirely.
-Misanthropic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Misanthropic-
Member since 2009 • 3603 Posts
Go to the parties then and have a few beers.You might make some friends, who knows... you only live once.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
Whats wrong with highschool kids drinking:S its not illegal or bad or anything, at leeast not were i come from lol, i did it all the time and it as ablast:P
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 thepwninator
Go to the parties then and have a few beers.You might make some friends, who knows... you only live once.-Misanthropic-
I only live once, so I sure as hell am not going to let myself get tossed in an asylum for the rest of my life because I had a particularly bad episode after drinking.
-Misanthropic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Misanthropic-
Member since 2009 • 3603 Posts
[QUOTE="-Misanthropic-"]Go to the parties then and have a few beers.You might make some friends, who knows... you only live once.thepwninator
I only live once, so I sure as hell am not going to let myself get tossed in an asylum for the rest of my life because I had a particularly bad episode after drinking.

Loosen up.Jesus...
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
Whats wrong with highschool kids drinking:S its not illegal or bad or anything, at leeast not were i come from lol, i did it all the time and it as ablast:PDr_Brocoli
Where do you come from then?