Have you ever being sad of growing up....

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tanya_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Tanya_19
Member since 2009 • 396 Posts
Its just... something i feel since not so long ago i turned 20. Sometimes when people asking me for my age in a game... im really thinking about if i should tell my age or not. I dont know why.... maybe its because i thought its kinda impossible when i was little... so i dont want them to think im wierd, or something, i dont know... Sometimes im getting reactions from them like "lol, your 20?"... and i just dont know how to answer them... Im just thinking when they hit 20's they will probably understand. I know that there is no age for this things... but still... im feel kinda jealous of the little kinds. I remember myself playing PC games 10 years ago.... freaking 10 years. I feel like it was just yesterday, never thought about time as im thinking about it now. Im trying not to think about this, but i see it everywhere im going, if its the TV that showing an old cartoons i used to watch, or an old PC games, or the kinds that now going to the same school i used to go.... Have you ever felt like that...
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Luncbox1
Member since 2006 • 4543 Posts
That's nostalgia. You may never get to stay home all day watching TV and playing videogames for hours on end, but you'll get a lot of other great things later on down the road. So it all evens out, the way i see it.
Sway-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sway-
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts
Time is the scariest thing to me. I mean im 17 and it just feels weird. I think of it a little diffrent though. I dont get excited to go somewhere for a weekend because the next Monday all the fun I felt is gone. I trully believe I'm crazy though.
spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 spoofnutz
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts

Sounds like you just don't want to grow up...if comic books and dysfunctional parents is all you ever knew, I can vaguely sympathise with you. Not really.

Tanya_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tanya_19

Sounds like you just don't want to grow up...if comic books and dysfunctional parents is all you ever knew, I can vaguely sympathise with you. Not really.

spoofnutz
I came here to share my thoughts and this is what i get - thank you.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Not really. I just enjoy each day best I can. Things change but that doesn't mean they are worse.

BohemianAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BohemianAndy
Member since 2007 • 1413 Posts

Not really. I just enjoy each day best I can. Things change but that doesn't mean they are worse.

LJS9502_basic

That's an awesome way of looking at it. I was feeling nostalgic/a bit down like the topic creator as I just turned 22 today, but what you just said made me feel better instantly lol :D

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

I feel like there are not enough days in a year.

Wicked_Spades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wicked_Spades
Member since 2007 • 1147 Posts

I look at it this way, I'm out of high shcool for 2 weeks now and I've already lost like 4 friends. Everyone moves on - it's how you make up in the long run. Growing up doesn't mean you stop having fun you know? That's why I'm still going to party and make new friends. It's what it's all about - you make some you lose some. Memories are better left as learning experiences rather than regrets.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I try to enjoy life as much as I can. Nostalgia has been getting to me lately, but that's natural.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Whenever feelings of nostalgia come upon me, I always try to focus on what was good back then. Afterwards I find something to do in the present that I enjoy doing. That generally keeps me out of the doldrums.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

Whenever feelings of nostalgia come upon me, I always try to focus on what was good back then. Afterwards I find something to do in the present that I enjoy doing. That generally keeps me out of the doldrums.

topsemag55
this. also it helps to think about the future. youre 20, you still have a lot of living to do.
kdsns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kdsns
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

I'm the same age and I feel the same way. I just focus on living in the moment. It's all that matters.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Yes, even though I do enjoy my life now.

I had a great childhood overall that I spent just enjoying life. Being naive really is a beautiful thing as reality isn't too kind....

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

"Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days." ~Doug Larson

Thinking about your childhood only brings up all the Saturday mornings, the weekend campouts, the full days spent playing from sun-up till sun-down. Rarely do people remember being put to bed early and thinking that you were ALWAYS missing some great adult party thing that would commence the moment you shut your eyes, or always having to sit in the back on car trips because your older brother/sister had senority on seating, or feeling small and helpless and thinking that you just couldn't wait to grow up.

Well, I think my adulthood right now isn't too fun. Struggling to create a career, trying to live on my own, working everyday, NOT having all day to play. The truth is I will probably look back on this time when I am old and grey and think it was the best time of my life.

We are constantly staring into the rearview mirror of our life's journey that is nostalgia.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Hehe, yeah....

Really half the conversations I have with my friends are spent talking about the "good old days" even though we're only in our 20's. My childhood was an absolute blast, so I miss it quite a lot.

PecansAreNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 PecansAreNuts
Member since 2007 • 906 Posts

The older I get the more reflective I become. So in that respect, I guess.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

I get reflective when I think about good times of the past, but I still enjoy every second I can in the present to make more memories, and look forward to the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I have, not too much anymore. I was very nostalgic immediately after graduating hs and into college, but eventually you just get on with your life. I'm 24 myself now and am thoroughly accepting of the fact that I like video games and likely always will like video games and if someone doesn't like that they can shove off. That kind of realization has made me not nearly as nostalgic and more just accepting of the present.
MiniProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MiniProphet
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

We all have Nostalgia, and it definitely affecting me right now since I just graduated from college. Already I'm thinking on the fun I had being in the dorms and having friends around me nearly all the time. Now, I'm at home trying to piece together what I should do to move on?

I do miss the Saturday Cartoons. I miss playing video games for hours on in (especially RPGs). I miss it all. But, let's not forget that we should relish the present too.

Each day has a new surprise and each day there's a chance for a wonderful experience. It's all on where you place your focus. Believe me, nostalgia is great to have to remember the good times, but let's place some energy into making today another great memory for the future.

Tanya_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tanya_19
I just keep loving all the things i used to love when i was little no matter what others will think about it. If they thinks its wierd, so its kinda sad, for them, i guess... and not for me... Why to "force" yourself to grow up... only because other people thinks its wierd..... I mean, sometimes because of the cummunity your need to force yourself to grow up. I cant imagine myself having kinds & working 9 to 5 like a maniac. I always knew that i wont be like that. [and this is can sound very, very odd for some people because its might be "unusual"]. This is how im feeling, maybe it will sometimes change, i dont know.
tomo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 tomo90
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

Yeah I have, quite alot. I just try to get on with it and hope that you'll have more great times like the ones you had behind you.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

Oh man all the time. I turned 18 recently and I am working at a bookstore in england, then I will be making my first short movie and after the summer I will go back to Los Angeles and hopefully make another short film with some friends. After that I will write and director my first feature hopefully, i have a great idea for it. But after all these ideas are out there I look back at my childhood, good and bad and I do miss my childhood. All that time spent with friends now gone, mistakes made and various mishief done. Thinking I had fallen for a girl then actually falling for one I still talk to. But all the new responcibilities are overwhelming at first, and though i may not go to college for a while, I still miss the good times I had before. I loved my childhood even though it had some bad times. But I learned from the good and the bad equally and in the end you have to face reality. You have to grow up eventually and it will be tough, heck its already tough for me. I find that leaving school and doing all these things like getting a job and such are a strain on my friendships. Alot of my friends are not yet grown up and they dont seem to understand what its like to really rely on yourself.

HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

ahaha. not really. :o

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
I kind of like my adult years and you dont have to sacrafice everything. At 31 I still play games and comics I just have to balance it with other responsibilitys. As for people's opinions I do not take criticism too seriously from people who get out of work then wasteall their free time in front of the TV. At least my hobbies stimulate brain activity.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Film-Guy

I look at it this way, I'm out of high shcool for 2 weeks now and I've already lost like 4 friends. Everyone moves on - it's how you make up in the long run. Growing up doesn't mean you stop having fun you know? That's why I'm still going to party and make new friends. It's what it's all about - you make some you lose some. Memories are better left as learning experiences rather than regrets.

Wicked_Spades

Even though i know people move on, I really dont want to lose the friends I have. How did you lose the 4 friends? Did they move somewhere or get jobs or something like that?

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#27 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I'm 16, turning 17 next month and it feels like yesterday I was a little toddler running around and doing crazy, childish things :( Now I'm heading into college and it'll be a whole new adventure for me. I feel like I'm gonna miss being a carefree kid :(
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts

It's definitely sad since all these responsibilities are coming at you left and right. From finding a job up to having quite a slice of household chores.

I miss my kiddie days when I only woke up to grab my gaming console or simply play outside with my friends and play with them since doing my homework is quite easy.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Film-Guy

This thread reminds me of that episode of south park when the kids want to use a time machine to go back into the third grade:lol:

Jaidyn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jaidyn1
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

yea , i dont really wanna grow up but life must go on and you'll grow up liking or not liking it! :(

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#31 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

At 20yrs old, you're still young in my book.

I'm 29yrs old and I look back on my early 20s as the best time of my life. Of course, in my early 20s, I was still in college with the sole responsibility of earning great grades.

I do enjoy my life as it is today, but I have a lot more on my shoulders these days. I have a wife & baby daughter, a house that I own, a career, and (of course) plenty of bills to pay. All I worried when I was 20 were grades, women, and working-out.

cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
I am very sad about growing older :(
Wicked_Spades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wicked_Spades
Member since 2007 • 1147 Posts

At 20yrs old, you're still young in my book.

I'm 29yrs old and I look back on my early 20s as the best time of my life. Of course, in my early 20s, I was still in college with the sole responsibility of earning great grades.

I do enjoy my life as it is today, but I have a lot more on my shoulders these days. I have a wife & baby daughter, a house that I own, a career, and (of course) plenty of bills to pay. All I worried when I was 20 were grades, women, and working-out.

LosDaddie
I got kicked out of my house and I'm 18. I wish I had those luxuries right now. I'm bustin' my butt to find a job in a declining economy. Night shift here we come!
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#34 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
I can't believe I'm seventeen years old. I used to feel like such a young kid on forums years back, but now I'm probably one of the older participants. I don't feel like I type or say anything differently than I was when I was thirteen or fourteen, though, except for the fact that I would ramble on longer, and my posts would be needlessly long. I still feel like the same person I was a few years back, but to think I'm actually seventeen... I just feel really old.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
Nostalgia's always going to be there. It's okay to get that way; most people do. I sometimes watch stuff and play video games that might be intended for people younger than me, and some people probably think that type of thing is weird, but if you enjoy the product then I think it's fine. With age comes responsibility and more exposure to things in the world that aren't as pleasant as the things that were part of your life as a kid, but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to completely become adult-serious about every little thing and stop having fun or being goofy or getting a kick out of certain things aimed at younger people. Just as long as you don't have a bad case of Peter Pan Syndrome like Michael Jackson or are out of step with reality, I think it's fine. TC you are still pretty young and some people "grow up" at rates faster than others, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. It might just be a phase that you haven't gotten through yet. If you don't, maybe turn some of the enthusiasm you have into a career where you are part of that. Also TC, age 20 is not old at all for a gamer imo so whoever was giving you crap for that probably doesn't know any better and isn't worth worrying about.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
I get that now, and I'm only 16. I'm just scared that I wont see any of my friends again (I just finished High School).
cmdkyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cmdkyl
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts

Growing over 30 sucks man xD

Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

sure. all the time.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#39 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Even though going after a job is less interesting than staying at home playing with your friends I don't think I am worried about it.

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 my_mortal_coil

Oh man all the time. I turned 18 recently and I am working at a bookstore in england, then I will be making my first short movie and after the summer I will go back to Los Angeles and hopefully make another short film with some friends. After that I will write and director my first feature hopefully, i have a great idea for it. But after all these ideas are out there I look back at my childhood, good and bad and I do miss my childhood. All that time spent with friends now gone, mistakes made and various mishief done. Thinking I had fallen for a girl then actually falling for one I still talk to. But all the new responcibilities are overwhelming at first, and though i may not go to college for a while, I still miss the good times I had before. I loved my childhood even though it had some bad times. But I learned from the good and the bad equally and in the end you have to face reality. You have to grow up eventually and it will be tough, heck its already tough for me. I find that leaving school and doing all these things like getting a job and such are a strain on my friendships. Alot of my friends are not yet grown up and they dont seem to understand what its like to really rely on yourself.

Film-Guy

I like what you said. This has nothing to do with it, but, you really need to break that up into paragraphs. It would be a lot more readable.

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 my_mortal_coil

Nostalgia's always going to be there. It's okay to get that way; most people do. I sometimes watch stuff and play video games that might be intended for people younger than me, and some people probably think that type of thing is weird, but if you enjoy the product then I think it's fine. With age comes responsibility and more exposure to things in the world that aren't as pleasant as the things that were part of your life as a kid, but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to completely become adult-serious about every little thing and stop having fun or being goofy or getting a kick out of certain things aimed at younger people. Just as long as you don't have a bad case of Peter Pan Syndrome like Michael Jackson or are out of step with reality, I think it's fine. TC you are still pretty young and some people "grow up" at rates faster than others, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. It might just be a phase that you haven't gotten through yet. If you don't, maybe turn some of the enthusiasm you have into a career where you are part of that. Also TC, age 20 is not old at all for a gamer imo so whoever was giving you crap for that probably doesn't know any better and isn't worth worrying about. kfjl

Same with you. Paragrahs my friend!!

Oh and I agree. 40 is the new 20 when it comes to gamers.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#42 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

I'm turning 20 this month... I don't feel 20, and I miss being a kid :(

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
I'm turning 18 in december, and I don't feel like I'm a day past 13.... I'm sad that I'm growing up, but at the same time, I'm happy that I'm getting more freedom and stuff...
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="Tanya_19"]Its just... something i feel since not so long ago i turned 20. Sometimes when people asking me for my age in a game... im really thinking about if i should tell my age or not. I dont know why.... maybe its because i thought its kinda impossible when i was little... so i dont want them to think im wierd, or something, i dont know... Sometimes im getting reactions from them like "lol, your 20?"... and i just dont know how to answer them... Im just thinking when they hit 20's they will probably understand.

Nobody will think you're weird. I bet most people on XBL prefer 20 year olds over screaming little kids. :) I'm 20 as well and play video games.
whoopy2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whoopy2008
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

well, im 17 now and im just accepting that things change.

when I was younger I had friends who I barely see now because we are in different area's - but I have new friends now

I used to play hours and hours with a buddy of mine until the sun went down - now I have a girlfriend who loves me and I spend hours of time with

we used to have slumber party's where we would all try to stay up as long as we could - now I go to clubs and have fun with my mates and getting drunk

I used to get some money/clothes from my parents if I did some random thing for them - now I have a job and I pay everything myself

btw, im very impressed with the responses you guys gave, very mature !

OnlyKurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OnlyKurial
Member since 2009 • 1102 Posts

The topic made me wonder.

Georgedeath2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Georgedeath2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Yeah, that happens to me. But I like to just stare at a candle. Or perhaps pet my cat. www.tron1.com
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Sometimes but then I realize growing up doesn't have to mean that you can't have fun like a kid. Adults are supposed to make kids look forward to the future. So smile and say yes I am 20 then whip their ass in the game. Listen just because your 20 doesn't mean the world is ending. Don't look back at the past. Look forward to the future.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#49 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Hell no. With growing up comes independence. I can't wait to move out of parents house once I find a full time job.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

I also just turned 20 about two months ago and I'm feeling the same way as well. I had a wonderful childhood. Sure it wasn't perfect but it had many fun times, unlike now. I often think what my life will be like when I'm in my 30's and 40's, and I always cringe at the thought. Even now I have plenty of free time and am still young, but later down the road things will be even more different. So even though your childhood is gone, you still have your young adulthood which can still be fun if you let it. Everyone grows up, it's a part of life. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun anymore.